Morty

I've had my new NonaVong a couple weeks now. I went from, "I think I might sell it", to "I need to get an IH!", to finally, "I think I'll just get a low temp cap". :lol: :mental:

I still feel the '20 M is leagues smoother w/ larger bowls than the Ti tip, but w/ tiny loads, the Ti tip def outshines the SS '20 M.

The last couple of days I've been playin' limbo w/ it, trying to see how low I can go. Started w/ just barely covering the screen (w/ the screen in the groove closest to the tip), to covering half the screen then half of that. Literally fuck all. So... is there any other vape out there can produce these clouds from such tiny, microscopic amounts? Like < 0.01 territory? I know the obvious answer is a log vape, but the VC's conduction certainly seems to help obliterate these tiny ass amounts super efficiently.

The other reason I ask is b/c most of all the log videos and pics I've seen, they claim some super small amount (0.02, 0.03, etc.) and then the resultant AVB is enough to fill up half a VC bowl or more! :hmm: I know they're kick ass for small loads (0.01 - 0.05 +), but for vaping a speck of dust, is the VC Ti tip the best out there?

TiSteamo

VAPEnsiero... sull'ali dorate...
@RustyOldNail

Cannabis is bronchodilator and expectorant: the "cough" that often follows from smoking
good quality cannabis (especially pure, not mixed with tobacco) does not indicate a negative action of the
substance: on the contrary, with the cough our body tries to expel foreign substances
(tar-powders, etc.).

The cleansing action of cannabis can be seen from the observation of
lungs of those who smoke the pure substance (who will need to cough much less) than above all
lungs of a tobacco-only smoker: the cannabis user will more easily have the breathing ways
clean, compared to the smoker.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I really will never agree to posts who classify it as entry level... It's a top tier portable device

Entry level means that it's convenient and easy to use. It doesn't that it's not a top-tier vape.

One of the many reasons that it's a great entry level vape IS precisely because it's a top tier vape that is simple, easy to master, and efficient.

Last edited:

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
@Morty

I only have experience with the Woodscents so maybe take this with a grain of salt.

I havenā€™t weighed my bowls, but I have a scale maybe I should ĀÆ\_(惄)_/ĀÆ. Iā€™ve never gotten a bowl in my dynavap or Woodscents that I can clear in one go, but I like small amounts and I think that would taste better than just leaving bud in a stem until I get back to it so itā€™s something I want to work on. If you have a method that works for you to get the amount in you want with your DV, one of the stem options on the WS is a dynavapā€”it comes with a ti tip but Iā€™ve seen folks in the WS thread claim to use the m stainless tip (not sure the yearā€”in theory it shouldnā€™t matter but Iā€™ve seen concerns about DV having less than stellar manufacturing precision and accuracy. My ti tip was a bit too snug, but Ed, the maker, is taking care of me in that regard). I canā€™t see any reason you couldnā€™t pack the same amount and heat it with the WS.

When my tip gets back Iā€™ll have to give a small amount with the screen in the last position a go. How much of a difference do you think there is between the ti and ss tips for small load scenarios minus the smallest screen? The WS includes a vapcap to also have a wooden stemmed DV. I havenā€™t had any problems but I do some things outdoors where I could see myself landing on it and maybe breaking the stem if itā€™s not in a stash or other case. Iā€™ve thought about buying a metal bodied dv as my dedicated/indestructible portable for those scenarios, but given I have the WS and an otherwise great stem the omniā€™s price is tough to swallow so I was thinking about getting an m if thereā€™s a good 420 sale (also the rosium looks rad!). Just curious if itā€™s a big difference or something youā€™d have to be looking for.

Ramahs

@Morty

I only have experience with the Woodscents so maybe take this with a grain of salt.

I havenā€™t weighed my bowls, but I have a scale maybe I should ĀÆ\_(惄)_/ĀÆ. Iā€™ve never gotten a bowl in my dynavap or Woodscents that I can clear in one go, but I like small amounts and I think that would taste better than just leaving bud in a stem until I get back to it so itā€™s something I want to work on. If you have a method that works for you to get the amount in you want with your DV, one of the stem options on the WS is a dynavapā€”it comes with a ti tip but Iā€™ve seen folks in the WS thread claim to use the m stainless tip (not sure the yearā€”in theory it shouldnā€™t matter but Iā€™ve seen concerns about DV having less than stellar manufacturing precision and accuracy. My ti tip was a bit too snug, but Ed, the maker, is taking care of me in that regard). I canā€™t see any reason you couldnā€™t pack the same amount and heat it with the WS.

