Discontinued The Inhalater INH004 Phytotherapeutic Rechargeable Portable Vaporizer

Yes well the boiling point of THC is 365 F and according to the temps listed for the Inh., 8 1/2 should be approx. 375 F. I hit it until there is no more vapor. I've never been good at tasting that burnt popcorn taste so many people talk about and, no, I'm not getting ash. Just wondering if I'm taking a hit or 2 too much? Guess I'll have to try a couple less hits next time I use it...

The Infamous El Guapo,

ats314

Yes well the boiling point of THC is 365 F and according to the temps listed for the Inh., 8 1/2 should be approx. 375 F. I hit it until there is no more vapor. I've never been good at tasting that burnt popcorn taste so many people talk about and, no, I'm not getting ash. Just wondering if I'm taking a hit or 2 too much? Guess I'll have to try a couple less hits next time I use it...

that's actually a common misconception. The boiling point for THC is actually 315 F. CBD boils about between 320 and 360 and CBN at about 365. CBN makes up a very small percentage of the cannabanoids, while THC and CBD have good affects that you want, which is why most people recommend vaping at 365. You get everything you want and nothing you don't. However, if you are only interested in THC, you can vape at 315 or above. Some good science indicates that CBD plays a pivotal role in the "good feels" of marijuana, so I recommend trying to vape at a high enough temp to boil it as well. Here's a PDF with more info.

http://www.omma1998.org/McPartland-Russo-JCANT 1(3-4)-2001.pdf

ats314,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
If it doesn't bother you then vape till dark, I do. It is not combusting so unless you want light ABV for something you are cooking go for it especially if you can taste it. I seriously doubt 8 is 375 I think it is higher but nobody has done a meter test yet. I think 6 is 375 but that is only a guess from comparing how I feel.

Thanks for the pdf interesting. I wish it had an easier to read chart.

vorrange

Vapor.wise
If it doesn't bother you then vape till dark, I do. It is not combusting so unless you want light ABV for something you are cooking go for it especially if you can taste it. I seriously doubt 8 is 375 I think it is higher but nobody has done a meter test yet. I think 6 is 375 but that is only a guess from comparing how I feel.

I agree, i find it hard to believe the temperature at position 8 is 375 if the abv comes out dark, it problably is more like 390F or 400F.

vorrange,

ats314

did you see pg. 111? It has a nice chart to read, unless that is what you were talking about.

ats314,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Pax claims High setting is 410 and my ABV from that is comparatively as dark as the ABV from the INH at the 8+ setting. So it must be up there. I have yet to combust in either the Pax or the INH yet, just really dark ABV.

jambandphan03,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
did you see pg. 111? It has a nice chart to read, unless that is what you were talking about.

No I missed it cause I saved it and scanned through it quickly. I got scared cause there were lots of words on the page:rofl: I think the chart in vaporpedia is about the same as that one cept it has Fahrenheit for us dumb Americans. http://vaporpedia.com/wiki/Vaporizing_Effects_by_Temperature The two charts vary a bit as well.

Dreamerr,
that's actually a common misconception. The boiling point for THC is actually 315 F. CBD boils about between 320 and 360 and CBN at about 365. CBN makes up a very small percentage of the cannabanoids, while THC and CBD have good affects that you want, which is why most people recommend vaping at 365. You get everything you want and nothing you don't. However, if you are only interested in THC, you can vape at 315 or above. Some good science indicates that CBD plays a pivotal role in the "good feels" of marijuana, so I recommend trying to vape at a high enough temp to boil it as well. Here's a PDF with more info.

http://www.omma1998.org/McPartland-Russo-JCANT 1(3-4)-2001.pdf
Is CBN also desirable or just the THC and CBD? What setting would you use if you were only vaping for pleasure purposes and not medicinal?

The Infamous El Guapo,

ats314

Is CBN also desirable or just the THC and CBD? What setting would you use if you were only vaping for pleasure purposes and not medicinal?

Honestly, even after reading the PDF on the CBN, i need a translator. My impression from the text was that CBN is the waste product of THC. In mice, it actually inhibits the affects of THC, but for some reason, in humans, it makes it stronger. So, technically I guess CBN is a good thing, but it's to a very small degree and you have to heat the weed to an extra 20-30F to get it boiled off. By doing that, you are potentially releasing more CO2, benzene, and other carcinogens. For this reason, I aim for just THC and CBD and try and hit right around 365-370.

edit: There is also some info about the receptors that CBN binds to in the frontal lobe, that sounded like it was a negative, but I'm not totally sure. To quote the opposite of star trek, "I'm an engineer, not a doctor"

ats314,
Honestly, even after reading the PDF on the CBN, i need a translator. My impression from the text was that CBN is the waste product of THC. In mice, it actually inhibits the affects of THC, but for some reason, in humans, it makes it stronger. So, technically I guess CBN is a good thing, but it's to a very small degree and you have to heat the weed to an extra 20-30F to get it boiled off. By doing that, you are potentially releasing more CO2, benzene, and other carcinogens. For this reason, I aim for just THC and CBD and try and hit right around 365-370.

edit: There is also some info about the receptors that CBN binds to in the frontal lobe, that sounded like it was a negative, but I'm not totally sure.
So when using your Inh what number are you dialed in at, 5 - 6 ???

The Infamous El Guapo,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Well I am quite looking forward to it; though I doubt it will have actual internet access, though that really would be some next level shit lol.

I think what he meant is that you will be able to download them from the internet and then re-flash the eeeprom memory chips over USB to load the new firmware. Which is still pretty damn cool.

CentiZen,

purplekush604

I called planetvape today, new inh is coming out before christmas. The person on the phone said better battery life, and new circuit board.

purplekush604,

xvdbio

Does anyone here ever have their load come out charred after a session? I start vaping at 5 1/2 or 6 and then finish on 8 or 8 1/2. According to the temp chart for the inhalater I shouldn't be getting any higher 380F. Am I over hitting my load or is my temperature off? Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. On a side note having owned both the Pax and the Inh., the Pax hits less harsh but the Inh. gives off more vapor, IMHO.

All things considered, I'd rather have your problem. I can't get my ABV darker than chestnut even on max.

xvdbio,
Reactions: ats314

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member

That depends on your needs. CBN is a sedative. If you want to learn more I recommend the SC Labs educational videos.

edit: There is also some info about the receptors that CBN binds to in the frontal lobe, that sounded like it was a negative, but I'm not totally sure. To quote the opposite of star trek, "I'm an engineer, not a doctor"

CBN is a degradation product not a waste product. Those are different things. There is no CO2 produced during vapourization, that is a product of combustion.

Ontariovapes

Great job OV. I am mailing you mine to make it pretty too.

Edit: I still don't get why you talented people haven't figured out a way to score the temp dial and make it pretty too.
Dreamerr, I bought enough of that stuff to do about ten units and it only cost me four bux. I'd be more than happy to do yours for you. Just send it along and you'll have it back in no time.

Ontariovapes,
Reactions: Dreamerr

ats314

That depends on your needs. CBN is a sedative. If you want to learn more I recommend the SC Labs educational videos.

CBN is a degradation product not a waste product. Those are different things. There is no CO2 produced during vapourization, that is a product of combustion.

Degradation product and waste product are essentially the same thing, but we don't have to argue semantics. You're 100% wrong about the CO2. Vaping reduces it significantly, but it is still there. As is CO (carbon monoxide), just in very small amounts.

ats314,

deadc0ffee

Inquisitive vaporist
Degradation product and waste product are essentially the same thing, but we don't have to argue semantics. You're 100% wrong about the CO2. Vaping reduces it significantly, but it is still there. As is CO (carbon monoxide), just in very small amounts.
Really? I can't figure out how that could happen without combustion. I don't know of anything in there that would release CO/CO2 when heated

deadc0ffee,

ats314

Really? I can't figure out how that could happen without combustion. I don't know of anything in there that would release CO/CO2 when heated

yes. If a plant goes from green to brown, you're producing CO and CO2. A couple quick google searches finds this, but I'm sure you could find more with your own research.
" In addition, the carbon monoxide levels were significantly reduced with vaporization compared with smoked marijuana"
http://www.cmcr.ucsd.edu/index.php?...y-system&catid=41:research-studies&Itemid=135

"Vapor ideally contains virtually zero particulate matter or tar, and significantly lower concentrations of noxious gases such as carbon monoxide."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaporizer_(cannabis)

ats314,

deadc0ffee

Inquisitive vaporist
I can't find any evidence of vaporization producing carbon monoxide, there is a background concentration of it wherever you are which "significantly lower" may have been referring to.

EDIT: in response to
yes. If a plant goes from green to brown, you're producing CO and CO2.
That could easily be a protein/amino acid reaction with absolutely no carbon monoxide produced (such as the Maillard reaction)

deadc0ffee,
Top Bottom