Discontinued Vapor Blunt

Adobewan

@TherealVaporblunt
I appreciate your presence here on the boards. I hope you'll take FC input to heart while designing the new vape you're working on, a better focus group no vaporizer designer could find.
Thought you might want to know, I was on the fence between the Blunt and the Solo and the Solo won because of it's size, the many positive reviews( a number of negative ones as well but clearly there are people out there who sing the praises of the Solo, yet there was little to no voice for the Blunt) and more importantly, I was able to get the Solo, with extras, and shipping for under $200. After purchasing the Solo, I was still looking at the Blunt for my next vape purchase(had hoped for and suggested a holiday discount for FC members) but THC's review unveiled enough to turn me away.
A small thing to consider on the new piece, if I may be so bold, it's one thing to be large, but consider not printing the nature of the device along the side of it, really works against taking this out into public like the other flower portables, Iolite, Solo, MFLB, and Stealthvape.
Continued good luck with your future endeavors, I look forward to us all singing the praises of the VB2 soon!

Adobewan,

THCMuscle

Adobewan said:
@TherealVaporblunt
I appreciate your presence here on the boards. I hope you'll take FC input to heart while designing the new vape you're working on, a better focus group no vaporizer designer could find.
Thought you might want to know, I was on the fence between the Blunt and the Solo and the Solo won because of it's size, the many positive reviews( a number of negative ones as well but clearly there are people out there who sing the praises of the Solo, yet there was little to no voice for the Blunt) and more importantly, I was able to get the Solo, with extras, and shipping for under $200. After purchasing the Solo, I was still looking at the Blunt for my next vape purchase(had hoped for and suggested a holiday discount for FC members) but THC's review unveiled enough to turn me away.
A small thing to consider on the new piece, if I may be so bold, it's one thing to be large, but consider not printing the nature of the device along the side of it, really works against taking this out into public like the other flower portables, Iolite, Solo, MFLB, and Stealthvape.
Continued good luck with your future endeavors, I look forward to us all singing the praises of the VB2 soon!

In my personal experience, the Solo is so much more versatile, better performing and more efficent. If only those atributes were in a unit shaped like the blunt, maybe a bit smaller.

THCMuscle,
THCmuscle, have a little restraint, you've already voiced your preference for the Solo over the Blunt. Given the information I've read, I'd probably be in the same camp as you, preferring it myself. But... I didn't run into the PD thread when I got my Underdog, saying "the Underdog is prettier, tastier and rips about three time as hard with no air restrictions, never buy a PD!" even if that was how I felt in some way. There's different strokes for different folks and undoubtedly some will prefer the Vaporblunt to the Solo.

I mean this to be a respectful post. Just go easy on the nice VB guy, I'm sure his product has its own merits and can stand on them.

charliedontsurf,

THCMuscle

Fair enough, this will be my last post in this thread. I simply wanted to fore-warn some people who I feel would post FAR more negative reviews had they actually invested in one.

THCMuscle,
Stick around! Answer questions and concerns.

I didn't mean to be a dick and I don't mean you should stay out of the thread. Just pull a punch now and again, we all do when dealing with manufacturers.

charliedontsurf,
THCMuscle said:
The VB is very technique based similar to the MFLB in that you need to learn to draw/hit from it properly to get good results. The VB also only really works well with a full chamber, around 75%-110% (compressed slightly) is where you'll get your best vapor production. As others have stated, this can be upwards of half a gram, which is 5-10x the amount I'd want to consume in one sitting. The VB does not do small loads well at all. Dont even think about tossing a pinch in there for an efficent small session, ain't going to happen.

