Discontinued The Inhalater INH004 Phytotherapeutic Rechargeable Portable Vaporizer

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
oh duh lol...I will try it. Right now I have a full capsule in it.

Dreamerr,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Blow through while the capsule is out. The idea is to push air through blocked screen holes. I would not try it while the top is hot.

jambandphan03,

CapitalFlower

I just purchased an Inhalater from planetvape.ca, shipping to the UK so it might take a while. Hopefully they will send me the latest model :\

CapitalFlower,

Dreamerr

Duh jam you know me so well. I did blow while it was hot last week hehe. No I know to do it with the capsule out. I am not that clueless just almost. I just have one in there loaded and didn't want to bother taking it out. I sound so lazy don't I?

vapeguy

The issues with cleaning the bottom screen have me a bit concerned if it's not removable and it seems to get clogged.

Those who have used it daily for 6 months or more have you had problems with the bottom screen needing cleaning and is it easy to clean?

I find it strange the bottom screen would get clogged at all, on my Volcano while the top screen only lasts 1-2 weeks before needing cleaning, the bottom screen NEVER needed any cleaning with severeal years of daily use, so why would the bottom screen get clogged on the Inhalater? It is by design self-cleaning. Is it an issue of people using hash or oils that melt down into the screen and clog it that way? Have herb-only users had any problems with the bottom screen getting clogged?

Another question: In the Solo if you turn it on and load it but forget about it and leave it there, you'll "burn" all the herb and when you remember to toke you'll find your fresh herb has nothing left to vaporize. This means once I load the Solo I hurry up to finish the load ASAP and if I'm with friends and they start talking while holding the Solo I need to remind them the herb is "burning away" during that time. Is this the case with the Inhalater also or can it be left on and loaded without cooking the herb? I'll buy it anyway, but if it doesn't cook herb when not toking that's just another huge advantage.

Thanks

vapeguy,

Dreamerr

There is no issue cleaning the bottom screen. I think read most if not all of this thread so you know I hate to clean vapes. I use really resin heavy stuff and not always bone dry so the resin does get all of the poly in the chamber as well as the bottom screen since the capsule faces down. This was the real first big cleaning I did and I have it for the most part my daily driver since the end of Aug.

I will answer about burning herb but I am not as knowledgeable as most around here since I am fairly new to vaping. I have had my MFLB for two years but now I am combustion free so vaping all the time. From what I understand vapes are conduction or convection with convection usually having conduction as well. So since you have conduction if you don't vape you will eventually burn your herb up. The more convection a vape has the longer it will take is all.

If I am wrong I will be corrected but I think I got it right.

Dreamerr,

Vitolo

Vaporist
The bottom screen is very easily removable, and PlanetVapes sells replacements at a very low cost:
Inhalater Screens
They come in regular and fine.
As pointed out before, you can "get in there" with that straw and suck around the area, and get much stuff..... but the bottom screen is changeable, (and cleanable too)

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
The bottom screen is very easily removable, and PlanetVapes sells replacements at a very low cost:
Inhalater Screens
They come in regular and fine.
As pointed out before, you can "get in there" with that straw and suck around the area, and get much stuff..... but the bottom screen is changeable, (and cleanable too)

good to know... what I really want to figure out is how to clean the intake holes. One of mine is near completely clogged. If I blow in the mouthpiece I can only feel air going out one of the two screens unless I block the other screen. One side is very clearly mostly clogged. Anyone know how to clean it and get it flowing well again?

ru_frothi,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I never like to blow......
I believe that air goes in one direction only, and you would do best to not force breath with it's moistures and contaminates (which can be thick/sticky) sucking is desirable it you can get away with it.
shake it and agitate it in a test tube with Iso, and then rinse with very warm water..... and suck dry well after initially shaking it for moisture.

Vitolo,

Dreamerr

Vito won't that put water or iso inside the INH or did I misunderstand what you wrote.

I never had those holes clogged and can't see how they will get clogged. But if yours are find something small enough to fit through. Off hand the two things I thought of are more then likely to big like a paper clip or a tooth pick wood. I can't think of anything skinner but if I do I will post it. I just woke up so the mind is slow.

Dreamerr,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
It is; I find the best strategy is to take a pin and bend a tiny hook in it at the bottom; then use that to lift it out.

Dreamerr

It is; I find the best strategy is to take a pin and bend a tiny hook in it at the bottom; then use that to lift it out.

I suppose you have done it. The question is, is it necessary? I have not removed the lower screen on this vape or my DV cause I know I won't be able to get it back it. I can't see why it would be really necessary so please enlighten me and others if we should bother trying.

Dreamerr,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Thanks y'all!! I will see how it goes, mine is super clean on the side I can see, but I can tell there is gunk down under it. I'll be back later after giving it a shot.

...IDK mine doesn't want to seem to budge. I tried the bent tip sraight pin, and it doesn't seem to grab enough to pull anything. I am so worried about messing something up. Any other ideas?

Just after typing that, I tried one more time, and it came right up....nevermind :D And yes, my screen and the space under it are both dirty. Time for a clean up.

Screen out, before cleaning. This may explain why one of the air paths got clogged for someone else. The air holes have build up in them.

sn67j.jpg

...and while not completely clogged, my screen was partially blocked by residue, and needed a good cleaning.

q6FHK.jpg

Dreamerr

Thanks y'all!! I will see how it goes, mine is super clean on the side I can see, but I can tell there is gunk down under it. I'll be back later after giving it a shot.

Jam take video so I can learn. Mine is working with no restriction since I cleaned but now you have me wondering if it could be better hmmmmmmmmmm.

Dreamerr,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
not really much to take vids of, I pulled the screen out, dipped a q tip in a little Iso, cleaned out the chamber, and the screen, the put it all back, it was pretty easy really. The hard part was making the straight pin angle right so it would grab and pull.

P.S. I added a couple of photos to my previous post... ^

oh, and it did improve the performance, the air flow is much better now.

jambandphan03,
Reactions: Dreamerr

Dreamerr

First I am in shock how dirty that was. I don't even want to know what mine looks like since you rotate which vape and such you use. Did you have any issue with the poly as you were pulling it out? I am always afraid that poly stuff is going to rip or bend in the wrong direction and cause an issue. How did you clean under the screen area with a dry q? I thought we can't get iso or water where the workings of the vape are.

Dreamerr,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I used a just barely damp with Iso q tip, not very wet at all, just enough to remove the surface layer, then I quickly followed it with a dry one. I used a pipe cleaner to get down the two air holes (forgot to mention that). They are not very deep. Then I blew from the outside air holes (covering one up with my finger) to push anything that may be getting trapped in there out, and wiped it all down again with a dry q tip. Also keep in mind, I got mine used, so I don't know how much material has passed through it. Good to know if I were to send it in for waranty service, might want to clean that out really good first.

jambandphan03,

Dreamerr

You forgot to mention about the polymide. Was it an issue not to bend, scratch, or mess it up. I don't know how well that stuff is on the walls of the chamber.

Dreamerr,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I had no issues with the polymide, wasn't even effected. The screen lifted up and out easily once I got the pin hooked under it just right. It went back in just fine too. No problems at all.

natural farmer

Hey all, a friend finally received his replacement INH and he loves it so far! A question though... Is the polyimide supposed to be wrinkled (wavy) and when heated to straighten and get flatter? He is afraid of the resin deforming again like the first unit. What's your take?

natural farmer,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
I've got a couple capsules which come out of the unit wrinkly, I think that they are just ever so slightly longer than usual. I've not noticed any issues in performance from it. If it is happening on the inside though; there is a problem

CentiZen,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I found some capsules are able to be "clicked" in place a bit too far.
push the capsules in to where it touches bottom, and do not force it in a second click and it should be OK.
I have not had the chance to see a wrinkly capsule yet... but will be on the lookout.

Vitolo,
Top Bottom