coolbreeze

With the sales going im looking to get my first dynavap. I plan to use it mostly with hash in my bubbler for now. I was thinking of buying the cap n coil kit and a bb6 stem if that would work well together.
Any big differences between omni, vs vong, vs m cap n coil kit and why i should go with one over the other?
I love the Vong, so I'd say get a Vong. Should be perfect for your purposes and will handle flower great as well. It pairs great with any M tip, the Helix, and the Hyper. The gorgeous dark cocobolo ones are one sale now for the first time, and they come with a matching stash. : )

coolbreeze,
Reactions: DRAG-0n

SmokeyDope

Herbal Engineer
The bb6 and kit combo would work really well for you if thats what you are thinking.

The omni is a premium standalone vape, the vong(I) is specifically meant for water pieces but can also be used standalone. Both the omni and vongi have mechanisms to adjust airflow. Vongi is also titanium

M7 is steel and the base m7 has no airflow adjustments. The m7 in the started kit bundle is the base m7. The m7xl with the mouthpiece and condenser that does have the ability to adjust airflow and is included in the roman candle bundle.

You really can't go wrong all the options are great. For the dynavap itself I would say the vongi fitscyour desired use case best but a fat mouthpiece tip can make any dynavap 14mm water piece compatable.

I tried shilling the wand pretty hard in your last post because I genuinely believe it makes the dynavap experience so much better than fucking around with torches especially with hash smoking. 90$ is as low as ive seenbit go and ive been checking almost every dyna sale this year. Really consider the roman candle bundle and a fat mouth piece the m7xl is really all a Dyna needs to be with adjustable airflow.

Last edited:

DRAG-0n

I tried shilling the wand pretty hard in your last post because I genuinely believe it makes the dynavap experience so much better than fucking around with torches especially with hash smoking. 90$ is as low as ive seenbit go and ive been checking almost every dyna sale this year. Really consider the roman candle bundle and a fat mouth piece the m7xl is really all a Dyna needs to be with adjustable airflow.
Dw you have been a lot of help, thank you. I was gonna order the dynavap first to make sure i liked it before ordering anything else. It will at least get me vaping some more hash for my bday next week. Now Ive got some research to do on the bakx as well.
Again thanks for the help dude

SmokeyDope

Herbal Engineer
Heres an unconventional vapcap I've put together.

IMG-20240628-000239-HDR.jpg

The stem is DDaves omega wand stainless steel, tip is m+, rubber bit is a dyna fat tip and the long 'pinner' mouthpiece is an old titanium concentrate taster I had lying around for years. There's a stainless steel basket inserted at the rubber piece side of the omega to catch anything.

When its not being used as a vapcap it gets used in the EQ desktop as a one hit extraction device.

IMG-20240628-001508-HDR.jpg

The pinner is my favorite part. I was inspired by trww to dig it out of storage and think of a way to attach as a mouthpiece. I already had the fat tip on so it was a natural continuation. After I realized it would work came the process of sanding off the oxide and wear from its torch taster days. Originally I shoved the pinner through the fat tip with the taper fully inside which didn't stick on well. Tonight I had another stroke of inspiration to put the pinners taper into the end of the fat tip after shoving fully onto the omega which worked much nicer.

If you want to know more I talked about the omega over at the extremeq sub like how I combined it with arizer air glass pieces.

Hope you got some entertainment from this!
:brow:

Last edited:

RedZep

Isn't the stem on the Hyperdyn redundant? There is no way it has the cooling capabilities for that tip. It will need a water piece or a Revolve won't it?

coolbreeze

Isn't the stem on the Hyperdyn redundant? There is no way it has the cooling capabilities for that tip. It will need a water piece or a Revolve won't it?
The front edge of the first hit is hot, after that the vapor's warm but not bad. I haven't had the stem get very hot because I'm always finished before a third heating.

You could think of it like an Anvil, its build acknowledges the heat involved by making it water-ready. I almost always go through water, but a j-hook is more than sufficient. The Revolve, I used my V1 and it cooled the vapor no problem, not a hint of discomfort, but the fin area got pretty hot, flavor was muted. A thick, dimpled glass cooling stem is pretty sufficient, too.

The tip/cap does get hot but it's much more like a Dynavap than an Anvil in that regard, it cools much faster.

DRAG-0n

Just got the dynavap and am a little unimpressed by it. Its easy enough to use and is probably great for a microdoser, but multiple heatings needed for any one bowl is annoying, especially with hash (which is the main reason for me using this unit*). Hoping a fmj will help at least get a hash bowl finished in just 2-3 heating cycles. What fmj do you find works best for you?

