Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud

MarcoPolo07

We're replacing faulty units the same way as before except we need to wait for this to be produced. This was something answered earlier on but in case you missed it, the faulty units were due to some circumstances that we are currently dealing with. The new units will be 100% assembled by us so we will have complete control over the process and if these early units are any indication, we are super confident that we will get back to our 2% or less failure rate that we had in the past.

I appreciate the response stonemonkey, and yes I did miss that previous response.Patiently waiting:dog:

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
The two cap method works swimmingly with both an ice/water extract and with a dry sifted kief. I always use both upside-down with something beside a HT, to allow less suck thru of particulars and goo. Even with a really potent full melt, hot screens don't stick together. I just stick the two screens in my designated concentrate EZB and rip away for many hits. never need to stir, but the screens and bowl will need cleaning and soaking with a quickness
I agree, and I even find that I'm more fond of two capping kief with the HT now...If I don't really really rip it, I don't feel like any kief makes it through...and it's one hell of a med to put anything from a little pinch, to a decent amount of kief in a cap, and hit it through a wet or dry HT. Also, I can use small amounts of kief repeatedly, without needing to clean anything...it's the large loads that seem to render my screens a little sticky/less than clean as IamKrazy stated...:brow:
The 2 cap method for bubble has worked really well but I dream of different ELB designs that might do a better job, maybe even with herb.
So do I, the two cap works, and quite well, but nothing like I had hoped it would way back when...and nothing like I can imagine a new design could. That being said, for flowers, and the occasional larger kief/bubble/concentrate hit, I find my MiniELB working quite well still! I don't use it all of the time, as I find myself using the Cloud with another person or two more than not now a days...but when it's just me, I'm usually using the MiniELB. (for those who hadn't seen the MiniELB project/tutorial that I posted, here's a link...)

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
I was actually kind of hoping to reshape the bottom of the ELB like this. Hot air would be coming in from the top of the picture with the cone extending into the middle of the ELB :)

embedding.gif

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
I was actually kind of hoping to reshape the bottom of the ELB like this. Hot air would be coming in from the top of the picture with the cone extending into the middle of the ELB :)

embedding.gif

I've been experimenting with this exact idea, to a somewhat lesser extent. I've been pushing in the center of the bottom of my MiniELB, for two reasons; one, two replicate the effect shown in the diagram above, of funneling the heat up into the middle of the load a bit, and two, to reduce the outer diameter of the MiniELBs base (arize EQ elbow screen) for better fitment. I think that I would get a more profound effect from something more drastic like the picture above; but the change from the standard flat bottom to the slight bit of a convex (concave, depending on which side you look at) angle on the bottom, has proven to change how the load vapes ever so slightly...more so with more tightly packed bowls. With the bottom of the bowl raised up, the load seems to vape fully, and darken less...also leaving a more even color throughout the load.

This could all be just me being medicated from so much testing, so more time will tell...but if anyone wants to add to the data pool, a pack of a couple Arizer EQ screens, an ELB cap or two, and my tutorial post/a little ingenuity is all you need to play :science: :lol:

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Hi, I tried the double caps method with kief but i didn't get really bigs clouds at 3 o'clock and more, when i mix kief and abv in elb I get really big clouds between 2 and 3 o'clock.
My Cloud+ is really efficient after more than 15mn(it was green before but to get really big clouds I must to wait 15mn), do you think that it's normal?

PPN,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
I don't see why the 2 cap would be better than just loading in into the ELB. It could only be cleaner for the non-cap part of the ELB. When you pull, everything goes up and covers the cap anyway, no need to do it artificialy beforehand imo.

Yes, I've tried the 2-cap (only with herb) and have got the desired results. tHe same as when loading in normaly. I can see it could be good for concentraced because of less mess, but that's all i think.

Seek,
Reactions: mvapes

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Pak, what temp did you try it out at and with a HT or inverted? Judging from your very short response, I can't tell if it's because you didn't have enough time to gather a precise opinion or it's not the vape for you?

I'm curious why you didn't say more, negatively or positively.

I don't know what dial setting Centizen used but it was set to deliver low temperature tasty vapour. We used it inverted in this really nice glass piece he has, but again I am ignorant of exactly what it was.

I really can't say much about the experience except that the taste was great and the draw was smooth. We'd been trying the Sublimator so that "clouded" my judgment. Even if we hadn't, two hits isn't enough for me to form an opinion.

The Cloud isn't the sort of unit I prefer because I'm a klutz who will inevitably break the glass. I have never been a glass person and I don't own a piece, so this is why I am relying on friends like Centizen and nicelytoasted to provide the glass for testing the Sub. Centizen was kind enough to bring along his Cloud so I could try one.

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
The hits you took were on the lowest and middle settings accordingly - glad you enjoyed it. My unit is an old ticker so it's temperature scale is probably a little higher than the Cloud+ units though.

CentiZen,
Reactions: Tweek

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
I wish there was some type of glass that could capture the heat from the cloud to fire directly through some oil! I don't want to fuck up my elb's with concentrates. For me, this would make my cloud a one stop shop experience.

And on another note - the vulcan?

