• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Vaporblunt 2.0 & VB 2.0 DLX

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
There is a side by side on line somewhere. I saw it last night and they are very close in size with the VB2 being oh so slightly bigger.

i saw the side by side comparison but that really shows "length" i was hoping to find out diameter wise if one was bigger than the other

mmenzie,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
You can't tell from pictures but it looked almost identical but we will see.

Dreamerr,

mmenzie

You can't tell from pictures but it looked almost identical but we will see.

i was thinking the exact same thing, but since there are people that are actually holding them and own a solo as well, they could confirm my assumption

mmenzie,

green2brown

It was stated on the first page that at it's thickest point it measures 1 7/8 inches in diameter making it barely thicker than the 1 3/4 inch diameter of the Solo.

green2brown,

mmenzie

It was stated on the first page that at it's thickest point it measures 1 7/8 inches in diameter making it barely thicker than the 1 3/4 inch diameter of the Solo.

shame on me for missing that. dont think this will fit in my gas tank bag either :( still waiting to hear more anyways

mmenzie,

OF

Well mine got here a while ago. Just long enough to check it over and see if it works. To remove any doubt, thus far it does. It holds about .125 grams (at least that's the load weight), what I load in MFLB, a bit over half of what Puffit holds. Easy to load and clean out, thus far, as only brushing is needed. The stem is a piece of thin wall stainless tube that connects the bowl to the mouthpiece and can even be completely removed if you feel the need by removing the two screws that give access to the battery pack (yes, it plugs in and should replace easily at home).

It works smoothly, making the 'manual' quite simple. You push the (only) button to turn it on. The LEDs come up to show battery charge. It times out to off if you don't press the button again to start the heat. It stays on for 15 minutes unless you shut it off. The LED flashes until you make temperature, then goes solid.
You can add more LEDs (higher temperature) by pushing the button. Another push starts that LED flashing until the new temperature and so on. If you punch up say 4 LEDs they go solid in order one at a time as each heat is reached. Very neat and well thought out, works fine when you're distracted because it works so fine.

I like the stir knob thus far. The ABV comes out uniformly toasted. It could easily go too hot if you go after higher heat ranges, 2 seems good, that's what I'm running the second bowl at. The fit in the hand is excellent. It's very easy to avoid holding the hot end of it, a large easy to hold onto part says cool, not a common feature..... Very comfortable to use.

The literature shows two tips, one flavored the other not. Unfortunately mine came without the plain one, but fortunatley can be used without it. For some reason the simiar tip on my Palm fits but is loose.

The WP and oil functions are not quite what I expected. I'm not sure yet exactly how to make either of them work. The kit seems to have picked up a brush (makes sense given the glass?) but didn't include some sort of tool for taking the screen out which seems necessary not only for cleaning but also to use the oil cup. Once the screen is out, the cup (seems to be aluminum?) looks like it fits into the bowl and converts to conduction from there. Looks simple enough and fits in with the higher heat ranges. That comes after getting the screen out, which comes after bud testing which is only just starting.

The bubbler is nice, but I'm no big glass fan so I'm sure I don't agree with everyone. IMO it's very well made (even if there are a few random scratches, debris and deposits inside which I'd think would offend the purists on the bus) and of a solid design. It seems heavy enough to survive, but it's still glass. For instance the plastic bit on the end that screws on the unit seems stuck on (or I guess in?) and I'm not willing to pull it off without further instruction. And there's the whole matter of filling it but I figure that too can be solved...also at a later date.

Two things I did not expect, you loose the stir function when you use the WP attachment and unless the plastic part comes easily on and off it's going to be awfully long seems to me. It's also kind of fun to note that you basically load the bowl cover it, then turn it upside down to use.

More later if I find something worth relating. I'll try to answer folk's questions....if they're not too hard.

OF

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
OF,
My "WP" (I prefer 'PonG') adapter seemed stuck into the glass when I got mine as well. Just gently tug on it or wiggle it and it will come out.

To fill the HT, just pour in some water from the top until the perc is covered and you're good to go. I suggest washing first with soapy water to remove any unwanted scent that it may have picked up during packing / shipping.

:peace:

OF

OF,
My "WP" (I prefer 'PonG') adapter seemed stuck into the glass when I got mine as well. Just gently tug on it or wiggle it and it will come out.

To fill the HT, just pour in some water from the top until the perc is covered and you're good to go. I suggest washing first with soapy water to remove any unwanted scent that it may have picked up during packing / shipping.

Thanks, Lad. Since you failed, I'll try to break mine then.

I kind of figured it's self regulating level wise, too much will boil out and not enough isn't enough. But I find the 'head pressure' on the little one I use sometimes effects things, I figured I'd have to play some....which can also be fun....

I planned to wash it out as best I can. No sense starting with stuff I can see. It looks to me like you can drain it out (or nearly so) by upending it?

Good to know you're still alive. If it kills you, please let me know? No sense taking this too far you know.

OF

TherealVaporblunt

Manufacturer
Yes, the PonG (great name, who coined it that?) is easily pulled out. I thought it would be cool to ship it in the tube already, but I can change it to underneath with the charger and glass straw if you think that makes more sense. As for the screen, it is very easy removable. Take the provided wooden tool and apply pressure on the actual inside of the screen in an upward motion, don't worry about hurting the screen I've done this with a titanium dabber and nothing happened to the screen. Apply the pressure in an upward motion in an effort just to free the screen, the first time you do this you will probably shoot the screen across the room, but it's easy to master. You could also use your finger if the units cold, I just stick my pinky in and it comes right out. Tweezers also work well by grabbing the outer ring.

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Thanks, Lad. Since you failed, I'll try to break mine then.

I kind of figured it's self regulating level wise, too much will boil out and not enough isn't enough. But I find the 'head pressure' on the little one I use sometimes effects things, I figured I'd have to play some....which can also be fun....

I planned to wash it out as best I can. No sense starting with stuff I can see. It looks to me like you can drain it out (or nearly so) by upending it?

Good to know you're still alive. If it kills you, please let me know? No sense taking this too far you know.

OF

To empty out the HT (I'm not sure what to call it, so I'll just call it an "HT" since it's been blessed by VXL and that's what they call theirs), just turn it upside down and shake it like a new bottle of ketchup (aren't you glad I went with a G-rated analogy?) until most of the H20 is on your kitchen floor. Oh, and next time do that outside so as not to get your kitchen floor all wet.

placetime

:lmao:Y'all are cracking me up. This is the best dual-review i've ever seen. Thanks for all your hard work investigating and sharing info, Stu and OF! And Kudos to TRVB for helping make this happen! :tup:

TherealVaporblunt

Manufacturer
To empty out the HT (I'm not sure what to call it, so I'll just call it an "HT" since it's been blessed by VXL and that's what they call theirs), just turn it upside down and shake it like a new bottle of ketchup (aren't you glad I went with a G-rated analogy?) until most of the H20 is on your kitchen floor. Oh, and next time do that outside so as not to get your kitchen floor all wet.

To stick with the g rated jokes, I turn my water tool upside down and blow it!!!

:lmao:Y'all are cracking me up. This is the best dual-review i've ever seen. Thanks for all your hard work investigating and sharing info, Stu and OF! And Kudos to TRVB for helping make this happen! :tup:

Thank you, I am hard at work on my next invention. I'm going to continue to push the envelope

Pcpvapors

I'm waiting for OF to hook it to a car battery and show us what a real milk shot looks like lol. All jokes aside, I know with the original VB the damn thing would not stop hitting, how's this aspect now? Also are we hitting it like a red headed step child or a milkshake?

OF

As for the screen, it is very easy removable. Take the provided wooden tool and apply pressure on the actual inside of the screen in an upward motion, don't worry about hurting the screen I've done this with a titanium dabber and nothing happened to the screen. Apply the pressure in an upward motion in an effort just to free the screen, the first time you do this you will probably shoot the screen across the room, but it's easy to master. You could also use your finger if the units cold, I just stick my pinky in and it comes right out. Tweezers also work well by grabbing the outer ring.

