• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

GoldenBud

Haha milk makes you cough?
Damned, I gotta stop eating pints of ice cream.

Ouch on Ouch. I wish I had some ben & jerry's now. luckily me, still have the VapCap for the minimal but steady side effects of the COVID19's vaccination. steady minimal headache and irritation on the skin abit, but it will go away I suppose?

whole nug works p e r f e c t

Last edited:

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Yeah, I've tried many vapes at many temps. The much cooler temp of my Simrell, even through water, isn't less irritating than a straight-up M. I think it's just something inherent to THC. I think it's the THC because I've really felt it using vape pens that are nearly pure THC distillate. It's really not a problem. I don't let it slow me down; I just take careful hits.

I cough on every hit, every device, super clean, water/dry, low/high temps, conduction/convection, every type of material flower to dabs to oil, since my first joint hit as a teen. Not posting this for suggestions, I’ve tried them all. While I’m sure there are many different reasons for coughing and phlegm, I’m finally resigned to accepting I’m ALLERGIC to weed and it’s many ingredients. Not enough yet, to stop, but I do have to limit my draw times. Certainly worth trying all the tips you can, solves the issues for some.

notams

toke down Babylon
@Cannabiker I'm not good at posting links or how to do searches and all. But in this thread. There's a best of. Search for @Squiby (moment of silence). She had a great detailed description of mouth pulls specific to vapcaps. That was my number one help in reducing throat irritation.

That. In addition to low temp caps is the main thing. In the same area (best of, squidby) there's a post about using degummed hemp fiber to make little wafer filters to put behind the ccd. I use them. Works great. And you can vape the used filter afterwards. It filters out some particulates. The temps dont bother me, the dust does.

Also, I never once smoked ever. Not once ever. Cigarettes or cannabis. So, I don't know if that helps or not. And I'm conflicted on whether that gives me more or less cred to fuck combustion.

stark1

Lonesome Planet
,Ouch on Ouch. I wish I had some ben & jerry's now. luckily me, still have the VapCap for the minimal but steady side effects of the COVID19's vaccination. steady minimal headache and irritation on the skin abit, but it will go away I suppose?

whole nug works p e r f e c t

If you are in Mass, I am told the 2nd (Moderna) shot is the kicker, lasting a day, or two.
Take ibuprofen/aspirin, and wear loose clothing.

A nug, or a THC pill 💊 may help bypass the throat irritation
In the interim.

:tup:Congrats on your 1st shot! 🤗

Last edited:

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
THC in inherently a throat irritant. It takes more or less amounts for each unique individual to experience enough irritation to notice it. But anyone will experience some level of throat irritation if inhaling enough THC.
I think it was you that told me, sorry if it wasn’t, that mixing in CBD flower or CBD isolate with your regular herbs will minimize the allergic effects of THC. THC can really irritate my systems. I don’t know the science behind this but when irritation is bad this technique really helps.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I think it was you that told me, sorry if it wasn’t, that mixing in CBD flower or CBD isolate with your regular herbs will minimize the allergic effects of THC. THC can really irritate my systems. I don’t know the science behind this but when irritation is bad this technique really helps.

That's funny, a bunch of people in the CBD thread were just talking about how they find CBD harsh by itself and mix in THC rich herb for smoother hits! 🤔🤔

The Stray Fox

Separated from the group
That's funny, a bunch of people in the CBD thread were just talking about how they find CBD harsh by itself and mix in THC rich herb for smoother hits! 🤔🤔
:shrug: Haha! That doesn’t make sense to me. Who the F knows? I find CBD to be way less irritating. Harshness and irritation are two different qualities in my book. Maybe CBD is harsh but the after effects are minimal for me. With THC I can experience lasting after effects like throat tightness, increased phlegm production, and a burning feeling in the lungs.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I’m a big fan of the 1:1 THC:CBD strains myself
I like to add cbd isolate sometimes to balance out the high, but I don't notice a difference in irritation from cbd vs thc products.

I find more irritation in the latter hits of a bowl, at least with a vapcap. I tend to vape concentrates and will try to vape it until most of the sticky concentrate is gone from the cotton I use. I wonder if there is a break-even point when vaping concentrates this way, where there is some reclaim left but the harshness of it makes it worthwhile to toss it early and start fresh.

I notice a similar effect with flower where is is mid-brown and can still be taken further to a darker abv, but the hits start getting hotter and less enjoyable. Perhaps it has more to do with the tip getting hotter with each cycle?

notams

toke down Babylon
Never really occurred to me that an individual could be allergic to cannabis or a component of it. That makes so much more sense than vapor being "too hot" - which is what I thought was happening.

