I picked up a wood WPA from DFreeZ Designs. Went with a stock walnut bowl from his website. Ordering was easy and shipping was fast. It was not cheap, but it appears to be well made and I'm really digging it so far. It's not injector style; it has a little shelf for the heater to sit on, similar to the stock bowl. I think I prefer this design since it's easier to get the heater close to the herb. Also nice that the wood doesn't get so hot like a glass bowl would. I believe the screen size is standard, would need to double check the measurement, but he did include some extras, which I appreciate. Flavor seems pretty neutral with the walnut, which is good. I could see this being my new preferred option for the CouchLog.
8721-B079-39-EA-4-C53-98-F0-639-EC50-B371-E.jpg

seanwcouch

Maybe I’m a noob since this is my first log but I have B2 injector. I have combusted a few times and just didn’t know if that normal and I just have to mentally time out the hit…? 🤷‍♂️

Maybe I’m a noob since this is my first log but I have B2 injector. I have combusted a few times and just didn’t know if that normal and I just have to mentally time out the hit…?
I started it set and 6 but gone down to 5 with same combustion.

seanwcouch,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Maybe I’m a noob since this is my first log but I have B2 injector. I have combusted a few times and just didn’t know if that normal and I just have to mentally time out the hit…? 🤷‍♂️
I have never combusted but I never go above 8 on my dial. Are you using direct draw or with the glass bowl?

Grass Yes,

Chris@420Eng

Manufacturer
started it set and 6 but gone down to 5 with same combustion.

Go lower. The CL has a SS cardrige that is overpowered for the normal herbchamber.

Its for handling deeper glasbowls.

I build in a stronger one after the first batch to make it work with other bowls then mine.

Just try at 3 and work up from there.

coolbreeze

I picked up a wood WPA from DFreeZ Designs. Went with a stock walnut bowl from his website. Ordering was easy and shipping was fast. It was not cheap, but it appears to be well made and I'm really digging it so far. It's not injector style; it has a little shelf for the heater to sit on, similar to the stock bowl. I think I prefer this design since it's easier to get the heater close to the herb. Also nice that the wood doesn't get so hot like a glass bowl would. I believe the screen size is standard, would need to double check the measurement, but he did include some extras, which I appreciate. Flavor seems pretty neutral with the walnut, which is good. I could see this being my new preferred option for the CouchLog.
8721-B079-39-EA-4-C53-98-F0-639-EC50-B371-E.jpg
I picked up a @DFreeZ_Designs bowl, too (bocote), and like it for many of the same reasons, plus it's low-profile and really easy to mate the heater with on glass. I do enjoy the more open hit through the glass bowl, but this is a really nice alternative. Could use one fix: it doesn't fit my tee because it's narrower than the metal herb chamber by a hair. I would like it to fit my tee, not quite to a t, but just a little more than a t (or a tee). Anyhow, it's a great bowl and makes a handy, lovely low-temp option.
IMG-1660.jpg

Last edited:

Chris@420Eng

Manufacturer
I picked up a @DFreeZ_Designs bowl, too (bocote), and like it for many of the same reasons, plus it's low-profile and really easy to mate the heater with on glass. I do enjoy the more open hit through the glass bowl, but this is a really nice alternative. Could use one fix: it doesn't fit my tee because it's narrower than the metal herb chamber by a hair. I would like it to fit my tee, not quite to a t, but just a little more than a t (or a tee). Anyhow, it's a great bowl and makes a handy, lovely low-temp option.
IMG-1660.jpg
Tee has around 9,5mm-9,8mm
So going for 10mm is the way :)

seanwcouch

Are you just leaving the couchlog on top of the load after you hit it instead of removing it? Cause if so youre not supposed to do that
My routine goes placing the mouthpiece in my WPA. I then place the CL on top while drawing, counting along in my head before I inhale and taking the log off.

Go lower. The CL has a SS cardrige that is overpowered for the normal herbchamber.

Its for handling deeper glasbowls.

I build in a stronger one after the first batch to make it work with other bowls then mine.

Just try at 3 and work up from there.
So I don't necessarily need to use mouthpiece for it then? I can just use one of my glass injector bowls for example?

I have never combusted but I never go above 8 on my dial. Are you using direct draw or with the glass bowl?
I am loading the mouthpiece while its attached to a WPA. I just place the CL on top while pulling from the WPA and counting in my head.

Chris@420Eng

Manufacturer
Only set the CL on/against your herbchamber when inhaling and put it down when u done inhaling.

No need to time anything.

And yes the CL can be used with your glas bowl as long as its a 14mm injector bowl.

seanwcouch

Only set the CL on/against your herbchamber when inhaling and put it down when u done inhaling.

No need to time anything.

And yes the CL can be used with your glas bowl as long as its a 14mm injector bowl.
Thanks for everyone’s help. 5 is the butter zone that has yellow/brown and not “burning” if you know what I mean. 6 is a little too dark for my liking. I also realize I had too much flower so when it was touching the rod, it was igniting the flower. This was causing my bowl to combust.

GoldenBud

Thanks for everyone’s help. 5 is the butter zone that has yellow/brown and not “burning” if you know what I mean. 6 is a little too dark for my liking. I also realize I had too much flower so when it was touching the rod, it was igniting the flower. This was causing my bowl to combust.
I'd suggest you never let the rod touch it, if you load too much just tamp it down and do 1-2 holes in the bowl... so the air can have a way to go easily and not combust your bowl.. and don't inhale too slow i think... injector-log requires some tampers and pick tools, but it's better than replacing batteries ;)

jasp3r

It's really nice to use. Enough power to roast a large load in one go, but flexible enough dial it down to fit your rig or j-hook, or to do flavor hits.

Or this:
IMG-1688.jpg
I was doing the same thing with a dynavap tip but found it a pain in the ass to load the tip. Any advice?

jasp3r,

coolbreeze

How did you do this setup?
The tough part is getting the o-ring (6mmx2mmx10mm Viton) up the neck:
IMG-1680.jpg

Insert DV tip into herb chamber and shove that all the way on:
IMG-1681.jpg

The serrations extend beyond the floor of the chamber, making it a pain to load but easy to mate, and much easier than with the DV tip alone, though that works, too. It's on there pretty good, too, so it might make sense to dedicate a tip and chamber.
IMG-1683.jpg

Top Bottom