Discontinued Vaporblunt 2.0 & VB 2.0 DLX

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
OF oh wise one please tell me how. TIA I read this thread twice and I still can't get this thing working to satisfaction. I get very frustrated that I am just sucking in outside air and that gives me a headache.

deadheadbill

I can see clearly now the smoke is gone...
OF oh wise one please tell me how. TIA I read this thread twice and I still can't get this thing working to satisfaction. I get very frustrated that I am just sucking in outside air and that gives me a headache.

A few things i have found to work for me are:

Don't grind too fine. I find a "scissor" cut works better for me than a MFLB fine grind.
Heat all the way to max, then back it down to the desired temp.
Either do the old, breathe threw your nose trick or take a mini hit, wait a couple seconds take another repeat...

With the VB 2.0 you have to sit back and relax, don't rush it. It's not like a LSV where you can just bend it to your will. You have to tease it a bit.

Dreamerr

I do relax when I medicate as I do it while I am watching tv or whatever but will try to heat to max and back it back down and see if that helps. I don't use a fine fine grind...I put it in the scs and turn a few times so it is fluffy but I will try a scissor to see if that helps. Thanks deadhead.

OF

Mine needs a thorough cleaning before I use her again
She is REALLY gunked up inside

It's been a while since I've gone into it, but I find taking the two screws out of the end cover and taking it off lets you pull the SS stem out and clean it separately and it makes cleaning the bowl easier.

DHB offers some good suggestions. I find a modest pack helps a lot, as does using the stir knob every couple of hits. Heat seems to transfer slowly to me, extra time for recovery between hits and taking it slower on the draw also help. In the end it does a really through job of extracting I think, you can roast your bud to anything up to 'dark coffee' if you've a mind to.

FWIW I think some guys get in trouble by not leaving room for the end of the cap to enter the bowl. If you look you'll note the metal part with the holes goes inside taking up space along with the blade for stirring the load. So, while I pack it a bit, I leave a gap at the top so it doesn't get mashed in when the cap is screwed down.

OF

deadheadbill

using the stir knob every couple of hits. Heat seems to transfer slowly to me, extra time for recovery between hits and taking it slower on the draw also help. In the end it does a really through job of extracting I think, you can roast your bud to anything up to 'dark coffee' if you've a mind to.

100% agree with this. Forgot the stir knob part, but the rest is what I was trying to say, just not as eloquently. :) Also, the thorough extraction is one of my favorite features of this vape.

deadheadbill,
Reactions: OF

Dreamerr

So basically fill the basket half way to three quarters and don't pack it tight? I never had a problem turning the stir knob if that helps at all with my issue. I will try it later tonight cause today is solo/PN for daytime as I am about to go out.

Dreamerr,

OF

So basically fill the basket half way to three quarters and don't pack it tight? I never had a problem turning the stir knob if that helps at all with my issue. I will try it later tonight cause today is solo/PN for daytime as I am about to go out.

Depending on the bud and grind I fill the basket then gently push it down packing it some making sure I end up well under the rim with my 'fingertip dimple' in the top of the load. If I get too much I dump it back in my palm, fluff it up, and go again with a little less. If it's too low after tamping it down some I put a bit more in. The more material you can get inside (within reason) the more mass will go into production for you. You don't want to restrict flow so much that vapor escape is blocked of course, nor interfere with the stir action, but up to that point 'more's better'.

Remember, as it dries out it'll pack down on it's own.....it's going to loosen up when you stir.

IMO this is one of those vapes you need to spend a little 'quality time' with while not using others....helps in getting to know one another. Compared to say Solo I see it as more 'high strung', capable of outstanding service by pretty narrow in the conditions it'll do well with. I'm not sure why that is, but I think the size and shape of the bowl is involved. Not only do more spherical bowls have more volume for the same area but smaller ones will have more surface for the volume than large (the reason small animals have to eat so much). In our case here Solo benefits by design of the size and shape of the bowl perhaps?

OF

Breathemetal

It is truly amazing what a thorough cleaning will do!
Thanks to OF for the tips on unscrewing the front cap and taking the SS tube out. Man was she gunked up! :puke:

But!!!! She is working splendidly now! :clap:

Where can i snag a HT for it?

Breathemetal,

Dunii

I'll be submitting a consumer complaint to the Better Business Bureau tomorrow if my issues don't get resolved satisfactorily. Vapor Blunt already has one complaint against them on the BBB website for warranty and guarantee issues.
I can sorta understand them not replacing my charger, but they have also said that it's their bosses "CHOICE" to not replace my stir knob a second time. They can CHOOSE to not honor the warranty? Wow, who wouldn't be pissed if their car broke down twice with the same bad part and the second time they were told that the car dealership chose to not replace the part, and it would be up to the consumer to pay for the part? Obviously the parts I have received are defective, or they wouldn't break. Anyway, I love the quality of the vapor that I get from this device, but I'm sorely disappointed in the service I have received thus far.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I still need my question answered please, so if I get other stuff or a recipe to make something. So you suggest throw it in the garbage?
It depends on your situation?
I was using my ABV to make POLLEN PELLETS.
However since I Chase Flavor so I make them with only Fresh Ingredients these days.
I prefer my meals fresh just as I find Vaporizing Fresh Cannabis more enjoyable.
Stale anything is not a option in my case due to my sensitive taste!

That is why I don't have 1,000 different vaporizers looking for CLOUDS.

Flavor Chasing is Cheaper and less expensive than chasing clouds.
It does cost money however so does everything your passionate about!

However some like the ABV stuff?
I tried however I'm back to better ingredients! (FRESH)

ABV = It's already been vaped!

That's why I keep my glass clean as I can.
The flowers taste better.

I'll PM you a Formula.
It's up you to provide the ingredients!

Sorry to HiJack this tread!

OF

I'll be submitting a consumer complaint to the Better Business Bureau tomorrow if my issues don't get resolved satisfactorily. Vapor Blunt already has one complaint against them on the BBB website for warranty and guarantee issues.
I can sorta understand them not replacing my charger, but they have also said that it's their bosses "CHOICE" to not replace my stir knob a second time. They can CHOOSE to not honor the warranty? Wow, who wouldn't be pissed if their car broke down twice with the same bad part and the second time they were told that the car dealership chose to not replace the part, and it would be up to the consumer to pay for the part? Obviously the parts I have received are defective, or they wouldn't break. Anyway, I love the quality of the vapor that I get from this device, but I'm sorely disappointed in the service I have received thus far.
Two in a row? Over how long a use? Many of us have a lot of miles on ours and haven't had problems. I suspect that the root of this is overloading the bowl. Screws are powerful, I can see how this might happen if the cap was tightened down too firmly? Any chance of that?

It's my understanding that yes, they can choose to not give you a second replacement. I'm a bit surprised they didn't offer another unless there's more to the story, but I can also see how if they thought it was the result of abuse or operator error that's not covered? In any event, I'd think they'd sell you a new one at least.......

I think you'll find that Toyota also has policies about 'return customers' when it comes to free repairs they don't see as 'defects in materials, manufacturing or workmanship'.

Good luck, but with threats flying I suspect it's past resolution. Too bad, IMO a neat machine. Sorry it's not working out for you. You might consider a Solo, similar but no stir cap?

OF

Breathemetal

Irrational pissed off newbz make me chuckle.

mod note: You are walking a fine line here. We have a rule about being nice to newbies. Don't break it.

Breathemetal,

deadheadbill

The turn knob is only held on by 4 little plastic pieces. So I can see where it might be a weak point. However with proper consideration, I don't think it should break easily.

I never twist it while at max temp as the plastic is bound to be hot. I never twist it until after a couple hits, so all the product is dried and "loose". I never overfill and then clamp the cap down. I give it a slight "test" turn to make sure it isn't bound by material before twisting back and forth..

I've only had mine for a few weeks, but it shows no sign of being ready to break. Knock on wood.

deadheadbill,

Dunii

I don't feel that I'm being irrational about this. I've had daily experience with the VB 2.0 since January, and this is the only vaporizer I've used since I got it. I know how much to load. I leave enough space for the metal disc thing with holes in it to fit down inside the screen. I did quite a bit of reading before I purchased a portable vape without ever posting here on the forums. Those are all very good tips deadheadbill, and that's basically the method I employ.

Edit: Just saw OF's post. If they felt I was abusing or misusing the device, I think they should have expressed those feelings and offered tips to avoid further misuse. My first knob lasted 5 months and I figured out how much to pack within the first day of owning the unit. I probably did overpack the first bowl, but that doesn't excuse the turn screw thingy sticking down so far that it can rip the screen when the knob is tightened down all the way. I probably should have returned it at that point for replacement, but I decided to work around that by unscrewing the knob slightly before turning the material.

OF

I probably did overpack the first bowl, but that doesn't excuse the turn screw thingy sticking down so far that it can rip the screen when the knob is tightened down all the way. I probably should have returned it at that point for replacement, but I decided to work around that by unscrewing the knob slightly before turning the material.

Thanks for the additional information. This is the first mention of "the turn screw thingy sticking down so far that it can rip the screen" which changes things a bit IMO. If the screen is out of place enough for that to happen (clearly not a usual thing) I'd naturally expect to wreck the next and subsequent caps until that part was set straight.

I suggest you contact them hat in hand and point that out to them (perhaps even send a photo of the scrapes on the bowl?). That should qualify for another screen and new cap IMO.

However, from the sounds of it it's not a defect in the caps if they're snagging the screen? The knob is supposed to turn free and easy or you're forcing something that shouldn't be.

OF

Breathemetal

What ever happened to the Pro version, or was that the Pinnacle Pro? Hmm.

Oh. Where can i buy the attachment (18mm i believe?) for a HT
I dont want to purchase their HT kit, i just want the adapter

Breathemetal,
Reactions: grokit

grokit

well-worn member
What ever happened to the Pro version, or was that the Pinnacle Pro? Hmm.

Oh. Where can i buy the attachment (18mm i believe?) for a HT
I dont want to purchase their HT kit, i just want the adapter

It was the Pinnacle Pro, but no word as far as I can tell on whether it actually exists or not.

It's the same with the screw-on 14mm VB pong adapter. You can get the 18mm adapter from their website, unfortunately it looks like you have to buy it with an adapter for the original VB as well at a cost of $36.

To add insult to injury in the above scenario, a replacement stir cap is $38. But hey a user-replaceable battery is only $50, what a deal!
:evil:

grokit,

Old Fart

Depending on how my day went, this is a minor to major hassle with my VB2.0: Attaching the stir rod cap is chancy. I have to find the sweet spot where the female threads in the cap grab the male threads on the vape body without cross threading. It can get REALLY annoying.

Any hints, tips, or fixes appreciated. Thanks.

Old Fart,

deadheadbill

Depending on how my day went, this is a minor to major hassle with my VB2.0: Attaching the stir rod cap is chancy. I have to find the sweet spot where the female threads in the cap grab the male threads on the vape body without cross threading. It can get REALLY annoying.

Any hints, tips, or fixes appreciated. Thanks.

Yeah, that is a problem at first. It gets easier to do. I found if you kind of "pop" it down evenly and then turn it works best.

deadheadbill,

OF

I have to find the sweet spot where the female threads in the cap grab the male threads on the vape body without cross threading. It can get REALLY annoying.

Any hints, tips, or fixes appreciated.

Sure. Index it by screwing it backwards gently while holding pressure. This lets you feel the leade in the threads pass by. Then you reverse since they are correctly aligned when the cap 'drops' into alignment.

When the threads are damaged and critical you can still use this technique by noting the position then rotating it slightly further (or even back) to be to that 'sweet spot' the works.

Works for other threads, too.....

OF

Old Fart

Sure. Index it by screwing it backwards gently while holding pressure. This lets you feel the leade in the threads pass by. Then you reverse since they are correctly aligned when the cap 'drops' into alignment.

When the threads are damaged and critical you can still use this technique by noting the position then rotating it slightly further (or even back) to be to that 'sweet spot' the works.

Works for other threads, too.....

OF

Spot on as usual. Thanks for the help.

Old Fart,

Dreamerr

I screw everything on that way. I had no idea you are suppose to not go backwards first lol (what a fucked up sentence or backwards one lol). Really I have learned very young that it is the easiest way to catch the threads. I don't think there is anything I don't do that way not even a bottle in the fridge of whatever.

Top Bottom