I can't even imagine the discomfort it would cause my throat to crush, heat up, and inhale an allergic irritant. Damn, that sucks. Sorry guys.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I notice a similar effect with flower where is is mid-brown and can still be taken further to a darker abv, but the hits start getting hotter and less enjoyable

I find there are two distinct types of dry herb users: those who are gonna squeeze out every last drop, and those who are going to "waste" a bit of their herb to get better vapor quality.

IMHO, a lot of what makes dry herb vaping awesome is obfuscated by going after every last drop. There are still goodies there, yes; but to get to them, you have to start inhaling some of the very same compounds we are specifically vaping to avoid! 🤔

I’m a big fan of the 1:1 THC:CBD strains myself
Best 1:1 I ever had, by far - Dr. Greenshock by Greenshock Farms
Had a very unique and enjoyable flavor, citrus, floral, earthy; and the best effects of any CBD rich variant I've personally tried.

Cannabiker

I cough on every hit, every device, super clean, water/dry, low/high temps, conduction/convection, every type of material flower to dabs to oil, since my first joint hit as a teen. Not posting this for suggestions, I’ve tried them all. While I’m sure there are many different reasons for coughing and phlegm, I’m finally resigned to accepting I’m ALLERGIC to weed and it’s many ingredients. Not enough yet, to stop, but I do have to limit my draw times. Certainly worth trying all the tips you can, solves the issues for some.
Yes, this ^^^. When I wrote "I'd love to know your secret" regarding cough-free vaping, it was basically rhetorical. I don't actually believe there is a secret.

Still, I really appreciate all of the advice. I read it all eagerly, hoping maybe there is some tip that would help. But, like I said, I've been doing this for forty years, and about fifteen of those have been vaping. The last several years have been vaping exclusively. Along the way I've tried innumerable tools and techniques in pursuit of the best effects.

Yes, I clean my tools regularly. That's important for taste and efficiency, but it doesn't do much for harshness. I've also tried many temps, but heat doesn't seem to be the cause. Any temp hot enough to extract will cause irritation. Plus, I'm trying to get high, and I like full extraction (former combuster here) so heat is necessary. CBD strains are a little less harsh for me, but the last sentence applies here. I'm not closing the books on this topic; maybe someone will identify some obscure terpene that's been the problem all along, but I doubt it.

Ultimately, I think it is just irritating for many people. I don't know if it rises to the level of allergy. I'm not experiencing other symptoms of an allergic reaction, and I don't think I need to start carrying an epi-pen. Plus, weed has anti-histamine and anti-inflammatory properties, so allergic responses aren't common.

My original response was to the suggestion that Troy's coughing is a reason to question his validity as a reviewer. I can tell you from experience that many of us with deep cannabis love and credentials still cough.

And I'm sorry to have dragged this off-topic. Have I mentioned how much I'm loving my ti-tipped Simrell lately?

Last edited:

notams

toke down Babylon
And I'm sorry to have dragged this off-topic. Have I mentioned how much I'm loving my ti-tipped Simrell lately?
That wasn't off topic. I think it's a topic not discussed enough. We vape to avoid the risks / issues of smoke. We use DV to get the best possible experience. If there is a way to do that with less irritation, that's a valuable discussion.

I agree, the word "allergic" may be too strong. But, the idea that the cannabis itself is the source of the cough is a new angle for me to see things from. So, thanks for dragging us off-topic.

And I prefer Ti tips w/ my Simrell and SS with my M.

Vaporware

I find there are two distinct types of dry herb users: those who are gonna squeeze out every last drop, and those who are going to "waste" a bit of their herb to get better vapor quality.

IMHO, a lot of what makes dry herb vaping awesome is obfuscated by going after every last drop. There are still goodies there, yes; but to get to them, you have to start inhaling some of the very same compounds we are specifically vaping to avoid! 🤔

I started using AVB for topicals and I far prefer that to trying to vaporize every bit (which like you said leads to some less desirable hits). It still gets used, so I don’t feel bad about stopping “early”. I’d probably stop anyway just to avoid inhaling more of those compounds though.

The effects of starting a session with mostly-used flower never seem to be good to me either. Maybe a little relaxing and heavy with an unpleasant taste, but not much else.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017

I don't think it was me. Though I have dabbed CBD isolate after my normal cannabis flower hits because it can balance out the THC, and add some extra relaxation. I don't know that it's any less irritating to the throat or not.

passenger

is this thing on?
So after some years of nearly Dynavap only I went astray here and there over the last year. And while I think it is good to diversify the way of vaporizing for several reasons I made the observation that when I need a very exact dosing, I'm always reaching for the Vapcap first. It's so reliable, fast to use and easy to clean... that I really will never agree to posts who classify it as entry level... It's a top tier portable device and affordable. ☮️

Top Bottom