1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

The Magic-Flight Box

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by magicflight, May 16, 2009.

1. Chrysenth

Chrysenth Member

Vicki likes this.
  2. MishaX

MishaX New Member

The bubbler looks beautiful and would like to add it to my growing family of MFLB accessories. I have a heretical question, can it also be used as a regular water pipe, if so, what types of adaptors are available for the combustion end? Also has anybody used it with the Kava concentrate?
    Thanks

Quetzalcoatl likes this.
  3. KidFated.

KidFated. Watch your pawking metaws.

Dont disgrace a magic flight bubbler with combustion.

axakal, Anomaly, Joshh1 and 1 other person like this.
  4. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl SPACE GOD 宇宙

Uuuuuuugh.

If you really wanna combust, you'll need to get a ground glass mouthpiece that would fit into where the whip attachment would go, unless you're cool with replacing the stems/tubing. And get lots of ISO alcohol or some PBW (or both ;)) to clean the glass up :)

5. poonman

poonman Well-Known Member

Well MishaX did forewarn us about the type of question .

Plus I think MishaX was just using it as a descriptive word .
    Probably familiar with it's function , having own a few LBs .

Quetzalcoatl likes this.
  6. Quetzalcoatl

Neither BlissSville nor Magic Flight are going out of business; BlissSville will continue on as a company but will no longer carry LB's. They were MF's first retailers back when they were just starting out, now that MF has grown they can handle everything themselves, and BlissSville has taken the business decision of discontinuing carrying their product. Magic Flight lives on!

axakal, Vessel, Vitolo and 5 others like this.
  7. caves

caves Living the vape life

Based on the size of the perc holes on mine I'd say it would clog up from resin accumulation quite quickly, perhaps in only a bowl or two. It's really optimized for vaporizing.

8. Anomaly

Anomaly Member

Maybe with an ashcatcher and dedicated 'smoke' whip. But that would be an ugly monstrosity, and not any good for big hits either. I'm not sure I see the point. Good luck if you do decide to try it.

9. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

Well explained.
    BlissSville, the original distributors of Magic Flight also cared for all warranty concerns during their distributorship. The owner of BlissSville, a well known Aromatherapist has moved the companies focus back to it's origins...Orchard Harvest items (Persimmons, Avocados, etc), Teas, and Aromatherapy. They did a stellar job, and these MFLB deals are a steal.. well worth the money!

10. KidFated.

Sounds like blissSville is just a good company respectfully letting go of their "brothers" responsibilities now that MF is all grown up and can stand its own. Good info quetz and vito. Wish more businesses cared about other good natured businesses.

Quetzalcoatl, axakal and Vitolo like this.
  11. Chrysenth

Chrysenth Member

Yes! I did end up ordering one, I'm very excited. While I do have my Vapor Bros. to hold me over, it'll be fantastic going completely combustion free with a portable vape. instead of lugging around pipes and lighters. I'm extremely excited and can't wait for it to arrive.

Vitolo, Vicki, Quetzalcoatl and 2 others like this.
  12. KidFated.

13. caves

Good news: USPS found my package and it got here today! Included were the two draw whips in nice black drawstring bags AND a maple finishing grinder as a gift! Kind of funny, actually, I just recently picked up a finishing grinder on Massdrop. Guess I have two now! :D

Can't wait to try out the orbiter with the whips, it's gonna be a lot easier then holding the whole thing up to my face so I could draw from an acrylic stem held in place by a battery cap. I think I'll also be able to clear the Orbiter by lifting out the top water pipe adapter, unlike my temporary piece of cork wedged in there.

14. b0

b0 Vapor powered

How much was the price in Massdrop? Hope they sell it again soon, I want to buy one :D

Quetzalcoatl, caves and KidFated. like this.
  15. caves

It came down to like, $24 shipped? It's almost a guarantee that enough people will go in on the drop to get the lowest price. Really awesome thing to have though, the grind is perfect for the MFLB.

Quetzalcoatl and b0 like this.
  16. axakal

axakal Well-Known Member

somehow i'm inclined more to your setup with the short glass mouth piece instead of a second whip. makes it more comfortable to hold and not get lost in all the tubing. i'm more a friend of vaping relaxed on my couch as opposed to sitting at the table as the author of a review on youtube does. :) does magic flight actually offer a deal, where you can only buy the bubbler without the whips? didn't find any information on the bubbler on their page yet.

cute dog :)

edit: how thick is the glass actually? didn't find this information either. one got to be careful with two cats having unexpected wild chases in the vaping room. :)

Last edited: Mar 4, 2014
    Quetzalcoatl likes this.
  17. paytonpenn

paytonpenn Level 30 Nature/Healer

Just a random question, am I the only one still using pyronym's method?
    Have you tried his method with micro hits?

What I do is using the MFLB "normally",
    Press in battery
    3-4 second wait (until I see vapor form at the stem hole)
    Normal (2-3 second) micro hit
    Switch to inhaling through nose (3-4 seconds)
    Back to micro hit to finish (2-3 seconds)
    Depending on your lung capacity you may use the second micro hit to finish your draw, otherwise if possible I recommend switching back and forth with micro hitting and nose inhales until you're ready to finish your hit.

18. Quetzalcoatl

Yeah, I use that technique. I change it a lot, sometimes I'll do microhits, sometimes pyronym's "inhale through your nose to create a vacuum effect" tech, sometimes one long slow draw.

nopartofme, RUDE BOY and paytonpenn like this.
  19. meek420

meek420 Well-Known Member

Pinching the hose of the whip so the air is pinched off can help with this micro hitting method

20. KidFated.

Just found this thread on tha second page..... Anyone see those "dart stems" on tha MF sales page? They look nice but i prefer shorty's or native.

21. KVVS

KVVS Member

Just ordered the Walnut launch box, gonna try and ditch the Smokeys Blue for the MLFB.

Just one qeustion, i ordered the MFLB from the US and i live in the EU, now i figured a simple converting plug should be enough.. anyone can confirm this? or do i need a step-down converter (or just buy an EU charger)

KidFated. likes this.
  22. b0

b0 Vapor powered

The step down will be enough, I bought mine from puffitup without any problem.

23. KVVS

KVVS Member

Could u send me a pic/link i cant seem to find it on the puffitup site,
    I currently already own a simple plug like this one, but it doesn't convert the volts or anything.

OF likes this.
  24. axakal

axakal Well-Known Member

i see, you're in the NL, why don't you order from a european store? saves you a lot of waiting time.

25. KVVS

KVVS Member

EU Walnut would cost me 123 euros , or 110 using the Forum discount on Vaposhop, i got the Walnut for 85euros on Ebay (with no import taxes) i figured the discount would make up for the waiting time (and US charger).

KidFated. likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors