Discontinued The Inhalater INH004 Phytotherapeutic Rechargeable Portable Vaporizer

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I use a slow steady draw, easy, don't force it. Each device has a different draw speed/intensity as many of you already know. I always get the thickest vapor when I find just the right amount of pull, that isn't forcing air through too quickly, more of a steady sip. I don't know if this description is helpful, but I thought I'd try anyway for those who may be trying to hit it like a pipe or rollie. I try to imagine the herb slowly heating and releasing vapor, so I want that vapor to build up a bit as I draw to thicken it up. I also taught myself to circular breath playing didgeridoo, so I sometimes circular breathe to fill my bubbler up extra thick with vapor before taking it all in.

jambandphan03,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Also, have you charged it? I find the performance is significantly better when you have a fully charged battery. If your not getting great clouds in the inhalater when other vapes are still doing well your unit may very well be running cool.

CentiZen,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
xvdbio I also have never had that happen even if I do pull a little fast I will still get vapor and I don't vape over 6.5 and barely ever there. I have also used moist herb with no issue cept the first draw or two. Your unit might be broke or like centizen said running very very cold.

Dreamerr,

xvdbio

Alas, I tried using JDSupreme's mflb technique as suggested by pakalolo to no avail.

Also, have you charged it? I find the performance is significantly better when you have a fully charged battery. If your not getting great clouds in the inhalater when other vapes are still doing well your unit may very well be running cool.

I've kept the batteries topped off since I got it, and more often than not have used it while plugged in. I suspect you're right about it running cold, CentiZen. For the heck of it I let it heat up to max, took out the capsule and immediately tried measuring the temp inside the chamber using an IR thermometer. The highest reading I was able to record was 320 F. I then used the same thermometer on the tip of the heating element on my Vapro and recorded temps in excess of 420 F.

The comparison isn't all that helpful since the Vapro is a pure convection vape and I would expect the heating element to run somewhat hotter (plus the small size of the chamber may be hindering my ability to get an accurate reading) but this along with the other symptoms are starting to convince me that my unit may have a defective thermostat.

I think it's already been posted somewhere here, but can someone tell me their unit's exact heat-up time (to max) on a full charge? I'm curious to see if my light is turning solid faster than a "normal" unit.

Thanks again.

xvdbio,

Dreamerr

It was under a minute for me. I think to max was about 55 seconds. It goes to over a min after the first charge if to max.

I would return the unit as it seems to be broken.

Dreamerr,

xvdbio

It was under a minute for me. I think to max was about 55 seconds. It goes to over a min after the first charge if to max.

i had the unit unplugged for a bit while i took the temperature and haven't plugged it back in yet. nevertheless, from a cold start it reached max in 45 seconds.

I would return the unit as it seems to be broken.

looking that way.

grrrr. i'll be emailing the manufacturer tomorrow - hopefully i didn't waste $250. on the other hand, if it's defective at least there's a chance the little fella can still impress me. :) (i was glad to read a few pages back that removing the stickers wouldn't void the warranty)

xvdbio,

Adobewan

grrrr. i'll be emailing the manufacturer tomorrow - hopefully i didn't waste $250. on the other hand, if it's defective at least there's a chance the little fella can still impress me. :) (i was glad to read a few pages back that removing the stickers wouldn't void the warranty)

Really sounds defective Xvdbio, there are a number of respected, discerning vaporists supporting this unit, in spite of some power knob issues. Likely you were unfortunate enough to get an odd bad one.

With that said, I've requested/replied to Inhalator earlier in this thread to speak to that very power knob issue and my butt's getting a bit sore from the top of this fence.
Once they've cleared that up, my greenios are their's, seriously, I've even ordered the carbon-fiber material for it.

Adobewan,

Dreamerr

Yea sucks to get a bad one. That heat up time from cold is correct since they are all slightly different. I may have said to high I did it a long time ago. That still doesn't mean it is heating to temp. You did say it only said 320.

I vaped earlier on 4 and got huge vape and I truly just lie here drinking and watching tv. I don't do anything special. I actually try to take smaller hits so I don't waste or cough.

Dreamerr,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
tonight I am re-vaping low temp ABV from my cloud/solo in the INH on 8 w/bubble action. I am quite impressed with how much thick vapor I am getting, this is a great way to help me conserve my good stuff while inbetween.

jambandphan03,
Reactions: deadc0ffee

Dreamerr

Have any of you found strains that just stick up the INH way more then others? I have a strain that I actually have to clean the INH every two or three caps and we all know I don't like to do that ;)

Edit: And BTW it is my fav to use in it so that makes it worse.

Dreamerr,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I believe that the Inhalater renders the darkest ABV, as well as the most uniform ABV, I have ever seen, while still pulling visible vapor from the meds.... and yet never goes over the line, to too dark.
Efficiency can be looked at many ways.
I can use my Solo, and use much less herb than the inhalater, and get it toasted well. That is efficient because it is a smaller amount.
A Zap (CRZ) is efficient because the stem can use .002 of a gram, efficiently.
This Inhalater that I was so skeptical about...
Can use more herb than some of these others, but even if you fill it to the max....
without a stir, jiggle or shake, you get the most efficiently vaped load I have seen.
I love all of my vapes... and will keep using other portables as occasion dictates..
But I truly think that this unit is uniquely good at efficient extraction, with no waste of vapor. @Dreamerr :whip:clean that durned capsule... we loves sticky bud!

xvdbio

I believe that the Inhalater renders the darkest ABV, as well as the most uniform ABV, I have ever seen, while still pulling visible vapor from the meds.... !

Even my possibly defective Inhalater - which doesn't pull much visible vapor - leaves some great looking ABV.

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
I believe that the Inhalater renders the darkest ABV, as well as the most uniform ABV, I have ever seen, while still pulling visible vapor from the meds.... and yet never goes over the line, to too dark.
Efficiency can be looked at many ways.
I can use my Solo, and use much less herb than the inhalater, and get it toasted well. That is efficient because it is a smaller amount.
A Zap (CRZ) is efficient because the stem can use .002 of a gram, efficiently.
This Inhalater that I was so skeptical about...
Can use more herb than some of these others, but even if you fill it to the max....
without a stir, jiggle or shake, you get the most efficiently vaped load I have seen.
I love all of my vapes... and will keep using other portables as occasion dictates..
But I truly think that this unit is uniquely good at efficient extraction, with no waste of vapor. @Dreamerr :whip:clean that durned capsule... we loves sticky bud!

Agreed, Vito. been saying that since I got mine.... It cooks more uniformly and darker than any vape I have every seen.

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
This morning I forgot my grinder on my way out of the house so I got a chance to give this guy a try with a much coarser grade in the capsule. It did a very good job, perhaps slightly smaller clouds than usual but I got everything out of it in the end. Not as good as the herbalaire at coarse grinds but still very good.

CentiZen,
Reactions: Vitolo

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I am growing increasingly more impressed with the INHs performance. I know I mentioned this already, but I have been going to the INH as my main vape these past few days, esp. now that I know I can re-vape my light ABV. I went through this with the Pax too, just fixated on how easy it is to use, and how well it is extracting my meds. The higher settings really give me the darkest ABV I have seen yet, that isn't combusted. I have had to inspect it under a light a couple of times to be sure, it's been so dark, but it's always dark brown, no black or evidence of charring. I still have not used it much as a pocket vape yet. Next time I am heading out somewhere, I'll be sure to use it exclusively to see how it performs, instead of grabbing the Pax.

Adobewan

Next time I am heading out somewhere, I'll be sure to use it exclusively to see how it performs, instead of grabbing the Pax.
Would love to hear your head to head comparison with the Pax and your thoughts on the power knob issue now that you've put this through its' paces.
Vito, your's as well o' sagely one.

...finger...trembling..on..trigger...

Adobewan,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I love my Inhalater... very much indeed.
I had issues with my Pax and sent it for replacement, but have a loaner.
I am giving the Pax time... but I will not B.S. you around... you are too good of a friend for that.
Between those two I would go Inhalater hands down, without any doubt.
(My opinion... my choice)
I am saving my notes and review of the Pax for a later point in time.

ats314

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knew of any U.S. retailers that offer a discount on the inhalater? I remember reading some people were using coupon codes successfully.

ats314,

ats314

theothersidevape.com planetvape.ca
yeah, i found the coupon code another member PM'd too. Thanks! I'm tempted to go with planetvape anyway because of the free water attachment. Should I expect any problems with shipping to the US?

ats314,

Dreamerr

I am biased but Taylor from other side of vapes is great to deal with and shipping comes into play with planetvape. I do hear they are a great company though. Also how much is the attachment? It might be the same as the shipping charge.

Dreamerr,
Top Bottom