1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

The "Project" DIY Herbal Vaporizer

Discussion in 'DIY' started by Pipes, Mar 17, 2016.

1. Pipes

Pipes Addicted DIY Enthusiast Accessory Maker

Yes, started to use peek insulators near the end. Nylon works fine if using normally. However, will deform if overheated or left on too long.
    Here is the comparison between Nylon and Peek. It was actually the lower nylon insulator that caused a short on the peek side one. The peek never did fail.
    Click to play YouTube Video

2. KeroZen

KeroZen Chronic vapaholic

The "end"... you mean... it's over? That's why you even removed it completely from your signature? :\

Madri-Gal and dynospec like this.
  3. dynospec

dynospec Well-Known Member

Is there anyone still producing finished units for sale?

Madri-Gal and KeroZen like this.
  4. Pipes

Well, let's just say it's on a back burner that may be a while before I get back to it.
    The Induction heater endeavor has taken up all my time these days and not giving me a breather. If/when things cool off there, I'll get back to the Projects. Until then. :ninja:

5. Goatbass

Goatbass DIWhy

Really miss this thread. Wish there was a new parts list available.

6. hErF

hErF Member

Hi Pipe,
    Hi all the FC comunity,

Would you have links for these three parts?

304 Stainless Steel Piping
    Stainless steel bolt M2.5*25mm (Phillips head, replaces above hex head)
    304 Stainless Steel Nut M2.5

Pipes and Madri-Gal like this.
  7. Pipes

The screws and washers are easy enough as can search Amazon for 2.5mm bolt or washer. The 14mm tubing is a little harder as suppliers keep changing. IIRC, I ended up getting from eBay the last time. 14mm OD 12mm ID seamless is the size you want. :sherlock:

Madri-Gal and LesPlenty like this.
  8. hErF

hErF Member

thanks Pipes, I'm going to watch this ;-)

LesPlenty, Pipes and Madri-Gal like this.
  9. emmdeemo

emmdeemo Expert to some, idiot to others.

Using my shitfucker today and yesterday.

I'm realising I never actually got to grips with it as I liked the OG project and how big my modded bowl was.

I'm LOVING the shitfucker right now :) Using dabs for the effect and the shitfucker just for taste and a few clouds.

Its lovely! :)

Glad I had this hiding in a drawer :)

Thanks again @Pipes

Goatbass, Squiby, KeroZen and 2 others like this.
  10. mtgawesome

mtgawesome New Member

Does anyone have a new parts list? I'm finding it hard to follow this thread because some of the images are not available to access.

11. TommyDee

TommyDee Vaporitor

If you can use service temps to around 340F, take a look at Ultem (PEI). This is a hard plastic often used for electrical fixtures. A bit cheaper than Peek.

KeroZen likes this.
  12. Pipes

I copied these links from my bookmarks. Some are good but most are dead but at least there is a description. I started getting from Amazon after. The 14mm ss pipe is hit and miss on eBay.
    Here's an important improvement.
    Peek center pin Insulator

Pipes Project Vaporizer

510 Ego Adapter
    510 Heat Sink
    14mm SS Pipe
    M2.5 Nut
    M2.5*18 Hex Bolt
    M2.5 Spring Washer
    M3*9 Washer
    M3*12 Washer
    M3 Insulated Washer (use peek)
    #113 O Ring
    #10 O Ring

BTW, my custom Project is still working great! Less the spinner which died after a couple of weeks. :D
    I use daily and have never ever cleaned the lower oven part and coming up to 3 years. :ko:
    Best hard-hitting portable ever. :science:

[​IMG]

surfer and KeroZen like this.
  13. mtgawesome

mtgawesome New Member

How would you suggest we make the wooden case? Could it be replaced with another material like something I could 3d print?

14. Pipes

I have never gotten into 3D printing myself (yet). Interesting thought though. It needs to be heat resistant and no off-gassing when heated as well as odorless. A tough goal for something that needs to be melted to form.

Another medium is to stick with the theme and use more SS piping.
    Here is a prototype I made a while back and gifted it out.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This is not as easy as it first looks. The top lip is critical to hold stuff in place. I used a second SS tube that the OD equals the ID of the outside tube. I cleaned the top of the larger tube heated it till red hot and hammered the smaller tube into the heated larger tube until it was about 1.5mm into the top. It was a very tight fit and had to hammer the hell out of it to get it to go in. The piece I hammered in was a couple of centimeters hanging out to handle and hammer on. After it cooled down, I cut off this access in my lathe. Then evened out and polished. Drilled out the intake holes. I see in the picture some SOS pad soap residue still in them. :doh:
    The rest is just installing the Orings from the bottom. 4 first to be the holder for the stem, followed by a larger screen. I found I had to use thinner Oring below as the #113s are too thick. Insert 2 and push up against the screen, then 2-3 more on the heater tube pushed down to the bottom. Now the heater can be inserted up into the tube and if measured correctly, the heater top should just touch the screen. I can't remember all the SS sizing.
    The benefits: Built like a tank and will last virtually forever. Same great "Project performance"
    The downfalls: Gets quite hot to touch. Not burn hot but sensitive skin ouch! Also, quite heavy weightwise.

The Eraser material was great but needs a lot to get set up. Jigs and molds.
    The best is still a good hardwood but takes a lathe.

Have fun! :science:

surfer and KeroZen like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors