coolbreeze

I thought it might be like that. This perforated cap, did it increase airflow? I think that's the source of the restriction in DV's, the lack of holes in the cap.

Edit- If you manage to try it out on the Revolve later, could you perhaps post your opinion on how the airflow compares to your TA.
The perforated cap does increase airflow, especially with the Helix. I will do my best to post some thoughts afterwhile.

coolbreeze

Edit- If you manage to try it out on the Revolve later, could you perhaps post your opinion on how the airflow compares to your TA.
I've posted over int he Manual Vape thread so I can compare.

Fox

Wie fühlt sich der Luftstrom des Hyperdyn im Vergleich zum kleinen Dynavap an?

Fox,

coolbreeze

How does the airflow of the Hyperdyn feel compared to the small Dynavap?
Small like the B? The B seems to have a little more airflow than the M (19, 21, M7) when the airport is closed, and the Hyper is a bit more open than the B.

coolbreeze,
Reactions: LotV

Fox

Small like the B? The B seems to have a little more airflow than the M (19, 21, M7) when the airport is closed, and the Hyper is a bit more open than the B.
Ok, a little more precisely, my question. Is the inhalation of the vapor with the airport closed rather narrow or open? So something like the Anvil nice and open or do you have the feeling that you cramp up when pulling. The airflow at Dynavap has always been too narrow for me, which is a shame because I like the concept very much.

coolbreeze

Ok, a little more precisely, my question. Is the inhalation of the vapor with the airport closed rather narrow or open? So something like the Anvil nice and open or do you have the feeling that you cramp up when pulling. The airflow at Dynavap has always been too narrow for me, which is a shame because I like the concept very much.
Ok, compared to an Anvil (with the airport closed), the Anvil is a bit more open. With the airport open and restriction added by setting the condenser a little deeper than normal the Hyper feels very much like the Anvil. I reset the condenser to what should be the 'normal' depth (an mm or two into the tip) so that the Hyper is actually more open feeling than the Anvil. There are also settings that are even more open still.

Fox

Ok, compared to an Anvil (with the airport closed), the Anvil is a bit more open. With the airport open and restriction added by setting the condenser a little deeper than normal the Hyper feels very much like the Anvil. I reset the condenser to what should be the 'normal' depth (an mm or two into the tip) so that the Hyper is actually more open feeling than the Anvil. There are also settings that are even more open still.
Thank you very much, your explanation gives me a good picture.

SmokeyDope

Herbal Engineer
Hey all, any m7 owners here who can say how well does the new tip does of stopping heat from getting into the stem? How noticable is it really? Love the m+ but it can get hot to hold. Any suggestions on other ways to deal with it besides a new tip?

coolbreeze

Hey all, any m7 owners here who can say how well does the new tip does of stopping heat from getting into the stem? How noticable is it really? Love the m+ but it can get hot to hold. Any suggestions on other ways to deal with it besides a new tip?
Tired it. It's bedtime so I can't back-to-back them but I did do 3 heatings and the stem stayed cool. The top smooth part had a little heat but the textured area was great. My sense is that it does indeed stay cooler than with an M+ tip, ymmv.
IMG-8521.jpg

Edit: @SmokeyDope, i put the M+ tip back on and did 3 dry heatings, drawing the heated air through like normal each time. It's not bad but still noticeably warmer, especially that smooth collar.

These tips kind of compliment each other--one for big hits, one for extended hits. And that stem is probably the easiest shorty to handle of them all besides the Vong.

Last edited:

SmokeyDope

Herbal Engineer
Tired it. It's bedtime so I can't back-to-back them but I did do 3 heatings and the stem stayed cool. The top smooth part had a little heat but the textured area was great. My sense is that it does indeed stay cooler than with an M+ tip, ymmv.
IMG-8521.jpg
Great post coolbreeze, thank you!

TheThriftDrifter

Land of the long vapor cloud
Both wooden and glass stems stay cooler to the touch. :spliff:

Glass hulas on special.

Or glass and wood combined via aezhennwood over on Instagram.

coolbreeze

Both wooden and glass stems stay cooler to the touch. :spliff:

Glass hulas on special.

Or glass and wood combined via aezhennwood over on Instagram.
Hulas also cool the vapor way better than you'd think.

TheThriftDrifter

Land of the long vapor cloud
The XL spikey stem, from glass charlie has a carb.

All the BB range have carbs.

You can kinda do direct draw with no carb by keeping the stem off your lips slightly(to increase airflow) But generally, with no carb it's MTL. :spliff:

Last edited:

SmokeyDope

Herbal Engineer
Thanks for all the great suggestions. I actually have a bb6 and its awesome definitely the insulating properties of glass help keep it cool. If I get another glass stem it will be the straight tube one that let's you insert tip with m7xl mouthpiece and condenser. I actually got in touch with hookahheadmd this week to talk about their Dyna spoon pipes. There isnt much I miss about the combustion life but strangely ive been craving the form factor of a good old spoon pipe.

Tellus

Human (H. sapiens x H. neanderthalensis)
The XL spikey stem, from glass charlie has a carb.

All the BB range have carbs.

You can kinda do direct draw with no carb by keeping the stem off your lips slightly(to increase airflow) But generally, with no carb it's MTL. :spliff:
Thanks, will check those out too.
I'm not sure yet what I prefer I'm still changing between mtl & dtl. I like both so maybe a carb is best for me. But the hulas look nice & thick!

DRAG-0n

With the sales going im looking to get my first dynavap. I plan to use it mostly with hash in my bubbler for now. I was thinking of buying the cap n coil kit and a bb6 stem if that would work well together.
Any big differences between omni, vs vong, vs m cap n coil kit and why i should go with one over the other?

Top Bottom