Glass Vapes From The Rogue Wax Works

David Root

This preheat is the cats ass. Everything is balanced.

The preheat for the inside bowl, is just like my no name, so I was already doing that.

Seems to be the way its supposed to be used. I can sit there and take my time with no or one reheat. If it gets too cool, I get the bickel tickel from thin vapor.

No more black on top......
If you get a good hit right off the bat, you are in for it!

David

JettyRatt

RougeGuy no problem with the crack i bought the terp second hand so no warranty expected and with as much use as i have got out of it i consider it money well spent and will order another when able. great product even with the crack

friedrich

Little-Known Member
@friedrich glad you are enjoying them. Did you preheat the bowl? Normally i would think that the BB would be too hot. But if you hit the bowl for like 1-2 seconds first than it would make sense that it's not so important to do slow heating of the cap. I'm using the minis a lot. I get 2 big hits off a vapcap size bowl and I'm a lot more functional than when I'm hitting the Mega all day 💨💨🥴

I haven't tried the bowl heating technique yet, just the standard method, although I hold the torch head around 45° from vertical and aim the inner tip low on the cap, so some flame may get in under the edge? Also my torch was getting low on butane; having refilled it this morning, it definitely takes less time.

Here's my avb from another bowl just now. I don't remember the heating times .. probably about 2 s less than what I previously reported.

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
@hotmeals comes with 4 clips and a 1 minute sand timer

Whoever it was that said they were using Sodium Percarbonate as a cleaner please post your technique, amounts, etc. Im looking for an easy, effective cleaner that i can offer for sale and this seems to be a front runner

Last edited:

olysh pops

I use potassium percarbonate powder, but I don't measure the quantities.

Place a little powder in a container and a little in the vapes. Then place the vapes in the container and cover them completely with boiling water. Bubbles form in the water.
After a few minutes, when there are no more bubbles, remove the vaporizers from the container and rinse with hot (or boiling) water.
That's all there is to it.

To remove any traces of limescale, you can do an additional rinse with white vinegar.

TedJones

Been trying out the big coil out the past couple days. Working really nice with the QC18 and delivers more than the 3 hits I'll typically get with the smaller coil (obviously). About 30 degrees higher on pid and smooth as heck with the larger size for the air to maneuver in there. Coarse grind, no tamp. Here's a 3 1/2 min sesh including heat up. TRWW is amazing :tup:💨

hotmeals

Serial vapist
Got my box of goodies including 18mm coil yesterday. Highly appreciate you getting my order out before going away @RogueGuy ! Slapped the coil on my Terpcicle last night and it was absolutely dreamy. Started off on 420f to be safe, finished the bowl at 450. At 450 it was churning out textbook Terpcicle vapor, and the herb came out fairly dark brown. Going to try a little lower next time. Exceptional vapor quality at a very affordable price as always from TRWW!

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
@TedJones great vid! Are you using a small screen? The 18 always needs that first warm up hit but then it milks it.

@hotmeals glad to hear that's working for you. How long are you heat soaking for?

Ok, so the custom clips have hit a temporary snag, but they did send me a functional piece to test for the wireless setup. Unfortunately it's not in SS. I will need to do some testing and deal with the fact that as is it sits on the coil and conducts a lot of heat into the handle especially at 800 degrees.

20240615-214109.jpg

20240615-214138.jpg

Everything will be back in stock on Wednesday!!

hotmeals

Serial vapist
@hotmeals glad to hear that's working for you. How long are you heat soaking for?
I've still only tried the one bowl so far. The plug in vapes are a little inconvenient for me to use in my current living situation unfortunately. For that bowl I preheated the bowl with a torch a little bit, and let the heater sit for ~30s before starting to hit it. I took the heater off to turn it up to 450, and did the same preheat when placing the heater back on. Took a couple hits to start really ripping. Probably could have preheated the bowl with the torch a little more. The torch preheat method is very new to me as well so I'm still figuring that out.

Been having tons of fun figuring out the QC Mini the past couple days! So far, about 23s after preheat with a Blazer Firefox type flame on the 2mm cap has delivered some awesome hits. Haven't tried the other caps yet.

hotmeals

Serial vapist
@hotmeals I’ve been using the QC mini recently too and it’s phenomenal
It certainly is. I think it will become one of my go to vapes at home.
about 23s after preheat with a Blazer Firefox type flame
Woops... Apparently 23 seconds is definitely too much if preheated well with this torch :uhoh:. 10-15 seems closer to what I'm aiming for. Was being too shy about the preheats

edflumnum

Checking in to report that the QC mini is pretty awesome. Two (actually 4 with the 3 sized caps) small glass parts for easy cleaning. Delicious hits. Couldn't be happier (besides the tweezers). I use my elev8r tongs to remove hot caps anyway. Tweezers weren't necessary and I appreciate the inclusion in the kit. Thanks again Dave for another awesome product!

friedrich

Little-Known Member
Checking in to report that the QC mini is pretty awesome.
Couldn't figure out how to grip the caps with those tweezers.

I too was initially confused and unhappy with the tweezers and thought I would need to find an alternative, but after rereading the instruction sheet and seeing that they're meant to be formed by the end user, I bent them with pliers into the shape shown in my earlier post. The rough edges are still mildly displeasing, but at least they grip the cap firmly.

And as an update to that post: the QC Mini has held its place as my main home vape. It's wonderfully simple, effective, and easy to clean. I did eventually switch to a smaller torch. My Vapman torch wasn't working very well and felt a bit too small (over 30 s to heat was too long for me), so I sought out a new mid-sized one and found the Titan3 at Home Depot. This takes about 18-20 s for the first heatup, and unlike the Big Buddy, it's not so loud that I can't hear over it!

Last edited:

hotmeals

Serial vapist
after rereading the instruction sheet and seeing that they're meant to be formed by the end user, I bent them with pliers into the shape shown in my earlier post.
Aha, that makes sense. Now I'm wondering what instruction sheet you're talking about. I don't remember seeing one other than the usual small strip with the website on it

Edit:
The flavor coming out of the QC Mini is something else. Even this very mediocre bud tastes good and terpy, to a degree I don't think I've experienced with many other vapes. It produces instant, dense vapor that is very satisfying. It's already been receiving heavy preference here as well, and I think it will stay that way

Last edited:
hotmeals,
Reactions: friedrich

RogueGuy

Accessory Maker
@edflumnum @hotmeals whoops!! I must have just put in the video slip and not the instructions. They are easy to bend around the cap. I need to make a video. I wish i could get the tongs from the Elev8r but have never been able to find anything like it.

So I wasn't expecting these yet but they came today. I have tested it a few times and think my one worry that it might stick when hot has not happened. But Im not ready to release them yet. Other than the missing frosting on the joint the main difference is that the bowl is thicker glass and a slightly smaller bowl and is one piece. If anyone just bought in the drop today and want to check one of these out instead, I can switch it and give you a $5 discount.

BETA1-1.jpg

BETA1-2.jpg

Top Bottom