Discontinued Thermovape Cera (Original thread, closed because of chaos)

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkrom

Great Scott!
I cannot believe that Thermovape would build a vaporizer that comes close to the size of a Vaporblunt.

Personally I wish they would. I love the small portable options, but there isn't a big cordless vaporizer with INSANE battery life that I'm happy with.

Who knows this 18650 model might make me shut right up .

NoName

You're not alone :)
While I sincerely appreciate the effort TV has put into making their products modular, there is a limit to how far you can go, and I would not want TV to compromise on making the best unit possible due to backwards compatibility concerns.

I look at this like my computer: My PC is modular and I can upgrade my video card, CPU and RAM, but only for a few years. It's simply not reasonable to expect a manufacturer to still make upgrades for my old Pentium III... and honestly, why would I want to upgrade it at this point?

I feel like I've had a great run with my T1, Evo, Rev and DART. It's a solid modular system that I have enjoyed thoroughly. So long as the new system is modular in the same way the old system was (one base, many attachments), I'll be very happy.

Hear! Hear! Who needs to upgrade a computer when improved vaping products are available? I'm going to hang onto my Wang (no pun intended).

NoName

Forgive me if this has been asked but, if it has a ceramic body, will it break or crack if you drop it?

They say the body is as hard as diamonds.

The "stabilized" in "stabilized structural ceramic" means that the ceramic lattice has been doped then annealed in a manner that purposely leaves "pockets" in the material which expand in front of a crack - essentially "self healing" for most micro fissures :)
Unfortunately, unless there is some material I can't find, it should be as hard and strong as the aircraft aluminum TV/TET has been using on previous parts, not as hard as steel or diamond (plus it won't conduct electricity like those three - so there must be an internal conductor from the bottom locking switch up to the top switch unit) -- e.g. for "stabilized structural ceramic", D is about 15, the same as aluminum and less than steel's median near 25 (Sorry, I had to dig out my wife's MatSci texts for some of this).

-NDA

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations,

...I was hoping for a electromagnetic induction heating core.

Keep up the good work, i've been dreaming for a while myself and hence i can suggest to you it's preferable not to hold our breaths waiting for that one to become a reality!!

In the meantime, i'm still apprehensive about what the Cera's air/vapour paths will look like. Although this particular design doesn't provide self-regulation of temperature at the molecular level using the Curie effect i'm still curious to see where this clean/simple rheostat-less concept will lead exactly.

Judging from past discussions one is most probably justified to expect nothing less than a significant breakthrough to occur in that competitive niche... Right in time for Christmas!

:ninja:

Bart

If the cera is not backwards compatable with the t1 then maybe they can make a pass thru attachment that will run off the tape drive port of my commodore 64. I'd hate to have to upgrade my computer and my vape in the same year. Lol.
Honestly even if it screws on to the existing handle with no adapters. I'm still buying the whole kit. Probably in stainless, titanium and white. Then black when it comes out. I'm OCD like that.

bopper

Interesting choice of words. Where does this "responsibility" come from? I think you really meant 'full information'? You're surely not saying they're trying to mislead anyone by giving out false information

I didn't infer anything of the kind, nor did I intend to step on anyone's toes. Yours is an also an interesting choice of words, since my reference was to an ethical responsibility, not a legal duty. As one relatively new to the field, as stated in the my first post, one can't pretend to any particular expertise. The only interest is in finding the best device/company for my family's needs. Accurate specs and pricing shouldn't be too much to ask, but no one imagines that a company of fine reputation would ever intend to mislead, nor did I mean to so imply. ;)

A bit of breathing space for a new member might be in order, but we all have to make our choices. This is the second time I've been pulled up short in very few posts without misstating a single fact. Easy-going folks might let a post or two pass without jumping. A less thick-skinned online veteran might imagine this an unfriendly forum. :D

Best,

bopper

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
I didn't infer anything of the kind, nor did I intend to step on anyone's toes. Yours is an also an interesting choice of words, since my reference was to an ethical responsibility, not a legal duty. As one relatively new to the field, as stated in the my first post, one can't pretend to any particular expertise. The only interest is in finding the best device/company for my family's needs. Accurate specs and pricing shouldn't be too much to ask, but no one imagines that a company of fine reputation would ever intend to mislead, nor did I mean to so imply. ;)

A bit of breathing space for a new member might be in order, but we all have to make our choices. This is the second time I've been pulled up short in very few posts without misstating a single fact. Easy-going folks might let a post or two pass without jumping. A less thick-skinned online veteran might imagine this an unfriendly forum. :D

Best,

bopper

Ok maybe I think there was a mis-understanding between you and OF and I don't like to see that stuff. Bopper, have you seen Thermovapes site in the past is this the first time you have seen it? Do you know there other products or did you just stumble in here after hearing about it? I think these questions can clear up a simple mis-understanding unless I am completely mis-reading this but let's try.

Dreamerr,
Reactions: OF

OF

The "stabilized" in "stabilized structural ceramic" means that the ceramic lattice has been doped then annealed in a manner that purposely leaves "pockets" in the material which expand in front of a crack - essentially "self healing" for most micro fissures :)

Exactly so. It's the 'before the fact' version of drilling a stop hole for a crack. Real Material Science stuff. I used to hang with those guys, they can make a reputation and even a career out of such keen stuff. Ceramics is a huge field, covers a lot of ground. I don't expect the new ceramic body to be 'hard as nails' or be great at sharpening knives unless that comes with properties supporting it's intended use.

Looked at another way, I expect it to be the best material for the job at hand.....TV has thus far done their homework very very well, I don't expect that to change any time soon.

Thanks once again, NDA, for being 'Johnny on the spot' with the straight poop. Great resource, we're fortunate to have your advice and insights. What a place!

OF

bopper

Ok maybe I think there was a mis-understanding between you and OF and I don't like to see that stuff. Bopper, have you seen Thermovapes site in the past is this the first time you have seen it? Do you know there other products or did you just stumble in here after hearing about it? I think these questions can clear up a simple mis-understanding unless I am completely mis-reading this but let's try.

Hi Dreamerr,

We owned/used several vaporizers a few years back, e.g. Vriptech, Volcano and a few lesser lights and concluded that the market hadn't yet turned up the sort of device for which we were seeking. Having tuned back in a few months ago, a bit of research over time on this site and others indicated that the Thermovape products seemed the best choice, particularly in the light of their location in our county. :)

Perusing their website and these forums, it quickly became apparent that the company was about to roll out a new line, so we learned what we could and eagerly awaited the new offerings. The principals are clearly most concerned about the quality of their products and other aspects of the business may not always show the same attention, but the new website already seems as if it will be an improvement. They seem like good folks who are just going through the usual startup blues.

OF seems like a good guy and his informative posts have been and will continue to be read with interest. :cool:

Best,

bopper

bopper

A bit of an addendum may be in order. We had gotten just to the point about to order a Dart Revolution and assorted accessories when it became apparent that the new line was on the horizon. Discretion counseled patience, and so we await the new models and anticipate getting a Cera Essential Oil vaporizer at the first opportunity.

OF

Discretion counseled patience, and so we await the new models and anticipate getting a Cera Essential Oil vaporizer at the first opportunity.

You know both that discretion and the patience stuff sounds interesting. Someday I'll have to get some and try it (them?).

Rest assured, even though I'm quite happy with the 'old line', I too will be anxiously awaiting the new stuff. Even if it's only 'just as good' (slight as that chance might be), that would still make it amazing really.....

Thanks for the thoughts.

OF

Norlin

Classic Rocker
When will we be able to expect these marvels of modern vapology?

eyejuantitnao eyejuantitnao eyejuantitnao

Norlin,

Norlin

Classic Rocker
Is that bowl bigger or is it just me? And...Increased airflow? Holes on side look larger as well. :brow:

Norlin,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Project_Cera-228_large.jpg

Project_Cera-275_large.jpg

Project_Cera-285_large.jpg

OF

Thanks for the new photos, Jam, very interesting. Shows a lot.

Looks to me like a reworked T1 as much as anything. It seems to use a modified 'UFO' trap (much larger) to deal with the upper 'screen' plugging issue. Neat the way it comes apart.

The threads on the core look bigger to me, hard to tell. The switch scheme is entirely different. Note the fixed battery spring in the end cap, like a flashlight? That means the battery no longer moves up and down to turn it on and off. Rather the pushbutton at the top would seem to be a more traditional switch, like the switched socket on a table lamp (the one with the long button you push from opposite sides).

There also must be something else going on in the tail cap, otherwise there'd be no reason for it being so long.

Conversion to concentrates would involve just the center (core) section I'd guess. That is the cover and mouthpiece as well as the main body would be the same.

Or not.

Looks like the list of stuff we've been asking for has been addressed, as we've been told. The big question is, of course, 'how does it work'. Soon we'll know. I think it's a safe assumption it will work at least as well as the unit it's replacing. IMO a fair bit better, although short of longer battery life and fixing the obviously addressed annoying details (like the switch, top screen and so on) I'm not sure how much better it can get? Come on TV, surprise me.....

Edit: PB, thanks for the additional photos, the 'down the throat' shot confirms the threads definitely look different. Is that a sliding part of the switch in the bottom of the socket? My guess is the stainless steel base plate we're looking at (threads in the center, four air channel grooves radially from there) is the part that comes in Titanium?

OF

flynn

Forgive me if this has been asked but, if it has a ceramic body, will it break or crack if you drop it?

They say the body is as hard as diamonds.
but harder things are more brittle, so that may not be the best thing for crack resistance.
edit: their website says its as strong as steel :) so i guess hard, and durable!

and on a side note DARN, i just ordered my pax yesterday... lol

natural farmer

I wonder how those very few holes at the bottom of the bowl could make for a better vaporization compared to the T1's bowl... :huh: If it works though, due to a well thought of turbulence, I will be very interested! Less particles in the core to be burnt but still the taste might be affected a little just like the T1's. :\ Didn't have a very good experience with the T1... Hopefully Cera will change that for me and I'll choose "her" over the INH XP to be my next girlfriend!

EDIT: On second thought, the circular patern of the holes will eliminate the hot spot in the middle of the loads and you won't need much stirring... Now I am more intrigued! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom