Discontinued Vaporblunt 2.0 & VB 2.0 DLX

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I'm thinking elbow screen from the EQ ... (a little bigger than the Cloud's)
JCat, you win a prize. They are indeed the same as the EQ elbow screens. The ELB caps are a tad bit smaller.

Good eye! OF will hand you your prize on the way out.

:peace:

JCat

Accessory Maker
Thanks! Thanks! No applause please ... really ... it's not necessary :)

(I think you guys have the prize!)

Curious still about the comparison of airflow and taste vs Solo ... (wish I had kept all the extra EQ screens I had when I sold it now!!!!)

JCat,

OF

Ah, got it. Thanks.

So there is a PonG (trademark pending) adapter that connects to the oil adapter? It seems that the provided PonG could somehow be fastened to the oil adapter without too much trouble. Or does the adapter have it's own PonG piece to it?

Yeah, there's an oil PonG, that's the 1% you're
missing

I believe I got that? A 3 piece assembly? A threaded cap like the stir and HT caps but with the aluminum cup captive on a floating plastic spacer? Yeah, I got that......

Sounds like I'm good there, as I have some concentrate right here by sheerest possible coincidence.....

Get us a milkshot video or 12 Stu and OF, through the provided hydratube and other pieces as well!

Sorry, CDS Stu or one of the others will have to satisfy that lust for you, not only don't I do videos, I'm by no means a 'milkshot champ'......or even fancier. IMO a guy like BDV can do a bang up job with the MFLB....clearly it's an acquired skill I haven't.....

Good eye! OF will hand you your prize on the way out.

Hey, wait a minute. You're supposed to give it to him. What happened to it?

No, wait, you said you didn't have any concentrate to test with.....what happened to that? Now I see, you couldn't wait until the test unit got there (even though you were first.....) and you vaped up the test oil then the prize oil and now it's all gone???

Typical. Tough break JC. Raw deal sounds like to me. I wouldn't blame you for being upset.....want Stu's real name and address?

Curious still about the comparison of airflow and taste vs Solo ... (wish I had kept all the extra EQ screens I had when I sold it now!!!!)

I'm sorry I don't own one so I can't do this directly, it's (and how it stacks up against Cloud) are clearly going to be important to some. My plan is to pass it along to a friend who has access to both so he can test that very point out for us. If none of the other testers don't beat us to it, I expect that sometime next week.....if I give it up for a little while. I'm still not sure how to be sure he'll give it back.

OF

JCat

Accessory Maker
Even if I had Stu's real name and address probably wouldn't do much good ... I'm so far up North here even fellow Canadians think I live in the middle of nowhere! :) Now if we can invent "televaping" ... think were still a ways off from converting vapor to electrical signals and back though ... :hmm:

Pcpvapors

EDIT: firecrackers ate my brain and lost my thought. What I meant to say is the wait for a performance verdict is painful, how's heat retention can you rip the hell out of it back to back?

Pcpvapors

I mean heat retention is key, I mean its what sets the cloud apart from the competition. The ability to just hit and hit and hit with minimal heat loss allows for a much better experience due to the consistent hits. The original VB had a nice bounce back, I think it was <10 seconds and that's if you really really ripped it.

Pcpvapors,
Reactions: JCat

Tweek

Even if I had Stu's real name and address probably wouldn't do much good ... I'm so far up North here even fellow Canadians think I live in the middle of nowhere! :) Now if we can invent "televaping" ... think were still a ways off from converting vapor to electrical signals and back though ... :hmm:

LOL I can only imagine where you live...I used to live in the middle of Ontario nowhere myself...:D

Tweek,

JCat

Accessory Maker
LOL I can only imagine where you live...I used to live in the middle of Ontario nowhere myself...:D
Middle Ontario ... so you mean around North Bay/Sudbury area?

I mean heat retention is key, I mean its what sets the cloud apart from the competition. The ability to just hit and hit and hit with minimal heat loss allows for a much better experience due to the consistent hits. The original VB had a nice bounce back, I think it was <10 seconds and that's if you really really ripped it.
Agreed ... I believe the restrictive draw on the Solo, for instance, is designed that way intentionally due to heat retention

JCat,

Vape N Bake

Disturbed
Come on Stu and OF, I know you want to get to know the VB2 before you give detailed reviews but at least you can tell us what the airflow is like and taste.

Vape N Bake,

OF

Come on Stu and OF, I know you want to get to know the VB2 before you give detailed reviews but at least you can tell us what the airflow is like and taste.

I did, as much as I can. I have no solo to compare it to. Airflow is very free (a 1/4 tube to the bowl, lots of vents in the cap). Taste is subjective, I find nothing to fault. Then again, lots of folks say I have no taste. Some of them have evidence to offer.

As I'm using it it does just fine. As a medical user I'm after the heavy stuff at the end. It effectively roasts the goods nearly perfectly. The HA will do slightly better since it's got a continuous range rather than a few steps to work with heat wise.

Others will have to speak to the huge cloud potential, FWIW since it only holds a modest load (on MFLB, half a Puffit or Iolite) I suspect it will be hampered somewhat in volume against rigs like Bender holding what six times more herb?

OF

JCat

Accessory Maker
Thanks OF! I appreciate the review. I think you answered the airflow question for us pests :) ... I don't think the volume of herb matters that much as far as potential to create clouds for us cloud seekers (my VXL Cloud creates very nice Clouds with .15 of herb or even less although I find .15 to be ideal for instance).

Also appreciate the opinion on taste ... I'm excited ... the what appears to be all stainless path apart from mouthpiece and/or PonG seems very promising (I like glass and SS for materials :))

OF

I don't think the volume of herb matters that much as far as potential to create clouds for us cloud seekers (my VXL Cloud creates very nice Clouds with .15 of herb or even less although I find .15 to be ideal for instance).

Also appreciate the opinion on taste ... I'm excited ... the what appears to be all stainless path apart from mouthpiece and/or PonG seems very promising (I like glass and SS for materials :))

I think it depends on our talking density or volume. BDV has proven conclusively the lowly MFLB can 'milk up' a WP to please the most ardent but it takes time so volume is not enough for many. IMO 'huge clouds' and 'dense clouds' can only happen in real time when you have a lot of material going since we can't flash it all off in an instant like you can with oil on a nail for instance. If you want lots fast you'll need to have a lot of bud in the project I think?

I agree I find SS taste free (I use it in table ware in fact....), like glass and some plastics. Let's hope the plastics used come from that group, it seems reasonable to assume they are but it merits testing for sure.

In other news I notice mine sometimes has trouble 'waking up' taking many pushes to get going, Stu you see this? I also note if you start it up, get the bars for battery check then hold it down to shut down rather than start heating you get 2 flashes of the top LED (blue) only with a pause followed by 8 flashes. This doesn't happen when shutting down normally. You see that as well? I wonder what that's about?

OF

OF,

JCat

Accessory Maker
I think it depends on our talking density or volume. BDV has proven conclusively the lowly MFLB can 'milk up' a WP to please the most ardent but it takes time so volume is not enough for many. IMO 'huge clouds' and 'dense clouds' can only happen in real time when you have a lot of material going since we can't flash it all off in an instant like you can with oil on a nail for instance. If you want lots fast you'll need to have a lot of bud in the project I think?

I agree I find SS taste free (I use it in table ware in fact....), like glass and some plastics. Let's hope the plastics used come from that group, it seems reasonable to assume they are but it merits testing for sure.
I sort of agree with your first statement, but it's a matter of how fast you can vape the contents of a bowl, if you can take two 20-30 second inhales and completely vape a bowl, then at .15g (give or take), it should be relatively dense (dense enough for me anyways ... but I agree ... it's a matter of opinion). I want to be able to vape a bowl to completion in 2-4 hits, so that it doesn't always consume a bunch of my time but I can get sufficiently medicated and get back to my life (similar requirements to SliM).

The plastic in the vapor path is actually one of my top concerns when I first saw this and the primary reason I never even really looked at the original VB. Plastic always raises big red flags for me, but that being said, depending what heat the plastic will actually be exposed to and depending on the actual material, it can be fine (it's not like we're microwaving it!)

JCat,

OF

The plastic in the vapor path is actually one of my top concerns when I first saw this and the primary reason I never even really looked at the original VB. Plastic always raises big red flags for me, but that being said, depending what heat the plastic will actually be exposed to and depending on the actual material, it can be fine (it's not like we're microwaving it!)

I agree, when it's not there there is no issue. In the 'normal mode' I'm currently using I'm confident there's no issues since the MP sees very little heat (six inches of SS tube between it and the bowl), however when in WP (of HT???) mode the cap sits directly above the hot part. While the head on the normal cap's metal parts get quite hot it doesn't seem to contribute.

There are as you say suitable plastics available to us at realistic vaping temperatures, careful material selection is in order but I assume it's been done?

I did run the rig empty up to top heat without any taste or fume issues. Now of course even before making temperature it smells slightly of weed....

OF

OF,
Reactions: JCat

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I think we should call the glass WT, for water tool, and not HT. Part of patenting your shit is defending your shit, and we don't need to start down a road that might lead to VXL having to be antogonistic.

trvb...I'll ask the obvious questions that are going to come up regarding the airpath. What is everything in the airpath? What grade of SS is used? What types of plastics are in the airpath? How thick is the glass in the WT? Where are both pieces made?

OF

I think we should call the glass WT, for water tool, and not HT. Part of patenting your shit is defending your shit, and we don't need to start down a road that might lead to VXL having to be antogonistic.

It's my understanding the use of the term HT has been approved by VXL? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

While I agree we should pick a term and stick with it, perhaps TRVB should do that? It is his product......

OF

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
In other news I notice mine sometimes has trouble 'waking up' taking many pushes to get going, Stu you see this? I also note if you start it up, get the bars for battery check then hold it down to shut down rather than start heating you get 2 flashes of the top LED (blue) only with a pause followed by 8 flashes. This doesn't happen when shutting down normally. You see that as well? I wonder what that's about?

OF

I am having some button issues as well. At first I thought I must not be holding the button down long enough, then I thought maybe I was not pressing hard enough. Turns out that the button will "wake the unit up" best if you press it firmly, but quickly (release immediately). This method seems to work best for me.

I haven't seen the 2 blue LED flashes on immediate turn off, but I'll take a look tonight to see if mine does that as well.

It's my understanding the use of the term HT has been approved by VXL? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

While I agree we should pick a term and stick with it, perhaps TRVB should do that? It is his product......

OF

I know that VXL has an agreement with TRVB, but I don't know if that includes using the HydraTube (HT) name. Whatever name is fine with me, btw.

Stu,
Reactions: OF

darkrom

Great Scott!
I'm trying to figure out the most important questions I have about this thing now. Those reviews make it seem like it does what it advertises, and does it well?

Is the concentrate bowl thingy aluminum or stainless? It sounds to me like "digital dabbing" haha. Heat the "bucket?" up and drop some oil on and quickly add the straw. Pretty cool. What are the chances of getting that made in stainless? Or hell maybe even a titanium one as an option for the dab enthusiasts?

How is the flavor both through the glass and direct?

And one from my crazy pile....if you sniff the heater area while its on max temp...what does it smell like to you? Any noticeable smells or gasses in any funky lights etc? I wanna get this shit out of the way so I don't get surprised like I have in the past. Does it seem like I'll approve of the air path? No robofarts?

I'm damn excited for this vape at this point.

darkrom,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
And one from my crazy pile....if you sniff the heater area while its on max temp...what does it smell like to you? Any noticeable smells or gasses in any funky lights etc? I wanna get this shit out of the way so I don't get surprised like I have in the past. Does it seem like I'll approve of the air path? No robofarts?

I'll check for this and give the unit a full burn in before I put any herb in it.

JCat

Accessory Maker
I'll check for this and give the unit a full burn in before I put any herb in it.
Just be careful not to burn any of those nose hairs :lol: (Apparently it can go pretty hot this unit!)

Edit: Ok now TRVB ... really there ... where's the VB2 DLX on the web site and where's the "Add to Cart" button :) Do you need another developer? (just joking ... I'm way too busy these days to take on another contract :) ... although that would be one that would truly be motivating)

JCat,

OF

Is the concentrate bowl thingy aluminum or stainless? It sounds to me like "digital dabbing" haha. Heat the "bucket?" up and drop some oil on and quickly add the straw. Pretty cool. What are the chances of getting that made in stainless? Or hell maybe even a titanium one as an option for the dab enthusiasts?

How is the flavor both through the glass and direct?

And one from my crazy pile....if you sniff the heater area while its on max temp...what does it smell like to you? Any noticeable smells or gasses in any funky lights etc?

It looks like Aluminum to me. Which makes sense given an aluminum heater body and the fact that stainless conducts heat much more slowly and therefore would probably be a poor choice. It could, I would think, be easily made from most any material.

No strange smells, it smells a bit of 'old weed' now, of course, but not much.

Direct it's just fine IMO, I haven't tried the glass route yet. It really is a SS tube and screen. I'm a little worried about the plastic used but it seems to be an appropriate grade (doesn't feel like typical cheap injection molded plastic).

An excellent idea. I did it for a few minutes at full blast, but a second/more complete test would be good.

OF

OF,
Top Bottom