Discontinued VapeXhaleLabs Presents: The Cloud

Status
Not open for further replies.

rabblerouser

Combustion Fucker
i love people coming in having just missed the date, when the pre-order period really ran about 6 months longer than i thought it was going to when i put in mine.

rabblerouser,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Happy Friday everyone!

Doback - thank you very much for the insightful review. While I don't want to pretend that my motives are 100% altruistic for creating the VapeXhale Cloud, it is stories like yours which really fulfill that part of me that wants to do some good for this planet.

Your feedback, along with guys like Troi, IamKrazy, Vtac, Lo, Stickstones, Max, and Pappy, I hope has given the readers of this forum some insight into the evolutionary jump that the Cloud gives you in vapor performance. I chose this group of folks to be my primary testers because of their reputation on fc.com and the fact that between them, they own all of the major vaporizers from the wands, desktop units, and the portables.

I know that every vaporizer specific thread has claims from their users that "this is the best vape ever" or "this vape changed my outlook on vaporizing" but you really have to peel back the layers of the onion to do an accurate analysis. Who are these users? What is their experience level? What vapes do they own? Have they ever tried vapor-bonging before? Do they have the right vaporizer to make an accurate comparison? Once you start putting these things into context, you can begin realizing what type of performance you can expect from the Cloud

In regards to pricing, would I have liked to keep the price of the Cloud at the intro price? Of course I would, and hopefully with some better planning and bigger purchasing power, we can get the Cloud back into that pricing realm (no promises but I am trying). The fact of the matter is, even at $450 for a complete kit, if you are going after big, tasty, full flavored, potent vapor, the performance of this machine justifies the cost. IMHO, even if you factor in price/performance ratio, at $450, I still feel that the Cloud stands on its own.

I don't want to be on this soapbox too long, but anyone who has familiarity with me on this forum knows that I gobble up each major vape as they are released for two reasons:

1. I am a vapor junkie and my inner curiosity about vaporizers compels me to buy each one
2. If the Cloud gets out performed by any of these vapes, I go back to the drawing board to make it better.

My promise to the forum members is that if you purchase and use the Cloud, and your judging criteria is vapor density, flavor, and smoothness of hit, then you will be hard pressed to find a vape that is on the same level.

With that said, we are a few weeks away from getting our new heaters. The beta testers will get a second round of units to test, maybe even a few new guys will be added. Please don't inquire whether or not you can be a tester, we will be hand choosing the next batch based on the same criteria:

* how you handle and present yourself on the forum
* your vaporizer experience
* your vaporizer collection
* ability to articulate your thoughts when typing

Happy Friday everyone!

stonemonkey55,

scientist22

Vapor bong addict
I can not even wait for the cloud to come out I am going nuts over it....so much glass i want to try with it. I love big glass and I feel like nothing will rip better through really big glass like the cloud. SM55 huge expectation but I am 99.999% sure I won't be disappointed :p Also would love to see the rain soon

scientist22,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Thanks SM55, on behalf of all testers, been a pleasure working with you and even more of a pleasure trying the product. What's next? The Rain? A portable? Forcast calls for a 100% chance of Clouds.

Happiness is a warm VXC.

IAmKrazy2,

max

Out to lunch
What's next? The Rain? A portable?
A portable might not be on the drawing board yet, but I've heard a comment or two, and even a vape name. We should keep in mind though, that if sm can't come up with a design that offers some kind of improvement over what's already out there, the product will probably not come to be.

max,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
max said:
What's next? The Rain? A portable?
A portable might not be on the drawing board yet, but I've heard a comment or two, and even a vape name. We should keep in mind though, that if sm can't come up with a design that offers some kind of improvement over what's already out there, the product will probably not come to be.

After talking to SM55 I would think issues like vapor density and non restricted air flow and ease of use will be the obstacles that VX would like to improve on over some of the current portables like the Solo.

IAmKrazy2,

abo27495

Any of the beta-testers have any problems with the heater falling off?
and SM, would my idea to electro-form the vxl rain to disperse the heat better work?

abo27495,

Carbon

I can't wait for you guys to get this thing finalized. I can't even imagine how the guys here feel that have been on this since last year.

The Vriptech I had was great for flavor and effect. I liked using water diffusion and ice at the time, but it was a bit too harsh for my sensitive airway unless I traded off drawing with a friend or two. It was also very bulky and cumbersome (the newer wands seem much better). I got a Volcano some time after that, but found the effect and taste from the bags to be lacking compared with the old 007 kit. I can take some monster rips from the bag through my beaker pipe with Alex K showered diffuser, but I am still left wanting more. I want to go back to that direct draw taste but with the added smoothness of a well-crafted piece of glass. Here's just one more member eagerly anticipating this thing. If it's even half as good as I'm reading from some of the early testers it should be plenty motivation to send the German metal cone I have packing. Hell I could probably fund my entire Cloud purchase just finding a new home for the Volcano. I'm ready for you to give me the right reason SM55! We'd love to have you down here in SoCal sometime soon if your schedule permits.

Carbon,

weedemon

enthusiast
looking forward to the 2nd round of beta testing and reading the reviews. I have heard this is a SSV retiring device. and since the SSV is my daily driver (which i use though a perked stem bong) i am anxious to try it. Thick tasty rips that don't destroy my lungs are what im after and from the sounds of things i am sure this will deliver. fingers crossed that after the 2nd round of beta it goes final! :D

thanks for the update SM55!

weedemon,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
abo27495 said:
Any of the beta-testers have any problems with the heater falling off?
and SM, would my idea to electro-form the vxl rain to disperse the heat better work?

All of the malfunctioning beta units were because of the a sensor that was knocked loose so we were extremely relieved to have discovered this issue. Our new heaters, with the embedded sensor, should solve this problem as the heater itself never moved, just the sensor that it was holding in place would slightly shift.

I have not had a chance to test out if electroforming the VXR would help disperse the heat better. The next time I'm with Vertigo or SGW, I'll see if they can help electroform one of my VXRs. The VXR development has been put on hold as our main focus has been on the Cloud but realistically, the VXR is pretty close to completion as we have tried a few different variations that were much more durable.

Given the limited bandwidth of our team, we figured we would continue to focus our efforts on the Cloud, once it is released VXR is next on the roadmap....after that... ????? It might be time for VapeXhale to behave like a big boy company and keep our cards a little closer to our chest ;)

stonemonkey55,

psyshaman

Vapor Viking
Don't hide those cards SM55, part of the reason FC and the vapor community love your awesome Vapexhale crew is the the involvement you have here! The other part of it speaks for itself with the products you are working on

Cheers for keeping us in the loop with the updates!! Just placed my name down on your waiting list.
Over 2500 replies for your vape and it still in beta testing, that's some super serious interest in your wondrous cloud! :peace:

psyshaman,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
weedemon said:
looking forward to the 2nd round of beta testing and reading the reviews. I have heard this is a SSV retiring device. and since the SSV is my daily driver (which i use though a perked stem bong) i am anxious to try it. Thick tasty rips that don't destroy my lungs are what im after and from the sounds of things i am sure this will deliver. fingers crossed that after the 2nd round of beta it goes final! :D

thanks for the update SM55!

yupyup...that's what it did to me. the cloud is immediately the replacement for whatever your big hitter is. it warms up quicker, hits easier and tastes better than anything else out there. my best portable still gets used and my pd still gets used. now im out to see how efficient this thing can be. all this reading about the cloud has got me hungry for a hit, even at bedtime!

stickstones,

Nosferatu

Usually through water its really hard for me to get some flavor, but with the vapexhale does the small amount of water solve this issue? People say its the tastiest vape ever but is that compared to non water filtered hits?? If so, I need one of these! :ko:

Nosferatu,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Nosferatu said:
Usually through water its really hard for me to get some flavor, but with the vapexhale does the small amount of water solve this issue? People say its the tastiest vape ever but is that compared to non water filtered hits?? If so, I need one of these! :ko:

For max taste use without water. But, the low volume water hits are very tasty. I love the deep taste of the VXC something about the vapor density is what makes the taste thicker and fuller then the MW, LSV, or VHW but the taste itself may not be any better.

IAmKrazy2,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
I experimented quite a bit without water and was surprised at how cool/smooth the vapor was. I do like using with water but honestly the hydratube works VERY well with no water at all. The flavor is still very good with water but a tad better flavor with no water IMHO.

My beta has not had the sensor knocked loose (knocks on wood). I think the change to make sure the sensor can't be knocked loose will be a good thing and avoid unnecessary warranty returns. I think it's great that these issues are being worked out now before production models go out. Got to love good R&D :D

Lo,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
You can use the hydratubes dry to try to get the most flavor, but IMO there is a bigger factor at play here.

IMO, many people are used to having to clear nasty/harsh smoke quickly, and still do that although it is unnecessary with all decent vaporizers (and absolutely uneceasary with the Cloud).

I feel that the bigger factor is that the flavor is better in pieces with less free space (free space = no water churning in that space). That way, instead of kicking into high gear for the instant-clear right when the delicious vapor is about to enter your mouth; you are getting flavor sooner and constantly until you decide to clear the little space there is to clear when ready). Mmmmmm....vapor slowly traveling across one's palate instead of racing across, only to be tasted stale on a slow and careful exhale.

In addition to having unmatched heat retention, transference, production, and moderation (which allows the cloud to maintain such precise/consistent saturated temperatures); the hydratubes, which allow the vapor to be well dissected an reconstructed in a short space, play a HUGE role in the reported unmatched flavor of the cloud (IMO).

I like that the guys at Vape Exhale are going for sturdy (as sturdy as glass gets), meticulously designed/crafted, and idiot proof.

It is amazing the way technology can progress so fast at times. I feel like I am living in the future, man.

Progress,

Engy

engy
Hey, the Cloud looks quite impressive. It's evident that a lot of work went into it. I had a few questions that I didn't see the answers to in this thread / your site that I was wondering about.

Where is the temperature sensor located? I think I remember you mentioning that you used a thermistor. Is is on the heater, near the bowl, in the air path, or elsewhere?

What kind of heater are you using in the cloud? What type of component is actually consuming electricity and converting it to heat?

Thanks!

Engy,

RaK427

A VXC then a VXR in the near future? This is all too exciting, I will have to own both units! Keep those cards in the open SM55 (at least on FC)! I'm definitely very curious about the VXR.

RaK427,

Nosferatu

Engy said:
Hey, the Cloud looks quite impressive. It's evident that a lot of work went into it. I had a few questions that I didn't see the answers to in this thread / your site that I was wondering about.

Where is the temperature sensor located? I think I remember you mentioning that you used a thermistor. Is is on the heater, near the bowl, in the air path, or elsewhere?

What kind of heater are you using in the cloud? What type of component is actually consuming electricity and converting it to heat?

Thanks!

I feel like these questions have been hard to get an answer on also..not that i asked

Nosferatu,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
RaK427 said:
A VXC then a VXR in the near future? This is all too exciting, I will have to own both units! Keep those cards in the open SM55 (at least on FC)! I'm definitely very curious about the VXR.

I like the sound of what i bolded in the quote above...meaning, where SM mentioned not being so open about product development, maybe we could have a VIP vxl thread. You'd have to be a registered FC user of X months with X posts, to verify legitimacy. The thread could be a R&D outlet for vxl, that gave them more controlled (more controlled than this thread) environment to put ideas out there, and accept suggestions.

Also, Progress...I like the way you describe the possible reasons for the exceptional taste with the cloud. It makes a lot of sense, and explains why the cloud produces such tasty Vape. Al

Purpl3_Haz3,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Progress said:
You can use the hydratubes dry to try to get the most flavor, but IMO there is a bigger factor at play here.

IMO, many people are used to having to clear nasty/harsh smoke quickly, and still do that although it is unnecessary with all decent vaporizers (and absolutely uneceasary with the Cloud).

I feel that the bigger factor is that the flavor is better in pieces with less free space (free space = no water churning in that space). That way, instead of kicking into high gear for the instant-clear right when the delicious vapor is about to enter your mouth; you are getting flavor sooner and constantly until you decide to clear the little space there is to clear when ready). Mmmmmm....vapor slowly traveling across one's palate instead of racing across, only to be tasted stale on a slow and careful exhale.

In addition to having unmatched heat retention, transference, production, and moderation (which allows the cloud to maintain such precise/saturated temperatures); the hydratubes, which allow the vapor to be well dissected an reconstructed in a short space, play a HUGE role in the reported unmatched flavor of the cloud (IMO).

I like that the guys at Vape Exhale are going for sturdy (as sturdy as glass gets), meticulously designed/crafted, and idiot proof.

It is amazing the way technology can progress so fast at times. I feel like I am living in the future, man.

Very nicely put, keen analysis. Agreed.

IAmKrazy2,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Nosferatu said:
Engy said:

Thanks!

I feel like these questions have been hard to get an answer on also..not that i asked

Well they aren't, actually. The Vaporpedia entry answers question about the type of heater:

http://www.vaporpedia.com/wiki/VapeXhale#Description

This has also been mentioned a few times earlier in this thread. The positioning question has also been discussed in this thread because several beta units suffered from dislodged sensors. As stonemonkey55 states clearly just five posts before Engy asks the question:

stonemonkey55 said:
All of the malfunctioning beta units were because of the a sensor that was knocked loose so we were extremely relieved to have discovered this issue. Our new heaters, with the embedded sensor, should solve this problem as the heater itself never moved, just the sensor that it was holding in place would slightly shift.

Emphasis mine.

pakalolo,

Engy

engy
pakalolo said:
Nosferatu said:
Engy said:

Thanks!

Well they aren't, actually. The Vaporpedia entry answers question about the type of heater:

http://www.vaporpedia.com/wiki/VapeXhale#Description

This has also been mentioned a few times earlier in this thread. The positioning question has also been discussed in this thread because several beta units suffered from dislodged sensors. As stonemonkey55 states clearly just five posts before Engy asks the question:

stonemonkey55 said:

Emphasis mine.

Thanks.

To be fair, the type of heater used in the Cloud was never stated in this thread. Look for yourself
google: site:fuckcombustion.com vapexhalelabs ceramic heater

Here's the quote from vaporpedia for those who are interested:
"The Cloud Heat Injector uses a unique heater design that features a molded ceramic heater wrapped around an all-glass vapor passage. A controlled-loop algorithm ensures consistent temperatures during a draw. It is enclosed in an insulated aluminum housing to permit easy one-handed use when a HydraTube is mounted. The top of the Cloud houses a male conical glass-on-glass (GonG) joint that accepts the Easy Load Bowl, which is designed to hold the herb in place so that you can use the Cloud inverted. This allows you to connect the Cloud to almost anything in your existing glass collection (adapters will be needed for 14mm pieces)."

Engy,

doback

Just posting a quick idea not sure if it has been commented but if maximum water filtration (for someone like me) is desired then I would recommend using a honeycomb disc such as some ph(x) and liquid ice water pipes use. It would make for not only more bubbles in small space but it looks freakin sweet when it's going. What do you think stonemonkey55 and FC comm.?

doback,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Engy said:
Thanks.

To be fair, the type of heater used in the Cloud was never stated in this thread. Look for yourself
google: site:fuckcombustion.com vapexhalelabs ceramic heater

Here's the quote from vaporpedia for those who are interested:
"The Cloud Heat Injector uses a unique heater design that features a molded ceramic heater wrapped around an all-glass vapor passage. A controlled-loop algorithm ensures consistent temperatures during a draw. It is enclosed in an insulated aluminum housing to permit easy one-handed use when a HydraTube is mounted. The top of the Cloud houses a male conical glass-on-glass (GonG) joint that accepts the Easy Load Bowl, which is designed to hold the herb in place so that you can use the Cloud inverted. This allows you to connect the Cloud to almost anything in your existing glass collection (adapters will be needed for 14mm pieces)."

The first relevant mention of the heater is this:

stonemonkey55 said:
@hippie dickie - I'll get some pictures later on that will show the heating element but just to give you an idea, we took a different approach. Instead of putting the glass around a heating element and heating it from the inside out, we use a proprietary heater that we can shape around our glass to heat it from the outside in. The air never touches anything but hot glass.

That's post #157 in this thread. There are several other posts concerning the heater. I'm surprised that your search doesn't turn up some of them, but you can see why that one didn't.

I assembled the Vaporpedia entry, and the information there about the heater came from either this thread or from the information on the VapeXhale Labs website. stonemonkey55 reviewed it for accuracy. I realize that it is daunting to tackle a thread of more than 100 pages, especially searching for a specific answer about design details. That's why I keep adding stuff to Vaporpedia, and I wish more people would do the same.

pakalolo,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom