TheThriftDrifter

Land of the long vapor cloud
w00t!
IMG-8368.jpg

Got me so ripped I reviewed it here for some reason. Cheers!

Nice review! Thanks CB.

Farid

I've started using my dynavap very differently than I ever had in the past. I'm a very light user, and I had been using just barely enough flower to cover the CCD - a truly miniscule amount.

Now I've switched to using rosin - but a similarly miniscule quantity. I take my dabber, smear a tiny bit of rosin on the end, then I take an empty dynavap (no dynacoil or wicking material), warm the tip with a lighter for a second, then wipe the dabber off directly on the wall of the tip.

It's such a small quantity that you don't have to worry about wicking it, dripping into the condenser, and the usual considerations that you have when using a normal quantity of oil.

The result is a tiny whisp of vapor, with similar effects to using barely any bud. But it leaves no smell, and the dynavap stays perfectly clean for months on end. At this rate, doing it once daily I'd expect a single gram of rosin to last at least a year - likely more.

RiskyRaccoon

I noticed during this painfully long video about the Hyperdyn that the CEO addressed whether it was induction heater compatible, at about 37 min:

This is the second time in the video that Pete asks him about induction heaters, and it is nice to see that it is compatible. But it's only the heat disc that is compatible, and it's clear that this isn't ideal because George quickly segues into explaining that there will be different designs down the road that are better suited for induction use. I think if you're hitting it while it is inducting it could do decently well, but it seems like there's a lot of thermal stress on the shoulders of a very small disc so it could maybe lead to early failure of the click, and possibly degradation of the steel in ways that would be a health risk.

Still, It's nice to see a titanium cap, but ideally it would have a steel core. I think the issue with a steel core is that it will expand and contract differently than the surrounding titanium, on top of being difficult to manufacture, but maybe we'll see that down the road?

coolbreeze

I noticed during this painfully long video about the Hyperdyn that the CEO addressed whether it was induction heater compatible, at about 37 min:

This is the second time in the video that Pete asks him about induction heaters, and it is nice to see that it is compatible. But it's only the heat disc that is compatible, and it's clear that this isn't ideal because George quickly segues into explaining that there will be different designs down the road that are better suited for induction use. I think if you're hitting it while it is inducting it could do decently well, but it seems like there's a lot of thermal stress on the shoulders of a very small disc so it could maybe lead to early failure of the click, and possibly degradation of the steel in ways that would be a health risk.

Still, It's nice to see a titanium cap, but ideally it would have a steel core. I think the issue with a steel core is that it will expand and contract differently than the surrounding titanium, on top of being difficult to manufacture, but maybe we'll see that down the road?
Interesting. It works well with the Inductor; in my attempts it seemed to heat it fairly aggressively, it was pretty dark at the clicks. Totally doable though. I wonder if it was heating the discs and then that heated the Ti? I held the core closer to the indents than the clickers.

Anyhow, I'm mostly unable to capture it but the coating, like other recent treatments, sometimes shows eggplant-colored highlights. Pretty groovy.
IMG-8430.jpg

Oh! And it fits the Scruffywoofers cooling stand for the TA1.

EDIT: I just tried it again with the Inductor at 25.2 and the core halfway up the cap and got two very nice, even roasts from it.

Whatever it's other attributes, I think this vape is very forgiving, flavorful, and it delivers the full load of goodies without it seeming like a dare.

Last edited:

TheThriftDrifter

Land of the long vapor cloud
I don't fully understand the hyperdyn being released as a founders edition. Seems as developed/finished as any other dynavap release and doesn't have significantly different/new features apart from the jumbo bowl size.

Looks like a beast though. :spliff:

TheThriftDrifter,
Reactions: Octavia

coolbreeze

I don't fully understand the hyperdyn being released as a founders edition. Seems as developed/finished as any other dynavap release and doesn't have significantly different/new features apart from the jumbo bowl size.

Looks like a beast though. :spliff:
Someone speculated they were gauging interest given the price, maybe that was it? It seemed to sell out pretty quickly. Anyhow, besides the price I think it'll be well-received. It works pretty well, the stem's nice and surprisingly light. I think if you are a potential OmniVong customer who likes big bowls the price works. Otherwise the tip and cap will be great with WPAs or glass cooling stems, etc.

coolbreeze

How does the fully closed/covered hyperdyn airflow compare to other dynavap models?

Please n thanks. :D
I would say of the ones in the pic it's the most open except for the Helix/Perf Cap. Not hugely, but noticeably. I tried it against a Vong tip and that seems the most similar to me. It's goes pretty good through water and you can do slow/med DTLs with it fully closed. I've tightened the condenser up just a little to compensate for the size of the airport and airflow's reasonably comfortable for DTLs. There's enough vapor coming through that you could probably open the intake a little and just rip away.
IMG-8346.jpg

With a slightly different lineup it went from tight to loose: 21Omni>21Vong>HyperDyn>Helix/PC.

Edit: Just noticed they have the capsules in the store for sale on the 27th, a 5-pack for $20.

Last edited:

Farid

With a regular Dynavap one can hit it, and by the time the cool down click happens the cap is cool enough to remove with your fingers.

Is that still the case with the HyperDyn?

Farid,

coolbreeze

With a regular Dynavap one can hit it, and by the time the cool down click happens the cap is cool enough to remove with your fingers.

Is that still the case with the HyperDyn?
No. I've been using a leather band to check the roast. It's hot right after a hit but it cools down way faster than the Armored cap, I'd guess. I can try and time it later.

coolbreeze,
Reactions: Farid

jbm

Just got #127 yesterday. Do you follow the usual pre-use cleaning protocol? I.E. dunk all save cap in iso, rinse in hot/soapy water, dry?

coolbreeze

No, busy day here today, will probably get to it tomorrow. Glad it’s working for you! What are you heating with?
Just a pocket Eagle or Honest. Used the Inductor a few times, that works well too. It's like torching any other, really, it just makes enough vapor to knock over a moose.

RedZep

@coolbreeze What is the airflow like when you put it on a WPA?

Ive been using the Tempest as my main driver for about 7 months now. I recently pulled out an old Dynavap tip/cap and put it on a WPA and j-hook, just for old times sake. I was struck by how restricted the airflow was, even without a condensor tube.

I would be interested in getting the new large tip and cap to try on the Tempest stem. I'm just worried airflow would be too restricted compared to what I'm now used to.

EDIT - Changed wording "poor airflow" to "restricted airflow" as this value being poor is my subjectivity.

Last edited:

coolbreeze

@coolbreeze What is the airflow like when you put it on a WPA?

Ive been using the Tempest as my main driver for about 7 months now. I recently pulled out an old Dynavap tip/cap and put it on a WPA and j-hook, just for old times sake. I was struck by how restricted the airflow was, even without a condensor tube.

I would be interested in getting the new large tip and cap to try on the Tempest stem. I'm just worried airflow would be too restricted compared to what I'm now used to.

EDIT - Changed wording "poor airflow" to "restricted airflow" as this value being poor is my subjectivity.
I think you would probably feel it. It's much tighter than a TA. It feels more like a Vong than a Helix/perf cap. On a Tempest stem though it would still have an airport so it might feel ok, just tighter?

I just stuck it on my Revolve v1 and airflow seems pretty comfortable,. I can try it later and see how it feels.

RedZep

I think you would probably feel it. It's much tighter than a TA. It feels more like a Vong than a Helix/perf cap. On a Tempest stem though it would still have an airport so it might feel ok, just tighter?

I just stuck it on my Revolve v1 and airflow seems pretty comfortable,. I can try it later and see how it feels.
I thought it might be like that. This perforated cap, did it increase airflow? I think that's the source of the restriction in DV's, the lack of holes in the cap.

Edit- If you manage to try it out on the Revolve later, could you perhaps post your opinion on how the airflow compares to your TA.

Top Bottom