Discontinued VapeXhaleLabs Presents: The Cloud

Status
Not open for further replies.

rabblerouser

Combustion Fucker
I think the only answer right now is much like when I'd ask my Dad when dinner would be ready:
"When it's ready".

rabblerouser,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
It will be well worth the wait.... god I miss my cloud. It is better to have had then lost, then to have never been clouding at all.

IAmKrazy2,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
IAmKrazy2 said:
It will be well worth the wait.... god I miss my cloud. It is better to have had then lost, then to have never been clouding at all.

LOL, that's funny and not to sound sadistic, but that is exactly how I want people to feel after they try the Cloud. Make the experience so good, you can't do without it.

I know that everyone is bummed that it looks like we will have to take more time in launching the Cloud but this is exactly the reason we did this soft launch. It would have been disastrous if we had all the units sent back to us with a similar problem. The product is only going to get better and as you can see from early users, the product has lived up to expectations from a functionality standpoint.

I think everyone just needs to keep in mind that I'm pretty much just like you guys. A guy that likes vaporizers and heavily participated in vaporizer forums that one day decided to try making one himself. The team I have working with me, I feel is world class, but at the end of the day, this is all of our first time building any type of consumer product, much less a vaporizer. I am pretty bummed that we have to do another turn of the crank because the early reviews were getting me so antsy to send out the rest, but at the end of the day, there were a few things they caught that we missed and the end product is going to be better for it.

Because of these issues, we found that we may be able to take out some inefficiencies in the system so that the final product will have a better finish and overall feel. Just know that we are all hard at work to push this thing out and while my ability to project release dates has been horrible, fortunately, our mission to create a kick ass vape has succeeded, now to just smooth out some rough edges.

Keep the reviews coming!

stonemonkey55,

Pappy

shmaporist
I've been using the VXC more for pleasure and convenience while waiting for a 14/18mm adapter to test my 14mm bongs. Right now my EQV feels neglected and pissed! :lol:

Pappy,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Quick overview, In comparison to the wand competition the VXC:

Superior heating element - noticeably better heat retention
better bowl design
more narrow vapor path
easier to use, load
quicker heat up time
superior housing custom enclosure
all visible vapor path
Superior method to determine temp
More complete extraction from your herb
Come complete with custom glass

IAmKrazy2,

He-Man

Prince
I waited 14 years for Duke Nukem to come out, seemed like forever :cool::p
But hey, its coming out in June, this year!!
duke.gif

So what is few more months for VXC than :D ... Yeah, piece of cake!

He-Man,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Been doing a little beta testing and here are my first impressions:

Smaller than I thought which is a plus to me, love the size, design. Really nice. Easy set up, heats up quick and just WOW!!

I tried one dry hit just for fun but had to add water post haste for the full experience. The showerdome hydratube is great, hits like a champ with great flavor. The unit and tube mate very well. I'm already looking towards my collection of tubes :cool:

I adore the bowl design and already envision some nice recovery for my tinctures from them. I found that I could pull the bowl out and give it a tumble to 'stir'. Love that!! No pokey sticks needed here. Ended up trying a few bowls without tumbling midstream and honestly am not sure that it is even necessary. Seems like an even thorough cooking so far without stirring or tumbling and I'm using a pretty fine grind. Oh and my billy bowl works great for scooping herb into the bowl.

This unit has taken the things I love about my favorite vapes, rolled them into one and improved them dramatically. The Cloud also gave me an old-school bong experience that I think any bong smoker would take to in a heartbeat with less fuss/hassle than the SSV. A home run in the making here I do believe!!

All in all! You've outdone yourself SM :D I am tickled to pieces and can't wait for the full launch. I'm so thrilled and plan to do some serious more test driving when I get home tonight including hooking it up to my Roor tube. Thanks so much :luv:

Research for my next report underway!!

Lo,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Lo said:
Been doing a little beta testing and here are my first impressions:

Smaller than I thought which is a plus to me, love the size, design. Really nice. Easy set up, heats up quick and just WOW!!

I tried one dry hit just for fun but had to add water post haste for the full experience. The showerdome hydratube is great, hits like a champ with great flavor. The unit and tube mate very well. I'm already looking towards my collection of tubes :cool:

I adore the bowl design and already envision some nice recovery for my tinctures from them. I found that I could pull the bowl out and give it a tumble to 'stir'. Love that!! No pokey sticks needed here. Ended up trying a few bowls without tumbling midstream and honestly am not sure that it is even necessary. Seems like an even thorough cooking so far without stirring or tumbling and I'm using a pretty fine grind. Oh and my billy bowl works great for scooping herb into the bowl.

This unit has taken the things I love about my favorite vapes, rolled them into one and improved them dramatically. The Cloud also gave me an old-school bong experience that I think any bong smoker would take to in a heartbeat with less fuss/hassle than the SSV. A home run in the making here I do believe!!

All in all! You've outdone yourself SM :D I am tickled to pieces and can't wait for the full launch. I'm so thrilled and plan to do some serious more test driving when I get home tonight including hooking it up to my Roor tube. Thanks so much :luv:

Research for my next report underway!!

Thanks Lo. Lady approved.

In my opinion, the one stir will help break down the herb a bit more to expose more surface area. For best practice, a single stir helps IMO.

Lo didn't know you were a tester, but I bet you can see how hard it is to of had a Cloud, and sent it back out. This vape is simply amazing.

IAmKrazy2,

Lo

I feel your pain Krazy!! Yeah, my SSV seems so caveman'ish now. :bowdown: Nice up in the clouds lol.

I did find the tumbling to be easier than opening the bowl to stir with less chance of wrecking the screen but in side by side ABV comparison between tumbled bowl and not...they both looked very similar. More testing needed and I'm on it :D

Lo,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I've had three sessions with it now and I packed up my ssv after the first one. Bottom line, this thing produces the tastiest, most soothing vapor I've ever tasted! Pretty much what I expected from a connoisseur like stonemonkey!

stickstones,

Pappy

shmaporist
I have to agree with Lo and stickstones. Used EQV today to put Moby nano through paces and I like VXC much better! :2c:
In my experience I've never had to stir an EZB chamber.

Pappy,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
The ice sessions are amazing! Thanks to sm for making the best vapor easy to get. I've always drooled over some of the vapor-to-glass setups around here knowing I wouldn't have anything like that for years. But this system brings it home easily. With water and ice, I can barely feel the vapor and it tastes amazing! I started to pick up on some subtle tastes that I hadn't before off this strain.

I wasn't digging the inability to leave it on all the time, but the warm up speed combined with how fast you can intake your meds make it all work. I can turn on the unit, pack a couple of ELB's while waiting for the unit to heat up and hit it as hard and fast as I want and it doesn't take any more time than it did to use my ssv, which was on all the time and ready to go.

I have been getting hits since session 1 with this thing that took me a little work to get with the ssv...and the taste and comfort are WAY better! I can't wait to see what I get out of the Cloud once I have it down pat.

stickstones,

Lo

More Cloud testing underway ;)

I introduced the Cloud to my Roor 18" tube. Holy crap...it could fill that tube and give lung busting hits but so smooth you don't even know it till your done for. Was very easy to use with the tube but... I really find I'm smitten with the hydratube. The hydratube has provided the largest, cleanest and tastiest hits of vapor I've ever tried with the least amount of effort or fuss. The tube with a little water makes huge hits go so smooth...absolutely amazing! I'm SMITTEN with the hydratube :D

I've been using a very fine grind (like for LB fine, coffee grinder fine) and I notice no particulate on any of the glass though I've used quite a bit already. The screen seems to work well with fine grind and hasn't clogged, looks like a snap to clean as well. I think the fine grind might help in my not really feeling a need to stir midstream. I'm getting a very even cooking through whether I take the bowl out and tumble it or not. If you had a less fine grind I imagine you could dump the load, grind further and reload to stretch your herb. The ABV from the cloud looks very evenly extracted to me though with my fine grind.

I'm really excited for more folks to get these in hand. I do believe people will be blown away by the experience. This really is a glass connoisseur type vaporizer but I do believe an old timer bong smoker would really be easily converted to vapor with the Cloud and feel right at home.

Oh and Star Wars fans might get a kick out of the red/green glowing lights lol.... It reminds me of Star Wars when I dim the lights.

Have I mentioned I'm smitten? :luv:

Lo,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Lo, I have one friend in particular who has never really been a vapor fan. I've known him for years, so he has had a chance to use most of my toys. He'll never turn down the chance to try, his best response ever was to my Supreme when used with a small glass straight tube. He said something to the effect of "I do like that one". But to many, the whole torch concept is a little intimidating.

Needless to say, he got on opportunity to rip a few from the VXC and this guy was very impressed. I gave him one full EZ bowl to himself and everytime he exhaled he smiled really big. Few words, mostly "Wow." "I cant believe this thing". "Tastes, wow." Funds are tight for him, with a couple little ones at home and not the best job, but im pretty certain there will be clouds on the horizon for him also. Bottom line, this thing could convince anyone to vape, and all else just doesn't compare.

IAmKrazy2,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
All of you beta testers better SHUT UP RIGHT NOW!

I had convinced myself I didn't want this thing, mostly because I will inevitably break the glass, and sooner rather than later. Now you're making me want one.

I hate you all.

pakalolo,

Pappy

shmaporist
Lo said:
Have I mentioned I'm smitten? :luv:
I am too, Lo! The more I use the VXC the more I like. In comical triangle now with 7th Floor and USPS over lost silicone tubing. What I appreciate most about the VXC is NO tubing, bags, wands, bowls, elbows, cleaning, or screens... Unless you consider the EZB a screen, which it is! :D But not just any screen. It actually retains most of the particulate! Screens and tubing are the Achilles Heel of both my vapes -- not the VXC.

Having used the VXC with a number of bongs, including the SGW Hydratube, I find the Hydratube slightly more efficient, perhaps squeezing out an extra "last hit" per load. :peace:

Pappy,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
pakalolo said:
All of you beta testers better SHUT UP RIGHT NOW!

I had convinced myself I didn't want this thing, mostly because I will inevitably break the glass, and sooner rather than later. Now you're making me want one.

I hate you all.

Haha i feel the same way. I keep drooling over these little reviews and now I really want one, and its perfect in my price range :ko:

WHOAH just looked back to VapeXhales site and it looks like the prices changed, i remember there was a $349 setup and now they are both $449 :/

Elluzion,

max

Out to lunch
Well I was gonna throw in my :2c: , as someone who's not a big glass fan, but is now hooked on the Cloud, but I guess I'll shut up. :uhoh:

I'll compile my thoughts and mention a few of the many highlights later on today, but I can confirm that sm has combined the best features of his favorite vapes (top performers in their class, of course) into the Cloud. There are a few kinks to be ironed out, and the heater sensor issue, which resulted in IAmKrazy2 and Pappy returning their beta units, is one that should be checked off as solved when the production units are shipped out. If that little part moves a millimeter during the build, it makes a difference, and their change in how the sensor is installed should solve the problem.

Lo said:
This really is a glass connoisseur type vaporizer but I do believe an old timer bong smoker would really be easily converted to vapor with the Cloud and feel right at home.
Good point Lo. IMO this will be the 'go to' vape for converting those heavy hitting bong lovers. Once you've got a loaded Cloud in your hands, there's no learning curve for a vapor newbie. And vapor newbie #2 can immediately hit it, just as hard as newbie #1 did, and get the same big hit.

Elluzion said:
WHOAH just looked back to VapeXhales site and it looks like the prices changed, i remember there was a $349 setup and now they are both $449
I believe the presale price on the gridded hydratree was $429. Doesn't seem to be a new price on that one yet, but yeah, presale is over and if you missed out, add $100 to the price of the SGW or VG versions. This is not a cheap vape to produce, especially considering the high quality glass included. Normally I have a hard time giving a thumbs up to models this expensive, and I'm not saying that the Cloud or any high end model gives you more or better vapor than lower cost quality models, but if you can afford the price, I think the vast majority of people (especially those who have used a variety of quality models) will decide this one is worth the money.

pakalolo said:
All of you beta testers better SHUT UP RIGHT NOW! I had convinced myself I didn't want this thing, mostly because I will inevitably break the glass, and sooner rather than later. Now you're making me want one. I hate you all.
:lol: I can see myself saying that. Think positive! The ShowerDome looks and feels downright unbreakable. And besides, you'll love it so much you'll handle it like a baby. ;)

In case size hasn't been mentioned lately, the Cloud body by itself is 6.5" high (add almost an inch for the gg joint) with about a 2.25" diameter-the size of a typical 500ml bottle of water. The ShowerDome is approx. 7 5/8", with an inner diameter at the top of 1.5". This is easily a hand held vape, and I mean one hand. I found myself handling it just like my PD with the 8" glass vapor tube.

max,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
The VXC is just so far ahead of the competition. Being without it is tough, and medicating with any of my other wand types just have left me unsatisfied. The Supreme has been nice, but I broke a wire on the temp guage a long time ago. A litle tougher to get perfection without it. Apples and oranges, but the PD's are getting worked cause they're easy to use

IAmKrazy2,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
max said:
In case size hasn't been mentioned lately, the Cloud body by itself is 6.5" high (add almost an inch for the gg joint) with about a 2.25" diameter-the size of a typical 500ml bottle of water. The ShowerDome is approx. 7 5/8", with an inner diameter at the top of 1.5". This is easily a hand held vape, and I mean one hand. I found myself handling it just like my PD with the 8" glass vapor tube.

:clap: At last, the elusive dimensions! Thanks ever so much, max. I've been after specific dimensions ever since I added the Cloud's Vaporpedia entry. stonemonkey55 was quite helpful while I created that, but somehow the dimensions kept eluding me. I'd asked another beta tester but he wanted to check that the dimensions were stable before he responded. I'll plug these in for now. I doubt they'll change significantly, and if they do I'll fix them. Can you give me approximate weight, with and without hydratube?

Since I'm not a beta tester, I'll be depending on you guys to provide information that will flesh out that entry. Feel free to log in and contribute yourself. I expect this thread to explode once the Cloud ships.

:doh: I guess that means I have to take back what I said earlier. Carry on.

pakalolo,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom