attackpoints

I just added the new "LOG ONLY" option.
Its just the Log/14mm Injector everything else is on you.
For the start there will be some oak units available.
We start shipping them next week.
Sold out already, FC does not mess around :lol:

Out of curiosity, how much do you save by only buying the log? Are all of the wood types going to have this option in the future?

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I don't see it on the site.

Last edited:

Pcloudy

For those of us that like unplugging it for a hit this magnetic connector is pretty nice. I ended up having to buy an adapter for the other end on this one but its working so far. I plan on building a wooden base station in the future to hold the connector in place so I can plop it on and off with one hand. On another note has anyone had any luck with any sort of battery pack for logs? I was hoping to be able to stash a battery pack in my base station for mobile couch logging

Pcloudy

There may be better options out there as I needed the small adapter to hook the cord up to the voltage adjuster, but thats mainly tucked away. So far its been working pretty nice and it seems to be decent quality. If anyone finds one with the proper connection on both ends please let me know.

coolbreeze

For those of us that like unplugging it for a hit this magnetic connector is pretty nice. I ended up having to buy an adapter for the other end on this one but its working so far. I plan on building a wooden base station in the future to hold the connector in place so I can plop it on and off with one hand. On another note has anyone had any luck with any sort of battery pack for logs? I was hoping to be able to stash a battery pack in my base station for mobile couch logging
I haven't tried a battery pack per se but I have a small Renogy power/recharge station (unfortunately discontinued) that works great with the CL. Something similar should work.

olysh pops

Thanks for the suggestion, using the CL unplugged is comfortable.

I vaporized herbs with the CouchLog directy plugged on this battery, it works well. I would have liked a little more voltage to vaporize hash (5,5V maybe).

IMG_20230627_174826.jpg

IMG_20230627_174800.jpg

Last edited:

Canna Chameleon

Muted by mods. Run off by rudeness.
I’ve seen this posted elsewhere and used it successfully.

you can use any 12v Power Delivery (PD) battery found on Amazon with this cable.

(2-Pack) JacobsParts 12V USB C Type-C PD Trigger 3ft 5A Power Cable 5.5 x 2.1mm DC Connector https://a.co/d/c4DDr0A

i use a 26,800 mah and get 6-8 hours easy

Chris@420Eng

Manufacturer
After experimenting with an alternative herb chamber for a while now, I have reconsidered the matter and would like to discuss the topic again here.

Positive aspects of the new chamber:

Standard screens can be easily inserted and get a slightly concave shape.

Negative aspects:

The test chamber consists of three parts where the pieces are assembled, resulting in undercuts that get clogged with herb material. Additionally, one part is an O-ring. I am reluctant to incorporate O-rings so close to the herbs.

The CouchLog should be as simple as possible, and the additional components also negate the advantage of being able to use screens you don't need to order from Germany since there are two more small pieces to lose.

New approach:

Main problem: Screen gets clogged quickly.

The solution for this is to use a coarser mesh.

Problem with replacement screens:

The newly used mesh, due to its thicker wire, also provides a significant increase in stability.
Standard 1/2 inch or 12.7mm screens can be used in the mouthpiece (some people forgot about this).
These are placed under the herb chamber, and then the chamber is attached from the top.
This solution performs similarly well. It is slightly harder to clean and does not roast as evenly.

My request: Test your CouchLogs with a suitable screen and let me know which mesh size you prefer. I am currently using approximately double the hole size and I am satisfied with the result in terms of the balance between clogging and sufficient filtering function.
I understand that there are several factors to consider, but there should be a prevailing preference among people.
I would appreciate feedback from the community on this topic.

Best regards, Chris

bestvaping

If something is made in China it not uncommon to be CE compliant,but how do you get CE cerification for your selfmade PWM controller,did you went trough the process in obtaining one ,i heard it is very expensive .
The CE marked on a product does not indicate whether laboratory tests have been carried out .. and certainly doesn't approve the quality of a product or its proper functioning .. it means absolutely nothing (you can have a CE-marked product that will set your house on fire) .. a product can be CE marked without first undergoing electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) and others testing, there are just a few conditions that must be met for the product to be placed on the European market.

If your product is extra-low voltage (ELV) or low-voltage (LV) and does not include a power supply (very important), such as a printed circuit board, then you can put on the market out without testing in laboratory it first and you can easily display the CE logo on your product.

But, If you include a power supply, warning, even if it complies with CE standards, you'll still have to carry out electromagnetic tests (because you've created another product from the first). ELV/LV or not ... it doesn't matter ..

It is possible to carry out electromagnetic tests on your own, but this requires several weeks' training in a state-approved laboratory (and can be extremely expensive). I don't know if that's the case here?

In addition, you must also comply with RoHS directive and register with WEEE (which must also be displayed on the product or packaging) and you'll need to provide proof of all materials and suppliers used.. Normally there can be no CE without RoHS and vice versa.

Laboratory tests for this type of product should cost between $3000 USD and $6000 USD, depending on the probably tests to be carried out (not everything is mandatory). If the tests fail, obviously no refund is possible and you'll have to reinvest the money once the problems have been solved.

A project like this can be sold as a DIY kit with no prior worries (as long as you don't connect the power supply to the log or pwm). It's at the limit of the regulations, but it's okay.

For example, vaporizers like S&B's Volcano, unfortunately have no choice but to carry out all the tests.

Do you hear a high pitched buzzing noise?
Yeahh .. mine buzzes a bit... is that normal?

Does anyone have a mouthpiece with a air hole compatible with the CouchLog bowl?

I love my CL, I have the impression that the bowl forms a plug between the heater and the mouthpiece. That strange feeling of shooting through a clogged straw .. it's too restrictive, I can't wait to get my WPA adapter. I hesitate to drill a small hole in my mouthpiece :hmm:

Good vape :peace:

attackpoints

The CE marked on a product does not indicate whether laboratory tests have been carried out .. and certainly doesn't approve the quality of a product or its proper functioning .. it means absolutely nothing (you can have a CE-marked product that will set your house on fire) .. a product can be CE marked without first undergoing electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) and others testing, there are just a few conditions that must be met for the product to be placed on the European market.

If your product is extra-low voltage (ELV) or low-voltage (LV) and does not include a power supply (very important), such as a printed circuit board, then you can put on the market out without testing in laboratory it first and you can easily display the CE logo on your product.

But, If you include a power supply, warning, even if it complies with CE standards, you'll still have to carry out electromagnetic tests (because you've created another product from the first). ELV/LV or not ... it doesn't matter ..

It is possible to carry out electromagnetic tests on your own, but this requires several weeks' training in a state-approved laboratory (and can be extremely expensive). I don't know if that's the case here?

In addition, you must also comply with RoHS directive and register with WEEE (which must also be displayed on the product or packaging) and you'll need to provide proof of all materials and suppliers used.. Normally there can be no CE without RoHS and vice versa.

Laboratory tests for this type of product should cost between $3000 USD and $6000 USD, depending on the probably tests to be carried out (not everything is mandatory). If the tests fail, obviously no refund is possible and you'll have to reinvest the money once the problems have been solved.

A project like this can be sold as a DIY kit with no prior worries (as long as you don't connect the power supply to the log or pwm). It's at the limit of the regulations, but it's okay.

For example, vaporizers like S&B's Volcano, unfortunately have no choice but to carry out all the tests.

Yeahh .. mine buzzes a bit... is that normal?

Does anyone have a mouthpiece with a air hole compatible with the CouchLog bowl?

I love my CL, I have the impression that the bowl forms a plug between the heater and the mouthpiece. That strange feeling of shooting through a clogged straw .. it's too restrictive, I can't wait to get my WPA adapter. I hesitate to drill a small hole in my mouthpiece :hmm:

Good vape :peace:
Can't help you with looking for a stem with a carb unfortunately but I hope you get your wpa soon too. CL injector style is so tasty, and does improve air flow greatly.

Pcloudy

I have found the main restriction is the couch log itself as far as airflow goes. I have tested my mouthpiece with nothing in it, then I tested it with the heat sink and some extra sic balls I had laying around. I definitely increases resistance on the mouthpiece but they are both still more open than the unit itself. In my opinion at least.

bestvaping

CL injector style is so tasty, and does improve air flow greatly.
Yes I am in a hurry!

That said I wouldn't describe the draw on the cl as restrictive in either case
I am so used to the brick style and a more aerial draw .. Here it is like compared a volcano in tubing mode vs an SSSV .. One is too limited and the other too aerial :p

I think I should adapt my draw, I am used to shooting rather slowly with the bricks (at least at the start).

I did a few try last night by adapting my draw and it seems to work better.

Very nice job @Beefcake@420Eng

I still have a few tests to do but it seems better now. The CL is currently the only plug-in unit left on my desk. :brow:

I tried with my Dynavap BB6 stem and it still seems to work better for me!

Last edited:

bestvaping

Here are some pictures of an MP with 3.5-4mm glass beads (after about ten bowls):

4vs5.png

rq0t.png

0iup.png

Works very well ... but needs more regular maintenance.

I'm really starting to appreciate CL, personally, I only vape with MP for the moment (I have glass but no 14mm bowl). I've set the PWM to the third position and it seems perfect to me, can't wait to get the glass MP and glass pipe :love:

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
That strange feeling of shooting through a clogged straw

Here are some pictures of an MP with 3.5-4mm glass beads (after about ten bowls):
Ah! This explains to me why you were finding the stem so restricted. I only use the cooling pads with the stem, not the beads. Your setup is probably nice and cool but I bet it is a lot more restricted, especially as it starts to get dirty. It feels like a clogged straw, because it is! 😀

Top Bottom