Discontinued Vaporblunt 2.0 & VB 2.0 DLX

deadheadbill

I can see clearly now the smoke is gone...
I have and like both. I think for stealth DV has the advantage, for battery life and bowl size VB. I think the display and controls are easier to deal with for new guys on VB, the 'battery meter' definitely better.

Both are good units IMO, neither ideal, either will serve well.

OF

Thanks OF based on your input and my research, I went ahead and ordered the Vaporblunt.

deadheadbill,
Reactions: OF

deadheadbill

What do you mean by "red-headed step child of the vb family"? The VB2.0 is the best, most powerful machine in our product line. The Pinnacle is new, so everyone is drooling over it, but they are not very similar when comparing the two. I posted in the pinnacle thread the when someone asked me why the would buy vb2.0 over pinnacle, it lists the major differences. You shouldn't feel like a red headed step child, the VB2 is extremely well received!

That was me in that thread and thank you. That helped me narrow it down to either the VB 2.0 or Davinci. I ended up ordering a VB 2.0 after reviewing all the options.

deadheadbill,

deadheadbill

So, I got mine yesterday and have run it through it's paces a few times and here are my thoughts.

Let's get the cons out of the way.
It was bigger than I expected and as such wasn't nearly as inconspicuous as I had hope.
It reeks, I thought the Iolite and the MFLB stank, but dude.
The lights are impossible to see in the daylight. I was out today and couldn't see any of the lights. Had to pull over and cup my hands over it to see if it was on.
I haven't been able to get clouds from it. see below.

Pros.
Ergonomically, it is awesome. While it is a little big, it also sexy as hell.
Heat up time is fabulous.
Although, I could not blow very big clouds, it got me way stoned.
On a tiny amount of weed, this thing is efficient!
Unit itself is sturdy and seems to be bulletproof.
The stirring thingy, amazing revolution.
Battery life has been great, only down one bar since yesterday.

I think this will be the perfect vape for me, or me and the wife to share at the beach, in the car etc. I love the way it it conserves my weed, it's ease of use and it's ability to get me buzzed.

Btw, I just finished a bowl before writing this, so my vocabulary and sentence structure are a little lacking. :)

deadheadbill,
Reactions: grokit

grokit

well-worn member
So, I got mine yesterday and have run it through it's paces a few times and here are my thoughts.

Let's get the cons out of the way.
It was bigger than I expected and as such wasn't nearly as inconspicuous as I had hope.

Although, I could not blow very big clouds, it got me way stoned.
:)

The size is why I'll probably hold onto my PAX, I consider the VB2 to be more of a transportable (my rationale for having two portables) than a portable -- the PAX is much more stealth.

I do have a love/hate relationship with the PAX so far but I'm starting to appreciate it a bit more. Even so I would love to try a Davinci Ascent as a pocketable alternative.

Hopefully your clouds will get thicker with improved technique? For myself, the main tradeoff for the VB2's size compared to the PAX is that it should be a much easier draw and more versatility, particularly its ability to mate with HT attachments.

But thicker clouds would be a huge bonus :science:
I'm really looking forward to it:popcorn:

grokit

well-worn member
Has anybody stealthed one of these into a sippy cup? It seems like it would work if we could get a straight glass tube out of it... It could be especially cool if the bottom was cut out for the stirring cap.

Is this workable or am I missing something here?

grokit,

grokit

well-worn member
How bout a grown man, looking like he's drinking from a sippy cup. It would be fine for toddlers and small children I would imagine, but you shouldn't have to go that far to get them to nap and not very good parenting either imo. :lmao:

Okay how about a big gulp then smartass :p

grokit

well-worn member
I'm with you lets just go with a nice short 14mm pong as the theme I was hoping for was to make the thing shorter and still have a small short glass. This thing is more than a bit too tall now adding another adapter 18mm to 14 mm for the purpose of using a smaller shorter glass seems counter productive IMO.
Is there any chance of you just coming out with a screw on 14mm Pong adapter made to look like the 18mm..?
Like the WT but it is just too darn tall..... it has come so close to taking a tumble its not even funny...

3) is the adater for existing pipes that the 2.0 comes with, a ground glass joint and if so will it be availble in 14, 18mm etc...?

18mm. We do not have a 14mm coming out, but if I get demand I can produce it rather quickly

Thank you for all the kind words. I will work on a video this week, I will also get the details of battery life and post that by tomorrow. The 14mm adapter is not going to be out for until February, it was kind of an afterthought being our water tool uses 18mm.

Just want to chime in with another request for a 14mm adapter.

I was really hoping to be able to use 14mm accessories without having to go through multiple adapters, based on the information not only in this thread but on the Vaporblunt website. I'm disappointed not only in the fact that it's well past February and nothing has been announced, but also by the fact that the 14mm adapter on the Vaporblunt website fails to specify that it is made to ft the Pinnacle and not the Vaporblunt. The only reason I didn't order it is that I wasn't able to because their website was having issues; I then found out by telephone that it wasn't the part that was supposed to be out by February anyways.

All I'm asking for is an update as to whether or not this adapter is ever coming out. Because of the overwhelming consensus in this very thread that the VB 2.0 benefits from a lighter draw, it should come as no surprise that this smaller diameter adapter is in demand. Even though its usefulness was not anticipated by the manufacturer, it should be readily apparent now.

Every day that it is delayed does the VB 2.0 a disservice, as I agree with Old School that it's necessary to have a 14mm direct adapter cap for the VB 2.0.

Frankly what I find puzzling is that a 14mm adapter cap should have been available for the original VB as well.
:hmm:

grokit,

TherealVaporblunt

Manufacturer
Just want to chime in with another request for a 14mm adapter.

I was really hoping to be able to use 14mm accessories without having to go through multiple adapters, based on the information not only in this thread but on the Vaporblunt website. I'm disappointed not only in the fact that it's well past February and nothing has been announced, but also by the fact that the 14mm adapter on the Vaporblunt website fails to specify that it is made to ft the Pinnacle and not the Vaporblunt. The only reason I didn't order it is that I wasn't able to because their website was having issues; I then found out by telephone that it wasn't the part that was supposed to be out by February anyways.

All I'm asking for is an update as to whether or not this adapter is ever coming out. Because of the overwhelming consensus in this very thread that the VB 2.0 benefits from a lighter draw, it should come as no surprise that this smaller diameter adapter is in demand. Even though its usefulness was not anticipated by the manufacturer, it should be readily apparent now.

Every day that it is delayed does the VB 2.0 a disservice, as I agree with Old School that it's necessary to have a 14mm direct adapter cap for the VB 2.0.

Frankly what I find puzzling is that a 14mm adapter cap should have been available for the original VB as well.
:hmm:

We have had an 18/14 adapter for sale since march. I just noticed it isn't on the website, but we have them in stock. Contact customer service and ask for a vb 2.0 18/14 reducer.

TherealVaporblunt,

grokit

well-worn member
Thanks for getting back to me TRVB.

18/14 adapters are a dime a dozen. That's not what I asked about, sorry if I was unclear. It looks like I misread the quoted posts, you are correct they were referring to the adapter.

But just to make this perfectly clear, there will be no screw-on direct 14mm PonG cap for the Vaporblunt, is this correct?

grokit,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
A little help please:huh:. I never used oils or anything like it. I had some stuff someone made for me I have no idea what it is. It was in a piece of plastic wrap.
4yEk4em.jpg
My question is I put some in the vb2 not easily, put it on the top light, put on the glass and it is very airy. I did eventually get vapor but it was so airy it hurt my head. Remember I have zero experience with this stuff. I tried without the white teflon as well but the seal is not tight. I felt almost like you feel when you hyperventilate. What do I need to do to make this work better or is that how it is suppose to work. Here is the pic with the stuff in the vb2. It is as clear as I can get it. TIA for your help.
q2pl5Y6.jpg

Dreamerr,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
A little help please:huh:. I never used oils or anything like it. I had some stuff someone made for me I have no idea what it is. It was in a piece of plastic wrap. My question is I put some in the vb2 not easily, put it on the top light, put on the glass and it is very airy. I did eventually get vapor but it was so airy it hurt my head. Remember I have zero experience with this stuff. I tried without the white teflon as well but the seal is not tight. I felt almost like you feel when you hyperventilate. What do I need to do to make this work better or is that how it is suppose to work. Here is the pic with the stuff in the vb2. It is as clear as I can get it. TIA for your help.
q2pl5Y6.jpg
I don't think you should chance it.

I like it BLONDE.

Careful Headache's might be an indication that it is not well purged?
Sept-14-Dish-full-of-Wax003.jpg

Dreamerr

I still need my question answered please, so if I get other stuff or a recipe to make something. So you suggest throw it in the garbage?

Dreamerr,

TherealVaporblunt

Manufacturer
I still need my question answered please, so if I get other stuff or a recipe to make something. So you suggest throw it in the garbage?

I wouldn't smoke that. I've seen a lot of bho and its always yellow/blonde. The only thing it may be is reclaim to justify that color. How do you like your 2.0?

Thanks for getting back to me TRVB.

18/14 adapters are a dime a dozen. That's not what I asked about, sorry if I was unclear. It looks like I misread the quoted posts, you are correct they were referring to the adapter.

But just to make this perfectly clear, there will be no screw-on direct 14mm PonG cap for the Vaporblunt, is this correct?

No, there isn't a screw on in the plans currently, but I will check into costs and add it if its reasonable.

TherealVaporblunt,

Herbal Ant

It does look like reclaim, why would Dreamerr throw it out? If you want to use the VB 2.0 for that, you should plug it in and heat it up first then drop some dabs in there instead of filling it up, works way better. It just can't put out the necessary heat to vape the oil imo, unless it's plugged in and you use a small amount.

Herbal Ant,

Dreamerr

For sure I know it isn't reclaim but again it was made for me so maybe it isn't purged correctly. I will ask the guy that made it what he did again and report back. Even if I use my own reclaim which I will be iso-ing and evaping soon I still don't get good hits as it is very airy so I was wondering what I was doing wrong.

TRVB, I am still playing with it and don't have a real opinion yet. I did lend it out and that person loved it. For me so far I think the air flow is sooooooooooo much that it gives me a headache but I don't want to make an opinion till I am done playing. Some vapes take longer then others to work out there idiosyncrasies. I am going to try a bit of cotton to help that airflow as was suggested earlier in this thread.

The great is the battery life is amazing.

Dreamerr,

grokit

well-worn member
No, there isn't a screw on in the plans currently, but I will check into costs and add it if its reasonable.

Thanks again. I have decided to go a different way for a portable vaporizer, but I will keep this little Pinnacle watertube because I love it. I may re-visit the VB2 if that adapter comes out, or perhaps I will consider the Pinnacle Pro if that ever materializes instead.

grokit,

Dunii

Three of the four "feet" that hold the center of my replacement stirring knob have broken off. This is exactly what happened to the original knob. Is anyone else having this issue? I talked to VB, but they aren't going to replace the replacement knob. They offered to give me a coupon to BOBO the knobs. I probably will need two knobs in the next 6 months, because I've already had two fail on me, but I don't think I should have to pay for replacement parts on a unit that is still under warranty. I know I come to this thread to bitch a lot, but I feel my grievances are valid.

Also, does anyone else's screens get torn if they try to twist the stirring knob while the knob is screwed in all the way? I have to unscrew my knob a half turn before I can do any stirring. I actually destroyed my first factory screen during the very first usage of my VB 2.0, because I tried to stir with the knob screwed in all the way.

Dunii,

deadheadbill

This thing is amazing. I typed a whole page of new info and accidentally hit the back button. I'm not typing all that shit again. But it basically said "this thing is the shit".

OF

This thing is amazing. I typed a whole page of new info and accidentally hit the back button. I'm not typing all that shit again. But it basically said "this thing is the shit".

I know that one.....what is needed is an 'aw, SHIT!' key. Sometimes using the 'forward, back to where we were' arrow will save you by having the text in buffer and reloading it......

Yes, I've done it enough to figure that part out.

Otherwise, you're dead right VB2 is a serious tool, able to do some amazing duty given the chance. IMO no owner of one is poorly equipped.

OF

OF,
Top Bottom