• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
Hi guys,

I have somewhere read "double crown" for a vapcap. What exactly does that mean?

I just thought I became familiar with the names of the different models...

I know tip, cap. maybe body or stem. But what is the crown?

thanks for enlighten me :)

Crowns are the metal bands around the ends of most VapCap wooden stems.
They exist to help avoid splitting of the stems when the tip or condenser is pushed into it.

A double crown means the there are bands around both ends.
Single crown only has a single metal band fitted (usually at the tip end of the stem)

u bwade wunner

Good Morning Everyone.I hope You are all well.

I took a trip to the UK and Ireland recently to catch up with family and visit my homeland as a tourist,which I never really did when I lived there.I took my vapcap with me as a travel vape.it never let me down.Clouds are huge,yet cool and and maintenance is a snap for air travel.I packed my jet Lighter empty for air travel.some airlines don't allow lighters now either in checked or carry on baggage.I passed through multiple airport scanners,searches and checkpoints including high security airports at Singapore and also through X-rays in Windsor castle.etc.When we visited Windsor castle, the Queen was in attendance.I can say I vaped at the palace lol.My VC and dynastash never raised an eyebrow.

I managed to pick up some fine medicine in Dublin and made some new friends along the way.I used Vodka to clean everything up as I went.One minor niggle I noticed just before I left was the rings on the TI tip didn't take too kindly to an ISO bath.they came out swollen and oversized.no biggie with an otherwise perfect device.luckily I had extra seals here and changed them out before I left for my holiday..i had no issues after that and took extra care cleaning the seals as I went.

Georges customer care and his personal input into orders needs a special mention.He and the folks at Dynavap went way beyond with their customer service and made sure I had everything I needed and more before I left.This comes from a guy who must b flat out setting up lasers right now:)
Youre parcel made for a real special holiday.thanks George:tup:

I was lucky to be one of the early beta testers for the TI woody.The new TI tips work a helluva lot better than the original betas, both in performance and heat distribution.i have also fitted one of the 8mm concave TI screens that FC folks are using.thanks to @Stevenski for that tip.

I really can't recommend the Vapcap enough,especially the Omni for a long term standalone device.You really will never need anything else.My other vapes get little use nowadays.

Anyway onto a few photos

Halfway up the Howth head walking trail Dublin with the indestructible TI Vapcap.

2hid0f6.jpg

Phill Lynott gets to meet the vapcap at his tribute in Dublin.
2rndgtz.jpg

A timeout at Blenheim Palace, birthplace and former residence of Winston Churchill
2rndgtz.jpg

The Giants Causeway
9ie1bn.jpg

Cheers & good vibes to George and everyone at DynaVap & FC

looking out towards Iceland from the Giants causeway on a rather blustery day.
122z2b9.jpg

Last edited:

VapCap

Manufacturer
Good stuff the last few days.

I sure do like lasers! Especially fast, accurate ones. Look at the cool things we get to do to our products with them. Here is our newest version of the air tight storage tubes.

VZM.IMG_20161017_100850_zps8xncwja9.jpg

And then as a special request @marduk here it is. :)

IMG_20161017_172906936_zpsaynxcpo8.jpg

Sorry I couldn't get better focus with my phone camera. It is actually pretty sharp, especially considering the whole symbol is only about 8mm wide.
I sure like this one. I've been patiently waiting until the day I had the ability to do things like this on the end of the cap. My initial pattern I had in mind was not near as awesome. It seems like I could engrave rice with this thing. Seeing stuff like this really gives me pause to be thankful. It is actually difficult to believe I am now able to do these things, all because I wanted to make a more simple vaporizer. Then people actually want buy it. There is a smile on my face right now. Why? because there really isn't anything else I would rather be doing. I get to go to work everyday and think about what cool thing can I do next. How can we improve anything we are making or anything we are doing.

Simplify the complex....

And do everything we can think of to improve our customer's experience. I haven't mentioned this in a while, so as we come up on what would have been almost unthinkable a little over a year ago, 300 pages. I think it is overdue.

Thank you everyone for your support. It means everything to what we do at Dynavap. We do it for you!
And we love what we do. What could possibly be better than designing and producing a better vaporizer? So any thoughts, questions, or concerns, please contact us. We really do want to know. It is how we push the evolution of the entire product line.

And some new test hats just arrived today. I hope to have these up in the shop soon.

IMG_20161017_133003331_HDR_zpspl8y67un.jpg

Cheers,

George

fågel

᚛ᚓᚐᚅ᚜
yay!! my order is here!! never did get a shipping confirmation but hey, i can't complain about a pleasant surprise :spliff:

edit:
on closer inspection...
At5wLPS.jpg

i just tested it and it still works so. i just need to not drop this one too lol.

Last edited:

Baron23

yay!! my order is here!! never did get a shipping confirmation but hey, i can't complain about a pleasant surprise :spliff:

edit:
on closer inspection...
At5wLPS.jpg

i just tested it and it still works so. i just need to not drop this one too lol.
That is EXACTLY like the crack I have in a brand new recently delivered body. I sent this photo to George via PM and we agreed that since I was putting in another order to just let them know and they would send me another stem. Since neither of them (yours or mine) had been yet used, I believe the crack is induced when the CCD is put in place, but that's really just a guess based on position of the crack.

@VapCap - George, are we the only two to have this problem recently with brand new stems??

VC OG w-broken Body.jpeg

Last edited:

virtualpurple

Man I would be stoked if my order was in the mail this morning!

Kinda have my doubts as I know it didn't get shipped before Friday, but I'm picking up my Lift Innovations grinder this am and I would be as happy as a pig in shit if I were able to run that first bowl through the OG vapcap or omnivap for a nice little nightcap!

