Discontinued Thermovape Cera (Original thread, closed because of chaos)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vape N Bake

Disturbed
Well it looks like my wife wont like this new design either. She does not like having to be on and off the switch all the time. She wants to turn on and go. Unfortunately I can't afford to purchase an INH for her and a Cera for me no matter how much I love TET products. We will just have to wait and see.

Vape N Bake,

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
Well it looks like my wife wont like this new design either. She does not like having to be on and off the switch all the time. She wants to turn on and go. Unfortunately I can't afford to purchase an INH for her and a Cera for me no matter how much I love TET products. We will just have to wait and see.
If you look carefully at the pictures, it looks like the switch will stay down by itself. One pic it's up with green showing and in one it is not. Might answer the question about the bottom been longer than need be. A secondary switch? Isn't speculating fun.
Also, agree with OF, the heater unit threads look bigger than 510.? Hard to tell.

Pipes

Vape N Bake

Disturbed
If you look carefully at the pictures, it looks like the switch will stay down by itself. One pic it's up with green showing and in one it is not. Might answer the question about the bottom been longer than need be. A secondary switch? Isn't speculating fun.
Also, agree with OF, the heater unit threads look bigger than 510.? Hard to tell.

Pipes
Actually I don't care for the teasing and speculating. I am more of a facts kind of guy.
If you can't leave the switch on for the full session my wife will have nothing to do with it. She only needs a few hits but she doesn't want to work for it. Just not her thing! Now me on the other hand would be all over this if it lives up to the hype!

darkrom

Great Scott!
I love the educated guesses and throwing science around to figure out this stuff. What I love more, is throwing my CC at thermovape and getting one headed my way :p

Know the best way to figure out how it works? Take a couple of rips from the bastard :)

Is there a plan for a bong adapter for this? My bubbler was a bit too much for my T1, but the Hydratube that I had from the cloud was a match made in heaven...until I sold it. The T1 can definitely work great in glass, but don't choose some huge piece with a lot of volume is my best advice. Its not an absolute must have to me, but I REALLY prefer the option to be able to vape through water.

Guess its time to sell my T1 power supply and perhaps even the T1 itself.

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Know the best way to figure out how it works? Take a couple of rips from the bastard :)

I would love to be able to sit in a room with all the new portables and test them to see what I like best!

I have been thinking it would be cool to host "vaporware" parties where people can sample all the current models, but that would take $ to pull off, and I wouldn't really know where to begin setting that up.

I also think the threaded end looks way bigger than a 510, though it does look a little promising that maybe the heat core will some how work on the T1 body w/adapter but it would probably look horrible.

As far as the Cera having a switch, as opposed to the INH being automatic, right now the automatics are winning in my rotation, so much easier to turn on and go. I have to say I do visit the T1 now and again, but prefer the ease of turning on a switch and not having to count.

Damnit! This thing looks interesting. I have an Evo and like it, but I also do NOT like the thumb switch. The thing will work great but only if I keep the switch connected at all times throughout the session, so I had to rig the switch to stay on. The problem is that the body gets super hot over the session, so much so that I had to wrap the body in leather just to be able to use it.

I have been looking at the Inh and the Pax as my next portable purchase and want to now consider the Cera as well, but if it use the same thumb-switch type of power connection, that would make me much less interested in this vape. It's hard to tell by the pics, though. Any chance we will be getting more details soon?

TheDudeNextDoor,

OF

EDIT: On second thought, the circular patern of the holes will eliminate the hot spot in the middle of the loads and you won't need much stirring... Now I am more intrigued! :p

Excellent point. In theory picking the correct radius for the circle would result in even heat distribution. It also looks like the angle of the walls of the bowl are less?

One thing sure, before they sunk the big bucks into tooling to make the part they no doubt carefully calculated the ideal location then tested it to confirm the improvement. It is with a purpose for sure.

Good call, IMO. Thanks.

The problem is that the body gets super hot over the session, so much so that I had to wrap the body in leather just to be able to use it.

I have been looking at the Inh and the Pax as my next portable purchase and want to now consider the Cera as well, but if it use the same thumb-switch type of power connection, that would make me much less interested in this vape. It's hard to tell by the pics, though. Any chance we will be getting more details soon?

A couple of thoughts. First off 'too hot to hold' is also 'too hot to last long' if you're the poor battery inside it. In the end, that's not a good solution. I think this new model addresses that by trying to lower the power demand and therefore self heating in the battery.

I'm quite confident the new version does not employ the same momentary slide up to work switch. Instead it's using a push push switch through the body very much like the one you find on conventional table lamps where there's a shaft you push in one way to turn it on, the other to turn it off. If you look closely you'll see the two ends seem to be different shape (so you can tell them apart by feel) and there seems to be a band under one of them (indicating on or off one would assume).

I also thing the threads are different, but an adapter seems easy enough to make, although as Jam points out it might look kinda funny.....but if it works as well as it looks like it would I think I can deal with that.

If you can't leave the switch on for the full session my wife will have nothing to do with it. She only needs a few hits but she doesn't want to work for it. Just not her thing! Now me on the other hand would be all over this if it lives up to the hype!

Tell the good wife not to worry, I think Pipes has it nailed (again). We said we wanted a 'stays on switch option' (for a lot of reasons), I think they are giving us just that....complete with safety switch?

Is there a plan for a bong adapter for this?

Amen to that one! Theory is great up to reality. If it works well how is not so important. If it doesn't, why it should is of little interest and even less use. Soon we will know...... In fact, I'm willing to take that challenge. No need to thank me.....

My guess is it fits directly (notice the taper on the MP?). If not I know it's been considered, it's a prime feature of the current model....one they won't likely abandon.

OF

A couple of thoughts. First off 'too hot to hold' is also 'too hot to last long' if you're the poor battery inside it. In the end, that's not a good solution. I think this new model addresses that by trying to lower the power demand and therefore self heating in the battery.

I'm quite confident the new version does not employ the same momentary slide up to work switch. Instead it's using a push push switch through the body very much like the one you find on conventional table lamps where there's a shaft you push in one way to turn it on, the other to turn it off. If you look closely you'll see the two ends seem to be different shape (so you can tell them apart by feel) and there seems to be a band under one of them (indicating on or off one would assume).

I also thing the threads are different, but an adapter seems easy enough to make, although as Jam points out it might look kinda funny.....but if it works as well as it looks like it would I think I can deal with that.

OF

100% agreed. I have already destroyed three batteries, but it's the only way I can get the Evo to work to my satisfaction. I tried the thumb switch using many different methods, and I could never get any better than a wispy hit or two. It came down to necessity, which is why I only use the Evo for concerts and such. I want to like the vape, but it just doesn't work the way I need it to.

The Cera looks like completely different technology, so I am hoping it takes what is good about the Evo (heating core, reliability, body style, options) and betters what is not so good (power source).

OF

100% agreed. I have already destroyed three batteries, but it's the only way I can get the Evo to work to my satisfaction. I tried the thumb switch using many different methods, and I could never get any better than a wispy hit or two. It came down to necessity, which is why I only use the Evo for concerts and such. I want to like the vape, but it just doesn't work the way I need it to.

The Cera looks like completely different technology, so I am hoping it takes what is good about the Evo (heating core, reliability, body style, options) and betters what is not so good (power source).

With you all the way there. Bummer to burn up batteries, but getting the vapor out was the goal.

I'm holding a lot of hope out for this guy as well. If they let us down I know where the shop is, what their cars look like (thanks to the web page.....) and it's getting dark earlier......

OF

Ok I think I have figured out what is bugging me about this whole situation. I feel like this new CERA is what I thought I was buying when I got my TV. I thought I was going to be able to get 50 hits on one battery charge and I thought that I was purchasing the most efficient design and model possible for the thermovape. Now I feel like with this new CERA that the vape is pretty much exactly the same as the TV in terms of size and design but there was more thought and calculations put into the required air flow and air placement to reach maximum vaporization potential in the CERA. With the T1 there were many reports of different people having different vapor quality depending on the air flow of their unit and there were reports of people having the holes in their cap placed differently than other people and as a result had better vapor production. The CERA is the vape I thought I was buying when I got my T1. At this point I still use my t1 but only because my other vape is currently having a missing part shipped to me. It's kind of ridiculous to me that I paid $250 almost exactly 10 months ago for a vape that is now completely obsolete and barely working. Not to mention the fact that as a t1 user I feel like I was just a beta tester for the cera.

Futuretvowner,

Vape N Bake

Disturbed
Ok I think I have figured out what is bugging me about this whole situation. I feel like this new CERA is what I thought I was buying when I got my TV. I thought I was going to be able to get 50 hits on one battery charge and I thought that I was purchasing the most efficient design and model possible for the thermovape. Now I feel like with this new CERA that the vape is pretty much exactly the same as the TV in terms of size and design but there was more thought and calculations put into the required air flow and air placement to reach maximum vaporization potential in the CERA. With the T1 there were many reports of different people having different vapor quality depending on the air flow of their unit and there were reports of people having the holes in their cap placed differently than other people and as a result had better vapor production. The CERA is the vape I thought I was buying when I got my T1. At this point I still use my t1 but only because my other vape is currently having a missing part shipped to me. It's kind of ridiculous to me that I paid $250 almost exactly 10 months ago for a vape that is now completely obsolete and barely working. Not to mention the fact that as a t1 user I feel like I was just a beta tester for the cera.
I think it's safer not to be an early adopter and wait at least month. I find it takes this long to get over the hype and for people to truly express their likes and dislikes.

OF

It's kind of ridiculous to me that I paid $250 almost exactly 10 months ago for a vape that is now completely obsolete and barely working. Not to mention the fact that as a t1 user I feel like I was just a beta tester for the cera.

I'm sorry you're upset with TV, and have been over other issues in the past, but I can't agree with you here. You got exactly what you bargained for when you bought your T1, the same as the rest of us did. It was the best they could build, still isn't equaled by any competitor I see, and is still an excellent performer. It is by no measure "obsolete" in my book. It does just what it's supposed to for thousands of owners.

Cera is clearly the result of the experience from T1 and the feedback from the owners who offered constructive suggestions. I don't think you were in any way a Beta Tester for the Cera. I was a tester for T1 of a sort (being I think the first customer?) and have done a fair bit of development testing for them on later projects (some that became products, and some 'dry holes'). NOBODY has Beta Tested Cera, there is to the best of my understanding a single unit in existence and it's never left the shop. Beta Testing is still to come, if you understand the concept......

I think it's safer not to be an early adopter and wait at least month. I find it takes this long to get over the hype and for people to truly express their likes and dislikes.

Very well put. As Mae West is said to have opined, "you pays your money and takes your choice". When you decide to buy depends on how much risk you're willing to take in such cases. You make that choice, not fair to blame others if your risk doesn't work out for you. Sooner or later you have to take responsibility for it.

I've got vapes I 'took a chance on' that didn't live up to the claims. IMO TV has not done that (that is it's lived up to the claims for the most part). In both cases, the decision and risks were mine. I'm happy to share my findings in the hope of helping the next guy of course. Good or bad.

OF

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Hi Dreamerr,

We owned/used several vaporizers a few years back, e.g. Vriptech, Volcano and a few lesser lights and concluded that the market hadn't yet turned up the sort of device for which we were seeking. Having tuned back in a few months ago, a bit of research over time on this site and others indicated that the Thermovape products seemed the best choice, particularly in the light of their location in our county. :)

Perusing their website and these forums, it quickly became apparent that the company was about to roll out a new line, so we learned what we could and eagerly awaited the new offerings. The principals are clearly most concerned about the quality of their products and other aspects of the business may not always show the same attention, but the new website already seems as if it will be an improvement. They seem like good folks who are just going through the usual startup blues.

OF seems like a good guy and his informative posts have been and will continue to be read with interest. :cool:

Best,

bopper

Thermovape is not a brand new company as far as I know. I do not own a TV but watch the tv thread because it interests me. The people on this thread are the type of people who love to fix, and doohickey there stuff. Thermovape knows this and loves to tease them since they enjoy that more then the product sometimes. Because Thermovape was putting out a new line they decided I suppose to put up teasers instead of doing what most companies do which is site down for maintenance. There website was never the best and more then likely still won't be. They concentrate on making good products which in the end is all you want. OF, sorry I am speaking for you, is very passionate about his TV products so sometimes stuff happens.

I think this is all explained and done now.

Welcome to the forum bopper and enjoy your stay whether it be short of for the long haul. I am not a mod or anything like that but just hate to see silly mis-understandings. OF is a nice guy most of the time:D.

((hugs))OF
((hugs))bopper

OF

((hugs))OF
((hugs))bopper

Brother Bopper, notice who got top billing? Eat your heart out!

In a serious vein, I agree, TV's web site is a mystery to me (or was before it left us.....hopefully for good). I couldn't find stuff I knew was there, stuff I'd seen 'right there' days before.

In the bigger picture they have an exciting product line (built on their existing e-cig business) that is rapidly evolving. My work experience tells me their business model is a winning one. I've met 'the guys' they are, IMO, the real deal.

Where are you located? Ever make it to the Bay Area?

OF

Dreamerr

Oh OF you know I have a sweet spot for you in my heart;).

This vape is really getting my attention. There were to many things for the way I needed to use a vape that didn't suit me in the T1 but this seems to have solved those problems. Only time will tell. This may be a great addition to my INH as I can see they will be used in different places.

I am loving the flashlight top that all of you glossed over.

jambandphan03

in flavor country
so this is a guess, but looking at the different pics again, I am wondering if the button is click on/click off, in some pictures it's depressed into the body, and others it's sticking out and longer with green showing. I hope those guys get back in here soon with real info... this thread is already 7 pages long of sheer speculation.

jambandphan03,
Reactions: Bluntcrush

PB88123

Vaporist
so this is a guess, but looking at the different pics again, I am wondering if the button is click on/click off, in some pictures it's depressed into the body, and others it's sticking out and longer with green showing.

I say that is reasonable to think.

PB88123,

Dreamerr

It is the weekend. I bet they will be here during the week after much needed rest.

Dreamerr,
I'm sorry you're upset with TV, and have been over other issues in the past, but I can't agree with you here. You got exactly what you bargained for when you bought your T1, the same as the rest of us did. It was the best they could build, still isn't equaled by any competitor I see, and is still an excellent performer. It is by no measure "obsolete" in my book. It does just what it's supposed to for thousands of owners.

Cera is clearly the result of the experience from T1 and the feedback from the owners who offered constructive suggestions. I don't think you were in any way a Beta Tester for the Cera. I was a tester for T1 of a sort (being I think the first customer?) and have done a fair bit of development testing for them on later projects (some that became products, and some 'dry holes'). NOBODY has Beta Tested Cera, there is to the best of my understanding a single unit in existence and it's never left the shop. Beta Testing is still to come, if you understand the concept......

Very well put. As Mae West is said to have opined, "you pays your money and takes your choice". When you decide to buy depends on how much risk you're willing to take in such cases. You make that choice, not fair to blame others if your risk doesn't work out for you. Sooner or later you have to take responsibility for it.

I've got vapes I 'took a chance on' that didn't live up to the claims. IMO TV has not done that (that is it's lived up to the claims for the most part). In both cases, the decision and risks were mine. I'm happy to share my findings in the hope of helping the next guy of course. Good or bad.

OF
Honestly at this point I don't read anything you say because it is so blatantly obvious that you will defend the company to no end. I REALLY think mods should list you as associated with the company because at this point you are. You have stated that you have tested their new products so you do have a vested interest in the company. For all of your thousands of posts in all of the thermovape threads you have never said one negative thing about any of their products. It is strange that whenever I see someone post anything negative at all you are the first person to post a defensive response like you are being personally attacked. I'm not the first one to notice this.

Please mods don't take this as an attack but can you please take a closer look into the relationship of OF and Thermovape.

Thanks- FTO

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Oh, I know it's the weekend, and they have probably been working too hard... I was half ribbing them and half serious... I am sure we will get specs and whatnot in due time. I just know this is part of what clutters up the threads making them hard to wade through for newcomers later on, and was becoming aware of it, out loud. :lol: I'm sure this post isn't helping that. Well, since I don't have much more to add at this point, I think I will sit back and wait for the next wave of info.

jambandphan03,
Reactions: Bob Loblaw

Dreamerr

I wonder if the mods after this is all said and done can make a first post in the thread...start at page blah so we can still keep bs-ing. As they said the thread may move anyhow. Maybe this should be called the speculation thread of the new upcoming cera.

Dreamerr,
Reactions: ShipDit

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
Honestly at this point I don't read anything you say because it is so blatantly obvious that you will defend the company to no end. I REALLY think mods should list you as associated with the company because at this point you are. You have stated that you have tested their new products so you do have a vested interest in the company. For all of your thousands of posts in all of the thermovape threads you have never said one negative thing about any of their products. It is strange that whenever I see someone post anything negative at all you are the first person to post a defensive response like you are being personally attacked. I'm not the first one to notice this.

Please mods don't take this as an attack but can you please take a closer look into the relationship of OF and Thermovape.

Thanks- FTO
so put him on ignore, report what you want to the mods and let that be that. OF, might be highly opinionated, but he has also helped hundreds of noobs w/ his advice as well as tried to add perspective to those momentarily disappointed.

if you want to talk about patterns, the one i have perceived in your behavior is to consistently complain, even tho you have won $150 dollars towards their gear, it's too expensive, doesn't live up to claims, they shoulda done this or that, all colored w/ a tone that they are personally offending you by not meeting these expectations. we can all have different opinions, just because OF stands behind a company he really believes in (as i do D9, am always at their defense, yet i get no special treatment or access) doesn't mean he's a shill.

this is not to say that i completely disagree w/ ur perception of OF. he can be dismissive and contradictory, but his meaning is for good information to be spread. the whole point of a thread is that conflicting and similar opinions to express themselves. if every conflicting opinion brings conflict, then what's the point. imo, OF does at least twice the good for the "harm" he may cause. my two cents. take it as you will.

on the the cera, i am wanting the switch to be on or off and the mouthpiece to be the activator. we can hope. c'mon TV, spill it!

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
You have stated that you have tested their new products so you do have a vested interest in the company.

...and have done a fair bit of development testing for them on later projects (some that became products, and some 'dry holes').

I think you're reading way too much into this and adding some personal bits in as well. I've also beta tested things for someone big here, slap me with a label while you're at it!

on the the cera, i am wanting the switch to be on or off and the mouthpiece to be the activator. we can hope. c'mon TV, spill it!

I think it'll be a "click once and it's on, click once and it's off" type of button similar to the Pax's mouthpiece, but totally out of the way of the vapor pathway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom