budski

cantre member
Hyperdyn works fine w/V3Pro capsules!! They're very slightly smaller around and about 10% taller than the hyper dose cap, but the Ti cap still holds in place and I can remove the ccd and open up the airflow. happy I don't need to wait for them to drop since I already have v3p caps, I think hyper will grow on me. will buy a hyper perf cap as soon as they come out.
53845551801_a905495164_c.jpg

53845551811_bfe7e4ab3b_c.jpg
Hyperwynd the blue helix was meant to be, and hyperbowl no cap needed so big airflow

Last edited:

SmokeyDope

Herbal Engineer
I told drag_on I would share how to make hash dots when I finally got around to it. Today's the day, hopefully someone interested in smoking hash out the Dyna can learn a useful technique.

First step is ripping a small chunk off your main hash pile.

IMG-20240711-105529-HDR.jpg

Then you spin that chunk into a long thin log with your fingers

IMG-20240711-105700-HDR.jpg

Press it down and get it as thin as you reasonably can.

IMG-20240711-105832-HDR.jpg

After that rip the chunk into small 1/4 -1/2 inch pieces

IMG-20240711-105950-HDR.jpg

Finally reroll those tiny pieces into small balls.

IMG-20240711-110410.jpg

These dots are what I consider to be the smallest unit of measurement for hash, they will each provide a decently satisfying extraction in the Dyna and get fully used up after.

IMG-20240711-111959.jpg

IMG-20240711-112724.jpg

I stopped this extraction right before combustion but I easily could have ashed it if I wanted to. Hope this helped some of you out there! Have a good one :D

RedZep

Bit surprised to not see more Hyperdyn content. Are Dynavaps not popular anymore? Been out the loop for years.

RedZep,

coolbreeze

Bit surprised to not see more Hyperdyn content. Are Dynavaps not popular anymore? Been out the loop for years.
Yeah, it's quiet. Idk, maybe people who have not moved away are more or less satisfied. The past few have been really good: HyperDyn, M7, WoodWynd, M+, may as well include the B, and of course the Vong. I still use mine every day. I've been on a 19M kick lately because my Brute really agrees with those. The Hyper's an mfer so I use it a little more judiciously but it's a great way to get really ripped.

Cannabiker

I've been on a 19M kick lately
Me, too. Okay, it's just the stem, so it's a restomod 2019. It's sporting the M+ tip here, and I've just replaced that with an M7 tip after reading @StringTheorista express a strong preference for that tip over on Discord. On the half-bowl setting with the YLL IH at 35-40 watts, several seconds past the click, it's a single-hit, one-pull ripper, especially with the M7.

53844511621_9b0b21cfdc_c_d.jpg

Tellus

Human (H. sapiens x H. neanderthalensis)
I've almost been using exclusively dynavaps since getting them a few months ago. But I think reddit & discord get more dynavap content than here? Btw Hyperdyn looks great but my tolerance is way too low for it, i still use the half bowl setting

budski

cantre member
Same here, been swallowed by the dynaverse! mostly 1/2 bowl because more thorough extraction w/out the burnt popcorn. Avlp and Neo still make the rotation though. I use the hyper stem w/helix every day, I only use the hyperbowl with a capsule/hickory pipe when I want a sit down and chill sesh after the day's chores

I use this glass pipe with various different vapes, it also has a venturi effect on the bulbous mouthpiece. It is very cooling and I enjoy watching the vapor swirl! Same price bracket too

coolbreeze

Is the H2 glass piece that I just received an email about a new announcement? I hadn't seen it anywhere til just now.

Tbh this $35 glass is much more interesting to me than the HyperDyn.
I grabbed one. I have my doubts: tight vape through a system that requires openness, idk. I have one of the old TurboTwist stems with a similar system but it really just adds a bit of air as far as I can tell. I'll try the H2 with a perforated cap and see if it's open enough for the venturi to work.

Then I'll try it with the Hyper. ; )

Tellus

Human (H. sapiens x H. neanderthalensis)
Same
I grabbed one. I have my doubts: tight vape through a system that requires openness, idk.
I might get one too, hoping it is less harsh than standard stem+condenser. Btw I'm not sure but doesn't this benefit from dynavaps tight draw? It seems to build on the venturi effect, something about "a moving fluid speeds up as it flows through a constricted section (or choke) of a pipe" (wikipedia)

maremaresing

Is the H2 glass piece that I just received an email about a new announcement? I hadn't seen it anywhere til just now.

I've been using the Helix Taster with a dynavap tip for years, and it works fantastic. It's a natural choice for things like this, though currently I prefer using it with the V3Pro.

I'd expect first party American Helix to be even better than my grav version, but I also find the side hole size a big factor in experience. My full size 14mm Helix glass is way too airy, and the 14mm Helix ashcatcher to work perfectly and be a sweet spot for most vaporizers.

In short, this one will probably work very well.

coolbreeze

I've been using the Helix Taster with a dynavap tip for years, and it works fantastic. It's a natural choice for things like this, though currently I prefer using it with the V3Pro.

I'd expect first party American Helix to be even better than my grav version, but I also find the side hole size a big factor in experience. My full size 14mm Helix glass is way too airy, and the 14mm Helix ashcatcher to work perfectly and be a sweet spot for most vaporizers.

In short, this one will probably work very well.
Ah, the age-old problem, hole size...

Anyhow, I'm hopeful now that it'll work well!

Edit: New WoodScent's are live:
Lacewood_WoodScents_-_Ed_s_TnT.png
Amboyna_Burl_WoodScents_1Off_-_Ed_s_TnT.png

They're all 'cool kids' baller-builds, too. If you're looking for a way to kick some life into your DV experience, these are amazing. Excellent flavor, excellent production, and the efficiency makes a normal DV look wasteful. A different and in some ways better experience than an IH.

Last edited:
Has anyone ever come across a heater that can sit on top of a woodstove? An idea that comes is to drill an 10.5/11mm hole in a block of granite the depth of the cap. Preheat in the oven to 300c then sit on top of the stove for a session. Maybe it'll work...

bonghopper,

maremaresing

Have you been using this one ? https://grav.com/products/3-helix-chillum

Do you know if this one would fit a 8mm tip ? https://grav.com/products/14mm-helix-bowl-clear
It could be a nice WPA...
Yes, I've been using the helix chillum. I got the 14mm helix bowl and none of my dynavaps fit. I think with either it's just barely perfect and glass variance can cause the tip not to fit. For reference, my Ti tip works much better than my 2018 SS tip. Modern tips may be different.

The one dynavap sells might be worth the price premium to be sure that it fits the tip.

coolbreeze

Has anyone ever come across a heater that can sit on top of a woodstove? An idea that comes is to drill an 10.5/11mm hole in a block of granite the depth of the cap. Preheat in the oven to 300c then sit on top of the stove for a session. Maybe it'll work...
Yep, this legendary thing, unfortunately not still available:
il_fullxfull.79163780.jpg

I'ts got a large hollow area you blast your torch into, OR you can set it on its flat side on the stove.

I would love to see one of our glassblowers remake this thing!

Yep, this legendary thing, unfortunately not still available:
il_fullxfull.79163780.jpg

I'ts got a large hollow area you blast your torch into, OR you can set it on its flat side on the stove.

I would love to see one of our glassblowers remake this thing!
What a beast! I have the Elev8r, my most frequently used vape, looks similar, but smaller bowl maybe, and that'll heat up enough on a woodstove? They 14 or 18mm joints on that thing? Had a go with the 11mm hole in a block of granite, preheated in the oven to 300c then sat it on the woodstove top, got some clicks and vapour! But - the heat travels too far up the stem, warming the stem too much and heating up the reclaim affecting flavour - takes too long to heat. Maybe if I make the hole shallower and put the granite on its side at the edge of the stove... Has got me thinking about a way to heat the elev8r, I had ruled it out as it needs a big torch.. May work better with something smaller like the new tempest... Where's there's a will there's a way...

budski

cantre member
After more testing with the Hyperdyn, I feel like it's using twice as much herb to get slightly more effects,; I can get 3 helix 1/2 bowls and get 6 small but very tasty hits, or the same amount in 1 hyper bowl for 2-3 big nice hits but not as tasty as all 6 of the helix hits. The hyper dose cap uses about 1/2 the amount of a hyper bowl and get me 2 big hits, very well roasted, the extra fiddling w/dose caps is hardly worth it unless your trying to keep the bowl clean, (the avlp caps are so much easier reload), in short, I love the look of the hyperbowl but don't need it, gonna sell it and keep the mp/stem.

budski,
After more testing with the Hyperdyn, I feel like it's using twice as much herb to get slightly more effects,; I can get 3 helix 1/2 bowls and get 6 small but very tasty hits, or the same amount in 1 hyper bowl for 2-3 big nice hits but not as tasty as all 6 of the helix hits. The hyper dose cap uses about 1/2 the amount of a hyper bowl and get me 2 big hits, very well roasted, the extra fiddling w/dose caps is hardly worth it unless your trying to keep the bowl clean, (the avlp caps are so much easier reload), in short, I love the look of the hyperbowl but don't need it, gonna sell it and keep the mp/stem.
I was hoping to get a bowl and cap only, waiting for them to release it, do you have takers already, how much you selling for?

bonghopper,

budski

cantre member
haven't decided whether to do an auction yet, I'm expecting them to be well over a hundred for the tip/cap when they drop. I love the stem w/blue helix, so won't give that up.

budski,
Top Bottom