coolbreeze

What good surprises with 420eng ! The glasspipe is great (cooling, visibility on the steam produced, magnetic and beautiful). The Streamwhistle makes the same impression on me, I posted some pictures in the appropriate thread, I put one here to tease ;)

STEAMWHISTLE-BLACKFOREST-OAK-9.jpg
That looks really cool in that j-hook!

olysh pops

Here the temperature is about 18C/64F inside or outside, using the CL or SW with this little pipe that fits in my hand is enough to soften the steam. The wooden base provides a good grip and as @Zillacon noted the glass is rather thick, making the item pleasant to touch.

This pipe is a nice surprise, quality, well thought out, in the same category as the CL which has been on 24/7 for 9 months.

I saw that the online store has been raided haha

:)

ezpz

What good surprises with 420eng ! The glasspipe is great (cooling, visibility on the steam produced, magnetic and beautiful). The Streamwhistle makes the same impression on me, I posted some pictures in the appropriate thread, I put one here to tease ;)

STEAMWHISTLE-BLACKFOREST-OAK-9.jpg
Thanks for this. I truly regret not getting one. :bang:
I chose to get a "basic needs" package. Got me a kingwood CL, a 14mm injector bowl, and an o-ring pack. Crazy fast shipping too. Label created Saturday 4/1, scanned at UPS on Monday 4/3, with the expected delivery date of Wednesday 4/5, from Germany to Hawaii. I chuckled and thought no fricken' way. Sure enough, got this beauty on 4/5. Thanks @Beefcake@420Eng. :tup:
So far..... My favorite way of using it is injector style with an 18/14mm reducer in my $7 dhgate j-hook (hence the regret). :bang:

RedZep

So people tend to use the funnel? Is reloading for multiple bowls annoying?

Also curious how the stems are kept clean. Does the wood inside not get really dirty? If they are lined how to you clean as you can't soak the stem.

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

people tend to use the funnel?
Yeah all the time. Love it with the tamper.

If they are lined how to you clean as you can't soak the stem.
I only cleaned it once lol and I was gonna shake it with my fingers at each opening, but it's not ideal (risk of alcohol spilling on the wood and drying it out). There might be some some plug style solution to seal it off, otherwise a brush should do the trick. To rinse the alcohol out i would be less worried about minor spillage as a little water that's immediately wiped off doesn't really dry out the wood.

coolbreeze

So people tend to use the funnel?
Not sure what you mean by 'funnel.' EDIT: I figured it out--you mean the funnel! I do the straw pack. The stem's chamber is about twice the capacity of a Dynvap bowl, the glass bowl is way bigger, and Dynavap tips fit the heater, too.
Is reloading for multiple bowls annoying?
Not for me. It don't take many, to be honest.
Also curious how the stems are kept clean. Does the wood inside not get really dirty? If they are lined how to you clean as you can't soak the stem.
Wooden stems and vapes tend to stay 'cleaner' than glass or metal ones because the wood is inert temp-wise so there's less condensation of the oils. Simply scraping with some sort of tool or a pipe cleaner or q-tip with warm water can remove most of what does accumulate. The glass stems with the 14mm glass lining under the wood can be removed as can the chambers.

Last edited:

onesixty2

I load the stem & wood WPA via straw pack, then tamp with the tool.

I scoop the flower out of my stash for the 18/14mm glass injector bowls with the bowls, tamping with the tool.

I don't use the funnel for anything.

Cleaning the wood portion of the WPA is simple as the wood is just a removable sleeve. Just lather with wood wax / polishing balm / wood cleaning product of your choice, let soak for about an hour, then wipe dry. The glass portion can soak in iso separately. I use Ed's as a cleaning / finishing solution, but any should work. I don't use the wood WPA often, though, I much prefer the injector bowls, so it doesn't get a lot of grime for me to truly test. I do however use Ed's wood WPA for my tm2, and that has gone through multiple cleaning cycles and still is perfect.

Last edited:

RedZep

I load the stem & wood WPA via straw pack, then tamp with the tool.

I scoop the flower out of my stash for the 18/14mm glass injector bowls with the bowls, tamping with the tool.

I don't use the funnel for anything.

Cleaning the wood portion of the WPA is simple as the wood is just a removable sleeve. Just lather with wood wax / polishing balm / wood cleaning product of your choice, let soak for about an hour, then wipe dry. The glass portion can soak in iso separately. I use Ed's as a cleaning / finishing solution, but any should work. I don't use the wood WPA often, though, I much prefer the injector bowls, so it doesn't get a lot of grime for me to truly test. I do however use Ed's wood WPA for my tm2, and that has gone through multiple cleaning cycles and still is perfect.
I've noticed quite a few people preferring the injection bowl, as opposed to the stems as WPA. Does it just perform much better? Is there too much air restriction with using stem WPA?

RedZep,

blokenoname

DIY Log Dabbler 😁🪵💪💨💨💨
Yeah all the time. Love it with the tamper.

I only cleaned it once lol and I was gonna shake it with my fingers at each opening, but it's not ideal (risk of alcohol spilling on the wood and drying it out). There might be some some plug style solution to seal it off, otherwise a brush should do the trick. To rinse the alcohol out i would be less worried about minor spillage as a little water that's immediately wiped off doesn't really dry out the wood.
Seriously!? 😳
You guys ever heard of such amazing inventions, like pipe cleaners or q-tips, you could simply dip into a wee bit of iso and then wipe the insides of a given glass or ss liner clean with!? 🤔
Totally effective and without risk, to splash anything on the wooden surface... provided you don't drown the poor pipe cleaner in the iso, so that it drops all over the place 🥳

As for unlined wooden stems... yeah! You get a nice canna oil patina there 🤷‍♂️. Serves as a natural protective layer against any irritant, a given wood may emit, takes longer to build up anyway, than in a glass or ss stem... and if it bothers you too much, you can still use a pipe cleaner or q tip dipped into a bit of iso, to clean it out once in a while.
Doesn't really matter much, when it discolors the inside of your stem a bit over time, as you won't see it anyway. Just don't overdo it, OCD style 😉

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Also curious how the stems are kept clean. Does the wood inside not get really dirty
I clean all my wood stems the same way:
I just slather it with wax (Ed's Butter works fine). Then after an hour I wipe off the wax and everything comes with it. Better than new.
Resin is fat soluble so the wax basically pulls it all off and it all wipes away.

I clean the cooling pads by just vaping them clean. They are surprisingly tasty and effective. I don't bother with reclaim normally but I like the CL pads.

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

Seriously!? 😳
You guys ever heard of such amazing inventions, like pipe cleaners or q-tips, you could simply dip into a wee bit of iso and then wipe the insides of a given glass or ss liner clean with!? 🤔
Totally effective and without risk, to splash anything on the wooden surface... provided you don't drown the poor pipe cleaner in the iso, so that it drops all over the place 🥳

otherwise a brush should do the trick

diablitos

I've been enjoying the j-hook greatly since it arrived the other day, and would recommend it as a truly rewarding was to enjoy peak flavor. So damned tasty! Plus it allowed me to replace the glass 14mm-to-18mm bowl I foolishly broke, so Voltron has been formed.

I've been using a matching kingwood bowl made by DFreezZ, and would also say that if you like the aesthetics and taste profile of a wooden bowl, his Couchlog bowls are fantastic.

All in all, it's clear that I've found the home device for me, and I hope everyone else is enjoying theirs as much as I am! I learned a lot from the members of this forum as I was thinking through vaporizer options for home use, so I'm grateful you led me to the palace of wisdom.

Pcloudy

The lowest setting still seems pretty dang hot to me, is this normal? It seems to be about the same at every temperature on the dial. I maybe just needed to let it sit a bit longer to cool back down a bit.

Last edited:

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
The lowest setting still seems pretty dang hot to me, is this normal? It seems to be about the same at every temperature on the dial. I maybe just needed to let it sit a bit longer to cool back down a bit.
Is it burning your material at the lowest setting? If you read back you can see there was a problem with a faulty pwm, so that might have happened again. That would be a bummer. Although it could just be getting to know the sweet spot. Mine produces much less vapor when it is at the very lowest setting, even though I think mine runs hotter than average.

Anyway, I hope you get it sorted out!

Frosch5

Hi, I was wondering if there are any plans on updating the bowl? the screen situation is the only thing that seems a bit off, otherwise I am in love with the couchlog :)

Frosch5,
Top Bottom