The "Project" DIY Herbal Vaporizer

akwardsauce

gold all in my chains...dont believe me just watch
out of curiousity, who uses their diy as their go to daily driver?

akwardsauce,

fluffhead

Recovering Idealist
Between my eraser and my sf, my projects are my daily drivers. Thanks @Pipes!

I found something interesting when I lowered my watts. When I went down to 50 (I am normally at 80), I would get some spots that were super dark relative to the rest of the bowl. Not sure why this happened, but it seems 80 is a better number for me to get more even browning.

One problem that I had initially when I started to use the eraser with my air stems is that a lot of particles would come through and irritate me. What I have to remedy this is copying @Squiby's idea for the vc. I put an air screen down, then a filter of hemp fibre with another screen on top of it. I'm not sure why, but I like to put an RBT screen in after that but it all works together to keep the particles from coming through.

natural farmer

One problem that I had initially when I started to use the eraser with my air stems is that a lot of particles would come through and irritate me. What I have to remedy this is copying @Squiby's idea for the vc. I put an air screen down, then a filter of hemp fibre with another screen on top of it. I'm not sure why, but I like to put an RBT screen in after that but it all works together to keep the particles from coming through.
Hey doppelganger! Haven't you tried this configuration yet?
9Muo2wK.jpg

Just attach the Air stem on the Eraser's SS bowl with some 1/2" silicone tubing... :nod:
Best stem ever for me, much more cooling than any stem I have tried (similar cooling to a j-hook imo) and most of the debris gets caught in the Air stem's glass screen. The glass screen does most of the cooling as well. I have tried the Air stem native and it's night and day. With the Milaana screens in the bowl the baking is much more even as well. And with a screen on top of it even better and no herbs flying around the bowl! :tup: With multiple SS bowls and silicon caps you can also have as many preloaded capsules as you need! :science:
I wish I could patent it! :lol: I envision a Ti stem similar in configuration to the above, in one piece of course, and maybe with two Ti or SS screens inside, one after the other for even more cooling! Something similar to the Apollo cooling device idea but much smaller. :)

ander

Just attach the Air stem on the Eraser's SS bowl with some 1/2" silicone tubing...

I don't have an Air short stem yet... and I don't have silicone tubing...

But I have cork! So here's the Cork O-Sleeve
cork_O_sleeve.jpg

It seems that with the Solo stem you will need a long breath! Apart from that, works very well and vapor is COLD.

Thanks for the SS basket hint.
basket_screen_solo.jpg

Those used for the Solo need to be modeled a bit... but then get pretty stuck and work perfect.

:science:

Last edited:

fluffhead

Recovering Idealist
Just attach the Air stem on the Eraser's SS bowl with some 1/2" silicone tubing... :nod:
Best stem ever for me, much more cooling than any stem I have tried (similar cooling to a j-hook imo) and most of the debris gets caught in the Air stem's glass screen. The glass screen does most of the cooling as well. I have tried the Air stem native and it's night and day. With the Milaana screens in the bowl the baking is much more even as well. And with a screen on top of it even better and no herbs flying around the bowl! :tup: With multiple SS bowls and silicon caps you can also have as many preloaded capsules as you need! :science:
I wish I could patent it! :lol: I envision a Ti stem similar in configuration to the above, in one piece of course, and maybe with two Ti or SS screens inside, one after the other for even more cooling! Something similar to the Apollo cooling device idea but much smaller. :)
Thanks for the tip. I am going to need to seek out some 1/2" silicone tubing. I am also going to try the idea of putting a screen on top and see how that goes. :D

b0

Cloudy...
I don't have an Air short stem yet... and I don't have silicone tubing...

But I have cork! So here's the Cork O-Sleeve
cork_O_sleeve.jpg

It seems that with the Solo stem you will need a long breath! Apart from that, works very well and vapor is COLD.

Thanks for the SS basket hint.
basket_screen_solo.jpg

Those used for the Solo need to be modeled a bit... but then get pretty stuck and work perfect.

:science:

Hey, those screens look neat! Would you mind sharing a link for them? :D

ander

Hey, those screens look neat! Would you mind sharing a link for them? :D
I would! But was a gift from a friend so I must ask... Happy with natural farmer link anyway I guess?

Milaana and Zion Screens Feature:
Durable High Temp Stainless Steel Construction

Mine seem cheaper... not SS I guess. :\

Last edited:

natural farmer

I would! But was a gift from a friend so I must ask... Happy with natural farmer link anyway I guess?

Milaana and Zion Screens Feature:
Durable High Temp Stainless Steel Construction

Mine seem cheaper... not SS I guess. :\
It should be SS but with thinner wire...

natural farmer,

ander

It should be SS but with thinner wire...
I doubt... eBay... Chinese Metal! :rockon:
Chinese metal is bad.

A report, just to give sense to this post:
Yesterday night gone to bed really erased with a .1 (coil around 210°C) without burning my lips (not Eraser fault... I'm a greedy ripper) with the new long stem. 5-6 rich shots. Today, now, I cooked the yellow AVB in a (modded) Pax2 at max temperature (around 210°C). Got 2 tasty and effective shots.
One word for the Eraser? Efficiency!

Last edited:

E0x

or good friend @Ratchett at delta3dstudios have son good screen too , i already try some and work great if you are using e-nano , underdog stems

http://delta3dstudios.com/hd-basket-screen-bp380-5-pack/

disclaimer: i get some free screen for test long time ago from delta3dstudios.

pd: forget to mention that there is a screen maker machine that i think is awesome because you can get really cheap dome screen and having lot screen is great for the project.
http://delta3dstudios.com/basket-screen-press-bp380/

natural farmer

or good friend @Ratchett at delta3dstudios have son good screen too , i already try some and work great if you are using e-nano , underdog stems

http://delta3dstudios.com/hd-basket-screen-bp380-5-pack/

disclaimer: i get some free screen for test long time ago from delta3dstudios.

pd: forget to mention that there is a screen maker machine that i think is awesome because you can get really cheap dome screen and having lot screen is great for the project.
http://delta3dstudios.com/basket-screen-press-bp380/
Too many rough edges on those screens I think... RBT's rim is super smooth and sits flush with the rim of the stems. :2c:

natural farmer,
Reactions: fluffhead

fluffhead

Recovering Idealist
For this purpose I prefer the RBT screens over the ratchett ones. They are stronger and have a smooth edge.

fluffhead,

ander

Ok but the press is so DIY, that I will like it even if I have to work a bit on the shape... in fact, I prefer it! Anyway there are two Screen Presses from Delta3D, the one E0x mentioned and the BP465 that is recommended for the Milaana.

"flared edges to fit even slightly off sizes"
. That's what Ratchett says and sounds good to me...

Last edited:
ander,
Reactions: EmDeemo

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE

ander

Any of you fine folks had experience of these? Wondering if they fit and can be used to preload and switch over the entire metal bowl instead of messing about refilling while out? They look potentially the right size and have built in screens on one end.

https://www.vaposhop.com/vaporizer_accessoires/vaporizer-parts/herbalaire-h22-crucible-pack/

Gonna have a quick look in the herbalaire thread and see what size those things are...
Ha! I was looking to these right today, but not deepen my search...

fluffhead

Recovering Idealist
I think I have to amend my previous statement about eraser and shitfucker sharing daily driver duties. Daily driver has become just the shitfucker. I lowered the temp and adjusted the coil, now I am able to get nice sessions from it. It can still pack a punch when needed, but mainly stays at low temps for me. That is one of the great things about the project, versatility. The @DDave/Shitfucker combo is amazing. Great flavour throughout the load and an excellent vape signature for me.

I ordered some ss wire from lightningvapes to see what I can do in the way of coils for my eraser. Depending on how much you buy, it can be cheaper than fasttech and should be much faster too.

Top Bottom