Welcome to Fuck Combustion...Tell us about yourself here!

NOTaPERVERT

hey everybody whats going on. I usualy just go on forums to do research, but this one had such a good vibe, I had to join up. I am from the wine county, and I am into all sorts of things, including vaporizing. I started vaping in highschool on a vap I made out of an old lamp, a pickle jar, and some tubing and bubblegum. pretty ghetto, but I have recently graduated to the extreme. keep it real guys, Ill be around.

NOTaPERVERT,

dtkenmo

Ken Moren
Greetz everyone! I just joined today, being led here by (of course) vape research. Buying an Extreme shortly as a result of the research but coulda saved a shitload o' time if I'd come here first :lol:

i'm an XX year old electronic prototyping tech, but have worked in many hardware-related tech fields with a brief stint as a network/Internet admin. I'm not gonna say what number the XX stands for but sure as hell ain't Roman numerals :lol: Let's just say I'm some kinda old fart... smoked my first weed in 1968. Up in the Yukon, no less.

I seem to be into a lot of stuff that makes me fit better with people 20-30 years younger than me... those my age seem to be into what they liked in their teens & twenties and haven't progressed with the times, me, I'm always checking out what's new & trying new things, same as I did at 20.

While I have wide-ranging musical tastes, these days it's downtempo electronica, acid jazz, triphop & other chillout subgenres and for partying, psytrance. Also, when hittin' the bong or vape I sometimes crave reggae or dub. But I can just as easily find myself listening to alt-rock, folk, prog-rock or mainstream jazz & diggin' it :D

First experienced a vape a couple of years back when a well-heeled friend got a Volcano... cool! Price... not so cool :o

Also not so cool: another friend bought a locally (Vancouver) made piece o' crap called the "BC Vaporizer" comprising a plastic base which held a cheap Hong Kong made 110V soldering iron modified to heat a small copper cup in which the herb was placed. Unit had *no* temperature control and would eventually get too hot & incense the herb.

In the plastic base was affixed a small pickle jar lid, into which was screwed, you guessed it, a small pickle jar :o ...which served to contain the vapor issuing from the cup on the end of the soldering iron heater. A short whip 6-8" (15-20cm) protruded from the side of the base; the only entry for the air you were to draw from the whip was a little hole on the opposite side of the base.

As there was no mechanism to move the vapor from the warmer upper chamber (pickle jar) down to the cooler base, the unit was largely ineffective. Nevertheless, local head shops continue to flog these to those looking for economy in vaporizers ...and turning off a lot of people to the idea of a vaporizer. The whole thing looked like made by an amateur and worked worse than it looked. Luckily I had first experienced the Volcano and at least had a point of reference of something functional.

So I think there should be a thread here about vapes to avoid... maybe there already is... I haven't finished going through all the threads.

dtkenmo,

bongoman

Hey there dtkenmo - welcome to the motherlode of pure, no bullshit vapor information...I'm pretty new here myself but from the way you describe yourself and your interests, I think you're gonna like it here :)

Some great people here who know what they're talking about and definitely the most unadultered source of vaporiser information, free from spam, hype and marketing crap.

I'm not an Extreme user but it seems to be one of the cream of the crop units here at FC amongst vapor aficionados and no doubt you are digging through the number of Extreme threads here.

bongoman,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Hey there, dtkenmo! Always nice to see Vancouver in the house, as well as cool people, which you sound like. :)

Definitely take your time and read some threads here, there's plenty of good info on many top vapes. Even the unfortunately (for B.C.) named BC Vaporizer. If you want the ability to blow balloons, the Extreme is a solid choice, many satisfied owners here.

:peace: :wave:

vtac,

Ven

Praying Mantis
Hey guys, Ven here.

About myself, hmm well I'm 18, I work 9-5 as a PC Technician and Vinyl Graphics design (Cars, signs, etc), then I work 6-12 as a manager at McDonalds. I have a rare form of insomnia that not only makes it difficult to sleep, but my body feels no negative effects due to lack of sleep, so I'm under constant medical attention. Basically, I never feel like going to bed, I only do it because I have to, and forcing yourself to sleep is NOT easy :lol:. I can go for 2-3 days without sleep before my muscles start to act up, basically I won't feel tired but my body will be feeling the effects heavily, if you've ever been knocked out, imagine that feeling, except when you fall over you're still awake :uhoh:.

So yeah, I have sleeping pills (more like coma pills...), that when I take I feel like complete shit for the next couple of days as my body tries to catch up, I started smoking (now vaping :)) weed about a year ago and I find it is ALOT better then the pills they give me (Don't worry..I am completely healthy and would never substitute marijuana for a doctor's opinion :p).

So yeah, since I'm never tired I easily work 15 hours a day without complaint, so I do tend to indulge in my three guilty pleasures:

1)
civic1lk4.jpg

2)
gamingrigtv3.jpg

3)
(Of course)
vapels9.jpg

I look forward to hanging out with all of you on FC!

Ven,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Ven, that is an amazing story. I look forward to hearing more about what you go through. The thought of never getting tired sounds awesome, but then your body tanks on you...amazing.

I knew someone who had a child that could feel no pain. Sounds cool enough, until you realize that when he grabs the pan out of the oven with his bare hands, his hands get burned just like yours and mine except he doesn't feel it. So he is more susceptible to serious injury because his body doesn't tell him when to stop. Sounds similar in concept to your insomnia, no?

stickstones,

Ven

Praying Mantis
stickstones said:
Ven, that is an amazing story. I look forward to hearing more about what you go through. The thought of never getting tired sounds awesome, but then your body tanks on you...amazing.

I knew someone who had a child that could feel no pain. Sounds cool enough, until you realize that when he grabs the pan out of the oven with his bare hands, his hands get burned just like yours and mine except he doesn't feel it. So he is more susceptible to serious injury because his body doesn't tell him when to stop. Sounds similar in concept to your insomnia, no?
Yeah, doctor's mentioned a nerve disorder similar to mine that involved pain, not getting tired has it's advantages, but some serious setbacks. I used to always win the 3000m in elementary school because I could sprint the whole thing, but i'd usually puke and blackout right after.

Ven,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Damn Ven, that is tight dude... I wish I had that kind of determination when I was 18. I was busy getting fucked up and making bad decisions. :(

What are the specs on your PC, and do you game? I just got back into TF2 lately... fucking love that game. I'm kinda a computer nerd myself, well, I really like technology in general, work IT.

Sick whip too. :brow:

SpiralArchitect,

FACEMACHINE

hey, noobie here, from toronto

jsut got my vaporcannon today and im arleady in love, i was NOT expecting such a huge step up in efficiency! not to mention i have all this vapor poo to make into oil, and then make that into food....:brow:

FACEMACHINE,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
nice !I'm always happy to see some other canadien on fc !!! yes use a vaporiser is super efficient !!! :ko:

welcome Facemachine !!

Clear_Dome,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
FACEMACHINE said:
hey, noobie here, from toronto

jsut got my vaporcannon today and im arleady in love, i was NOT expecting such a huge step up in efficiency! not to mention i have all this vapor poo to make into oil, and then make that into food....:brow:
you will love it here! you'll prolly add more vapes to your soon to be collection....:lol:

:peace: brotha see you round the posts

Hennessy1414,

TheTree

Hey guys,

I should introduce myself. I just posted in another thread and I have been a lurker for a few moons. I greatly appreciate everyones advice and the informations you have all provided about the vaping world!

I have an Extreme and think it is quite grand indeed. I'm from Australia, I'm 21 and philosophy is my major passion (along with cannabis and vapes!), I really appreciate the works of Germans like Hegel, Nietzsche, Heidegger and also people like Evola and Traditionalist thinkers. On the other hand, I am very fond of Asiatic philosophies and religions (Buddhism, Hinduism, Tantra etc etc.).