When my tip gets back Iā€™ll have to give a small amount with the screen in the last position a go. How much of a difference do you think there is between the ti and ss tips for small load scenarios minus the smallest screen? The WS includes a vapcap to also have a wooden stemmed DV. I havenā€™t had any problems but I do some things outdoors where I could see myself landing on it and maybe breaking the stem if itā€™s not in a stash or other case. Iā€™ve thought about buying a metal bodied dv as my dedicated/indestructible portable for those scenarios, but given I have the WS and an otherwise great stem the omniā€™s price is tough to swallow so I was thinking about getting an m if thereā€™s a good 420 sale (also the rosium looks rad!). Just curious if itā€™s a big difference or something youā€™d have to be looking for.

You'll find differences between the SS and Ti tips when using them with a Vapcap. However, as long as they fit, I doubt that you will experience much difference between the two when used with the Woodscents log.

TheThriftDrifter

Land of the long vapor cloud
Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I DIYed a couple of alcohol burners out of used soda cans, they worked well, but I couldn't get them to seal and the alcohol would evaporate off when not in use. So I bought one off smellyexpress.

Works well and holds its alcohol.

View attachment 5983

When you find out your wifes kanji back tat that she swore meant "peace and love," actually means "wide and deep" šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

So... is there any other vape out there can produce these clouds from such tiny, microscopic amounts? Like < 0.01 territory? I know the obvious answer is a log vape, but the VC's conduction certainly seems to help obliterate these tiny ass amounts super effic

If you really think about how they work, the Vapcap actually is a miniature log vape; I figured this out a few months ago, blew my mind. This is the reason they are so popular!

Ramahs

TheThriftDrifter

Where does one find wicks for this sort of lamp?

Its braided cotton 0.4 - 0.5 mm thick. I imagine you can get it on Amazon, ebay etc. or your local knitting/crafting supply store.
In the my DIY burners I just used a bit of a cotton ball/wad that I teased out and rolled into a a wick like approximate. It actually burned better/cleaner than the bought ones.

Planck

believes in Dog
Where does one find wicks for this sort of lamp?
An unrolled cotton ball works great, rayon even better, unwaxed cotton string even a rolled piece of cotton fabric will do the job. You can find stuff sold as wicks online.
Is this just for funzies/the laboratory look at home?
It's all I've used for ages, best vapcap heater ever for me.
Works well and holds its alcohol.
Well that's more than I can claim. :lol:
Congrats TD, I hope you find it as satisfying in use as I do!

Morty

If you really think about how they work, the Vapcap actually is a miniature log vape; I figured this out a few months ago, blew my mind. This is the reason they are so popular!

Totally. Been thinking about getting another vape for microdoses this 420. Vapman looks cool but not looking for another conduction device. Want the opposite really. A plug in convection desktop to compliment the VC's and help change up the signature a bit. Kinda torn between getting an UD/WS or NV WE.

Even been toying w/ the idea of getting an Air 2 for when session length is priority #1. I know how much you loved your OG Air. :haw:

TheThriftDrifter

If you really think about how they work, the Vapcap actually is a miniature log vape;

Never thought this, would have I. The truth revealed. Vapor master indeed you are. :spliff:

I hope you find it as satisfying in use as I do!

Been using it for two weeks straight and I have to concur with the delegate known as Planck.
Its quiet, cheap, as fast as a torch and one handed operation at the vape station aka the coffee table. :brow:
I'm very pleased to join the alcohol club. :cheers:

Cannabiker

Okay, I've really thought about it, and I'm not seeing the comparison. The Dynavap is a bowl and stem which require an external heat source to create a mostly-conduction experience, while a log vape is an external heat source which requires a bowl and stem to deliver a pure convection hit. The only similarity I see is that the Dynavap cools (somewhat) between hits, more like a convection vape.

Right the moment my two favorite vapes are my Simrell and my Underdog, so the comparison is real life for me. A big part of the reason I like using these two is for variety, because I find them so very different.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Okay, I've really thought about it, and I'm not seeing the comparison. The Dynavap is a bowl and stem which require an external heat source to create a mostly-conduction experience, while a log vape is an external heat source which requires a bowl and stem to deliver a pure convection hit. The only similarity I see is that the Dynavap cools (somewhat) between hits, more like a convection vape.

