Welcome to Fuck Combustion...Tell us about yourself here!

max

Out to lunch
stickstones said:
Welcome lwien! Always ready to have someone older than me here!
Yep. You get the prize (so far anyway) lwien, as the 'old man' of the forum. Stick around (buy a PD ;) ). We could use some more 'old stoners' around here, for balance. :cool:

Will you still need me, will you still feed me,
When I'm sixty-four?

max,

Phaang

Fog Huffer
Hey Iwien you old fart! ;) Nice to know there are mature folk who smoke weed. I'm curious, when you were smoking back in the 60's and 70's, were you smoking leaves like a lot my friends were, or did you have access to bud? If you smoked leaf, when did you first encounter bud, and what was your reaction?
Thanks, and let us know what you think of vaping once you get your PD.

Vape on!

Phaang,
Hello everyone, my name is Rob and I'm glad to have registered here. I currently am not a "vaporist" :/ but I am VERY INTRIGUED on getting one. From all the different forums I've read this one has been the most helpful (and friendliest :D)on getting info. To be honest I've never posted anything on any forums so not only am I a newb to vaporizing but to this whole experience of being in a community.

Thank you to everyone who's taken time to answer FAQ's and in helping me narrow my choices on which vape I will be buying. :brow:

personal_use,

lwien

Hey Phaang. Smoked bud, but man, back in those days, I was doing just about EVERYTHING. A drug garbage disposal, I was. Never crossed the line into needles and heroin though. That was just like.........going to the other side of the tracks, which I never wanted to do, but I did just about everything else. Shrooms, acid, mescaline, peyote, qualuudes, seconal, double-cross whites, black beauties, crystal meth (snorted), coke, etc etc etc. Bud was just part of the menu.....Hell, I was also smoking 3 packs of cigs a day. One day, around '82 I woke up and saw my twin boys, then 1 and half years old crawling around with holes in their pajamas, 'cause I couldn't afford to buy them new ones, and I noticed this as I was putting out lines of coke on the mirror, and I said enough. Stopped EVERYTHING at once, cold turkey, even the cigs. No such thing as rehab back then, I just said fuck it. If I continue doing this, I won't live long enough to see them go to college or get married or see my grandkids. So I just quit, starting going to the gym and running around a track and get back into shape. Didn't do anything, drug wise, for over 25 years, then started smoking bud again a few years ago, but even to this day, an eighth will last me over a month. Real light-weight now.

Wow...........haven't thought about that shit in years. No idea what got me started on that rant, but to answer your question of "what was my reaction to bud when I first encountered it"? I have no fucking idea............:uhoh:

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
yes a seasoned vet ^ glad to have you here man....hope your kids are doing well....I hope they have heard that story :)

:peace:

Hennessy1414,

lwien

Hennessy1414 said:
yes a seasoned vet ^ glad to have you here man....hope your kids are doing well....I hope they have heard that story :)

:peace:
Yeah, Hennessy. I thanked them more than once. At 1 and half years old, they saved my life.

And yeah, they're doing great.

lwien,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Hail and well met, fellow Vapologists!

I am macbill, and I'm just another Bozo on this bus. I'm a retired, 56 year old who grew up in the San Francisco Bay Area during that hippy thing. I was really too young (or lived too far away) to benefit from the free concerts in Golden Gate Park, or the idealism of Haight/Ashbury: we young suburbanite hippy-wanna-bes just indulged in the herbal & chemical aspects of the Age of Aquarious. By the time we could drive up to the City, the Haight had turned already.

I gave up tobacco maybe 10 years ago or more: but I always had a smokers cough because of my herbal indiscretions. Now I'm completely cough-free. Exhalations no longer sound as if a bad orchestra is tuning up.

I purchased my first vaporizer (HotBox) a few years ago. I liked it, but, because I became less attentive the more I used it, I tended to burn the material, which is a very very bad thing (see group name). I purchased a Digital Volcano 18 months ago, and because it is practically idiot-proof, I am like that guy in the penis commercial, you know, with the goofy smile. Lo maximo.

Nevertheless, I travel frequently, and road-worthy vaporizers were hard to come by (I thought) until I stumbled on a pre-order application for the Iinhale. I had problems in the beginning, but after reading the many fine tips and reviews on this site, I can say, "Yes, yes I can."

I've used it in wine tasting rooms and bars (I don't drink), and now I can kind of get shit-faced along with whomever I'm with. I guess that is a good thing. At least I don't have to go outside for a few quick hits. I'm looking forward to the summer, when outdoor concerts fill the land.

macbill

lwien

Welcome, macbill. The demographic of this site has to be the oldest of any cannabis forum out there. AARP should sponsor this site.

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
:lol: Insurance companies should pay for vaporizers.

Welcome aboard, macbill, that's a great story.

vtac,

The_Algebraist

Hey folks, I've posted a few bits here and there but haven't formally introduced myself. I'm 29, live and work in New York City. I'm a painter and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu practitioner. I started smoking herb back in 1997, probably around 1999 or 2000 is when I started to smoke regularly. I am a recent vaporizer convert. I've lived in Boston and Philadelphia for undergraduate and graduate school prior to moving to NYC.

The_Algebraist,

GreenThumb

Greetings fellow Non Combustibulites.:)
Visited here for the first time last week as I had just received my Extreme and wanted more info re it's use. In just the little I've explored so far I've gleaned so much more than what's in the instruction manual.
Thanks to all who have taken the time to educate us on the modes and merits of vaporizing!
A little about me:
I am male and reside in South Western Ontario, Canada, (that patch of ground surrounded by the Great Lakes).
Like many here I'm an ole fart on the wrong side of the half century mark.
I'm plagued with a few of the ole fart diseases so I use the good herb medicinally.
Glad I've now become a member of the Vaporite Gang. :peace:

GreenThumb,

max

Out to lunch
Greetings fellow Non Combustibulites.
Welcome to FC. :wave: Not sure "Non Combustibulites" will be adopted, but it'll pass muster here. :D

In just the little I've explored so far I've gleaned so much more than what's in the instruction manual.
That's one of our main goals here. Glad we could help. You have checked out Stickstones' 'how to use' article haven't you? If not, here's the link- http://www.vaporpedia.com/wiki/How_To_Use_The_Extreme_Vaporizer

Like many here I'm an ole fart on the wrong side of the half century mark.
Maybe instead of the "wrong side", you should call it the 'high side'. :lol:

Glad I've now become a member of the Vaporite Gang.
Since 'Vaporite' is a cheap 'made in China' generic brand, we'll have to let that go, for sure. ;)

max,

duh

I found FC through Weedtracker and lwien. Very very lucky, as this site has been my education. Of course, the more I read, the more choices there are and I may end up having a large vaporizer collection as many do here.

I'm totally, hopelessly, stuck between getting the SSV or the Extreme (PD for sure!). This dilemma came from a funny thread over at WT that I started on what is the best vaporizer that $ can buy. Of course the Volcano won, which made me suspicious. I have used them a few times and love the experience but the pricing is insulting.

As I live in LA, I am hoping to find some shops where I can see them side by side in person. A new site, smoketokes.com, is here in LA and I think I may be able to check them out. Also, I hear that the Venice boardwalk has several shops. I wish there was a directory of vaporizer showrooms - most smoke shops don't sell them!

The coolest new phenomenon here in SoCal is the vaporizer lounges. They're popping up all over and soon there will be bar/lounges as well. With that, it's only a matter of time before more innovation takes place on the vaporizer front and I'm certain we are going to see a lot more models in the future - and a lot more visitors to FC! :D

duh,

tuttle

I have been lurking here for a bit, researching away. Many thanks to all of you for sharing your information. I didn't really try cannabis until late in collage, then moved several states away so lost any of the very feeble connections that I did have. After working out here for quite a while as a draftsperson (a fairly professional atmosphere, so drug use is never really discussed or tolerated at work), I have finally started finding people who share my love of the plant.

I missed smoking weed quite a bit, but decided if I wanted to get back into it, I should choose a delivery system that wasn't so harmful, and a few google searches later, found my way onto FC and the treasure trove of information that it contained. After much reading and viewing product use videos on youtube, I settled on the SSV, and am very much looking forward to firing it up.

Again, many many thanks to the users of this board for so generously sharing the information that you hold, it has been and I am sure will continue to be a fantastic resource.

duh said:
As I live in LA, I am hoping to find some shops where I can see them side by side in person. A new site, smoketokes.com, is here in LA and I think I may be able to check them out.
They ran a craigslist ad last week for $170 SSV in store pickup. I got mine this week (haven't yet had an opportunity to try it, but I did plug it in and it works). They don't have the largest display where you can look at things, most of the stuff on display is really random, like a bunch of air rifles and micro bikes. They are set up as a stall in a large, almost open air market kind of set-up, and all of the vapes are not in the main area but are pulled from some magic back area not connected to the shop stall when you ask for it. They were nice though, but it seemed like a cash only kind of place.

So anyway, you might want to call them to see if they are still offering the craigslist price.

tuttle,

HiC

Hello, everybody. I've been lurking here for the past couple weeks trying to decide on my 2nd vape purchase. I guess this will be my first REAL one as I made the standard newbie mistake of getting a cheap "Noble" knockoff the first time around. I want something more reliable this time that's better-suited to my needs. I only started medicating regularly a year ago and I can already feel my lungs thickening from hitting the bong every day. I'd never been a smoker before and am pretty sensitive about what I put in my body, so I really need to switch over to vaping ASAP. Anyway, thanks for this amazing forum, guys! There's so much info here I'm feeling pretty overwhelmed at the moment. I've still got many more threads to sift through to help narrow down my choices. I'll post another thread later with some specific questions.

HiC,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
:wave: to all the cool new vaporheads.

This bowl's for you. :D

vtac,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Hello to all the new members indeed. I hope to see new faces around soon....

HiC, sick avatar... my buddy use to have a giant poster of that 'Stoned Agin' sequence.... good shit. :D

SpiralArchitect,

HiC

SpiralArchitect said:
HiC, sick avatar... my buddy use to have a giant poster of that 'Stoned Agin' sequence.... good shit. :D
LOL. Seeing the Crumb-inspired "Keep on vapin" graphic on the Purple Days site reminded me of that comic. I found a few different versions of it online, combined them and cleaned it up just for this forum cuz I knew it would get a reaction here :ko:

HiC,

lwien

HiC said:
SpiralArchitect said:
LOL. Seeing the Crumb-inspired "Keep on vapin" graphic on the Purple Days site reminded me of that comic. I found a few different versions of it online, combined them and cleaned it up just for this forum cuz I knew it would get a reaction here :ko:
Man, I've got a whole collection of Zap comics. Great stuff.

lwien,

02llse

Hi fellow FC'ers. I'm new to vaping, but just really wanted a way to smoke the reefer without deducing from my fitness lifestyle.

02llse,

aterphasma

Well. I suppose this is as good a place as any to make an introduction, since new topics are unnecessary for such things.

My current residence--a college dorm room right across the hall from my RA--is in WA and my summer home is Portland, OR.

I'm not exactly new to vaping, but I've never owned one of my own and the one vape I was able to use regularly, a Volcano Classic, was always set between 3.5 and 4.5 so I don't know if I was getting the full hits people talk about here. Right now I'm reading and trying to decide which vape to get and when, whether now during the school year or later during summer when I have a job.

Aaanyway, I quite like everything I've read here so far and look forward to getting some experience which I can pass on to anyone who needs it.

Cheers

aterphasma,

jklasd

I have been here a few months but never introduced myself. I live near Toronto, Ontario. I am 20 years old, soon to be 21, been smoking for 3 years, vaping for 1. I was a student at durham college before i dropped out, and should be going back in septemper for a different course. My first vape was a chinese piece of shit, which broke after a month of usage. I then owned an SSV (after doing about 2 weeks of research on MJ.com, which i thank everyone there for my questions, mainly spiral, beezled and tokinGLX) which i had for nearly 8 months when a terrible, yet completely idiotic move on my part, happened and i had to get rid of it ASAP. Then order a PD about a couple days later and waiting on it to show up.

jklasd,
Top Bottom