420!

TheTree,

TheTree

Thanks for the welcome. It is good to see more Aussie vaporists! All of my mates gave me shit when I spent $130 on a glass bong let alone the vape costs, they still use the olde Gatorade bottle. Uhhhhhhhg.

TheTree,

bsandhu

im from british columbia canada 18 yearsold plumbing apprentice
been toking for 4 years now(11 months non stop and 5 of those months have been vaporizing with vtower's)

bsandhu,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
Aight guys(and gals)

this has been my most favorite place for information, aside from growing forums, on the internet to date. When thinking about dropping upwards of $100 on a product you would expect some background info. on the item at hand...with vaporizer information(usually the lesser known ones) its hard to decipher what to get and the ways to use it...this forum has totally shattered any vapor info online with credible knowledge and smart contributions from all members across the board.

thanks everyone for letting me make an informed decision on my Extreme vaporizer and my purple days experience

what would I be without the two loves of my life (soon to be the VHW)

what a 420th post :o its been stony fellas.....lets get even higher :ko:

:peace:

pd.gif
pd.gif
pd.gif

pd.gif
pd.gif

pd.gif
pd.gif

pd.gif
pd.gif

pd.gif
pd.gif
pd.gif

pd.gif

pd.gif

pd.gif

pd.gif

pd.gif
pd.gif

pd.gif
pd.gif

pd.gif

pd.gif
pd.gif

pd.gif
pd.gif

Hennessy1414,

youdontknowme

Somehow I missed this thread in my school break fueled boredom that has led me to triple my post count in the last few days. I've been lurking on FC for a good little while but now its safe to say I'm in the thick of it.

I am youdontknowme aka YDKM, and I'm addicted to weed. Sometimes I don't think thats a joke at all.

I go to school for Robotics Engineering and Computer Science (specializing in embedded systems) but enjoy programming of all sorts. When I'm not developing software or messing with computers/hardware you can probably find me doing macro-photography, obsessing about audio, or eating junk food.

I'm from and live in my favorite city in he world, Atlanta, though this isn't to say I haven't traveled across the nation and across the globe. Though born in '89 I've been through 3 passports, first leaving the country before I could even speak my first words (mother is a flight attendant). The only place I haven't traveled in is Asia.

I love hip-hop/rap or whatever you wanna call it. I'm more partial to commercial/mainstream/pop rap as opposed to indi rappers (definitely not too proud to admit it), but especially rap from Atlanta or the Dirty South in general. That being said I have much love for most rap, with some of my favorite out-of-state rappers being NaS, Lil Wayne, Wu-Tang esp. Ghostface Killah and ODB, Little Brother, and Madvillain.

I love vaporizing but usually smoke everyday too. They're both pretty fun.

I love peaches and things peach flavored. I don't eat vegetables, no, not at all. Yes, I eat french fries. I like having intelligent discussions on philosophy, spirituality & religion, and politics, but not necessarily when I'm high. Won't be to long-winded about my opinions but I guess I'll give just one or two 'sampler' subtopics for each, in order: objectivism, Deism/Pantheism, and anarcho-capitalism/e-democracy. All of these have Wikipedia articles, fwiw. PS. I'm not an anarchist at all, but free markets are whats up.

Want something to read? Try this: http://faculty.msb.edu/hasnasj/gtwebsite/MythFinalDraft.pdf <--- heads up, pdf.

Other than that, if you have some money to give out shoot me a PM.

1Love

youdontknowme,

Perkins

Hello Im 43 years old and from New York ..no not NYC which is dragging our fine state down .Im a conservative and I have 2 vapes A SSV and an Extreme .Both of which Im found of .
I enjoy to buy and use custom glass vape parts and nice bongs too.
I whish everybody peace and good health .

Perkins,
Top Bottom