Cool, thanks, I think I've got it. I didn't get any such tool (must have run off with the mouthpiece....) but guess it's a small size standard stick? Like a skinny bamboo skewer, one that I poke up the stem? So that is a crimped on ring, hard to see from the outside. I can handle that.....

HT works for me, I guess. I really wanted GT for Glass Thingie, but I understand your not sharing that vision.

The image of you in the kitchen doing the 'HT Empty Dance' for the next door neighbors to wonder about is going to be tough to get out of my mind. It looked to me like you can pour most of it out through the water trap at the top if you hold it slaunchwise at the right angle with the slots down?

Thank you, I am hard at work on my next invention. I'm going to continue to push the envelope

Great idea. You go do that. Stu and I will get back to having fun. That can be our contribution. Teamwork, you know......

OF

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
As for the screen, it is very easy removable. Take the provided wooden tool and apply pressure on the actual inside of the screen in an upward motion, don't worry about hurting the screen I've done this with a titanium dabber and nothing happened to the screen. Apply the pressure in an upward motion in an effort just to free the screen, the first time you do this you will probably shoot the screen across the room, but it's easy to master. You could also use your finger if the units cold, I just stick my pinky in and it comes right out. Tweezers also work well by grabbing the outer ring.

I didn't get any wooden tool either, but I just used a skewer to remove the screen at it was easier than I thought. I snapped a pic:
2qszbck.jpg

Yes, the PonG (great name, who coined it that?) is easily pulled out.
Since you liked it, I'll take credit. If you hadn't liked it, then it would've been OF's 'coin'.:rofl:

Buyola

That screen looks a lot like the top cap on one of the elb from the Cloud.

Buyola,

OF

I didn't get any wooden tool either, but I just used a skewer to remove the screen at it was easier than I thought.

Cool, thanks again. I looked like the screen was maybe under some lip (turns out to be the rim crimped on). Now that I know the secret, I'll poke away when the time comes.

Have you tried the concentrate adapter?

The last page of this thread has been incredibly entertaining! Keep up the good work Of and Stu!

Hey, you think it's fun on your end over there? You should try it on this end over here.....

And now, if you'll excuse me, time to get back to the salt mines.

OF

OF,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
OF asked: Have you tried the concentrate adapter?

I have not. TRVB told me that my unit was only 99% complete, and I think I found the 1% that is missing. I don't have a way to connect my concentrate adapter with the glass stem provided.

Besides, I'm currently dry and without any oil. I do have some iso reclaim goo, but that is only for the rainiest of days as it tastes vile. If you really want me to try the oil adapter, you could send me some sampling materials, right? Or you could just test it yourself, but what's the fun in that?

Stu,

TherealVaporblunt

Manufacturer
I have not. TRVB told me that my unit was only 99% complete, and I think I found the 1% that is missing. I don't have a way to connect my concentrate adapter with the glass stem provided.

Besides, I'm currently dry and without any oil. I do have some iso reclaim goo, but that is only for the rainiest of days as it tastes vile. If you really want me to try the oil adapter, you could send me some sampling materials, right? Or you could just test it yourself, but what's the fun in that?

That glass piece just rests on top, you need to hold it, very much like the solo. What you are missing is the adapter to make it attach to water tool. Just heat it up first to level 5, than drop oil in and it will begin to vape. Have the straw ready to go or else precious vape will go up in air.

TherealVaporblunt,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
That glass piece just rests on top, you need to hold it, very much like the solo. What you are missing is the adapter to make it attach to water tool. Just heat it up first to level 5, than drop oil in and it will begin to vape. Have the straw ready to go or else precious vape will go up in air.
Ah, got it. Thanks.

So there is a PonG (trademark pending) adapter that connects to the oil adapter? It seems that the provided PonG could somehow be fastened to the oil adapter without too much trouble. Or does the adapter have it's own PonG piece to it?

Stu,
Top Bottom