Last edited:
DRAG-0n,

coolbreeze

Just got the dynavap and am a little unimpressed by it. Its easy enough to use and is probably great for a microdoser, but multiple heatings needed for any one bowl is annoying, especially with hash (which is the main reason for me using this unit*). Hoping a fmj will help at least get a hash bowl finished in just 2-3 heating cycles. What fmj do you find works best for you?
Haven't tried the silver but the Armored Cap's pretty good. The copper FMJ works a little better for me though.

Shorner

Hyperdyn

coolbreeze

Any reason for the copper fmj over the armored cap? Faster heat up or better heat retention with one over the other?
Heat retention I think. It just seems to do a slightly better job. I use both, whichever's sitting here, it's just a preference. The FMJ does sort of require a dedicated captive cap. It's not easy to get on or off really, though you can, but it also reshapes the cap to round, requiring the indents to hold it on.

I think I have a silver one around here I can try afterwhile.

coolbreeze,

ezpz

Haven't tried the silver but the Armored Cap's pretty good. The copper FMJ works a little better for me though.
I actually prefer the Armored Cap over the fmj. They both work similarly well for single heat extraction. For me, it’s the aesthetics. Copper gets dingy really fast. AC never really needs cleaning (haven’t cleaned mine yet). I don’t have the silver one though.

ezpz,

SmokeyDope

Herbal Engineer
Some suggestions that may help you out:

First off you can make the hash balls smaller. The smaller the diameter of a hash ball the easier it will be to vape from my experience. Try to make the smallest hash dot that you think would give a reasonable hit. When I make some bubble soon I'll post pics of my dots. I make my dots by rolling hash balls into long thin logs and tearing off small pieces and rerolling into dots. If they turn out a little too small but vapes more fully you can add more dots or bump the size up little at a time to find right dose for you.

My second suggestion is ignoring the click a little or rather using it as a timing thing. Remember that hash requires more heat to vape than bud, and the click is dialed in for bud hits. Heat 10 extra seconds after the click and see if it works better.

The third suggestion is to upgrade your torch to a twin flame. I stopped using torches after the first month and never upgraded past a single flame but a stronger and more consistent twin flame may yield better results.

The whole point of armored cap and fmjs from whst zi understand is to add some extra thermal mass and heat retention around the oven. This means the device will take longer to heat up but it will be a more even and soaked heat that last long after you put the torch down. This is also where the material properties of steel and titanium come into play. A steel tip will have more thermal mass and heat retention than titanium tip. The m+ steel tip is really great for one hit extractions while the titanium tips are great for multiple hit terp chasing sessions.

If you went with the bb6 stem route the insulative properties of glass stem will help keep the heat in the oven. An all metal stem will leech heat from the oven much quicker.

The nice thing about the wand is that you can use the dynavap while it is still actively heating. I dont think many people have the balls to torch a Dyna while also hitting from it lol. This is how I hold mine while using it with the thumb covering carb. When its actively heating the whole time while also hitting it makes single session extractions a hell of a lot easier. just learn the timing of when it starts putting out vapor and ripping until its near combustion for bud or fully vaped for concentrates

Last edited:

Perfect_Speed4069

I am the beetle in a box that only you can see
Some suggestions that may help you out:

The whole point of armored cap and fmjs from whst zi understand is to add some extra thermal mass and heat retention around the oven. This means the device will take longer to heat up but it will be a more even and soaked heat that last long after you put the torch down. This is also where the material properties of steel and titanium come into play. A steel tip will have more thermal mass and heat retention than titanium tip. The m+ steel tip is really great for one hit extractions while the titanium tips are great for multiple hit terp chasing sessions.

All excellent advice,

Only thing I'd want to add to this excellent advice is to look into TRWWs Quartz Convection Caps for your Dynap tip. There's no click, so you need to go by the colour of the heated quartz (triple torch recommended, but a double or high-powered single will lower the learning curve/give you more control over unregulated heat)
With old-school hash, this gives really high sustained heat that allows multiple tokes of dense rich hash vapour - when you get your technique down and the temperature high but not too high.

I'd definitely want to put this through a WPA though, as the stem can really heat up. I bet the regular tip on a BB9 with the QCC would be fantastic.

If you're in the UK/EU and can't afford one from somewhere like RVS DM me an address and I'll send you one of my spares.

Edit, at the risk of stating the obvious, the quartz cap won't work in an IH because it's made of quartz.

SmokeyDope

Herbal Engineer
I love modifying these Red-Eye maze pipes to be vape stems. This time I bored out an SS Splif Stik to accept a dynavap tip. It's soooooo classy, and the stem shape keeps the hot tip off the surface of the table. Obviously, as with all these maze pipes, the vapor is super cool and never gets warm.

I really like that grinder can you tell more about it? Never heard of these maze pipes before but it looks really classy. Is it hard drawing out of it with the length and no carb?

Only thing I'd want to add to this excellent advice is to look into TRWWs Quartz Convection Caps for your Dynap tip. There's no click, so you need to go by the colour of the heated quartz (triple torch recommended, but a double or high-powered single will lower the learning curve/give you more control over unregulated heat)
With old-school hash, this gives really high sustained heat that allows multiple tokes of dense rich hash vapour - when you get your technique down and the temperature high but not too high.

I'd definitely want to put this through a WPA though, as the stem can really heat up. I bet the regular tip on a BB9 with the QCC would be fantastic.

If you're in the UK/EU and can't afford one from somewhere like RVS DM me an address and I'll send you one of my spares.

Edit, at the risk of stating the obvious, the quartz cap won't work in an IH because it's made of quartz.
Great suggestion I've been thinking about trying quartz caps. Theoretically while the quartz cap itself won't heat from an IH the metal tip still will. There might be an issue with the IH not sensing enough metal to get past its no load protection in which case you need to trick it by putting a metal nut in somewhere.

SmokeyDope,

maremaresing

I really like that grinder can you tell more about it? Never heard of these maze pipes before but it looks really classy. Is it hard drawing out of it with the length and no carb?

https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/old-mate-formerly-medgrind.53307/ It's the Aroma 3 from OMD. 100% worth the money. I love it, and it always delivers a perfect fluffy medium grind easily. It lives on my desk much of the time as a stress reliever/fidget toy.

I posted most recently in the quoted post below about red-eye. I also have an early post in the BFG Dani thread about making 9mm heads work with it and what orings to buy. I love these pipes as stems, because the maze sucks all of the heat out of the vapor in a compact size. And the stems are well made at a great price.

Get the Amazed Mini unless you feel like boring out the splif stik like I did. The splif stick and amazed mini have just fine airflow for the dyna tip. I find the herb packed in the load affects draw more than the vapor path.
I really like Red-Eye products for vape stems and stuff, because:

• safe materials (stainless steel/titanium)
  • reasonably priced
  • high quality machining
  • A compact cooling maze system wrapped around a chunk of metal that I've never been able to overpower
So when they released the mini, I immediately suspected it would be the perfect size for a dynavap tip. I bought the titanium one on 420 sales (with a bunch of other stuff), and OH EM GEE

Even though this is titanium and tiny, I find that it only starts to get warm towards the middle after two back to back heat cycles. The vapor remains cool, and you can still handle it easily. I'm sure the stainless steel version wouldn't get hot ever. [For some reference, I found the Revolve stem to get too hot to hold after a single cycle, and didn't think it cooled very well.]

The airpath is narrower than the full size amazed, which is expected to maintain the length, but it's not too restrictive. Perfect for getting good rips from my Ti Dynavap tip.

You'll need to pop 2 more dynvap tip size orings on, then "screw" the tip into the Amazed Mini. Kinda like how I did with the Dani Tip and the larger amazed. Once you do, it's snug and feels made for each other.

Red-Eye didn't pay me for this review, and I don't think they advertise ever at all, which is dumb. You can buy them here, and I encourage you to do so. https://red-eye.co.uk/shop/amazed-mini/

Oh and I've been waiting so long to do this....

DON'T TALK TO ME OR MY SON EVER AGAIN!

DRAG-0n

@SmokeyDope I will give it a try, thanks for the advice. Not ready to throw in the towel just yet but it might not be the device for me. Copper and SS simrell fmj on the way cuz they were on sale for $20 total. I used a rather small piece but the hash definitely needs a little more thermal mass to get a more consistent extraction. Crossing my fingers this time

Ps. the grinder ur talking about is the Old Mate aroma 3. I have one of the founders edition ones and it is crazy how well it shreds through buds. The standard is SS so it is very heavy but makes a great coffee table grinder. I am kicking myself for not buying the titanium edition when it was cheaper

Last edited:

RedZep

@coolbreeze How many heat cycles are you needing to fully extract in the Hyper? I presumed it would be like the old Dynas I used to use, but realised it might not be the case. If you heat lower on the cap, can you fully extract the bowl in a cycle or two?

RedZep,

El Duderino

The Dude abides.
My Helix Tip hasn't been getting the love it deserves lately. To change that, I treated it to a Perforated Cap. It arrived today, and visually, the Cap is a bit... unusual? The perforation seems pretty random (though I'm sure there are hundreds of years of research behind it) and the overall appearance is quite wild:

It's also interesting that the Perforated Cap looks quite different on the Dynavap website.

My digger outer is marked with the year 2023 - has the design been changed in recent months?

Well, whatever, who cares about appearances, it's the inner values that count - and that's where the Perforated Cap shines. The extra airflow is great and really makes a difference, especially in combination with the Helix Tip. I'm a fan of open airflow in general, and the Perforated Cap definitely delivers.

So yeah, I'm satisfied and confident that the Helix and I will be going on dates again more often. :brow:

Top Bottom