Discontinued VapeXhaleLabs Presents: The Cloud

Status
Not open for further replies.

lepstadder

On some of the videos the vapor is so thick when dislodging the cloud from the tube that you can see thick whisps, very impressive to get this without burning it or "scorching" it

I notice sometimes with the VHW that it can "scorch" the herb, it doesnt quite combust , but...

lepstadder,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Troi said:
Heres my first review of the cloud beta

--Initial Reaction

Got the beta cloud this morning; I have been through only two bowl packs. (I believe I ground up about .4 of bud, and packed 2 EZ loads). So far it has been as I hoped and anticipated, after unpacking the unit its about the exact size that I expected, roughly under 8 inches tall and about 1.5 inches wide (Not exact measurement will get that if anyone specifically interested). The unit is also surprisingly light (compared to many other vapes) but it is heavy enough to have a sturdy feel in your hand.

After plugging the unit in i turned it up to about 3/4 to allow it to warm up, then when the light turned green I allowed the unit to cool back to a little beyond 12 noon on the dial. loaded in the EZ bowl, and propped on the hydra-tube, and sucked within seconds i was tasting the tastiest vapor I have ever had, and blew a cloud with my first hit. I continued this with great enjoyment and after the first EZ bowl i was quite medicated, but i had to pack another and i am very medicated, probably set for the next 3-4 hours.

I am very impressed, I own the volcano Digit, LSV, Silver Surfer, MFLB, Extreme-Q and none of these devices impressed me in my initial use as the cloud did, in all the other devices I had to learn how to use them probably at least 5-6 packs if not more before i was getting vapor that was still not as satisfying as the cloud produced this morning. I don't think I will ever use one of my old vaporizers again.

--Pros
-Consistent, not air draw speed Dependant heat retention. I tried sucking slowly and very quickly and felt no difference in the vapor density or taste.
-Simple Warm up, set the switch to your desired temperature, hit the switch the light will turn red and then green when it is ready for you to draw from.
-Tasty vapor from get go, and till the bud has been spent. Roughly 6 hits per bowl, with a middle stir session will provide you all the medication that you want to draw from the herb.
-The Hyrdatube experience is simply awesome, its a new vaping experience in its own, very simple and enjoyable. In my opinion allows you to travel with the cloud without needing all your clunky glass especially nice for those of us who prefer/demand hydrated vapor.
-All Glass Airpath, you look right down the cloud and can see that its a straight glass tube, with no interference from a heating element or electronics.

-- Cons
--Currently have not found any, one thing I will mention, the ez load bowl has a tight mesh, and for heavy users yes over time this will become clogged and require an ISO soak. But, I am certain that these will be cost effective enough to have a couple on hand.

I will probably update this review -- but wanted to get my initial reactions on this board. Please feel free to ask me any questions I will be happy to answer. I will also be posting some videos tomorrow where the Cloud meets my 2010 BC king Dub Bub.

Troi - Thank you very much for the review. My experience has been the same, roughly 6 hits per bowl, if you crush and stir, maybe a few more. This is due to our efficiency in quickly extracting the vapor so you get as much punch per inhalation as possible. Honestly, I just don't have 10, 15, 30 minutes to sit around and try and polish off a bowl so when designing the Cloud, I wanted something that could accelerate this process.

I'm also glad that you are enjoying your HydraTube. I felt that these were good "all around" pieces that beginners and experienced glassheads could appreciate. It is sized when for vapor and like you said, a bit more portable. When we get more bandwidth, we will offer the kits with hard cases and cut out foam inserts so traveling with Cloud is easier and safer.

I'm interested in the preference of temperature as well. Pappy, it looks like you're dialed up at a considerably higher temp. than some of SM's previous vids...obviously this boils down to personal preference but I wonder where the (lucky) beta-testers have found their niche..? Again, all looks great, very much looking forward to the production models.

Yeah, try not to pay too much attention to where the knob is in these videos. Each unit is numbered on the bottom and calibrated slightly differently. The 3 oclock position that Pappy has it at will be the noon position on the production models.

@Pappy - thank you again for those videos. The Cloud was made for your collection and now it has found a home. Can't help but spot that Mobius Nano in the background. I'm not asking the Cloud to cheat on the SG..... but maybe it can have a late night rendezvous with the Nano.

stonemonkey55,

Pappy

shmaporist
stonemonkey55 said:
@Pappy - thank you again for those videos. The Cloud was made for your collection and now it has found a home. Can't help but spot that Mobius Nano in the background. I'm not asking the Cloud to cheat on the SG..... but maybe it can have a late night rendezvous with the Nano.
Thanks SM. Don't have 14/18 adaptor handy but as I told Hereatlast I'm going to hit Moby without diffy employing first chamber as dry. Will video and copy you and Circle the results.

Pappy,

ganja_farmer

Grate to see that the beta units are already being tested succesfully.

SM, is a 220v and euro cord version ever going to be relased? I will be grate for us in Europe.

Thanks for creating such a grate vaporizer, dieing to try it.

ganja_farmer,

smarc

Glad to see positive reviews from other users...not that we ever doubted SM.

and to think this thread almost got bumped off the front page a couple days ago.

More videos!!!!

smarc,

lepstadder

Honestly, I just don't have 10, 15, 30 minutes to sit around and try and polish off a bowl

This was/is an issue with many vapes and is what turns alot of heavy users away from vaporizers

lepstadder,

ShadowLink12

Activist
All this content the last few days has me salivating, I have never been so hyped and impatient for a product to hit the market.

Lets see some hydratube videos!

ShadowLink12,

Pappy

shmaporist
Got a PM this a.m. from Stephen @ Sovereignty Glass...

"Thanks Pappy Glad you like. Great vid too I love watching the stack o bubbles. Stone Monkey does know vape, I tested a prototype a long time ago and have to say that it was the best vape experience i have had."

Pappy,

ShadowLink12

Activist
Nice Pappy, thanks for getting that up for us. So have you (or any of the beta testers) pretty much finished every bowl setting it at the same temperature for the whole thing? It seems this is what you lucky one have been saying. If this is the case...how is flavor retention from the first hit to the last hit? Normally the last couple hits are pretty crappy tasting due to bumpin the temperature up...so I was wondering if the VXC gets past that more than other vapes.

ShadowLink12,

hereatlast

Nice vids Pappy. Glad to see you running the Cloud through its paces :cool:

I didn't realize that the bottom chamber on the Mobius was that large, I can imagine that leaving it dry isn't very enjoyable for that reason...it wasn't designed as such. That said, I'm sure I'm not the only that has hit my glass piece dry just to see the effect, a weird and not that fun experience for me (and you too by the look of the things).
Again, nice to see the Cloud attached to such an array of designs and sizes, fun last couple days by the looks of it :lol:

hereatlast,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
nice pappy!

I've grown fond of your finger counting and your dancing!

I thought the base unit was going to be heavy, but it doesn't tip any of the glass you have used so far, right?

stickstones,

B.

War Criminal
pappy you magnificent bastard, your videos are makin me jones for a cloud more than ever

B.,

Pappy

shmaporist
ShadowLink12 said:
Nice Pappy, thanks for getting that up for us. So have you (or any of the beta testers) pretty much finished every bowl setting it at the same temperature for the whole thing? It seems this is what you lucky one have been saying. If this is the case...how is flavor retention from the first hit to the last hit? Normally the last couple hits are pretty crappy tasting due to bumpin the temperature up...so I was wondering if the VXC gets past that more than other vapes.
Yeah, I just had a crappy tasting hit but it was like 6th or 7th. The sweet-spot on my beta is 2 to 3 pm. Having owned 2 Qs I learned a long time ago each individual vape unit has it own particular sweet-spot. The same models even vary. I haven't had to stir, an additional benefit. I find the VXC a tasty vape. Your mileage will vary depending on your diffusion. The Hydratubes are low water/low volume and deliver on taste.
hereatlast said:
Nice vids Pappy. Glad to see you running the Cloud through its paces :cool:

I didn't realize that the bottom chamber on the Mobius was that large, I can imagine that leaving it dry isn't very enjoyable for that reason...it wasn't designed as such. That said, I'm sure I'm not the only that has hit my glass piece dry just to see the effect, a weird and not that fun experience for me (and you too by the look of the things).
Again, nice to see the Cloud attached to such an array of designs and sizes, fun last couple days by the looks of it :lol:
Actually, the Moby delivered a big hit after a little grinding. But the circ is dependent on the first chamber shower-head, that's the way "circ"le originally designed it. :lol:

stickstones said:
nice pappy!

I've grown fond of your finger counting and your dancing!

I thought the base unit was going to be heavy, but it doesn't tip any of the glass you have used so far, right?
Thanks sticks. Haven't gotten this blasted in a long time and I always dance when I'm stoned. I let it rest in the joints of all my pieces and no mishaps thus far. :o :uhoh:

B. said:
pappy you magnificent bastard, your videos are makin me jones for a cloud more than ever
Hahaha, thanks B.

Pappy,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
I remember a while back someone saying they would sell their Supreme once they got their Cloud. To me, the VXC heat retention, narrow vapor path, narrow, bowl, and hits compare best to the S, and i would never get rid of mine. I could use it on the run, or during a power-outage. Anyway, enough about the Supreme but i feel the VXC compares better to the S then then the LSV, MW, or VHW. Here it goes anyway.

Random Thoughts:
Just the concept of being able to look right down the all glass vapor path and see through to the other side is amazing. I have not wanted to use any other vaporizer since i got this one, this has included my PD. I know i will work back in my PD and MFLB again, but haven't thus far. Think my LB will get back in the rotation tomorrow for some away from home work. But the VXC heats in 3 minutes, loads quick and easy, and is fun as hell to use, gets you ripped, and browns through everything. The Eclipse has its own use too, but it is to smoke oil, bubble hash, pressed kief, ect. Not truly vape. More on that later.

Efficiency:
Interesting place to start. How would one define efficient? If finding a perfect temp for you then getting your entire load the same color is your definition of efficient, then the VXC wins. I think this is extremely efficient. You will get more hits with the LSV and MW for sure, but will have a much more difficult time browning all your herb to the exact same color, especially without temp adjustment like i am able to do with the VXC. Same temp begining to end, with no compromise in thickness of vapor. Low temp, and thick... Amazing. The VXC simply extracts the goodies better then the others.
You will get a few hits that taste less then perfect at the end, but much less effort and asshole hits then you would get with any other vape and you can brown everything you favorite color all the way through, same temp start to finish, AMAZING. Did i say that already? I also found, one stir even for a full bowl pack, no problem.

Taste:
Very very very good. Compares favorably to the MW and the VHW, and LSV. Not going to lie, they all provide really clean vapor taste. I think the VXC excels in that it has a water tool that is small enough to preserve taste, and with low volume water capacity. It just simple works very well and tastes great right out the box. No need to try tons of glass till you find a winner, unless you want to that is.
one more important point on taste, because vapor is so thick at low temp, i feel i get a deep more rich flavor from the VXC. There is certain flavors at the back of my pallet or something, that just leave me smacking my lips
Favorites so far; Bluererry Gum, LSD, Blue Mystic, Sour Diesel, and of course some pure bubble hash! Yummy!

Ease of use:
I would have to say we have a new winner here. The MW is pretty easy to use too, but i see a couple of big differences. I much prefer the EZ load bowl of the VXC with no movable parts that can (and did) break. i broke a MW bowl on my second or third night using it. I have gone years with the VHW without breaking a single of my three bowls. No sticky or hot pieces to wait for cooling either, oh yeah! A quicker heat up time then any competitor, and a solid system that tells you when you are to the heat you desire and have set the temp to. Not just that you may or may not be in a desirable vapor zone (like the MW green light), or guess and check like the VHW/LSV.
Also, the dial is on the unit, where it should be, and the VXC is pulled from any water tool (including the hydratree) easier then the MW, LSV, or VHW, plus its all one motion and quicker to do. With the others, you need to remove your wand, place it somewhere safe, then remove the bowl to clear the glass of vapor. Removing the VXC unit/lifting the tree is easy and only a single step process.
I have no concern about burning the cord ever, like i do sometimes with the MW. The VXC needs the least stirring of any of the others, and you can have a bowl waiting on the side. Better yet, 3 or 4 waiting of various strains. Last and not least, when the VXC hits the green light, it is optimal and ready to go. Unlike all the other wand vapes, you have to wait much longer for what i personally consider optimal vape temp, or the glass pieces to get hot throughout.
Oh yeah, best temp dial of the bunch, although i like how the LSV dial looks it is too "easy" to adjust.
Only negative is that it does get hot quick, and you need to remember to turn it off if not hitting it for a couple minutes or longer. I think some improvement may be made in insulation for long term use in the production units, but i am uncertain,

Durability:
I haven't dropped it so far but seems it would beat all but the LSV when in full suit and armor. Cant say for certain without a level in testing i am unwilling to go to. I can say, one of the pitfalls is the HydraTrees can roll or topple easily. I believe a solution in the forum of a stand is being worked on by SM

Thickness of Vapor:
As said before, this is the new king. The heat retention beats out even the VHW, and compares best to the Supreme. The VXC is just much more consistent with much better taste. I have tried it with water tools big and small, including adding my Luke Wilson inline attachment onto a couple of my water tools and ripping through the whole thing as hard as i could. Very VERY nice. Having a straight visible vapor path with no restriction is also awesome.

Appearance:
This beast looks cool as hell. Once again, a glass vapor path you can actually look straight through? amazing. Brush SS finish for production model (i think). Thick durable cord, cool looking light. Nice dial hardware and housing. Cool logo. Maybe rivaled by the LSV while fully suited up, but it is close.

Bowl design:
Wow. No extra movable glass pieces. Narrow vapor path. Doesn't get hot. Cheap to replace or stock up on. The best of the best IMO. They had mentioned a while back making a bowl for smaller amounts of material, but i don't think anyone will need it, you can load a little or a lot with equal results. I have tried 10% to 85% bowl packs, i have tried them tapped down tight, and loosey goosey. Resulted always in awesome vapor. Pull proof, or fool proof. Little to no stirring needed. This bowl will even work with bubble hash and no herb, oh my!

Oil and Concentrates:
Big advantage, this is the only vape i feel it is relatively easy to use with bubble hash and other concentrates with no herb. You can get great taste, turn it up to 3 or 4 o'clock or even all the way. but i hope you can get a little higher temp in the production unit, i like to really burn this stuff up in my Eclipse, but can always drop the load in there after its run through the Cloud and finish it off

Improvements:
I have requested a longer cord, which will be added to production unit,
Only other issue with the unit itself, and i mean ONLY other issue is the unit does get hot after prolong use. Some improvement might be made here, but i am uncertain. My suggestion, hit the off switch if not ripping for a few minutes, it only takes 3 minutes from cold or so to heat, and less for a unit that isn't fully cooled from earlier use. Some sort of rubber or silicone handle could be added to the unit, but this is not something i expect VX to do to the production unit. Maybe a slightly higher temp for vaporizing other material then herb.
Other issue, is the cool as hell hydratubes have a narrow surface to balance on. I suggest everyone invest in a tube stand, and that when VXC decides on a final price to include the stand in that price. I feel it is mandatory to protect these one of a kind master pieces then an optional add-on.

Will shoot a video eventually, but will leave you waiting for some days.

IAmKrazy2,

Ennui Cookout

Everything I have ever seen in this thread screams 'Sell your collection, buy this one'. Of course, now that I have a start of a collection, it'd be a shame to stop here... Even if I'm 99% sure this is exactly what I'll need for a long time. :D

@Pappy: Dude, the way you count down for each hit is so fucking suave. Those videos are totally rad from the music to your clear commentary, thanks for sharing!

@IAmKrazy2: Oh man, looking forward to videos from you too. Excellent review. Any comments on cleanup compared to log vapes? Easier, cleaner? Messier?

Ennui Cookout,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Ennui Cookout said:
Everything I have ever seen in this thread screams 'Sell your collection, buy this one'. Of course, now that I have a start of a collection, it'd be a shame to stop here... Even if I'm 99% sure this is exactly what I'll need for a long time. :D

@Pappy: Dude, the way you count down for each hit is so fucking suave. Those videos are totally rad from the music to your clear commentary, thanks for sharing!

@IAmKrazy2: Oh man, looking forward to videos from you too. Excellent review. Any comments on cleanup compared to log vapes? Easier, cleaner? Messier?

Definitely keep all your vapes, some of the vapes that I have sold, I dearly miss. Even if this becomes your daily driver, it is still fun to drive other vehicles once in a while.

Pappy's got Pappy Swagger in those videos. No matter what mood I'm in, I watch a Pappy video and it brings a smile to my face.

stonemonkey55,

Pappy

shmaporist
Thanks but I'm not worthy! I do take my job as VXC Beta Tester 3 seriously. :lol: Familiarity breeds either contempt or comfort and in the case of the VXC I've become more comfortable using it for fun when not testing. Just took 7 rips on BW. :p
Nighty night.

Pappy,

B.

War Criminal
man, i'm like a vape hoarder.I still have my vapir air one in a closet somewhere. that piece of shit is what helped me make the leap from smoking to vaping back in '05? '06? it leaked vapor from everywhere on the unit, i had to tape it up so i didn't waste a shitload of vapor, and that goddam fan was so fuckin annoying i bought a ssv just because it was silent. i'll probably never use it again, but i'll also never get rid of it either.

i did throw away my vapor buddy. fuck that thing.

B.,

jimbo

winterize
IAmKrazy2 said:
I remember a while back someone saying they would sell their Supreme once they got their Cloud.

That would be me :) I would love to keep the SV but I have to keep the peace with my wife, promised
her that I'd only have four vapes and four pieces of glass :(

Anyways, awesome reviews and videos everyone, keep 'em coming!

jimbo,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
jimbo said:
IAmKrazy2 said:
I remember a while back someone saying they would sell their Supreme once they got their Cloud.

That would be me :) I would love to keep the SV but I have to keep the peace with my wife, promised

It's all good though, because she's promised you that she'll only have four pairs of shoes, and four handbags, right? :rolleyes: Haha I kid I kid :lol: ....at least once you get the cloud, you'll have 3 vapes, plus one super Vape!

Purpl3_Haz3,

blackbur

after reading krazy's and pappy's testimonies/reviews..i am all sorts of excited for the launch of this badboy. sm55 take your sweet time man, the more we wait the more tastier that first hit will be. :lol:

hehe

blackbur,

havock69

Purpl3_Haz3 said:
jimbo said:
IAmKrazy2 said:

It's all good though, because she's promised you that she'll only have four pairs of shoes, and four handbags, right? :rolleyes: Haha I kid I kid :lol: ....at least once you get the cloud, you'll have 3 vapes, plus one super Vape!

Priech brotha, preach!! Haha
I always get shit for buying more glass and mire vapes. But I think she's coming around, bought a few things from 7th floor and she was just as exited as I was.

havock69,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom