The Pinnacle by Vaporblunt

TherealVaporblunt

Manufacturer
It would be really awesome if there was a way to make glass mouthpieces. I wonder if that's humanly possible.

Humanly possible? Probably. Am I going to attempt it? No.

One thing I need to explain is the business aspect of this. Once something is done its done. There is no changing it. Molds cost 50-100k per product. The only resolution to this if it turns out that the MP can not be cleaned without fogging is that we will turn the clear pieces into already foggy pieces, unfortunately. I hope that isn't the case, but we certainly will not be spending 25k to change the mouthpiece molds. Like I said earlier, there have been very few problems ive seen that my team can not solve, I do not anticipate the cleaning of plastic to be one of them.

TherealVaporblunt,

TheHerbalReview

@TheHerbalReview

One thing I need to explain is the business aspect of this. Once something is done its done. There is no changing it. Molds cost 50-100k per product. The only resolution to this if it turns out that the MP can not be cleaned without fogging is that we will turn the clear pieces into already foggy pieces, unfortunately. I hope that isn't the case, but we certainly will not be spending 25k to change the mouthpiece molds. Like I said earlier, there have been very few problems ive seen that my team can not solve, I do not anticipate the cleaning of plastic to be one of them.

I haven't had an issue yet... I've just used cleaning wipes with the wooden tool and it's been fine....

TheHerbalReview,

Buyola

Update: I had a much more successful session today, by packing the bullet full and heating to orange and then back to blue. The vapor production was much better and the taste was as well. I think my first couple of session I did not have enough weed in the chamber for proper vapor production. I'm liking this better, and the pong adapter should help as well. More to come.

TherealVaporblunt

Manufacturer
Update: I had a much more successful session today, by packing the bullet full and heating to orange and then back to blue. The vapor production was much better and the taste was as well. I think my first couple of session I did not have enough weed in the chamber for proper vapor production. I'm liking this better, and the pong adapter should help as well. More to come.

I always find my cloud production to increase after the unit get warm. I have also tried the insane tactic of prewarming the bullets. I used tweezers and burnt myself a few times, but it didnt make a huge difference. There is a big difference after the unit has been on for 5 minutes however. I let it preheat, turn it off and right back on so it doesn't turn off in 3 minutes and then I have sessions with thick vapor throughout

TherealVaporblunt,
Reactions: harmudge

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
Took it out for a session today. Hoping I could get some use out of it during intermission at the show I was seeing. I managed to get a session in, but it was extremely frustrating and not satisfying. Vapor production was not where it should have been... not sure if it was the pack/grind or what. I went through the entire cycle and another half cycle. After the session I went back in and watched the rest of the show with my back pain still very much present. The strange taste is still there in the first handful of hits. Kind of reminds me of the taste of the original VaporBlunt with a strange hint of mint... I should get my PONG adapter Wednesday. Hopefully I will enjoy the device more then.

Slightly Medicated,

Engineering

Manufacturer

We will figure it out.

The MP and PonG are PC (Polycarbonate). PC is so highly used that it's chemical resistance is all over the map. So ISO is rated as no adverse effect to possible effect depending on specific resin used. We have been using PC on all the Palm products with no (that I am aware of) reported problems, so I am at a loss to what's going on.

Add to this, I tested mouthpieces in 50% (we ran out of 99%) ISO, Methanol, and Isobutanol alcohol with not adverse effect on Friday.

Engineering,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
ISO makes some plastics fog like that, also IIRC the structural integrity is eventually compromised. Like jam (i think it was) mentioned, old acrylic bogs fogged out like that... if 50% ISO works and doesn't fog it up, why not just use 50% ISO instead of 91% or something?

Quetzalcoatl,
Reactions: JoeKickass

TherealVaporblunt

Manufacturer
I didn't think of that, the palm 2.0 mp is the same material and not a single person has mentioned a fogging issue. Strange

ISO makes some plastics fog like that, also IIRC the structural integrity is eventually compromised. Like jam (i think it was) mentioned, old acrylic bogs fogged out like that... if 50% ISO works and doesn't fog it up, why not just use 50% ISO instead of 91% or something?

Makes sense to me. We will run our tests and let you guys know what is best, I'll have an answer by midweek. In the mean time, I would suggest you guys let me do the experimenting as I have a lot more Mp's than u :)

Sorry about the double post, I thought quetz was in between them

mod note: You're forgiven. Two posts merged.

BillySnarf

I have my PN and watertool coming.. Well not sure when the WT will ship from GV.. Anyway, could someone please post a link to the PONG adapter... I was looking but I could not find it? Thanks

Also Now that I have ordered, I am nervous that I made the wrong decision.. LOL -everytime SLIM posts I start to worry that unit may not fit my needs!! Having to go though 1 1/2 sessions during a show just to catch a non-satisfactory buzz really frightens me!

I guess, portability is just not enough.... when out on the go stealth and speed of use come into play also... Stealth is covered, but it seems I may need to bring a lawn chair with me wherever I go, so I can kickback and have a looong session just to get medicated..

I am still excited to receive my PN.. I will report back here when I do with my experiences.

Late, - Snarf

BillySnarf,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I haven't cleaned mine yet...I'm notorious for that. Starting to get some yellow build up, especially around the ridges inside the PonG. Made me wonder why they are there at all...maybe strength? Smoother surfaces are just easier to clean.

toros...I thought engineer said to not use the usb cord for charging...am i wrong? And nice setup!

stickstones,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
looks like a few of us will have PN's by the middle to end of the week. I hear ya Billy, but keep in mind that SLIM has seriously high tolerance. Definitely give it a fair shake before letting that scare you. So far most of the other posts have been pretty positive. I hope they were able to put the WT in the orders that went out.

jambandphan03,

toros23

toros...I thought engineer said to not use the usb cord for charging...am i wrong? And nice setup!

Hey stickstones - Engineering came back and said it is okay to use a external battery to charge via USB. They recommended one that is 3A output and you will need a USB cable with the correct 3.5mm DC connector.

I took my PN on the road all day yesterday and it performed wonderfully but I keep having an issue with the on/off button. Doesn't take much at all to turn the unit on accidentally while it is being stored and twice I caught my PN heating up when I didn't want it to. I was going to buy a 2nd PN and a water tube but probably gonna wait and see if they address this now. Seems like it would be an easy fix since other portables (well, at least for errl) have protections for this kind of thing. With my Omicron I have to press on/off button 5 times quickly to turn unit on or off and that works well..

GoGlass

Yes, I did yesterday when it was probably 50% charged but not sure how long it took.

Hi toros, thanks for your reply. So at this time have you been successful in recharging COMPLETELY the PN with your external battery ?
Because your battery is rated 1860 mAh, but i think it's for an usb @ 3.7 volts. If it's a 5 volt USB output (i'am not sure but it's what the PN need) it will be at most 75% of that (1395 mAh)...so maybe it was not a full charge ?

GoGlass,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
I had mentioned the turning on issue I believe twice before but of course it isn't being addressed. I am going to make a soft sleeve for the PN with a hard front to stop it from turning on. I hope I get around to it sooner then later. I can use a piece of cardboard and a rubber band in the mean while :rofl:

Dreamerr,
Reactions: toros23

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Yeah when the inhalater was having these pocket turn on issues it was a deal breaker for me. Especially when your trying to stealthily carry a preloaded capsule in it and suddenly your whole office building smells like ganga. I was just about ready to pull the trigger on this guy but this needs to be addressed first.

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Boiling is for now...that will be my method just for the smell issue since iso doesn't take care of that IMO. We will get the other answer later int he week as kelper said.

To me if you don't want it to smell to high heaven why not boil? If you don't care about smell why bother cleaning? I have a lovely oily solo stem and can't wait to make more stuff by boiling it...more buttered bagels or maybe even boiling it then using the pan to cook dinner yummy.

Dreamerr,
Here's a preventative trick you can try. Lightly coat the inside of a clean mouthpiece with high temp cooking oil. When you go to clean it, just swab it out and reapply oil. Don't let it get too crazy dirty between cleanings.

kelper,

toros23

Hi toros, thanks for your reply. So at this time have you been successful in recharging COMPLETELY the PN with your external battery ?
Because your battery is rated 1860 mAh, but i think it's for an usb @ 3.7 volts. If it's a 5 volt USB output (i'am not sure but it's what the PN need) it will be at most 75% of that (1395 mAh)...so maybe it was not a full charge ?

It says on the bottom that it outputs 5V and I don't really know if it will charge a PN completely or just 75%. Sounds like you already know the answer??

toros23,
Top Bottom