The Pinnacle by Vaporblunt

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Yea I won't be happy either if we can't clean the mouth pieces or if it is not for this use as t-dub said. Rose like I said the other day I did q-tip it and no fog but also not smell cleaned and still have gold by the ridges.

Dreamerr,

TherealVaporblunt

Manufacturer
Im not sure i woukd use the phrase "cleaning issues" if you like to clean your piece frequently hot water should do the trick just fine. I've used the same pinnacle for 6 months (sick brag, being the owner is awesome!) and I have never used anything other than hot water. I remember 420 glass cleaners used to make a plastic cleaner specifically for the old school graffix plastic bingers, I am wondering if that's going to do the trick? But seriously, the MP is a part that gets super dirty. The biggest thing is the debris that gets stuck on the screen, hot water and the brush provided will clean that in two seconds, then boil once in a while to deep clean until I find a better solution

TherealVaporblunt,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
But seriously, the MP is a part that gets super dirty. The biggest thing is the debris that gets stuck on the screen, hot water and the brush provided will clean that in two seconds, then boil once in a while to deep clean until I find a better solution
I have boiled mine 3 times now and it is still not resin/stain free or what I would call anywhere near clean. Hot water was simply not enough. I wasn't going to publish these pics but I took these right after a hot water rinse, right before the SG bath. I currently have the PonG out in the sun, using the UV to try and get rid of the smell. I am going to microwave it next. Thank you TRVB for finding us a better solution.

hotwater1.jpg

---
hotwater2.jpg

t-dub,

Medical Mark

Ya I don't understand it either but it happens the iso i use was 99.9% pure but ya as I wiped the adaptor clean the plastic adaptor got foggy white, I even boiled it after, but it still looks the same rough discoloured .
I've use iso on ther things but I have never had this happen before.ya t-dub that's why I used iso cause I couldn't get it clean just boiling it, so I used iso.
Cheers medical mark

Medical Mark,

Dreamerr

Hey TRVB if you are using the same mouth piece for six months can we see a picture? I don't think it is possible to clean those ridges or even in between the screen and the mouthpiece as it is a tight seal.

On a positive note...for those who have a solo glass stem remember hot chocolate alla golden stem. I did it last week but used butter instead and made me a wonderful buttered bagel the next morning. I just dropped the stem in water boiled it for a while and had put butter in and no I didn't measure cause that is to much work. In the solo stem it said a tablespoon depending on how oily. I think I used more cause needed it for the hole bagel but was eating it all at once so was still one dose. The put in a small container in the fridge to let the butter harden and walla you have oil butter.

T-dub did boiling take the herb smell out at least before the SG was used.

I think with the mouth piece it will be easier since the mouth piece can't break while banging around the pot. With the glass you have to have the heat on really low and it still bangs. I have to figure out a way to protect it while boiling. In either respect I will dirty my pong or reg mouth piece golden and let you know how my butter comes out compared to the solo stem.

Crohnie

Crohn's Warrior
If we you could PLEASE just know what the mouthpiece and tips are made of, we would know how to clean them. Vaporblunt stated in the instructions to clean the mouthpiece in ISO. Obviously that was wrong. This isn't that hard to figure out, Vaporblunt. You know that resin isn't water soluble, right? Water alone WON'T do the trick. :bang:

Belgianvapor

If cleaning with iso does nothing else then fog up the mp a little bit (doesn't make it more fragile, porous,...)
then I don't mind cleaning it with iso at all, fogging up the mp a bit just makes that resin build up isn't as noticeable.
At least it's clean, better a foggy clean mp than a dirty clear one (wich isn't clear anymore either)
Maybe later TRVB has black mp's as an option?

Belgianvapor,

Crohnie

Crohn's Warrior
What about cleaning the mouthpiece with VEGETABLE GLYCERIN? It's sometimes used as a base for tinctures. That means it's a solvent for THC. I have a funny feeling it might work. As soon as I get home from work, I'll see if I can pick up some and try it.

Dreamerr

tdub, I added a comment to my post, here it is, T-dub did boiling take the herb smell out at least before the SG was used?

Crohnie I am with you on all of this. I think some of the things being brought up is why I never bought anything from this company before. There seems to be either a lack of knowledge or just not wanting to be up front about what we are putting in our bodies. I have no idea why but it isn't for me to judge. I love my PN but hate the bs. I was suppose to get that bullet from TRVB which he said he sent but it never showed up. I don't know what to think about that. GV actually ended up replacing it but that leaves a really bad taste in my mouth. If he knew it didn't show up cause I told him so he should have sent it again. In the mean while I had to scan all my paper work and show the package contents to prove it ugh. I did all I had to do.

