Discontinued VapeXhaleLabs Presents: The Cloud

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lo

Combustion free since '09
ROFL!! I didn't make the shirt. It is from another vaping monkey in California...an ecig dude. I saw it and it screamed SM so I had someone snag one for me to send to SM.

If he puts them on a website for sale I shall holler :)

Lo,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
Lo said:
ROFL!! I didn't make the shirt. It is from another vaping monkey in California...an ecig dude. I saw it and it screamed SM so I had someone snag one for me to send to SM.

If he puts them on a website for sale I shall holler :)

Too bad, I like it!

On a side note, I know of one site (there are probably many more) cafepress.com where you can make tshirts, and most anything from office supplys, to cups, with any logo, text, picture, etc on it.

Maybe someone would like to find a site like the one I posted, maybe cheaper, to design a FC shirt on...

Purpl3_Haz3,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
VWFringe said:
are the heaters fused to the tube, or slide on?

(those pictures looking thru were so cool)

The heater itself is not fused to the tube but it is very tightly wrapped around the glass then held in place by our proprietary thermal insulator. Big thanks to @vtac for posting those pictures as I still feel that this is one of the key differentiators between the Cloud and most other vaporizers.

Other manufacturers claim that there is little to no difference in the taste between glass and ceramic/steel/aluminum but every single one of the beta testers have noticed some sort of discernible difference. It is the same reason why we don't drink fine wine out of a ceramic/steel/aluminum cup... it alters the flavor.

Honestly, when we first designed the Cloud, I didn't think that being able to look down the center and see an all glass vapor path would really interest anyone other than seasoned vaporists but it is almost always the first thing that someone points out when I show them the Cloud.

Quick Update on the new heaters - testing has gone really well, along with the embedded sensor, we have been able to find another culprit for why the previous units were malfunctioning. PowerNerd can go into the specifics but the Cliff Notes version is that the Cloud needed better surge protection to handle any spikes in power. This is why one of the Clouds failed when I had it hooked up to my car and started the engine while it was on. We have already found a solution for this and are very optimistic that these two key ingredients will be exactly what the Cloud needs for extended durability and the positive side bonus is that it will also help with the accuracy of our temperature sensor.

stonemonkey55,

weedemon

enthusiast
thanks for the update on the heaters SM55!

I have since spent my money that i had saved for the could, but will start another fund asap haha. I also think it's really awesome that you can see through the whole unit. when the holy grail comes along im gonna borrow cash if i don't have it together by then.

great work on correcting the surge protection too! I would cry if i accidentally killed up my cloud!

How long do you think the 2nd round of beta testing will go on for? probably one of those "until it's done" things? I dunno if you are familiar with the gaming company Blizzard, but they are well known for being very late on producing the goods, but when it does finally come it's pretty near perfect. (WOW excluded. never played that game because I am anti pay per month to play.)

weedemon,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
weedemon said:
thanks for the update on the heaters SM55!

How long do you think the 2nd round of beta testing will go on for? probably one of those "until it's done" things? I dunno if you are familiar with the gaming company Blizzard, but they are well known for being very late on producing the goods, but when it does finally come it's pretty near perfect. (WOW excluded. never played that game because I am anti pay per month to play.)

Don't want to speak for SM55 but since he only received two new heaters, the new true beta period is a bit away still. Assuming the new design is a go, he'll be looking at mid July at the earliest to receive a substantial inventory of the new heaters. These will be hand assembled into beta units (likely reusing some old units, and making additional units with increased heat dispersion). I would guess (and sure hope), to have a beta in my hand again sometime by the end of August. If all goes well, you'll be seeing a full launch 1 to 3 months after the new beta testing period (U.S. release only). And a international release a bit further down the road.

OK, rambled a bit above. Feeling nice, just used my HydraTree for the first time in months with my Supreme. HT is perfectly clean, and just owe so nice. The Supreme Fills it nicely, and is the only vape that is actually comparable with vapor density to the VXC. The VXC beats the hell out of the S in taste, ease of use, overall finish, package contents, ect., but sure does produce some thick vapor. I think the VXC still has the edge, cause you can just dial down on super low tem., and blow Clouds with very little fluctuation. Where the S drops down once i hit that perfect temp.

Back to the HT, this is a fine piece of glass, and so great for vaporizing. Seriously, IMO anyone who buys a VXC later down the road without a HT, is seriously missing out.

IAmKrazy2,

cwa321

Hey,
Just had a question about the preorders on whether you could change the choice of tube/package while still retaining the pre-order price? I believe I preordered the SG Hydratree but due to some money restraints I think it would be wise for me just to order the normal Hydratree( can't remember exact name). Still look forward to owning what looks to be an amazing vaporizer. :) And could someone remind me what the preorder prices were for the other models?
Thanks very much,
Christian

cwa321,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
Looking down an unobstructed glass airpath is like looking into the future! :D

You may have to put warnings on the units: "Caution! Hot! Telescopic imitations NOT recommended and may result in branded eye lids, brows, and balls." :lol:

Progress,

Pappy

shmaporist
551320179v1_480x480_Front_Color-White.jpg

551320071v1_480x480_Front_Color-White.jpg

Pappy,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
@Pappy. You came up with that quick, how much? I think you need a second design too, cause good VXC shirts should come in pairs and i might need another one.

IAmKrazy2,

SkollIstKrieg

Edit:
Woops I thought I was in another thread at first.

Anyways, I am very much looking forward to see how to second beta run goes! Very exciting to start seeing the final fixes to this thing. As a software tester I know all about releasing products that will have a handle-able bug rate, and I believe this vape is going to be one of the most Quality Controlled/Assured vapes on the market, and that is one of the main reasons it makes me so excited! Other than that the clouds get me stoked :ninja:

SkollIstKrieg,

sunsett70

IAmKrazy2 said:
... Back to the HT, this is a fine piece of glass, and so great for vaporizing. Seriously, IMO anyone who buys a VXC later down the road without a HT, is seriously missing out.

IAmKrazy2, you are talking about specifically the vertigo hydratree? have you tried the sgw hydratube?

sunsett70,

weedemon

enthusiast
sunsett70 said:
IAmKrazy2, you are talking about specifically the vertigo hydratree? have you tried the sgw hydratube?

yeah did you beta guys get one tube or both types to play with? good q sunset70 :)

weedemon,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
weedemon said:
sunsett70 said:

yeah did you beta guys get one tube or both types to play with? good q sunset70 :)

Yes, the vertigo. For the production unit, i will get something diffrent but i may very well be collecting these considering how well they work with the vxc.

IAmKrazy2,

max

Out to lunch
For those waiting on the Cloud, here's a suggestion for a cheap and handy herb container/loader that mates perfectly to the Cloud's screen bowl. While the quickest loading method is probably just scooping up your herb with the bowl, the fact that it's all screen material means that method will probably make you want to clean off any bud particles that are clinging to the outside. This little 'pill box' (tube would be more accurate) lets you load cleanly and with a measured amount if you like. I bought a few items from this site a while back, including a larger size (same shape) pill container, and although you won't get delivery in a week, shipping time isn't that bad and it's free. This also works well for some other models that can be touchy or messy to load, like the iolite-makes a great 'quick loader' when you're out and about. Hard to beat for a buck delivered.

herb loader

max,

max

Out to lunch
herbzzzzzzzz said:
pappy make the jesus bigger on that and ill buy it for me and everyone i know
I'm sure Pappy's not selling those shirts, since that would be against the forum rules. ;)

No selling or soliciting items on the forum.

max,

2clicker

Observer
max said:
No selling or soliciting items on the forum.

not trying to stir shit up, but why not? its clearly vapor related for vapor enthusiasts. its not much dif than the vape MFGs soliciting their products is it?

how does one get that "MFG" status on here?

and what happened to my reply that was on this page? totally deleted?

2clicker,

hereatlast

Rules are rules IMO, they seem to have held some order here in the past. Either way, doesn't seem like this is the place to question them (though philosophically I'm in favor of questioning rules :lol:). :2c:

Very cool to hear about the new heaters, I bet the beta-testers have some fun weeks ahead. :)

hereatlast,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom