The "Project" DIY Herbal Vaporizer

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE

I load the Eraser WITH my VapCap; or the same smidgen spoon, so I quite square here :)

What are your PID?

Edit: Okay, After removing again the atomizer, and setting back, coil is now at .535Ω !
I think my box is in the process of dying; I will check for some RX200s .. Or Pico?!

Edit Bis: ReLocked the coil at .600Ω, and it's much better! Milk the bubbler! Still some hot spots,
but I'm waiting to receive a Dremel grinder, I will try to grind SS tube air holes so they make spiral airflow ! :)

I got more hot spots at lower watts when using through water, I think because it took longer to heat to the correct temp and the longer inhale made one particular bit heat up too much. The initial temp over shoot was a lot higher too (I think). 80 watts here was a much more immediate hit, and at lower temps. I no longer needed to inhale right up until the time out. Easier to milk.

I also rebuilt the coil around the same time I upped the watts to 80 so that may have also had an impact.

Anyway, was just a thought :)

I love to Wake and Erase!

Last edited:

fluffhead

Recovering Idealist
First, I'm with @Stu. I believe his years long crusade to get something to be named the shitfucker should end now.
a) Shitfucker just rolls off the tongue
b) The glass project definitely has the capacity to fuck shit up. @Pipes, you are the man! :clap::rockon::bowdown:

I used shitfucker for a half pink kush/half kief bowl last night through my bubbler and the results were wonderful :freak:. I used the basket screen on a 14/18 adapter. I also had a bowl with distillate on a bed of shake and it was a very nice nightcap:zzz:. Once I get my pico, the shitfucker (sf for short) will be permanently attached to my cuboid with the eraser on the pico for going out purposes. Now can we get the title of this thread changed to add the Shitfucker?

Thanks, and happy your enjoying it. Should mention that I am still awaiting the glass stems to be supplied. @fluffhead was willing to take a wooden stem in it's place.
Any pics of @DDave stem and the glass version's marriage? Honeymoon shots?
Yes, watching the coil do it's thing is cool. You'll find yourself visualizing it with the Eraser after a while. Makes setting up the mod easier too, and with PID experiments.
I'd recommend not using over hard floors, at least until you figure out to keep the union tight. The drawback of glass. :doh:
I am enjoying it a lot. I will put up some pics later when I get a chance. One thing I will say is that not all 14mm male joints will fit in the shitfucker. They need to be shorter than the full length. My guess is that you want a 14/20 joint, not a 14/22. But the marriage is going swimmingly and pictures of the honeymoon will be shared. :tup:
Also, there is a reason I put foam squares on the floor of my vaping room. It has saved me from having to replace numerous pieces of glass over the last few years. I generally prefer glass so I am used to it.

I was looking in another thread and saw that there was an accessory on sale for $150. Meanwhile, we can all get two mods plus one eraser and one shitfucker for that! :rofl:

ander

So I just tried with your settings, and .. :whoa:. I confirm.
TCR 200, 180-210°c, 50w, Coil locked .566Ω (Edit: .580Ω -> better temp calibration I find)
I got lost for a while, but now thanks to a beautiful tiny wrench I'm back near those settings, maybe a bit less aggressive since I'm experimenting the influence of inhalation tecnique. I've lowered the spiral coil the more possible, this raised my ohms a bit and now I'm locked at .582Ω, TCR 185, 100w. Old "myevic" settings anyway, no PID for now.
I started to have more consistent results today. Maybe not these great clouds (without getting close to carbonization in center...) but an incomparable taste. @natural farmer Glass surely has better taste conduction, but is also a better heat conductor than wood, and my stem became too hot near the middle of the session... I'm experimenting a "wood filter" that seems to work very well! Will post some pic soon to share my fun.

fluffhead

Recovering Idealist
DDave 14mm stem with basket screen:
kLq3idZ.jpg

Shitfucker closeup:
t4QxvHb.jpg

The happy couple:
7JlCcxy.jpg

Sf with the other stem (a planetvape 18m/14m vortex adapter):
7SrdUmR.jpg

ander

Welll... after a blasting session with a 220°c final on the edge of carbonization, fumbling and mixing with my maccheroni english (and google trans) what I thought is...
THE STEAM GLAZER..!
Only GLAZER?
...Eraser, Glazer... no eh?
The Glazer... if my translations are correct... seems cool anyway...

Last edited:

b0

Cloudy...
That sparked a thought.

:cheers: The Gaze :cheers:

verb
look steadily and intently, especially in admiration, surprise, or thought.

noun
a steady intent look.

Objections? Or ... forever hold your peace.

I love how it sounds! :cheers:

Can't wait for mine :razz:

jimfish4130

Last edited:

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
+1 for Project Shitfucker!!

Edit: just wanted to check with you guys that these are ok?

https://m.fasttech.com/products/142...c-lg-18650hg2-3-6v-3000mah-rechargeable#specs

https://m.fasttech.com/products/302...hentic-wismec-reuleaux-rx75-75w-tc-vw-apv-box

https://m.fasttech.com/p/1811805#specs

Gonna order them near the end of chinese new year and start saving up for the Eraser

I set up my friends Eraser last night on his rx75, worked well, so I can vouch for that :)

Glass Project name... The best I could come up with combining names and thinking about Eraser was the same as above, the glazer, not that I like it :) Been trying portmanteau of any thing I can think of around the coil being visible, see through, transparent, opticals (opticoil?), and Im drawing blanks...

Shitfucker it is atm :) (and I dont like that either :) )

Changed my mind, I do think Glazer is the best so far.

Last edited:

fluffhead

Recovering Idealist
+1 for Project Shitfucker!!

Edit: just wanted to check with you guys that these are ok?

https://m.fasttech.com/products/142...c-lg-18650hg2-3-6v-3000mah-rechargeable#specs

https://m.fasttech.com/products/302...hentic-wismec-reuleaux-rx75-75w-tc-vw-apv-box

https://m.fasttech.com/p/1811805#specs

Gonna order them near the end of chinese new year and start saving up for the Eraser
From what I have seen, authentic in the name on fasttech is what you are looking for. Also, having a high number of reviews while still having a good rating is something to look for. That being said, I suggest you read @KeroZen's post here about using an HG2 for the project in a single cell setup. In short, don't do it. Choose one of the batteries that was suggested in that link. They should still be on fasttech (except if you are me in Canada :rolleyes:). My HG2s are great for my cuboid and give great battery life, but I'll be using vtc4s with my pico when it comes.

"Project Shitfucker" - I love it. Adding the "Project" to the beginning takes it to a new level imo. The reality is, regardless of what it ends up being called by others, I'm still going to be calling it the shitfucker because it fits. I'll call it Project Shitfucker when I'm not feeling into that whole brevity thing. :D

b0

Cloudy...
From what I have seen, authentic in the name on fasttech is what you are looking for. Also, having a high number of reviews while still having a good rating is something to look for. That being said, I suggest you read @KeroZen's post here about using an HG2 for the project in a single cell setup. In short, don't do it. Choose one of the batteries that was suggested in that link. They should still be on fasttech (except if you are me in Canada :rolleyes:). My HG2s are great for my cuboid and give great battery life, but I'll be using vtc4s with my pico when it comes.

"Project Shitfucker" - I love it. Adding the "Project" to the beginning takes it to a new level imo. The reality is, regardless of what it ends up being called by others, I'm still going to be calling it the shitfucker because it fits. I'll call it Project Shitfucker when I'm not feeling into that whole brevity thing. :D

So the VTC5's I have should be fine right? :)

b0,
Reactions: Pipes

fluffhead

Recovering Idealist
Nah HG2 is fine too if you set your mod around 45W. I use mine without any issue.

VTC3,4,5,5A,6 all good also.
I love coming on this thread and learning something new, which is often. How is the experience different at 45w vs a higher number?

fluffhead,
Reactions: KeroZen

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Well, instead of being "instant on demand convection", it's "2 seconds on demand convection". Apart from that it's the same, only affects the heatup time before the mod enters protection/TC regulation. Also makes your cells happy.

Happy cells live longer and are less prone to cancer.

Last edited:

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
But you know that the Project also works in "power mode" right? I recommend you all to try with the housing removed so you can watch the coil closely. Set your mod to "power mode" and set the Watts to something between 15W and 20W. Hit the trigger and see how much time you can hold it before the coil starts glowing, then release.

In this mode you have to modulate the trigger and count down mentally. It's exactly how the Zion works (the Milaana equivalent would be "bypass mode" but this one I do not recommend unless you know exactly what you are doing) Pre-heat, draw with trigger on, release trigger and keep drawing to clear.

You might ask what's the point when we have TC? It's just to illustrate that you don't need that much power in reality with these tiny coils. If you were to use this mode with for example 70W the coil would glow instantly and you would have to pulse the trigger so quickly it would be almost unusable.

In practice when you are in TC mode that's exactly what happens automatically: power mode for the heat-up part, then it enters regulation and pulses the trigger for you under the hood, using in average way less Watts, something closer to that range above in fact, because once to temp it doesn't require that much power.

Taz4101

With a lower wattage on the joyetech chips, the temperature regulation can be smoother. Instead of jump cut jump cutting the power. Plus 50 percent of the power you use in wattage mode should work well. The refresh and response rate aren't the best on joyetech chips. I wonder how much smoother it could be with a DNA chip. After switching my ecig over to a DNA the firing delay and smoothness of temp control is night and day.

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Yeah it's rather crap but with the myevic firmware we're making progress in the right direction I think.

ander

This chat about watts was very interesting... I'm now down to 30w (from 100w!) on my Reuleaux 2/3 and seems simply perfect. Looking to my display while pushing fire button I've noticed that 30w is the power needed to reach working temperature. If I set it to 100w it's simply quicker, but seems to me that the pulsing of the glow is also more violent.
But...
I've also done another mod today that definetly changed my toy; a prototype of a sleeve with adjustable airflow. So simple, cheap and amazing, seems to give me the instant and constant result I was dreaming. Seems too nice to be real... so I need to do more tests... need more weed... need more tests... need more...

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
This chat about watts was very interesting... I'm now down to 30w (from 100w!) on my Reuleaux 2/3 and seems simply perfect. Looking to my display while pushing fire button I've noticed that 30w is the power needed to reach working temperature. If I set it to 100w it's simply quicker, but seems to me that the pulsing of the glow is also more violent.
But...
I've also done another mod today that definetly changed my toy; a prototype of a sleeve with adjustable airflow. So simple, cheap and amazing, seems to give me the instant and constant result I was dreaming. Seems too nice to be real... so I need to do more tests... need more weed... need more tests... need more...

What you need is to post more details about your stem creation ;)

natural farmer

But...

I am gonna try low watts myself next time I have some herbs available... :)

Need pics of your mod! My guess is silicone tubing... :p

Top Bottom