Discontinued VapeXhaleLabs Presents: The Cloud

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackstraw62

Low temp deadhead vaporist
I have always used vegetable oil. Maybe the beta testers could chime in. I read in the manual that you should not twist from the middle of the hydra-tube but they did not say anything about using any type of lubricant. :2c:

jackstraw62,

SD_haze

sweetdreams4.2.0 said:
Sorry to ask a question i know the team is busy but did you guys ever settle on which company to use for shipping? i don't care if it's discrete but for whichever company had a better track record and quickest delivery rate

If I remember correctly UPS was originally planned but after some vocal opposition they're either doing USPS or an option of ups or usps?

Its been a while since then though.

SD_haze,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
SD_haze said:
sweetdreams4.2.0 said:
Sorry to ask a question i know the team is busy but did you guys ever settle on which company to use for shipping? i don't care if it's discrete but for whichever company had a better track record and quickest delivery rate

If I remember correctly UPS was originally planned but after some vocal opposition they're either doing USPS or an option of ups or usps?

For shipment to Canada, USPS is the only option that won't rape you for "brokerage fees". UPS is notorious for holding your package for ransom and I understand FedEx is doing the same now, although I haven't been screwed over by them myself. I will not order from a US company that won't ship USPS.

pakalolo,

weedemon

enthusiast
pakalolo said:
For shipment to Canada, USPS is the only option that won't rape you for "brokerage fees". UPS is notorious for holding your package for ransom and I understand FedEx is doing the same now, although I haven't been screwed over by them myself. I will not order from a US company that won't ship USPS.

I feel the same way. :)

weedemon,

SD_haze

pakalolo said:
SD_haze said:
sweetdreams4.2.0 said:

Plus UPS likes to be extra rough with expensive electronics :mad:

SD_haze,

max

Out to lunch
UPS likes to be extra rough with expensive electronics
The idea that one major delivery service handles packages more carefully than another, across the board, is a myth. Avoiding damage is a priority for a package mover, and any service is going to stress this with their employees. Damaging packages, on a consistent basis, is gonna cost a company in claims and lost business. It would be like a restaurant owner being OK with serving bad tasting, cold food.

max,

moodswing

low tolerance is underrated
:2c:
^ unfortunately there are restaurant owners ok with serving bad tasting cold food.

from Robot's email on 11/06...
VapeXhale said:
...On a go-forward basis, here is whats going to happen.

5. We will add USPS as a shipping option.

this means, at last discussion, both ups and usps will be available options.
this had nothing to do with cc processing or bad parts so i would guess its still valid.

moodswing,
Some companies still become infamous for their careless handling of packages... Look at all the negative attention Fed Ex got recently.

I'm actually a huge fan of the USPS at this point. They haven't screwed me once, they're fast, they're the least expensive and the ladies who work at the location near my home are super nice and sweet.

Can't wait for me Cloud.

charliedontsurf,

2clicker

Observer
charliedontsurf said:
I'm actually a huge fan of the USPS at this point. They haven't screwed me once, they're fast, they're the least expensive and the ladies who work at the location near my home are super nice and sweet.

totally agree. the post office is in bad shape tho.

2clicker,

OO

Technical Skeptical
lepstadder said:
do you think something like this product would be useful?

http://www.ballisticcreations.com/our-products/joint-wax/

It seams ad if joint lock does occur you would completely ruin both parts

as the glass inner for the vaporizer itself is all one piece correct?
the product doesn't mention how to remove it from the glass, in chemistry the typical joint lube is silicone grease, and in order to remove it, dangerous, hard to acquire solvents are required.

OO,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
guys...I wouldn't sweat the grease or the glass sticking. Long before the glass gong joint sticks, you will get the top of the ELB stuck in the HT. This is your clue to clean your glass! Really...after using this thing for the last six months (is that right, SM?) and only cleaning my HT once, I've never had the HT stick to the gong joint.

and btw, in honor of the upcoming release I broke my week long break from the Cloud with two good sessions tonight with it...me likey!!!! Still the best vapor I've ever had!

stickstones,

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
stickstones said:
. . . and btw, in honor of the upcoming release I broke my week long break from the Cloud with two good sessions tonight with it...me likey!!!! Still the best vapor I've ever had!

You do know that we all hate you, right? :D

By the way, are you using the Cloud set at 12 o'clock, or ?

oldiebutgoodie,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
tonight I started at what will be noon for you and half way through (six hits) turned it up to 3pm.

stickstones,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
OO said:
lepstadder said:
do you think something like this product would be useful?

http://www.ballisticcreations.com/our-products/joint-wax/

It seams ad if joint lock does occur you would completely ruin both parts

as the glass inner for the vaporizer itself is all one piece correct?
the product doesn't mention how to remove it from the glass, in chemistry the typical joint lube is silicone grease, and in order to remove it, dangerous, hard to acquire solvents are required.
I actually use this Joint Wax stuff on my GG SSV heater cover and wand. Over the years as the glass has worn it can sometimes get dislodged and fall out if I move around too much. If I put a little tiny bit of joint wax on the GG of the wand then this isn't ever a problem. Just a little bit, once or twice a week. Because of this application the wax is usually soft/melted when it's in place and it helps hold the two together. You have to apply it well away from the open airpath entrance end, but it expect it still won't be for the over anxious. I can use it cleanly enough not to be concerned.

I've tried it on other cool running joints, but can't say that I really use it in general. It's a much thicker barrier on the cool joints, and you can feel the wax bind firmly between the joints as you twist it in. It's held tight and you really have to remove it with a twist (as directed on the tube) otherwise I'd say you could easily break your piece with the recoil as it came free. If it did jam up I would imagine that heat would melt the wax and allow it to come free.

Not sure if I can yet see any need for it on my Cloud, except maybe as a joint protector (I expect it stops the glass wearing).

WatTyler,

oldiebutgoodie

stickstones said:
tonight I started at what will be noon for you and half way through (six hits) turned it up to 3pm.

You get 12 hits out of a single ELB load?! With half at ~230C? :p

oldiebutgoodie,

max

Out to lunch
oldiebutgoodie said:
stickstones said:

1-It's quite a big bowl if you want to load it up.
2-How big is a hit, one person to another?
3-3 o'clock doesn't mean it's 230 C. That's about combustion point. I seem to remember that it's designed to stop short of combustion.

max,

oldiebutgoodie

max said:
oldiebutgoodie said:
stickstones said:

1-It's quite a big bowl if you want to load it up.
2-How big is a hit, one person to another?
3-3 o'clock doesn't mean it's 230 C. That's about combustion point. I seem to remember that it's designed to stop short of combustion.

Thanks for the info . . .

1. Interesting. Manual says to load "30-80%", so I'm wondering how much that minimum amount is.
2. Right. Although I'd think veteran stickstones' hits would be larger than smaller; 12 good- let alone large-sized hits is great!
3. The ~230C was an approximation to the "just under" combustion level. On second thought, assuming the dial is close to equally calibrated then that point would be at the end, presumably 5-6 o'clock, and 3 o'clock would then be approx mid-way or ~215C.

I know, I know - I'm obsessing. Blame stickstones. :D

oldiebutgoodie,
stonemonkey55 said:
We were going to start shipping them out last week but are having trouble configuring the sales tax component. That is expected to be resolved by end of day Monday, so we are expecting to ship out the first handful of units shortly thereafter.

Have a good weekend everyone.... it is about to get real!

Wow, am I on time or am I on time! :) Was searching the net for months and found this forum on vapes. What a great forum!

I've basically narrowed down my vape choices to VapeXhale Cloud, Vaporaztion Heat Wand 3.0 or Life Saber Vaporizer. Bongs I like are the Ehle 1000 ml w/ice notches & diffuser or VripMaster High Performance Vaporization Water Tool Pro Model + the ones in the Cloud.

Stonefree_OU812,

oldiebutgoodie

Stonefree_OU812 said:
What a great forum!

I've basically narrowed down my vape choices to VapeXhale Cloud, Vaporaztion Heat Wand 3.0 or Life Saber Vaporizer. Bongs I like are the Ehle 1000 ml w/ice notches & diffuser or VripMaster High Performance Vaporization Water Tool Pro Model + the ones in the Cloud.

You betcha, IMO this is the forum of vape-masters.

Did you happen to notice that the Vriptech thread was started by StoneMonkey? He is the master behind the design of the Cloud - which should tell you something. Personally, I would wait for the Cloud.

oldiebutgoodie,

sweetdreams4.2.0

i'm just stoked its monday which means hopefully SM will get a chance when hes not busy to let us know about tax situation... almost there everyone!

sweetdreams4.2.0,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom