PossumMD

So, a little excited cos my unit is meant to make it to my door sometime tomorrow (5 days for Germany to Australia is insanely quick), where should I start with as to setting the dial? I like to get my avb real dark, if that helps. Oh, and yeah, in Australia, if our 240v matters at all... Thanks in advance!

coolbreeze

where should I start with as to setting the dial?
Start at the halfway mark (the 5th oval) and adjust from there. I'm usually in the 4.5-6 range; lower for direct hits, higher for full-roasting individual flavor hits in the glass bowl in a bong. There seems to be temp variation between units, and most here seem to run theirs in the 7+ range.

Last edited:

Razhumikin

Start at the halfway mark (the 5th oval) and adjust from there. I'm usually in the 4.5-6 range; lower for direct hits, higher for full-roasting individual flavor hits in a bong. There seems to be temp variation between units, and most here seem to run theirs in the 7+ range.
I personally would not set the couchlog to 7+, seems like combustion territory to me. But yea, keep it at 5 then adjust accordingly.

PossumMD

Started with 5. Had another rip at 6. Had another on 6.5 (little bit cautious as the above have mentioned 7 was kinda hot). Then stopped. I wasn't looking for temp stepping, was just trying to avoid combustion. Big step in doneness from 6 to 6.5, as compared to 5 to 6. Which has made me hesitant to really go higher from here. It's close enough. And I really want this for microdosing anyway. Hit it native, without the cooling pad, and liked it a lot in regards to temp and airflow. Thanks to all who helped give me a starting point!

Bigcountryx

I'm just about to pull the trigger on the two toned Kingwood but I'm having a hard time to decide since they are all super nice.
I'm assuming that you did pull the trigger as it's now gone? If so, my previously trembling wallet thanks you, as I've had that in my cart for a couple of months lol. If not you, then the thanks go to that individual. I'll obtain one soon enough!

Die_Toffifee

Bu-Tane Clan
Yes sir, it was me. :)
I was sold on the oak already, mostly because of the matching temp control and it being a regional wood.
Once I've learned that the temp control doesn't need to be sitting right next to the rest of the vape or can be mounted even under the table, matching woods were no concern to me anymore.
I do some woodwork myself and despite the look, oak and kingswood can't really be compared. Kingswood is much harder than any oak, 3-4 times as expensive and even if you get an oak with a nice dark grain, it's super boring when compared to the funky grains and colours kingswood is offering. So from my point of view kingswood is just the superior wood, optics aside of course.

Edit: Completely forgott about a cool fact. Despite its looks and toughness, there is this myth about how Kingswood got it's name. In the past it was only the chief of a tribe(the king) allowed to posess and trade this wood, everybody else had to face severe consequences if they got caught. Thinking of some places in Africa these consequences must have been horrible. So yes, Kingswood is a special wood.

Last edited:

Die_Toffifee

Bu-Tane Clan

Sorry for the double post but I have received my CouchLog already and I wanted to let you have a quick glance at the beautiful wood. :)

It was shipped yesterday and arrived this morning already.

Can't say much about it yet. At first I thought this thing must be something like a wooden Herbolizer. With my first try I set the temperature control a little too high so I cleared a pretty big bowl in one hit and I did not expect that. I was literally like " hey where did the flower go?!".

I was looking for something neat that would give me proper hits from my Ehlemotion #3 and it seems that I have actually found it.
Made from wood, worthy for kings.

Thanks @coolbreeze for showing me the way brother!

coolbreeze

IMG-1409.jpg

IMG-1411.jpg

GIF by Giphy QA

coolbreeze

HO

Can we use dyna stems with the CL at all?
Not sure there's a way to mount a chamber to a DV stem other than what's shown in the method linked below mine.

This worked though. The tip fits just within the lip of the heater. It might seal even better using an old tip with less serration on the end. The other method linked below that uses the chamber to help you find and keep the tip in place better.

coolbreeze,

Die_Toffifee

Bu-Tane Clan
After 10 days of "testing" the CouchLog I can safely say that it is most certainly my favourite vape and one sexy looking device. :)

This thing is a pure joy. Doesn't matter if it's the slower sessions with the glass bowl, where I'd start at 5ish and work my way slowly up to the perfect roast, or the still delicious one-hitters through the mouthpiece's herb chamber - I freakin love it!

Never used it while plugged in btw. I always unplug it - bang and back it goes on the socket.

Works like a charm with hash as well! ;)

PossumMD

So, I've had my unit a while. I like to keep it on 8 cos I like to vape mostly outside (the rest of the house doesn't mind, it's just a courtesy I do for them. I do bust out the desktops when they want to have some and we all get bent and watch cartoons. Anyway...) and it's perfect for that. Unplug it, step outside, kill the bowl in one hit, back inside and plugged in in less than 2mins. Way quicker than using a portable. Have combusted once, not entirely sure why, but I suspect I packed the bowl a little too tight. Other than that, the thing is amazing and I have pretty much used it exclusively since.

The only thing I don't like is the 30min heat up time cos I just wanna hit it when I get home from work, but I think a smart plug will sort that issue for me...

Razhumikin

So, I've had my unit a while. I like to keep it on 8 cos I like to vape mostly outside (the rest of the house doesn't mind, it's just a courtesy I do for them. I do bust out the desktops when they want to have some and we all get bent and watch cartoons. Anyway...) and it's perfect for that. Unplug it, step outside, kill the bowl in one hit, back inside and plugged in in less than 2mins. Way quicker than using a portable. Have combusted once, not entirely sure why, but I suspect I packed the bowl a little too tight. Other than that, the thing is amazing and I have pretty much used it exclusively since.

The only thing I don't like is the 30min heat up time cos I just wanna hit it when I get home from work, but I think a smart plug will sort that issue for me...
I use it with a 20 min heat up time, and experience very little lag after that.

PossumMD

I use it with a 20 min heat up time, and experience very little lag after that.
Yeah, I've done it after 20mins too, but it's winter here and it doesn't quite kill a bowl. Close enough for me to not worry about it most of the time as I vape for relief rather than intoxication 90% of the time, but yeah, I've found 30mins to be needed for my usage case (which I know isn't the norm).

Top Bottom