Right the moment my two favorite vapes are my Simrell and my Underdog, so the comparison is real life for me. A big part of the reason I like using these two is for variety, because I find them so very different.

The log vape is the original hybrid vaporizer (look up Eterra)
Yes, the dynamics are reversed and there is much less convection here, but you have to factor in the portable vaporizer design limitations of what is essentially a stem, with a built in heat exchanger. Instead of attaching the stem to the heater during a draw, the stem itself is heated enough to store sufficient energy for an inhalation. The convection element of a dynavap is nearly identical to how the air is heated on a log vape: air warms as it is channeled in between two hot metal surfaces, making a hard 180 degree turn, and then passing through the herb. It doesn't make up the majority of the heat transfer in a dynavap because of size limitations and due to the bi metallic disc temperature indicating clicker; so it's not designed to get that hot - part of designing something pocketable versus a plugin. You would want more mass for more convection, but that would take longer to cool down which affects the pocketability. And it would be harder to get to the herb to load a new bowl with more convection. I'm not saying there are no differences between the two - there certainly are some inherent ones, but the usage style is very similar to a log, extremely efficient at small loads, dense hits, quickly vaped. One could say the dynavap is closer to a one hitter, but before the dynavap existed, the main vape equivalent for former one hitter users was the log vaporizer. The original log vape design is older than the volcano!

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
šŸ˜² Dude, you took me down Memory Lane!

First, the Eterra, then came the Eretta Tulip, by Lightwell.

My first (corded) vape, the Tulipā€” note the stem.

I believe @Stu may still have one-we have evolved a long way, since! :spliff:

Good old days :))! Haha just checkout this hillarous battery pack 10 x AA batteries.
1613901888744.png
------------------------------
Just found out these ,i like the name :)) https://www.funkycatenterprises.com/
4652ee_da6222c554ed49c0bcc04ff3b86d0bd6~mv2.jpg
4652ee_4b880bf1370446be8340238481741467~mv2.jpg

And here is some eye-candy that poped on my image search , no idea who is the artist.

c9gfxs7xfci61.jpg

Last edited:

notams

toke down Babylon
+1 on the alcohol lamp. My primary and favorite heating method. I made this one with a mason jar. I put a lid 'ring' thing upside down to make a nice ridge that I can roll the vapcap on rather than trying to hold it in space.

I got my wick from Amazon, a company called Dan's Daughters it's 1/4" and 5 feet long $7. It's the perfect wick for a fat flame. I use 91% iso. Smokeless, odorless, cheap, quiet, meditative. Yeah, alcohol lamps are super chill and easy.

Also, don't believe it'll discolor caps or leave soot. It doesn't. Bury the cap in the blue flame. If someone says that using an alcohol lamp makes their cap dirty they are using the lamp wrong.

natural farmer

+1 on the alcohol lamp. My primary and favorite heating method. I made this one with a mason jar. I put a lid 'ring' thing upside down to make a nice ridge that I can roll the vapcap on rather than trying to hold it in space.

I got my wick from Amazon, a company called Dan's Daughters it's 1/4" and 5 feet long $7. It's the perfect wick for a fat flame. I use 91% iso. Smokeless, odorless, cheap, quiet, meditative. Yeah, alcohol lamps are super chill and easy.

Also, don't believe it'll discolor caps or leave soot. It doesn't. Bury the cap in the blue flame. If someone says that using an alcohol lamp makes their cap dirty they are using the lamp wrong.

Nice lamp!
You think ISO is the best option? Will 99.9% work the same?

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Buffalo Ny Disney GIF by Daemen College

Have a bottle of unopened ā€œGravesā€ 75% grain alcohol, thought about making one of those nifty lamps.

Decided against it: ā€”Prolly get the Fire/Police Departments pissed off, with my luck. Haha

:bang:ā€œHonest, offiser, didnt know I was making a molotov cocktail, haha!ā€

It would seem safer to use less volatile oil

stark1,

Vaporware

You may also find ā€œdenatured alcoholā€ at a hardware store or similar place, and itā€™s another option. Iā€™d probably go with whichever you can get cheapest, but I think it does need to be fairly pure alcohol of some kind.

Top Bottom