The "Project" DIY Herbal Vaporizer

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
As promised, here's a picture of the victim:

N1x9KLH.png

It sill works, but I have to use my second hand to hold the stem firmly in place otherwise there can be a slight air gap which dilutes the vapor.

natural farmer

As promised, here's a picture of the victim:

N1x9KLH.png

It sill works, but I have to use my second hand to hold the stem firmly in place otherwise there can be a slight air gap which dilutes the vapor.
That's a big rip! Mine is nowhere that bad... Have you tried that high temp gasket maker?

natural farmer,
Reactions: KeroZen

ander

A little report:
I've lost a lot of time setting the mod before the Project arrived... Not a good thing since turning off "check" option under "coil management" before installing the Eraser simply didn't allow me to use TCR Mode. Power Mode was jumping in at any time. This confused me A LOT. I've turned to "yes" and saw that TCR finally worked. Then I turned it to "off" again after a mod restart.
I must thank natural farmer that helped and supported me in the chaos of those moments!

eraser_glass.jpg

:argh:

Got something like 10 hits yesterday, from a 0.25 I guess... reached 210°C.
IMG_3392.jpg

Then today I revaped it around 190°C. 5 hits more. The pic up here is the ABV result of today, not yesterday.

Me ---->:bowdown: :sherlock: <---- Pipes

Last edited:

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
A little report:
I've lost a lot of time setting the mod before the Project arrived... Not a good thing since turning off "check" option under "coil management" before installing the Eraser simply didn't allow me to use TCR Mode. Power Mode was jumping in at any time. This confused me A LOT. I've turned to "yes" and saw that TCR finally worked. Then I turned it to "off" again after a mod restart.
I must thank natural farmer that helped and supported me in the chaos of that moments!

eraser_glass.jpg

:argh:

Marvelous!

Stem explanation please! :D

ander

Marvelous!
Stem explanation please! :D
Glad you like it! YOU gave me the first push that made me fall inside the Project..!
It is an old fashioned dropper, modified to marry the Eraser, and initially used with my Pax2 and the Delta 3D Studios WPA. I've found the stems of droppers very versatile... did you know that the condenser of the VapCap OG is shaped like and has the EXACT diameter of a common dropper stem..?

ander

Look at how that coil turned out with some fiddling... :tup::clap::D
Close to undertake the adventure of creating my own coil... eh eh..!
I like the stem as well! Must cool a bit better than wood, right?
Guess so... thanks to the triple-O-ring the glass stem fitted perfectly, so I didn't either tried the wood one.

Many options, my friends!

bamboo_stem.jpg

Bamboo stick

glass_dropper.jpg

Dropper stem

Last edited:

fluffhead

Recovering Idealist
As much as we discuss settings and mods in this thread, I find that there are some things that don't get discussed often. What I find gets lost is how good of an actual vaporizer the project is. There are good reasons that many of us like this vape a lot, and not just because we like to tinker.

I love the vape signature on the project. I have found that with some convection vapes I need to go to higher temps to get what I need for my medical needs. One of the things I love about the project is that I can get that from lower temps as well. It vapes very thoroughly even at lower temps which helps me stay low while getting the help I need.

I find it to cause less smell than other vapes. Even though I can get good sized clouds, it doesn't cause as strong or lingering of a smell as many other vapes. I would never say it would be smell free or anything like that, but I find there is less of a smell.

It is very efficient. I have the size of my stems down to .06-.07g without any negative impact to me. With the ddave 14mm stems coming soon, I want to see how low I can get that number.

Joaon

What settings are you running guys ?
I have a little more played with my Eraser, and have got some good hits!
It does not milk my bubblers like the VapCap does (yet?), but very good convection extraction!
Have had some hot spots on hot temps (200-210°c) during long inhalations

My coil has slightly drifted, now at .722Ω! Should I get it back to .600Ω ?
(It was initially manually drifted at .600 and locked. have removed atomizer, my bad..)

TCR is still at 170 like FAQ says, and I have noticed that when setting the Boxmod (evic VTC mini) at low temperatures like 150°c, it stabilize itself much better than with hot temps!
At 180°c 50w, it gives all power on the first heat, reaching 180°c quickly, but then overtake until 200°c..

I assume the temp displayed is the actual real time coil temp (calibrated with all TCR, Pid, etc..)
How could we get a quick heat up, but mainly a top max temp, that coil could never pass?

Beside that, it rocks! Cant wait to use it properly :cheers:

Edit: My bowl is Micro! I mainly do .015g per bowl :cool:. Is that why I can't milk?

E0x

a lot of ppl talk about drifted coil reading , with my experience i can tell you if the coil is drifting his reading the coil is wrong , maybe is loose maybe is touching the inner tube when are in use , but that is not a normal behavior if this happen to you check your coil and if is not touch the inner tube..

natural farmer

It does not milk my bubblers like the VapCap does (yet?), but very good convection extraction!

(It was initially manually drifted at .600 and locked. have removed atomizer, my bad..)

TCR is still at 170 like FAQ says, and I have noticed that when setting the Boxmod (evic VTC mini) at low temperatures like 150°c, it stabilize itself much better than with hot temps!
At 180°c 50w, it gives all power on the first heat, reaching 180°c quickly, but then overtake until 200°c..

I assume the temp displayed is the actual real time coil temp (calibrated with all TCR, Pid, etc..)
How could we get a quick heat up, but mainly a top max temp, that coil could never pass?

Edit: My bowl is Micro! I mainly do .015g per bowl :cool:. Is that why I can't milk?

Well, if your Vapcap is fully loaded (0.1g) when you milk your bubblers with it you should probably use the same loads with Eraser as well in order to compare vapor density. :2c:
My Pico is set to 170TCR, 75W, 180°-230°C and coil has gone down to .51Ω from .55Ω initially but is stable...

Joaon

Well, if your Vapcap is fully loaded (0.1g) when you milk your bubblers with it you should probably use the same loads with Eraser as well in order to compare vapor density. :2c:
I load the Eraser WITH my VapCap; or the same smidgen spoon, so I quite square here :)

What are your PID?

Edit: Okay, After removing again the atomizer, and setting back, coil is now at .535Ω !
I think my box is in the process of dying; I will check for some RX200s .. Or Pico?!

Edit Bis: ReLocked the coil at .600Ω, and it's much better! Milk the bubbler! Still some hot spots,
but I'm waiting to receive a Dremel grinder, I will try to grind SS tube air holes so they make spiral airflow ! :)

Last edited:

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE

TCR 170, 80w, 170c to 230c (when blocked, 270c). Coil was at 0.581 locked. Took the coil housing apart and cleaned everything, rebuilt the coil slightly, now locked at 0.553. PID etc set as per Pipes FAQ (1350/400).

Is this what you're after for the max top temp? -

Yes, Much Thanks indeed!!! I've been testing and like it. The benefit being that it automatically brings down the top heat limit too.
Setting up is easy too. Just set up the way we were before manual changing of ohms was possible. Where the working numbers would be around 500-520F area. Now you just establish what number you want to call 370F. Or whatever temp you feel you taste the temp best at. Note the display number, say 510F and subtract 370, which gives a difference of 140. Go the expert and find the newly added line by @m0qu4 called "offset" and change to -140. When you exit, the display should now say 370F. Providing it was at 520F before entering the menus. Same idea for you C lovers.
Now, the part which makes it safer from manually changing ohms, and the part I like, if you keep clicking the up it will roll over at 460F. This is the new 600F. Of course the low end now makes no sense as starts under room temperature...lol
Personally, the 15 sec is fine. And safer...? :freak:

3f327164-6ae2-4c5d-a10d-95663472b711.jpg

Last edited:

Joaon

Ahhh... after many misadventures I have finally been deeply threshed by a Reuleaux Rx 2/3, with a coil locked to .566 ohms, a TCR of 200, 100w and a final temp of 210°C...

:whoa:

Excellent Pipes..! Excellent...

So I just tried with your settings, and .. :whoa:. I confirm.

TCR 200, 180-210°c, 50w, Coil locked .566Ω (Edit: .580Ω -> better temp calibration I find)

I have no more hot spots or combusted since! And it does milk the bubbler ! :tup:
It seems that increasing the TCR at 200 allows to stabilize the temp much better!
It does no more exceed the temp that I set on the box. Yay :bowdown:

Now we talk :cool:

Cold coil mesurent still drift a bit .. :shrug:

With the SS stem/bowl that Pipes provide, my COV Vengeance Drip tip, and a little bit a cotton/hemp fiber as filter between that, it's heaven ! :luv:
No one particule can pass! 100% vapor.
And By time, i have some golden reclaim that forms into the fiber filter near the drip tip. Yummy:luv:

I think there is still room for improvement, like a coil jig, some wood bodies..:luv:

But i now understand what you where all talking about! It took some time, (and some help :tup:)
but it seems that I've tamed the beast :haw:

Thanks to all of you, and again particularly @Pipes :tup:

:peace:

Last edited:

fluffhead

Recovering Idealist
I apologize to @Pipes if this post ends up working against his self professed laziness, but I have to share. I got a surprise package from the man himself after it was just sent yesterday. Its nice that Canada Post didn't sit on it for four days like last time. I am happy to say that I got the first Glass Project (Proglass, Unionvape, Glasspro, glassy, ::insert name here::) out in the wild. I was also quite lucky because I happened to get my @DDave stems in the mail today too! :rockon:

After checking the cold resistance a couple of times, I got it locked and ready to go. Put about .05g of super lemon haze in the ddave stem, set the temp to my 200 and let her rip. And rip is exactly what it does. The glassy is a great complement to the eraser. The taste is still great and I get through bowls more quickly if I want to. I can't wait for my pico to come so I can have both easily accessible.

I really like being able to see the coil. I can see if there are any issues. The glass hasn't gotten too hot; the speed of the session helps with that. There can be solid clouds on the first draw if that is what you are looking for. Then again, there are only really two draws and done with it. I also like the durability of the glass vs the eraser. I have taken my eraser on and off so many times it is starting to tear in parts. The glass won't do that unless I drop it.

I highly recommend the combination of the glassy and the ddave 14mm stem if you are a microdoser. It is instant, tasty, smooth, regulated and fits ddave sized loads. I actually think a 14mm basket screen should be stock for the glassy, it is as if they were made for each other.

As if the glassy wasn't on everybody's radar in this thread already, I highly recommend it. :tup: Any questions? :smug:

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
Thanks, and happy your enjoying it. Should mention that I am still awaiting the glass stems to be supplied. @fluffhead was willing to take a wooden stem in it's place.
Any pics of @DDave stem and the glass version's marriage? Honeymoon shots?
Yes, watching the coil do it's thing is cool. You'll find yourself visualizing it with the Eraser after a while. Makes setting up the mod easier too, and with PID experiments.
I'd recommend not using over hard floors, at least until you figure out to keep the union tight. The drawback of glass. :doh:

The names I had being thinking of calling this version are as @fluffhead mentioned above. Any ideas? Anyone?
Glass version Project is lame.

The Union or UnionVape
GlassPro or visaversa
The Glassy
The ClearTemp (just thought this one up...) :hmm:

Top Bottom