If you all didn't give this such great reviews I wouldn't have bought this either. Again I am loving my PN but not the other stuff.

Someone commented to me, why would you buy such an expensive piece of plastic? I said but a lot of vapes are made out of plastics. The person said not the same type. The person went on to call out the differences but since I don't understand plastics I didn't retain this stuff to repeat it. I don't know what to take from that but it is a well informed person who has been using vapes forever. The person is also a very well respected member. That was a scary comment to me.

Dreamerr,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
If cleaning with iso does nothing else then fog up the mp a little bit (doesn't make it more fragile, porous,...)
Thats the problem. From what I can see it definitely makes the surface much more porous, and a lot rougher . . . My PonG did survive the microwave . . . back out in the sun . . .

Crohnie

Crohn's Warrior
TWO WORDS: VEGETABLE GLYCERIN. Seriously, guys....I think this may be the cleaner we're looking for.

Crohnie,
Reactions: chad

Dreamerr

I will do one of them if I can find the energy both are dirty just the pong more then the mouth piece. I can use the mouth piece the rest of the day to dirty it up for the test. There beta testers must not even touch on the stuff we do but that is there job.

Dreamerr,
Reactions: t-dub

Chill Dude

If we you could PLEASE just know what the mouthpiece and tips are made of, we would know how to clean them. Vaporblunt stated in the instructions to clean the mouthpiece in ISO. Obviously that was wrong. This isn't that hard to figure out, Vaporblunt. You know that resin isn't water soluble, right? Water alone WON'T do the trick. :bang:

Hey Chronie, I think you're right.. We need to know the type and characteristics of the plastic used for the mouthpieece and tips. TRVB and his engineer should have done extensive materials studies ( including safety and tolerance to cleaning products) during the design process and certainly before manufacturing the device. That said, I think the prudent course of action is to wait until TRVB gives us information on the plastic and detailed cleaning instruction, rather than blindly testing cleaning products.. I've never had a plastic part on a vape that couldn't be cleaned with ISO. I hate to say it, but I'm starting to think they used a low grade cheap plastic that , as T -Dub said, is not fit for this use. I hope I'm proven wrong......

jambandphan03

in flavor country
if that is the case, hopefully, replacement tops can be made of a better material with out too much trouble or cost. The plus side here, is that it's a removable part, that can be replaced.

Medical Mark

Maybe they should make a ceramic or glass of SS mouth pice and adaptor? Maybe that would take care of the porous issue.
Either way it not good if chemical stays hidden in the plastic due to porous microscopic holes.
Is this the case? If soi hope they change some things.

Medical Mark,

JoeKickass

Ya I'm not sure the top is PES, it's supposed to be fine with iso :\

But hot water should clean resin and particulate just fine, and that's what the maker said he's done for 6 months so right now that's the only way I'd clean it...

JoeKickass,

TherealVaporblunt

Manufacturer
I don't know the answer to what he mp is made of, I thought engineering said pes earlier in the thread.

Dreamer, I'm out of town. I'll post a pic when I get back home if you'd like, but my def of clean and your guys is dramatically different I now see. My version of clean is way more dirty than the pic posted above.

Sticks: how have you cleaned yours?

My mp, if memory serves me right, is disclosed slightly yellowish. I would call it used looking but clean. I've never boiled or used solution as far as I can remember. I use the pong 99% of the time, and it's the pong I was referring to when I said mp.

Edit: just to repeat, I will find a solution to this. I can't speculate much more without actually looking at it

Dreamerr

So a picture of you pong then. We will await your solution. Believe it or not I clean the least of all around here but with this vape I was more concerned cause wanted it spic and span for travel and it seemed like it could be done hence that part of my review.

Edit: Can some of you please time your warm up to low? I have noticed it taking longer so I decided to time it. You know after 45 seconds I get ancy and the minute ten I was getting used to even though I didn't like it. Well since I was getting ancy and wanted to take I am crazy out of the picture I timed my last two sessions. I hate timing really I do. First one was a minute twenty five and the second was a minute twenty eight. I hope this isn't an issue starting to happen.

Dreamerr,

ZombiezAteMyD0G

The Vape Escape
i threw my pong in a baggy with 91.9% and shook around for a couple mins until clean then rinsed with water immediately after. It looked foggy at first but after drying the best I could with a paper towel and using it right after, its all clear, except for maybe the part right around the screen which you don't really see when its on the pinnacle

ZombiezAteMyD0G,
Top Bottom