coolbreeze

IMG-1716.jpg

onesixty2

Alright, I'm convinced and willing to bite. Got a few questions first. I read most of the thread, but maybe missed some clarification on some items:

1) What is the purpose of the dynavap stem / bowl workaround? Is that just for a new stem / cooling delivery? I mean, my revolve *would* probably be sexy looking attached to a CL but, if I intend to use this with a water bong, is there a real added value I'm missing from the dynavap compatibility, or just another bowl / stem type to use without a water bong?

2) I see the CL store sells both 14mm & 18mm injector bowls, but i'm not a fan of there being more metal screens. Would a gong attachment like what vgoodiez sell work just as well? This one, for example: https://vgoodiez.com/products/boros...1&_sid=67d9dfdcc&_ss=r&variant=42731964924138 (bonus question: if anyone does have experience with these, which fit for the CL best, normal or XL 14mm?) I currently mostly coarse grind my flower, would the CL necessitate a fine grind, and that's why the SS screen is in place?

3) Gosh, that kingwood split is gorgeous. You did however mention on an Aug 2 post, more wood samples / exotics are on the plan. Any idea when we could get a preview of what those may be? Like the others mentioned, a burl wood would be incredibly special on a piece like this. I still may decide to grab that last kingwood split special edition.. it's really tough to both want to be patient to see more exotic wood offerings, and realize that split might be incredible in-person.

Thanks again for the updates & work put into this.

onesixty2,
Reactions: ibnganja

seanwcouch

Alright, I'm convinced and willing to bite. Got a few questions first. I read most of the thread, but maybe missed some clarification on some items:

1) What is the purpose of the dynavap stem / bowl workaround? Is that just for a new stem / cooling delivery? I mean, my revolve *would* probably be sexy looking attached to a CL but, if I intend to use this with a water bong, is there a real added value I'm missing from the dynavap compatibility, or just another bowl / stem type to use without a water bong?

2) I see the CL store sells both 14mm & 18mm injector bowls, but i'm not a fan of there being more metal screens. Would a gong attachment like what vgoodiez sell work just as well? This one, for example: https://vgoodiez.com/products/boros...1&_sid=67d9dfdcc&_ss=r&variant=42731964924138 (bonus question: if anyone does have experience with these, which fit for the CL best, normal or XL 14mm?) I currently mostly coarse grind my flower, would the CL necessitate a fine grind, and that's why the SS screen is in place?

3) Gosh, that kingwood split is gorgeous. You did however mention on an Aug 2 post, more wood samples / exotics are on the plan. Any idea when we could get a preview of what those may be? Like the others mentioned, a burl wood would be incredibly special on a piece like this. I still may decide to grab that last kingwood split special edition.. it's really tough to both want to be patient to see more exotic wood offerings, and realize that split might be incredible in-person.

Thanks again for the updates & work put into this.
No, the injector is too big of a bowl still. I DM them asking for pics and it looks like the bowl size is more like a 10mm. I don’t know if there is a Dhgate version…

seanwcouch,

GoldenBud

It's a bit confusing because CL works only with 14mm female injector bowl, but the downstem / the male part can be 14mm male/18mm male...take a look at the bowls in the site, they're 14mm both.
the bowl is 14mm female injector, always. the 18mm injector is the famous, common one (elev8r/qaroma/old head bowl)

the 14mm bowl is rare. CL stores it, but vgoodiez doesn't.

coolbreeze

Two on the left are the Couch Log 14mm injector adapters in 14mm and 18mm; third is the 18mm female elev8r adapter with a 14mm joint.
IMG-1728.jpg

14mm female-14mm male>14mm female-18mm male>18mm female-14mm male:
IMG-1729.jpg

--"Convenience": your DV tip mates with the heater natively, if you have them laying around it's quick and easy. The chamber hack just makes it easier to mate and keep aligned/sealed (but is more fussy to load than just sticking your dv to the heater).
--Convection: full convection hits with your DV
--Cooling: various cooling options as you've figured. There are a variety of WPAs for DVs, the cooling stems you've mentioned, glass stems, etc.
--microdosing: the DV tip will hold marginally less weed than the chamber.

There are probably others, chief among them perhaps is to forestall the inevitable day when the siren call of the Woodscents finds you unable to resist.

Last edited:

ChooChooCharlie

Sorry, I gifted away my CouchLog, so can't test with OldHead 14mm injector bowl. Mentioned because I saw Troy using it as his current favorite bowl. But don't think he has a CouchLog, yet

ChooChooCharlie,
Reactions: cosimo

seanwcouch

I was actually able to hack an adapter tonight. Used a 10mm/m to 14mm/f off Amazon. Then used a spare mighty screen or the knock off on Amazon. I used the latter It works perfectly and can watch it get nice and toasty.

You may also need a joint adapter for the smaller 10mm/m end.

Last edited:

rvarick

This is my go-to WPA solution. I took a stock herb chamber and replaced the stock o-ring with a thicker one at the top (to control the depth), and then placed 4 high-temp Dynavap tip-compatible o-rings around the middle. This slides perfectly into a 14mm female joint, in this case a 14F/18M GRAV adapter. I also placed a 0.5” basket screen at the bottom of the adapter to catch debris (or the screen if it comes loose). Then to use with 14mm glass, I use another GRAV 18F/14M adapter.

Last edited:

coolbreeze

This is my go-to WPA solution. I took a stock herb chamber and replaced the stock o-ring with a thicker one at the top (to control the depth), and then placed 3 Dynavap high-temp (tip) o-rings around the middle. This slides perfectly into a 14mm female joint, in this case a 14F/18M GRAV adapter. I also placed a 0.5” basket screen at the bottom of the adapter to catch debris (or the screen if it comes loose). Then to use with 14mm glass, I use another GRAV 18F/14M adapter.

This is awesome! can we see your o-ring arrangement? Do you know what size you used for the big one?

rvarick

This is awesome! can we see your o-ring arrangement? Do you know what size you used for the big one?
Thanks! Below is a pic of my o-ring arrangement. I also want to say the larger one at the top was a 10mm OD/1.9mm thick o-ring. It's only purpose is to keep the chamber from going lower, so I just looked for whatever one I had that would fit snugly around the bottom of the herb chamber without sliding easily over the thicker part at the top.

Sorry, I gifted away my CouchLog, so can't test with OldHead 14mm injector bowl. Mentioned because I saw Troy using it as his current favorite bowl. But don't think he has a CouchLog, yet
It looks like OldHead's 14mm injector bowl only refers to the 14mm joint at the bottom, so it probably wouldn't be compatible bowl-wise with the CL :(. I would still love to find other all-glass WPA options, available stateside at least. Or of course a Dfreez CL bowl is another WPA option.

Last edited:

coolbreeze

Thanks! Below is a pic of my o-ring arrangement. I also want to say the larger one at the top was a 10mm OD/1.9mm thick o-ring. It's only purpose is to keep the chamber from going lower, so I just looked for whatever one I had that would fit snugly around the bottom of the herb chamber without sliding easily over the thicker part at the top.

Awesome, thanks!

coolbreeze,
Reactions: rvarick

olysh pops

I clean the mouthpiece regularly with soap and water.

It's an interesting experience to see the wood get wet and dark, then wipe it off and wait for it to dry; before running a cloth lightly soaked in olive oil over the wood, which will highlight its contrasts and make it shine.

The wood is clean, pleasant to see and to touch; the slight taste of hazelnut/olive that accompanies the first 2 clouds bring a note of season, in the northern hemisphere.

It's a bit like cooking, presentation counts, giving the same care to the ice bang as to the CL, that's when the clouds look best.

:)

ibnganja

PRAISE BE!

I am joining the CL family, mine should be on the way soon.

I just want to say, so far the customer service and communication has been impeccable.

This is going to be my first log vape and I could not be more excited to try her out and explore all of her subtleties.

rvarick

After 3 weeks with my Couchlog, I'm starting to wonder if it's performing correctly; especially in comparison to what's described here with other's units. I've found that I need to set the temperature controller between at least 7-8 to get something closer to full/darker extraction. I also struggle with back-to-back hits (refractory period). Basically I have to hope I fully extract the bowl in the first hit, because if I don't the 2nd won't be able to do it. I've even given up on using my wood Dfreez bowl because it seems to rob too much of the heat to get a proper extraction - even at 7-8. I've played around with my pack, draw speed, etc. The device definitely can pump out some vapor, but I always feel like I'm throwing away un-fully-spent material by the end unfortunately. Anyone else experience anything like this?

rvarick,

GoldenBud

After 3 weeks with my Couchlog, I'm starting to wonder if it's performing correctly; especially in comparison to what's described here with other's units. I've found that I need to set the temperature controller between at least 7-8 to get something closer to full/darker extraction. I also struggle with back-to-back hits (refractory period). Basically I have to hope I fully extract the bowl in the first hit, because if I don't the 2nd won't be able to do it. I've even given up on using my wood Dfreez bowl because it seems to rob too much of the heat to get a proper extraction - even at 7-8. I've played around with my pack, draw speed, etc. The device definitely can pump out some vapor, but I always feel like I'm throwing away un-fully-spent material by the end unfortunately. Anyone else experience anything like this?
firstable I'd check with another power supply (is the CL can be checked with VVPS?)
but I wouldn't go above 6 for full extraction
here's letter never sent's video, 6/10, 0.05gr full extraction
maybe it will help you calibrate the amount of vapor you've got..

steppa

Yes you a describing perfectly how my CL behaves as well.
I did not think I got a faulty unit, but now I'm not sure anymore?
I love the vape still, I just wish I could cash out a bowl without the wait in between hits

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Yes you a describing perfectly how my CL behaves as well.
I did not think I got a faulty unit, but now I'm not sure anymore?
I love the vape still, I just wish I could cash out a bowl without the wait in between hits
I never have a problem with back to back hits. I don't typically do back-to-back bowls, but I don't have to wait five minutes when I do.

I can definitely fully extact below 7, but the darkest duff is up in that range.

I remember @Beefcake@420Eng had said some of the newer units are calibrated differently, but I thought that was hotter. Anyway I only have 1 CL, maybe those with multiple units can weigh in.

Top Bottom