Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud

VapR

still enjoying my cloud since may. i see the new HTs and will probably cop the swagger double. my question is, when are the glass feet coming?

Buyola

Just tuned back into the thread. Congrats VapeXhale Team! I love my cloud. I will be buying the back up Cloud with tree swagger soon.
Thanks!

Buyola,

mmafighterthe25

Just throwing my guess out there...I'm still waiting for mine to ship..
I think that they filled it on the stand and when they lifted it up the pressure/vacuum changed and the water just leveled out.
I would always top off over my sink anyways, so I hope that's not a problem.

me two brotha, i paid for my cloud last tuesday. Got showerdome still no shippment yet.

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
Came across a rarity in here in PA, some wicked bubble hash!

So I tried it in the Cloud, WOW. 11:30 seemed to do it great. I am a die hard 9:30 Cloud user :p

JDSupreme,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Just throwing my guess out there...I'm still waiting for mine to ship..
I think that they filled it on the stand and when they lifted it up the pressure/vacuum changed and the water just leveled out.
I would always top off over my sink anyways, so I hope that's not a problem.

Winner winner chicken dinner. That is exactly what happened as we were setting up our booth super quick so that actually happened to a few of the HTs that we filled that way.

BTW, all Swagger pieces come with with a free HydraFoot. :)

partially veiled

Lo Boob Oscillator
Those Swagger pieces are really slick :cool: I'm loving the Showercap...minimal diffusion FTW! I am also not in love with the oversized labels, but it's not something that would deter me from buying. I'd simply enjoy the pieces more if the label were a little less obvious and in your face. I actually prefer sandblasted branding, as I've had problems with baked-on labels peeling/chipping in the past, even with high quality glass pieces. Clean the piece enough and the label starts to go IME... At any rate, those pieces are really attractive and I think a Showercap may just be on my Christmas list. Although the wife couldn't possibly roll her eyes any harder at my sustained "nerding-out" over all the Cloud goodies ATM: she stopped using herb long before I started collecting HQ glass so the whole thing is a little mystifying to her :lol:

That being said, I am SO stoked for the Devastator. I've been eyeballing the picture that SM55 posted and I really think the Devastator is going to be even more modular than we might be expecting...I hope I'm right because if they're doing what I think they're doing it will litereally be my DREAM piece...here's to hoping :p

I am also looking forward to the HydraFeet and any other accessories that might be coming our way. I love the stands that DeadFoot Deisgns are making (I've been really thinking about picking one of these up TBH) but I still really want some HydraFeet, as they're much more portable and I feel like the Cloud is going to be doing a lot of traveling with me...this puppy is too sweet not to show it off haha.

With Cloud accessories in mind, here is a question for VXL: do you guys think you'll ever be making a tool something like the E-Pik that would help to remove spent ELBs from the Cloud? I find the ELBs a little tricky to dislodge if I've just cut my nails and I tend to keep my nails pretty short because I play keyboards. I thought about buying the E-Pik but don't really like the looks of it and have been holding out to see if VXL has plans for their own VXL branded tools in the future.

Finally, I had a wicked Cloud sesh with one of my buddies last night. This time of year (the end of August until the middle of November) is always a bad time for flowers around here, and this year has been one of the driest in my memory. So it was a real shock to me when one of my buddies called me up to inform me he had some crazy delicious Purple Kush that he wanted to share. We ran that stuff through the Cloud at the noon position and man...SO GOOD. I wanted to try it on low temp but I've been getting lazy and using noon or 1 o'clock almost exlusively lately, seeing as it's still sooooo tasty. One bowl knocked me on my ass it and was so damned flavourful...it just kept producing vapor as well. It's amazing how great the difference can be between mids and high grade sometimes. I think this is obvious, but pairing the Cloud with top shelf herb is an absolute match made in heaven :luv:

Marvc

Hey partial do you have any 18mm slides? You can keep your Elbs n those and slide in and out over and over(that's what she said) and the Elbs will fit perfect in your cloud and very easy to remove.

partially veiled

Lo Boob Oscillator
Hey partial do you have any 18mm slides? You can keep your Elbs n those and slide in and out over and over(that's what she said) and the Elbs will fit perfect in your cloud and very easy to remove.

Yeah, I do have some 18mm slides and some 18mm dome/female slide holders hanging around that I could use to train ELBs. I should probably do that. I've just been trying to use all of the ELBs that I have right now in a rotation so that they get worked in evenly but maybe I should be "training" some of the tighter fitting ones. What you're implying is quite correct: when an ELB is "worked in" and fits correctly there is really no need for an extration tool.

That being said, I'd still buy an extraction tool if it was being made by VXL. I am unfortunately a sucker for accessories :rolleyes:

partially veiled,

SD_haze

A note for anyone planning to go out and buy a cheap 18mm slide, bring a clean tight ELB with you because every "18mm ground joint" is not the same, and some of them will simply not work. Avoid bowls that look like thin china glass, that was the one I tried that would not work.

edit: call the smoke shop first and OK bringing it in :p

SD_haze,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
A note for anyone planning to go out and buy a cheap 18mm slide, bring a clean tight ELB with you because every "18mm ground joint" is not the same, and some of them will simply not work. Avoid bowls that look like thin china glass, that was the one I tried that would not work.
FWIW, All the extra 18mm male joints I have are American glass and still none of them will fit my ELB's, they are each a different size ID, but none are large enough to even think about cramming the ELBs in to train them.

jambandphan03,
Reactions: SD_haze

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member

I think this is bad advice. Many shops will throw you out and even ban you if you bring something like that.

pakalolo,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I think this is bad advice. Many shops will throw you out and even ban you if you bring something like that.

I would say use a fresh, new one, and you should be ok. Just don't take anything used in there with you. If there is no residue, all you have is some metal screen... that shouldn't be a real issue. However, jamming it into every male joint you pick up, might bring the wrong kind of attention, so it might be a good idea to ask first, make sure they know what you are doing.

jambandphan03,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I would say use a fresh, new one, and you should be ok. Just don't take anything used in there with you. If there is no residue, all you have is some metal screen... that shouldn't be a real issue. However, jamming it into every male joint you pick up, might bring the wrong kind of attention, so it might be a good idea to ask first, make sure they know what you are doing.

No, I don't think that will work. They don't know whether it's been used, and they probably won't care. There was a discussion about this in one of the threads here but I don't recall which one. I'll try searching but I don't have much hope.

Edit: http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/puffit-portable.6072/page-56#post-266495

It turns out I really didn't have to search because SliM will be by here shortly anyway and I'm sure he'd mention it.

pakalolo,

SD_haze

I actually called the smoke shop on the phone beforehand and simply explained I had a brand new, un-used vaporizer part and wanted to check the fitting by bringing it in. The really friendly Caldean owner said "of course, my friend!"

But I do see a more professional headshop having that kind of policy, so maybe you saved someone a big hassle with your point, thanks for your :2c:

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I guess I don't frequent enough head shops these days. Well, I don't want anyone getting in trouble, I suppose it is still a case by case situation, esp. if you already know the people running a shop. I don't want to encourage something that will bring trouble, so I won't argue the point.

mmafighterthe25

I actually called the smoke shop on the phone beforehand and simply explained I had a brand new, un-used vaporizer part and wanted to check the fitting by bringing it in. The really friendly Caldean owner said "of course, my friend!"

But I do see a more professional headshop having that kind of policy, so maybe you saved someone a big hassle with your point, thanks for your :2c:

a chain near where i live primal expressions an utopia, can't call them bongs only water pipes or they will ask you to leave. And most of them dont have a great selection of vapes.

mmafighterthe25,

MacNcheesePLZ

HI-Temp Vaporist
Having once bought a slide at a LHS and then finding out they sold me the wrong size than what I asked for. So when I went back to return it they freaked out and said I couldn't bring it inside. It was never used....needless to say I raised hell and got it exchanged. I'm no longer a visitor their, some shops are just ignorant in that aspect. Go in to the shop and explain yourself while leaving whatever it is your trying to bring in your ride till you get the OK.

Edit: and of course always use proper terminology

MacNcheesePLZ,

John Lewus

Has anyone gotten support from Vapexhale for a warranty issue and how long does it take? I can no longer use my cloud since Sunday. I filled out the warranty registration on Sunday and submitted a "technical support" request from the contact site on Monday morning and all I got back was an email Tuesday evening saying they received my warranty registration. It has been two days and still have not gotten even an acknowledgement (other than automated email) of my technical support inquiry. The phone number on their webpage goes to a standard voice mail message with no indication I actually contacted Vapexhale. I also emailed stone monkey two days ago based on him providing his email on this forum and got no response their either. The link on their website vapexhale.com/support is a broken link.

I am out of options other than this message board on how to get a hold of Vapexhale for support and how long does it take? For me any company I buy from should at least respond to a support request within a day to give me a status of the request. Does anyone have any idea how long this should take? I am back to using my solo which is nice but not the $500 vaporizer I bought.

John Lewus,

partially veiled

Lo Boob Oscillator
@John Lewus: 1-484-453-8236 is the phone number for VXL. If they don't answer leave a message and they will get back to you! I've dealt with the VXL team via the phone a couple of times now and they've been great. Best of luck to you with your warranty claim.

ETA: I definitely feel your impatience and your desire to have the issue taken care of, but do remember these guys are probably going full tilt right now. They just recieved 4000+ orders, apparently, and for a company as small as VXL is I'm sure processing all those orders is keeping them VERY busy. Try to give them a call and do your best to hang tight...they will do their best to help as soon as they can, I have faith in that much for sure.

partially veiled,

max

Out to lunch
For me any company I buy from should at least respond to a support request within a day to give me a status of the request.
I'm sure we'd all prefer that same timeline, but all companies aren't the same as far as their staff size. New companies, especially those with limited capital, often require both employees and owners to wear multiple hats and customer service desks don't always have a rep standing by at all times. I'm sure your service ticket will get addressed and you'll receive instructions. We have no info for you that would be any more than a guess, as far as time. It all depends on what's going on at VXL. With a small company, one guy out sick or taking care of personal business can make a big difference. All I can tell you is that the company is run by good people and you'll get taken care of.

John Lewus

@partially veiled I did leave a message earlier. I just found it a bit strange the message did not announce they were Vapexhale and to leave a message. It sounded like I was leaving a message to someone's uconfigured voice mail. I read nothing but great support requests in this forum (except one guy) so I am not too concerned but just worried that I had not heard anything and I am starting to get antsy because I can't use my cloud. :(

John Lewus,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Has anyone gotten support from Vapexhale for a warranty issue and how long does it take? I can no longer use my cloud since Sunday. I filled out the warranty registration on Sunday and submitted a "technical support" request from the contact site on Monday morning and all I got back was an email Tuesday evening saying they received my warranty registration. It has been two days and still have not gotten even an acknowledgement (other than automated email) of my technical support inquiry. The phone number on their webpage goes to a standard voice mail message with no indication I actually contacted Vapexhale. I also emailed stone monkey two days ago based on him providing his email on this forum and got no response their either. The link on their website vapexhale.com/support is a broken link.

I am out of options other than this message board on how to get a hold of Vapexhale for support and how long does it take? For me any company I buy from should at least respond to a support request within a day to give me a status of the request. Does anyone have any idea how long this should take? I am back to using my solo which is nice but not the $500 vaporizer I bought.

Keep in mind, most of those guys were out at the Cannabis Cup in Seattle over the weekend, and might be a bit behind.

jambandphan03,
Reactions: John Lewus
Top Bottom