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
Re using glass (or whatever) rather than the stock ELB's, waaaaaaay back early on there was discussion about the performance attributes of the ELB's design. IIRC VXL explained that the turbulence in the ELB was a major factor in the Cloud's exceptional extraction. That translates into better economy of herb. I'm OK with a different bowl but only as long as the extraction efficiency is not compromised. ;)

11eleven11

Re using glass (or whatever) rather than the stock ELB's, waaaaaaay back early on there was discussion about the performance attributes of the ELB's design. IIRC VXL explained that the turbulence in the ELB was a major factor in the Cloud's exceptional extraction. That translates into better economy of herb. I'm OK with a different bowl but only as long as the extraction efficiency is not compromised. ;)

The glass bowl pictured above appears to have limited entry areas for the hot air to move into, whereas the ELB has very even heat distribution as it is all a mesh screen.

If there were to be a glass ELB with performance competing with the metal ELBs, I'm thinking it'd need to be a glass chamber with lots of little holes in it, letting hot airflow into the bowl inside which also has smaller holes distributed in it. The purpose of the 1st holed glass chamber that holds the bowl inside is to catch any residue that could fall out of the bowl (but hopefully there wouldn't be much falling out in the first place). Just thinking aloud.. I'm more of a business guy and less of an engineer so I have no idea how good that'd work. Would need testing. I just like bringing new ideas to the table. :brow:

Or if there could be a glass chamber that starts a venturi effect then hits the glass bowl with little holes in it everywhere that'd be pretty cool too.

11eleven11,

Enchantre

Oil Painter
The Cloud isn't the sort of unit I prefer because I'm a klutz who will inevitably break the glass. I have never been a glass person and I don't own a piece, so this is why I am relying on friends like Centizen and nicelytoasted to provide the glass for testing the Sub. Centizen was kind enough to bring along his Cloud so I could try one.
May I recommend you get a Steele Concept bong? ;)

colinm_au

Hi Everyone !
My wife's Cloud is sadly dead after only 35 days in captivity ... Whilst it was quite traumatic for my wife worse was yet to come! The response from her support ticket:

VapeXhale response deleted

My wife is obviously in a dark place at the moment ... PhilC you have NO IDEA!

How can you offer a warranty but keep no spares ... Waiting 3 months plus repair time and shipping turnaround time means the Cloud will probably not be fixed by XMAS
It is Vapexhale's obligation to support their customers, this is not good enough full stop.
Yes I understand that you no longer have a relationship with your original manufacturer ... You still have the obligation to provide repair of warranted units in a timely fashion. If you are unable to effect repairs then you need to obtain stock to replace defective units with.

What do other Cloud users think?

BTW I love my Cloud ... It's expensive but so are the best things in life!

mod note: From the rules page- Do not post the contents of private conversations without permission from all parties involved.

colinm_au,

John Lewus

I wish there was some type of glass that could capture the heat from the cloud to fire directly through some oil! I don't want to fuck up my elb's with concentrates. For me, this would make my cloud a one stop shop experience.

I agree with this assessment 100%! I don't primarily use Oil except when I am having a ton of pain. I like the idea of some kind of specially designed ELB for oil. I can't get the 2 cap method to work very well without oil sticking to the side and it does not generate very big clouds because it is too hard to really concentrate the heated air through the wax.

I think the cloud especially the new cloud would continue to have the best herb experience but if you could also get a pretty decent concentrate experience it would be a clear winner for me as well.

John Lewus,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
Has anybody tried an insert for the elb's that allows bho/wax to be added.
Something like the volcano concentrate pad.

a well designed glass ELB would end the taste war once and for all.
hopefully those of us using the new herc SR-71 will get an "oil coil" that should be perfect for this use. will report back

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Hi stonemonkey, i filled out a new ticket because I didn't hear anything about my old cloud too. did you guys receive it?

I miss my cloud! :p

I just checked the open tickets, everyone looked like they were responded to. Let me know if you haven't received a response yet.

On a side note, we are now on page 2 of the technology page. Thanks for everyone contributing feedback. If you could keep posting questions, names, and anything else on our Indiegogo page, it'll help us get to page 1!

http://igg.me/at/vapexhale/x/3569338

11eleven11

I just checked the open tickets, everyone looked like they were responded to. Let me know if you haven't received a response yet.

On a side note, we are now on page 2 of the technology page. Thanks for everyone contributing feedback. If you could keep posting questions, names, and anything else on our Indiegogo page, it'll help us get to page 1!

http://igg.me/at/vapexhale/x/3569338

Oh man.. so close to page 1 on technology. First result on page 2, just one more bump and it'll probably get there. I posted a quick reply in anticipation of the new video. :cheers:

11eleven11,

hookedonvape

Saw the pics of the tubes. Are those what will be coming with the special edition? Also is there any upgrade policy in place if we want to trade our old units in? Even a small credit would be great. Are the only units shipping first are donaters? Sucks to have VAS.lol I want it now:) New name should the VapeXhale Fusion or the Phoenix( rising from the ashes):). Seems fitting after all you went through. Officially a member of the fanatic club as soon as paypal gets my shit straight. Maybe have to have a fire sale to raise a little capital

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Saw the pics of the tubes. Are those what will be coming with the special edition? Also is there any upgrade policy in place if we want to trade our old units in? Even a small credit would be great. Are the only units shipping first are donaters? Sucks to have VAS.lol I want it now:) New name should the VapeXhale Fusion or the Phoenix( rising from the ashes):). Seems fitting after all you went through. Officially a member of the fanatic club as soon as paypal gets my shit straight. Maybe have to have a fire sale to raise a little capital

Lots more information that you should answer all of your questions that will be posted on our Indiegogo site shortly. Just making the final edits :)

Top Bottom