pxl_jockey

Just a dude
If CL was a music artist, what music would it produce? Either way here is the newest album cover...
Love it man! I also love my new CL, it finally made it to me after much faffing about from my local UPS. I honestly couldn’t believe it’s smaller than an Enano and at the same time, the heater seems more powerful/heavier in effects (for me). My best example of this phenomenon is that until this morning, I totally thought that I’d already posted here about getting my CL! :lol: I guess the whole post was all in my head whilst I was up in the clouds :freak:

So I’m very pleased with the new downstairs relaxation & medical device for morning coffee and afternoon tea and evenings watching telly and… I probably won’t turn it off! Its been a wonderful early bday present from my lovely wife, she really does spoil me well beyond the remarkable feat of putting up with me. As someone who doesn’t partake, she likes the looks of the CL and appreciates that it’s not as “sciencey” looking as other heavy hitters in my arsenal :rofl: so I guess that’s a good thing! Big thanks to the guys at 420Engineers for the kickass vape and marital harmony.

TeaCup

If CL was a music artist, what music would it produce? Either way here is the newest album cover...

Kinda reminds me of some Built To Spill albums...................

R-483494-1434219366-5052.jpg
R-483491-1201444721.jpg

danjens

Couchlog has easily become my favorite desktop.
Not only do I give the vape a 10/10 but also the bowls.
They perform as expected with the CL of course, but I have also found them to be my favorite bowls for a couple other desktops in the collection.
Makes for a very nice session to not swap bowls when swapping vapes, and creates opportunity for some interesting temp stepping via multiple devices.

danjens

do you prefer the 18 or 14?
In terms of function, I think they are more or less identical. So if the majority of your pieces are 18mm, you can go wrong with the 18mm bowl.
As far as my preference, I tend to use the 14mm with j hooks with cl from 5-6.5. My day log setup.
In the evening I prefer the 18mm as I’m generally up around 7-8 and using the cl through some of my larger water pieces.

danjens

Thank you! They are out of 14s. Was hoping to grab both, but maybe I’ll wait. What makes this way better than other glass ones available? Curious to know the minute details of why this works so well on all your other teds
I wouldn’t say all my other vapes, just those included in the photo.
The smaller diameter of the glass cl bowl does not let the halo “seat” like a normal injector bowl, rather the glass rim of the heater mates to the glass rim of the bowl, just ever so. The smaller diameter seems to focus the heat better than my other injector bowls, provides almost perfectly even extraction, no stir required.

The metal cl bowl fits the alpha heater perfectly. I had a hard time microdosing or getting uniform extraction with my other underdog bowls/stems. The way the UD heater sits in the cl bowl gives me perfectly even extraction and a bowl better suited for smaller quantities.

buckhakeesah

I wouldn’t say all my other vapes, just those included in the photo.
The smaller diameter of the glass cl bowl does not let the halo “seat” like a normal injector bowl, rather the glass rim of the heater mates to the glass rim of the bowl, just ever so. The smaller diameter seems to focus the heat better than my other injector bowls, provides almost perfectly even extraction, no stir required.

The metal cl bowl fits the alpha heater perfectly. I had a hard time microdosing or getting uniform extraction with my other underdog bowls/stems. The way the UD heater sits in the cl bowl gives me perfectly even extraction and a bowl better suited for smaller quantities.
Perfect, I’ve got similar setups, now I have to grab that CL glass bowl. Is the diameter the same between the 18 and 14? Hope so!

Also, I’m thinking of ordering extra screens for the metal CL bowl( mine keeps falling out), but before I do has anyone found an alternative that works as good? The screen seems specially formed from the maker, so wanted to hear from CL owners/DIY’rs

Last edited:
buckhakeesah,
Reactions: Zillacon

TeaCup

@coolbreeze what's the piece in the middle with the balls?

coolbreeze

@coolbreeze what's the piece in the middle with the balls?
That's a Saturn Cooler from elev8 glass. I think it replaced their fluid-filled ones. You can use it for an elev8r stem with a mouthpiece, whipped to a DBV/SSV, etc. Stays cold for 15 mins or so whipped; like this it warms faster, though it's never really warm due to the length of the path, the glass, residual iciness, etc. I'd switch the order and put the valve above it, but it won't fit on the sherlock itself because it doesn't clear the mouthpiece, it's too fat. I coulda tried something below it but I figured i was already pushing my luck.

You sling a quick link, @TeaCup !

Last edited:

TeaCup

That's a Saturn Cooler from elev8 glass. I think it replaced their fluid-filled ones. You can use it for an elev8r stem with a mouthpiece, whipped to a DBV/SSV, etc. Works great for 15 mins or so whipped; like this it warms faster. I'd switch the order and put the valve above it, but it won't fit on the sherlock itself because it doesn't clear the mouthpiece, it's too fat. I coulda tried something below it but I figured i was already pushing my luck.

You sling a quick link, @TeaCup !

Well, I did say yesterday I wanted all your toys. So today I'm just doing my part. And tomorrow I'm expecting a small part in your will. ;)

unclesugar

I am struggling to get my Couch Log to be able to handle back to back hits. I feel like I have something very wrong with my setup. The power supply I have for it is 6V DC output? Seems odd, i was expecting 12V like Ed's Log. Did i mix up the power supply at some point? It actually hits very nice for the first hit or two, then completely goes dead for about an hour. Seems like I would get zero good hits if ran on 12V and I gave it 6V, but it was the only good theory I could come up with. There really just isn't much to go wrong with a log vape, technique or otherwise, I feel like a bit of a noob with this Couch Log.

Edit: On searching back again I see this controller is not variable voltage at all, its a PWM device. I actually ran the temp controller up and down connected to a DMM and got very little voltage variation, PWM would explain that. Perhaps his PWM board is just a 6V device. I will contact him to see if the board may be overloading or something. It seems to turn off for a while, a thermal overload protector could explain that. If this was a self designed board, it probably wasn't thoroughly tested for vibration, and this poor little guy had a long journey to Oregon from its Motherland.

Last edited:

olysh pops

Hi,

Thanks for all the information and pictures about the CouchLog.
What a beautiful and attractive logvape. It looks very efficient, with low air restriction (especially with the herb chamber).
There are already "made in germany" vaporizer models on the market that are known to be very effective and reliable, I hope the CouchLog is the new kid on the block :)
Has anyone had a chance to try it with hash? If not, any idea on what would prevent it ?

Last edited:

Razhumikin

Hi,

Thanks for all the information and pictures about the CouchLog. What a beautiful and attractive logvape. It looks very efficient, with low air restriction (especially with the herb chamber).
There are already "made in germany" vaporizer models on the market that are known to be very effective and reliable, I hope the CouchLog is the new kid on the block :)
Has anyone had a chance to try it with hash? If not, any idea on what would prevent it ?
I use it with live rosin almost every night. It works very, very well :)

olysh pops

Thank you for introducing me to the "live rosin", I didn't know it yet
I had stopped at the rosin tech, it's like in computer science, things go so fast ;)

Texus

I am struggling to get my Couch Log to be able to handle back to back hits. I feel like I have something very wrong with my setup. The power supply I have for it is 6V DC output? Seems odd, i was expecting 12V like Ed's Log. Did i mix up the power supply at some point? It actually hits very nice for the first hit or two, then completely goes dead for about an hour. Seems like I would get zero good hits if ran on 12V and I gave it 6V, but it was the only good theory I could come up with. There really just isn't much to go wrong with a log vape, technique or otherwise, I feel like a bit of a noob with this Couch Log.

Edit: On searching back again I see this controller is not variable voltage at all, its a PWM device. I actually ran the temp controller up and down connected to a DMM and got very little voltage variation, PWM would explain that. Perhaps his PWM board is just a 6V device. I will contact him to see if the board may be overloading or something. It seems to turn off for a while, a thermal overload protector could explain that. If this was a self designed board, it probably wasn't thoroughly tested for vibration, and this poor little guy had a long journey to Oregon from its Motherland.
That certainly isn't encouraging. And I'd be curious about why a custom PWM design decision was made compared to the VVPS used in most logs, Collylands, Herborizer etc.

If a power supply in a wood matching the Log itself isn't coming anytime soon, hopefully we can see the return of the cheaper power supply option. BTW, prettiest power supply I've seen for a vape has to be the one that Epic makes for their e-Nano. What a beauty (with matching wood/wood trim of your choice).

Top Bottom