Hi, my name is Susan and I like my vapor blunt. I am a mechanical engineer student at NC State and I love the fact that the vapor blunt is AMERICAN ENGINEERING. I own a vapor blunt and I have to call BS to THCMuscle and say that person totally sounds like a Solo salesman or something....who buys china vapes and doesnt even smoke enough to be giving feedback (who smokes a tenth of a HALF a gram at once?!). The iolite is considered one of the best performing vapes to date and anyone who hasn't tried one, poorly represents portable vaporizors.. In all fairness, its just as good as an iolite-once you invest in one, you begin to see there are three types of vapes. The bad, the okay, and the great. VB and iolite both make the great list.

sec_ncstate,

SF Giant

Reluctant vape collector
Out of curiosity what characteristics other than "AMERICAN ENGINEERING" put this vape (or the iolite for that matter, which always produced some pretty wispy and shitty tasting vapor in my experiences) in the great category? *braces for no respose

SF Giant,

OF

sec_ncstate said:
I own a vapor blunt and I have to call BS to THCMuscle and say that person totally sounds like a Solo salesman or something....who buys china vapes and doesnt even smoke enough to be giving feedback (who smokes a tenth of a HALF a gram at once?!).

VB and iolite both make the great list.

Howdy, Susan, welcome to the discussion. To answer your question above, there are many *thousands* of us that 'smoke' less than that at a time routinely. Not that we smoke here 'bouts, it's all about vaporizers here.....notice the poor regard combustion (smoking) has in the forum name? Anyway, a 'stem' for the PD or similar 'log vapes' is less than the 50mg load you cite above. I typically load about 35mg at a time in mine, I think most load a bit less, it's actually considered a feature you know.

Edit: As a rough indication of the popularity of these vapes you seem to be unaware of, notice the PD thread (alone, not including MZ and the others) has over TEN THOUSAND posts with nearly a million reads. That's a lot of folks using small amounts often enough to talk about it. Somehow, this seems to have escaped your notice?

As a trivial note, when I went to school folks were Mechanical Engineering students (none of them were yet engineers but rather studying the subject area. While there are any number of reasons why you might term it differently, your obvious lack of understanding about the nature of the folks on this forum and their habits and uses of the equipment we discuss here tends to undermine your opinions as I see it in much the same manner you question THCMuscle's?

OF

OF,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Well said, OF. I was thinking those exact same thoughts.

I found it especially amusing that a first time poster can tell us what is on the "great" list....

Stu,

OF

Stu said:
Well said, OF. I was thinking those exact same thoughts.

I found it especially amusing that a first time poster can tell us what is on the "great" list....

Thanks, Stu, I had no illusions about profound thoughts on my part, but good to know there's at least two of us......

For sure, everyone gets an opinion, it's up to the rest of us to consider the source I guess. For myself I too like the Iolite (in fact own a spare 'just in case'), but also on my list of great vapes for folks to consider are the MFLB, PD (or clones), VG (where so many of us got our start.....ironically with small loads as well?), the HA (which I think does several functions fairly well) and my latest fav, the Omicron (highly recommended if you have good oil available BTW). Those are only the ones I own, use and recommend (to those few who will listen....). I'm sure there are others, perhaps even this one???

For now, we need guys (and gals) with broad experience to test it out for us and give their objective opinions. Hopefully that will continue.

Thanks again for the kind words.

OF

OF,

TherealVaporblunt

Manufacturer
I can say 100% that Thcmuscles isn't a solo salesman, I contacted him because he loves near me. His feedback has helped me extremely, but I very much was thinking what Mr. Charliedontsurf said. Point blank, the vaporblunt is not a device that is designed to perform at it's peak for .35 mg bowl. If your talking in mg's and not grams you are not going to love this device , but that info is priceless to me, I will work with my team to try to make an optional insert bowl that makes small amounts work well. To be honest, I'm a little spoiled and am not very conservative with my herb (I'm an occasional 7 gram blunt smoker). I have asked retail stores that support me to encourage people that purchase vaporblunts to post on this forum, so I expect to see a few people with only 1 post voicing their experience. I would appreciate if those first time posters reviewed the experience, not came in defending me. I'd love to hear a review of your vaporblunt sec_ncstate. The solo is also incredibly engineered as is the mflb, like I said before... I made the vaporblunt and I obviously like it. I know we have sold more than we expected so far and I hope lots of people post on here, good or bad. As for the FC discount, I am concerned aout undercutting the people who are selling my product @ 219.99, I need to make a phone call tomorrow and see if I can do that. I respect this forum and it's been a great learning tool for me, I think I can help bring in some new people and even eventually help other manufactures sell to these people once they find this forum. I haven't wrote this many words since high school :)

OF

TherealVaporblunt said:
Another classic auto spell. Thcmuscles doesn't love near me, he lives near me!

I wouldn't dismiss that idea all too fast. What you bet he can 'prove' he practices above average loving at that very place?

FWIW, I'd be inclined to take his word on the matter, proof being subjective and all......

Also FWIW the fellow strikes me as having some strongly held and well considered opinions, for now I'm guided by them.

OF

OF,

OF

TherealVaporblunt said:
Point blank, the vaporblunt is not a device that is designed to perform at it's peak for .35 mg bowl. If your talking in mg's and not grams you are not going to love this device , but that info is priceless to me, I will work with my team to try to make an optional insert bowl that makes small amounts work well. To be honest, I'm a little spoiled and am not very conservative with my herb (I'm an occasional 7 gram blunt smoker).

Very well put, gets right to the heart of the matter I think. FWIW I was talking 35mg (30 to the gram or so), .35mg (3000 to the gram) is tiny. I'm fairly sure none of us is in that range. OTOH, seven grams at a sitting is a HUGE load to be vaping I'm thinking, quite out of the ordinary for the rank and file. Even the oil heads are out of this league? That's like a gram of high grade oil?

I think the insert idea is a great one, it potentially makes it 'a whole new ball game' in that one can shift from personal to party mode at will. The project remains interesting to me.....

Edit: Thinking a bit more on the topic, I'm thinking the Iolite and MFLB might be a good place to start thinking about the size of a personal bowl? Say something in the .25 to .5 gram range? Perhaps by eliminating the stirrer (something will need to be done so it fits the smaller bowl?) an 'optimumizer' like the Iolite uses to some success could be included?

OF

OF,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
Holy cow, 7 gram blunts? Do you just ditch the tobacco inside and re-stuff it? What the hell man!!! That is insane. I mean I can understand 7 grams of the worst backyard boogie, but that's a quarter ounce! Of good quality smokes - that's like $100+!!!

My friend think I am nutty because I typically roll like 1-2 gram in a blunt, among even 4 people that's considered pretty loony. Meanwhile most my friends will waste a $1.50 blunt on just .5 grams, I think that is pretty silly to roll small ones.

Anyhow now I understand why you may have created this thing. Sort of like - load it once - and enjoy it all day/week. Or in your case enjoy it all 30 minutes :)

sessnet,

TherealVaporblunt

Manufacturer
I'm an expert roller, I can roll perfect cigar-like blunts. If this vape thing doesn't work out I'm Going tomove to Cuba and roll cigars maybe. Typical blunt for me at least 3 g but if we have a bunch of people over I can fit 7 g in a long blue tube Garcia vega. It's very wasteful.

TherealVaporblunt,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
You are nuts! I want to hang out with you :)

If only you lived in NY/NJ.

Btw I just went to vaporblunt.com and it seems down :/

sessnet,

SF Giant

Reluctant vape collector
Just a suggestion: id' take that "worlds #1 portable vaporizer" graphic off of your front page, it's a turn off to most anyone who is knowlegable about vapes imo :2c:

SF Giant,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
SF Giant said:
Just a suggestion: id' take that "worlds #1 portable vaporizer" graphic off of your front page, it's a turn off to most anyone who is knowlegable about vapes imo :2c:
Well can they just change it to "World biggest portable vaporizer".. :p

Abysmal Vapor,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
sec_ncstate said:
The iolite is considered one of the best performing vapes to date and anyone who hasn't tried one, poorly represents portable vaporizors.

This is where I jumped off.

For the record, I think VB is already taken by VaporBrothers. At least that's what I think of when I see VB. What else can we use? How about VBlunt, or VBL?

stickstones,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Im personally for the VBL monkier myself. That just sounds kinda cool... VBL...

I like it.

AGBeer,

Adobewan

Unless things change, I wonder the Blunt may not go the way of the dinosaur between the new Thermovape and the Stealthvape.

Adobewan,
Top Bottom