@VapCap the concept got me intrigued, the videos got my interest, but all the first hand reports of the customer service got my business. I've never even held the device but I'm pretty sure you've already a repeat customer for the long haul.

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
This stem has been put away in my regular case bulked out with extra padding, fingers crossed I can get something similar done. Kicking myself for not getting the other one that I saw.
3fkrL3l.jpg

I'm putting another idea thru it's paces at the moment and it fits in the tubes George sends out.
Which lead to a new 'case' being used with even more familiarity. Magnets in the silver pill case otherwise it feels like there's a poltergeist vaping with me, stuff moves around.
THwhgCa.jpg

Everything I need in a 2 oz tin.

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@syrupy It's an ally key fob pill case, and looks like this inside, water resistant, so smell proof.
iDuYlIi.jpg

Little wooden plug in the threaded end for greenery. Counter sunk magnets held with a screw. There are a lot more magnets now. The pull wasn't enough and it also makes it easier to open as the plug wears with use. The top 'nipple' is where it attaches as a key fob, which just so happens to fit the VC bowl just rite for tamping loads. The bottom half I filed flat so it would stand on it's end and I use it to try and sink some heat for a faster cool click. A couple of spondoolies on Ebay.

@marduk that cap is an excellent idea and @VapCap I can see the laser getting put thru it's paces if custom cap design is on the cards.

Last edited:

Reybondo

wadiyatalkinabeet
Yep it was just time that I needed, turns out there's more of a learning curve then I originally thought.

I used a jet lighter recently as apposed to a clipper and the results are incomparable this device is definitely intended for jet lighters to reach it's full potential.

I can now easily recommend the Vapcap to anyone looking for an easy, cheap and effective vape. In fact I'm starting to convert my smoker friends with this neat device!

Baron23

Yep it was just time that I needed, turns out there's more of a learning curve then I originally thought.

I used a jet lighter recently as apposed to a clipper and the results are incomparable this device is definitely intended for jet lighters to reach it's full potential.

I can now easily recommend the Vapcap to anyone looking for an easy, cheap and effective vape. In fact I'm starting to convert my smoker friends with this neat device!
Great news...I was stumped and didn't want to just point the finger back at the operator, but the OG does tend to work well for just about anybody in my experience.

Your jet lighter....single flame or multiple flame. I like the quad torch lighter that Vapcap sells (and you can get them anywhere really) and the three flame in line version also. Are you using single flame jet lighter or??

I am glad very this has worked out for you. :rockon::clap:

Cheers

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Got one of the original vapcaps on the way for me and one for a friend (who has never vaped before and hasnt smoked in years but wants to try some sacred flower again after many years)! Hopefully arriving later today.

Is there any functional benefits to have a Ti Woody? Anyone tried attaching the cap itself to an Okin stem? ;)

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
Is there any functional benefits to have a Ti Woody?

I'd say the biggest benefit is durability. Nothing on it can break, so it can easily be carried in a pocket or handed to a clumsy friend without worry. I feel the Ti retains heat a bit better, allowing a bigger draw(s) between heat cycles. I also prefer the wooden mouthpiece of Woody S to the silicon one on the glass model.

But mainly, the Woody Ti is just a beautiful peace of work to look at and hold. That's more aesthetic than functional, of course. I use the Ti probably twice as much as the OG.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
I'd say the biggest benefit is durability. Nothing on it can break, so it can easily be carried in a pocket or handed to a clumsy friend without worry. I feel the Ti retains heat a bit better, allowing a bigger draw(s) between heat cycles. I also prefer the wooden mouthpiece of Woody S to the silicon one on the glass model.

But mainly, the Woody Ti is just a beautiful peace of work to look at and hold. That's more aesthetic than functional, of course. I use the Ti probably twice as much as the OG.

Nice one. Thanks for the response. I guess if I like the OG, I'll be getting a Woody whenever I can :)

EDIT: Well, that didnt take long! I'll be selling the glass OG on to a friend and buying myself a Ti Woody. The clouds and how smooth this thing is, its quite something. Incredibly impressed.

Last edited:

Reybondo

wadiyatalkinabeet
Great news...I was stumped and didn't want to just point the finger back at the operator, but the OG does tend to work well for just about anybody in my experience.

Your jet lighter....single flame or multiple flame. I like the quad torch lighter that Vapcap sells (and you can get them anywhere really) and the three flame in line version also. Are you using single flame jet lighter or??

I am glad very this has worked out for you. :rockon::clap:

Cheers

I'm using a single flame at the moment, it's pretty shit because it cost me £3 so I'm investing in a more expensive two flame lighter sometime this week

Baron23

Nice one. Thanks for the response. I guess if I like the OG, I'll be getting a Woody whenever I can :)

EDIT: Well, that didnt take long! I'll be selling the glass OG on to a friend and buying myself a Ti Woody. The clouds and how smooth this thing is, its quite something. Incredibly impressed.
KEEP THE OG. At least until you get your Ti Woody and are sure you like it. The material difference in the chamber (glass vice Ti) does in fact influence function and performance.

I have both, I'm glad I have my Ti Woody, but I continue to love my OGs.

Just saying, they are not really identical.

Baron23

I'm using a single flame at the moment, it's pretty shit because it cost me £3 so I'm investing in a more expensive two flame lighter sometime this week
You will like it even better with a quad or triple. With a quad, I'm to the click on "three one thousand" (about 3 seconds, yeah?) on the first cycle and then about up to "two one thousand" for the second cycle (if I don't sit there an contemplate it too long). Works great, I count as a back up to the click (cause I got so high once I forgot about the cool down click and heated too soon....combustion and wow, did it taste like shit and smelled so bad an immediate cleaning of the OG was called for LOL).

Best of luck.

Top Bottom