Discontinued The Inhalater INH004 Phytotherapeutic Rechargeable Portable Vaporizer

ats314

I can't find any evidence of vaporization producing carbon monoxide, there is a background concentration of it wherever you are which "significantly lower" may have been referring to.
)

I don't understand what this statement means. Can you clarify?

edit:
"http://www.maps.org/media/vaporizer_epub.pdf"

"One strength (1.7, 3.4, or 6.8% tetrahydrocannabinol (THC)) and delivery system was randomly assigned for each of the 6 study days. Plasma concentrations of D-9-THC, expired carbon monoxide (CO), physiologic and neuropsychologic effects were the main outcome measures."

"Reductions in carbon monoxide (CO) and tar generation were also observed under vaporization
compared to smoking."

"The levels of exhaled CO increased very little after vaporization;
mean¼1.9 p.p.m.; 95% CI: 4.4, 0.6 for 1.7% THC;
mean¼1.8 p.p.m.; 95% CI: 3.7, 0.7 for 3.4% THC; and
mean¼0.5 p.p.m.; 95% CI: 1.9, 0.9 for 6.8% THC),
whereas there was a substantial increase after smoking
marijuana (mean¼15.5 p.p.m.; 95% CI: 11.0, 20.1 for 1.7%
THC; mean¼11.9 p.p.m.; 95% CI: 6.8, 17.1 for 3.4% THC;
mean¼7.0 p.p.m.; 95% CI: 4.0, 10.0 for 6.8% THC)"

So here we have a study that specifically states it tested expired CO levels and noted a reduction yet still had noticeable quantities of CO.

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Well I am quite looking forward to it; though I doubt it will have actual internet access, though that really would be some next level shit lol.

I think what he meant is that you will be able to download them from the internet and then re-flash the eeeprom memory chips over USB to load the new firmware. Which is still pretty damn cool.

Guess he heard me asking you that question.

BTW I actually used my INH out tonight and used it with no tubing and no throat issues. I always thought it was way less harsh when outside maybe cause of all the air around who knows. It could all be in my mind. I am a bit freaked out when out. Yes, I was to lazy to take the tube out of my pocket. Sitting talking outside in my chair it was to deep down and needed my meds.

Ouch my head hurts that was way to many words and numbers. Now I need to vape to forget.:o

OV I am visiting :)

Dreamerr,
Reactions: ats314

vorrange

Vapor.wise
I don't understand what this statement means. Can you clarify?

edit:
"http://www.maps.org/media/vaporizer_epub.pdf"

"One strength (1.7, 3.4, or 6.8% tetrahydrocannabinol (THC)) and delivery system was randomly assigned for each of the 6 study days. Plasma concentrations of D-9-THC, expired carbon monoxide (CO), physiologic and neuropsychologic effects were the main outcome measures."

"Reductions in carbon monoxide (CO) and tar generation were also observed under vaporization
compared to smoking."

"The levels of exhaled CO increased very little after vaporization;
mean¼1.9 p.p.m.; 95% CI: 4.4, 0.6 for 1.7% THC;
mean¼1.8 p.p.m.; 95% CI: 3.7, 0.7 for 3.4% THC; and
mean¼0.5 p.p.m.; 95% CI: 1.9, 0.9 for 6.8% THC),
whereas there was a substantial increase after smoking
marijuana (mean¼15.5 p.p.m.; 95% CI: 11.0, 20.1 for 1.7%
THC; mean¼11.9 p.p.m.; 95% CI: 6.8, 17.1 for 3.4% THC;
mean¼7.0 p.p.m.; 95% CI: 4.0, 10.0 for 6.8% THC)"

So here we have a study that specifically states it tested expired CO levels and noted a reduction yet still had noticeable quantities of CO.

From what i understand, the expiration of CO is normal considering you used the O2 and H2O present in the plant. It is, in no way, similar to the amounts of CO present in combustion, and it is not present in concentrations which are harmfull. As you can see, the levels of CO are reduced the higher the THC and are about 10 times higher for combustion.

And i think there is a point in going higher than 365F.. actually the recomended temps for the best overall extraction is somewhere around 374F or 190C.

To put it simply, lower temps (from 140C to 180C, 285F to 355F) release more THC compounds and less CBD and CBN, and the higher temps (from 195-230C, 383-446F) release more CBD and CBN compounds.

Because we don't want to combust, we don't go until 446F, but there are some sedative compounds who are released at those temperatures, hence the more sedative effect of combusting.

Also, the higher concentration of CBN and CBD compounds, which happens at higher temps, balances the THC effect, reducing the euphoria and other thc effects, giving you a more "body high".

In addition, the CBN and CBD compounds offer you the most medicinal effects, or at least, they have more medicinal applications than THC.

From what i read, and what i experienced i think 190-195C, 374-383F, are the sweet spot to get 80-90% of the goodies, but i still like to go higher to get those sedatives.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member

You missed the word expired. That means it is present in exhalation. CO and CO2 are always present in exhaled breath at the levels reported in that study. The weed turns from green to brown because the flavinoids are vapourized, not because of released CO2 and CO.

If you want to discuss this further, open a thread in Vaporization Discussion. We're way off topic here.

