Zillacon

🤠🤠🤠🤠
I have been thinking about what vape I would bring to a deserted island w/ full power would be the CL. I think the part that gets me is the consistent and reliable results this unit offers. My responses that fill the response class of using this vape are so engrained I could operate it with my eyes closed.

I really took this vape out again to reevaluate it after recent posts of tunneling/hot spotting. I do see somewhat untoasted material on the rim of the glass wpa, but it is miniscule. A simple stir will offer full extraction in two hits. I want to mention that this second hit I do not find necessary and never engage in the behavior, cashing the bowl after a single hit.

coolbreeze

I have been thinking about what vape I would bring to a deserted island w/ full power would be the CL. I think the part that gets me is the consistent and reliable results this unit offers. My responses that fill the response class of using this vape are so engrained I could operate it with my eyes closed.
The power of ball injector with the functional convenience of a log. I don't have much experience with other logs but I really like that the heater fits the bowl and the chambers so well without binding or leaking--and hands-free.
I really took this vape out again to reevaluate it after recent posts of tunneling/hot spotting. I do see somewhat untoasted material on the rim of the glass wpa, but it is miniscule. A simple stir will offer full extraction in two hits. I want to mention that this second hit I do not find necessary and never engage in the behavior, cashing the bowl after a single hit.
Yeah, more something I've noticed with the chambers, but slowing my breath and rotating the chamber while hitting it helps, but of course it will probably need a stir or two. Never really thought of it as problematic. Also, that frikkin golf tee is brilliant. I've got a handful of very nice tools but that one's reached for constantly.

StoneyBeached

Yeah, i've been switching things on and off my desk and this pretty much stays nowadays. At first it was it was always through the glass bowl but I have come to appreciate direct draws a lot more, as well as direct with a DV tip/stem. It really could be your one and only vape.

@StoneyBeached, when the logs list separately you can get an inexpensive vvps anywhere, you'll just want to observe the recommended voltage ranges.
Good point, I'll be on the look out for when it sells individually

StoneyBeached,
Reactions: coolbreeze

oldbay

Got one of these recently, and I'm loving it so far. Sipping it through a j-hook with the gong adapter is my preferred method. Love that I can vape a full chamber or just a pinch. I've been keeping it at 3 on the dial, it's all about that heat soak.

I'm curious if anyone has considered replacing the cable that connects the PWM module to the heater. Nothing wrong with the stock cable, but I was thinking a coiled cable would make the device a bit nicer to use while plugged in. Anything I should be aware of if I decide to look for a replacement?

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I'm curious if anyone has considered replacing the cable that connects the PWM module to the heater. Nothing wrong with the stock cable, but I was thinking a coiled cable would make the device a bit nicer to use while plugged in. Anything I should be aware of if I decide to look for a replacement?
I think most DC cables you find will work as long as the plug is correct. I think the plug is 5.5x2.1mm.

Anyway, I'd love to see your upgrade ideas. Braided cables?

nicanaca0

Look what Alex Leo built around a CL heater :o
This is nice! I've been looking into options for powering via a USB powerbank but all the modules seem to be for stepping up (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07T6LPP9W/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_H2YSAH9WWGTZ2MQBBHBA).

Is the dial calibrated similar to the CL PS? I'd assume 2-5v should be more than enough to power the CL right?

Edit - looks like a 'Buck Boost Converter' might do the job! I'll keep looking ...

Last edited:
nicanaca0,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
This is nice! I've been looking into options for powering via a USB powerbank but all the modules seem to be for stepping up (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07T6LPP9W/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_H2YSAH9WWGTZ2MQBBHBA).

Is the dial calibrated similar to the CL PS? I'd assume 2-5v should be more than enough to power the CL right?

Edit - looks like a 'Buck Boost Converter' might do the job! I'll keep looking ...
To me it looks like a standard dimmer dial like Ed's TNT provides. But I am sure if you reached out to Alex Leo he would give you more details:

While you are there you can see the post with more details on that stunning collaboration.

coolbreeze

To me it looks like a standard dimmer dial like Ed's TNT provides. But I am sure if you reached out to Alex Leo he would give you more details:

While you are there you can see the post with more details on that stunning collaboration.
Love his stuff. Wish is was more available.

Chris@420Eng

Manufacturer
I think most DC cables you find will work as long as the plug is correct. I think the plug is 5.5x2.1mm.

Anyway, I'd love to see your upgrade ideas. Braided cables?
Its 5.5x2.5

The CL also runs up to 12V but you can overheat your device if you go above 6V. So stay lower on the dial

To me it looks like a standard dimmer dial like Ed's TNT provides.
It is. If you want to use a powerbank look for an 5V to 12V USB cable with at least 2A

Mine works ok with an usb cable directly from the powerbank (5V)

nicanaca0

Its 5.5x2.5

The CL also runs up to 12V but you can overheat your device if you go above 6V. So stay lower on the dial

It is. If you want to use a powerbank look for an 5V to 12V USB cable with at least 2A

Mine works ok with an usb cable directly from the powerbank (5V)
Thanks for the info! I'll start looking around :)

I'd be happy to run at a constant 5v and adjust usage with technique rather than power for portable hits. The buck converter does seem like a cheap and easy option for controllable power between the power bank and cable though.

Last edited:
nicanaca0,
Reactions: Grass Yes

Zillacon

🤠🤠🤠🤠
The CL does amazing work for high and low temp sessions. Both through water and native is a joy with this unit. I use a j-hook at high temps and find the vapor to be hot, but not off-putting. The vape itself is extremely easy to handle, and offers may possibilities when it comes to variation in the topography of usage.

olysh pops

Since it arrived this morning, I can't stop pulling on the glasspipe blackforest oak

GLASSPIPE-BLACKFOREST-OAK-1.jpg

GLASSPIPE-BLACKFOREST-OAK-2.jpg

:)

coolbreeze

Would the magnet on that J-hook not complicate cleaning? Would it still be possible to submerge in soapy water or iso?
I assume it's like the Herbo sherlock, the base is held on by o-rings; you can remove the glass.

Since it arrived this morning, I can't stop pulling on the glasspipe blackforest oak

GLASSPIPE-BLACKFOREST-OAK-1.jpg

GLASSPIPE-BLACKFOREST-OAK-2.jpg

:)
Looks like it'll be a nice fit for the SteamWhistle, as well. ; )

Last edited:
Top Bottom