I'll repeat that because in the past, some members have had a lot of trouble grasping what it means: If you want to discuss this further, open a thread in Vaporization Discussion. We're way off topic here.

spanner

Does anybody have any experience with the THC gear like the persei and universe, and if so how would they compare the INH?

spanner,

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
Does anybody have any experience with the THC gear like the persei and universe, and if so how would they compare the INH?

the INH is for flowers only... while the omicron is for Oil only.... now the Persei was originally for oil only too but they have released some attachments that are supposed to be for flower. However... the Persei itself comes with a pretty hefty price tag and after you add the attachments to do the flowers you are looking at a very pricey vape. now that is just my :2c:

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Yeah, they are two different animals. Persei is based on Ecig technology, and uses threaded cartridges, and allows you to change out from vaping oils in a cart, to using the herb vaporizer but all of that stuff has a learning curve for user control which can be frustrating for a new user, and is very expensive. I am close to wanting to sell my purple Persei, I just never use it, and the Bender for herbs was just not the right vape for me, having these automatic portable vapes already. If you are heavy into oils, and go through a lot of it dabbing, then Persei might be a good portable for you.

I prefer my INH, it's so much easier to use.

jambandphan03,

mmenzie

i would love to own a Persei as i am just starting to learn about oils and concentrates and i just got a EGO-C in which i get these glycerine tanks with hash oil in them. i am also getting some adapters to work with omicron carts cause my brother in law wants to try and make some QWISO. so i would love to have a Persei and the attachments to do flowers so i can do both but alas the Persei and the necessary attachments are WAY outta my budget. i saw some attachments from other companies that say they are 510 threaded for the EGO style pens and do dty flowers but can't find anyone that has used them and can report back. i am debating on being a "first tester" but am very hesitant.

sorry to derail the topic.... now back to the real topic of the INH

mmenzie,

Dreamerr

Please clear this up for me. Are a lot of people on this site using tobacco ecigs and such? I always thought herb people didn't smoke/vape tobacco as much especially in this day and age. As I read all the oil vapes I always wonder if they are using mj oils or tobacco.

On another note is there a thread for natural herbs on here I looked but didn't see one and I am interested in trying naturals out. I only do one natural now mj :D and would like to try other ones. I was also thinking if they help great but if they don't I will always carry a capsule full of a good smelling one for stealth reasons and proof.

MM wow wish I could get that stuff.

Dreamerr,

mmenzie

Dreamerr read my post above yours... i don't smoke tobacco and have not for many, many, many years. i do have an e-cig that i use for hash oil....

sorry to derail again but wanted to answer her question..... now back to the topic

Dreamerr

Fully charge although it may already be. I suggest do a burn which means put it to high and let it run to get the oils from making it off. Personally I would do it twice so keep it plugged in and let it burn.

Enjoy

Thanks MM I did miss that. Now when I come back east in a few months, I am coming to you for my stash.

Dreamerr,
Reactions: mmenzie

Adobewan

As stated already, the Persei and Omicron are for vaping concentrates(oils, waxes, budders, glass).

One of the advantages of using concentrates with the Persei/Omicron is you load once for a couple of days worth of use as well as getting more consistant flavor(no ABV recycling in your chamber).
Another real advantage is being able to reach into your pocket, hit the button, bring it up, draw, put it back into your pocket, at any time. And in the case of a chrome Omicron, nearly anywhere.

Regarding D9V's flower gear, the INH is way easier to use on the go than the Bender(or the Pax IMO).
The Bender lacks the stealth of the INH and the Pax(you won't be throwing that right in your pocket after a draw) but I believe it's intention was to be the one true, pure glass portable for flowers. In that it is in a class by itself.
A more appropriate peer to the INH and Pax should be D9V's Hercules carts, soon to be released(fingers and chest hairs crossed).

If you're strictly a flower person, need stealth, and can't wait, I'd suggest an INH or Solo. Getting to know the Inhalater, I wonder if they considered calling it the "Annihilator".
...I do after a stem or two.

Adobewan,

Dreamerr

@ Adobewan I haven't seen you signature since you got the INH. I am loving the fighting. It looks like the INH is blowing vape at the pax so kewl.:cool:

Dreamerr,

559stonerr

so i just received my inhalater and i cant manage to take off the cap:doh: i tried twisting and pulling.. can anyone help??​

559stonerr,

Ontariovapes

Hold the Inh in your fist and push against the cap with your thumb. It'll Come right off I never put it back on.

Ontariovapes,

Dreamerr

If you have a kid ask them that is what I had to do. On a good note it gets easier. Don't pull straight up. Push it off on an angle. I left my off for weeks cause of it but now no issue. Good luck putting it back on. I couldn't use my INH for hours till my son came home from school. It was a really sad day. If you look back in Aug you will find the posts.

OV I do now cause now I get it and can take it off. Putting it on is still hard. I only do it if taking it out.

Dreamerr,

Dreamerr

Push towards the top not the bottom...wait I am checking now...Yep the top....trust me I had to wait hours till I got it opened go read back it was funny but it wasn't then.

Dreamerr,

559stonerr

Push towards the top not the bottom...wait I am checking now...Yep the top....trust me I had to wait hours till I got it opened go read back it was funny but it wasn't then.

still no such luck with this method:shrug: now my thumb is starting to hurt. this blowssssssss

559stonerr,

Dreamerr

OK so after my son did it the first time this is what I had to do for the first week or so after I finally put it back on. I had to use my whole hand and do the same thing you were doing with your thumb. No way will it come straight up. When you take it off you will see why. There is a huge lip both on the cap and the INH which is great cause there is zero smell coming out even if it fresh herb, ABV or dog doodoo. it is a pain when you first get it. I wanted to cry. Angle and twist pull.

Dreamerr,
Top Bottom