Discontinued The Inhalater INH004 Phytotherapeutic Rechargeable Portable Vaporizer

druminfected

Well folks, I have my INH all charged up and looking good, my cartridges pre-loaded, and I'm gathering the last of my portables for taking out camping this weekend. Hope you all have a good weekend too!

Curious what will end up being the main vape for the camping trip, and if multiple people will be using them or just yourself and how the vapes stand up to being passed around the campfire:)

druminfected,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Curious what will end up being the main vape for the camping trip, and if multiple people will be using them or just yourself and how the vapes stand up to being passed around the campfire:)

Actually ended up using the INH as my bubbler vape in my tent. I didn't really want to carry it around in my pocket with the switch knob so easy to turn on, and ended up using the Pax as my pocket vape this time. I really enjoyed the times I was using the INH/bubbler combo, and was exploring low temp vaping (to conserve) and found the INH puts out some pretty thick and tasty vapor on lower settings. I had started using it on 8 right off the bat, so it was nice to see the difference. I would crank it up to higher temps as I was getting through the load. I am very impressed with the INH, and loved having the pre-loaded carts to pop in. This is a great portable vaporizer!

jambandphan03,
Reactions: Vitolo

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Jam if you don't turn it off after you finish a capsule you won't have the dial issue since it can't turn on if it is on. When you are ready to use it just turn it off and on again. As far as I can tell if the light is out there is no battery waste.

I am glad you had a good time with your vapes and water.

Dreamerr,
Jam if you don't turn it off after you finish a capsule you won't have the dial issue since it can't turn on if it is on. When you are ready to use it just turn it off and on again. As far as I can tell if the light is out there is no battery waste.

I am glad you had a good time with your vapes and water.
Not all of us bang through the whole capsule in one go. So that would only work if you finish the first capsule completely. I can get high like 3 times on one capsule.

VapeNStone,

Dreamerr

Not all of us bang through the whole capsule in one go. So that would only work if you finish the first capsule completely. I can get high like 3 times on one capsule.

Please oh please tell me how? I can't stop once I start and if you go through the cycle the ABV is dark and not so tasty next heat up. If I do want less I have half filled a capsule but I can't say I have done that often. Do you do more then one full cycle on a capsule?

Dreamerr,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Some people just have really low tolerances and in that case I could see a capsule lasting for three small sessions. But I go through one in a go pretty much every time and I'm disappointed if I have to stop before I'm done.

CentiZen,
I just turn it on and bang a few hits to get me where I need to be. Then I turn it off and pull a few more times to cool it. I still get good tasty hits the second time around. Maybe 3 is a bit of a exaggeration but I have done 3 rounds on one capsule before. I just think my tolerance isn't as high as yours. Although I don't know how yours can be that much higher. I have been vaping exclusively for 6 years or so now and combusted before that. I started at about 14. So I consume multiple times a day for the past 10 years at least. I just don't understand how my tolerance isn't that high. Maybe my body takes it in differently. I have even dabbed quite a bunch in the past.

VapeNStone,

Dreamerr

I don't know I have been abstinent for over 20 years till I got hurt and hated all the drugs they gave me. I then started smoking to relive symptoms and then found vaping which I like much better. I don't have smelly clothes, no red eyes and no high which for me is great. I get my symptoms relieved for the large part although something is missing that I got from smoking but it is gross to me now as I did try last night to prove it to myself but it does give me something I am missing that I may have to supplement with pills which sucks. It has only been a month since I have been vaping only so we will see.

I do know I am at the vape a lot more then I was on the pipe. I am not sure why but for all the ex-combusters of you know enlighten me. It might have something to do with the fast relief that combustion gives you and when you are spasming that helps a lot.

I am about to go out and I will vape at least one cap before I leave if not two, one on the way and one on the way back to keep me settled. So that will be three caps in about 2 1/2 hours.

Dreamerr,

Vitolo

Vaporist
On occasionI also turn unit on.. and vape till interrupted or "better", and switch off.
When I do that I get a couple of sessions.
Generally I finish the capsule, however.

Vitolo,

Dreamerr

I do as well on occasion and that is only because I am out and get interrupted or I am late but I still usually already have plenty of meds in me. Even if I only took a few hits the second heat up is still not as good and I still vape it till the light goes off so the end is really serious ABV oh well lol.:lol:

Dreamerr,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I have been getting at least 2 uses from a load, I have been starting on 3 to keep the heat lower, and vaping what I believe to be about 1/2 the load, and if I find it's working a few hits in, I stop and turn it off, pulling the last hit after I turn it off to cool it faster and get the last bit of vapor that's left over. Then I'll go back to it, and put it higher anywhere from 5-8 to finish off the load. I like the step up process I learned from the Pax. low heat to start, med once that gets unproductive on low, and high to finish.

I actually went through much less of my meds over the weekend than anticipated.

jambandphan03,

Dreamerr

I never go to 8. The highest I normally go and of course that is without water is 6.5 but not usually. I am usually in the 5 range to finish up. I am still playing with the longer hose and can turn up the heat a bit more which I do like. I am very happy from 3.5 to 6.

Dreamerr,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
oops, I should have mentioned I was using it w/a small bubbler at the higher settings. I can only take the temp being around 3 for dry vaping.

Thanks for the tip about letting it time out so it will stay off, to carry in my pocket. I am still getting used to the shorter vapor path of this one, using it dry. The dry heat can really get to me quick. I used the Solo for a weekend festival this summer, dry, and came home with a soar throat from all the hot/dry air. Any time I can, I use water.

jambandphan03,

Dreamerr

Jam at this point I think I knew that since you are the bubble queen.:rofl: 3 huh wow that is lower then me. I have a sensitive throat but 3 is a bit to low hence the 3.5 but I have found that I am more steady at 4.5 or so now. When I first got the vape I had to get used to it. My only experience was with the MFLB first then the DV which doesn't have that back of throat thing as much. I do use the DV on 375 and drop down to 365 towards the end when it gets to harsh. I did put the longer hose on I think it was yesterday and was able to leave it at 375.

I have also noticed with the vapir sanitary tip air gets sucked in no matter how much I shove the hose in but there seems to be no vape leakage. It cools the vape completely and then I can use any temp. I am still playing with it and am not sure if the extra air coming in is bad for me. I may lose to much O2 and pass out. :lol:

Dreamerr,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
So here is a little something I just discovered. I had a spare bike tire tube cap laying here on my desk, and decided to see if it would fit as a cap in the INH cart. Sure enough, it fits really well. It's tapered so you can insert it most of the way. I test fit it to my various carts, and it fit in all of them. Might be a pain if you get it down into an empty one, as long as there is something loaded in there to keep it from going all the way into the cart it seems like a reasonable thing to use and easy to find.

H9znd.jpg

aJRn7.jpg

MrNorml

I have been getting at least 2 uses from a load, I have been starting on 3 to keep the heat lower, and vaping what I believe to be about 1/2 the load, and if I find it's working a few hits in, I stop and turn it off, pulling the last hit after I turn it off to cool it faster and get the last bit of vapor that's left over. Then I'll go back to it, and put it higher anywhere from 5-8 to finish off the load. I like the step up process I learned from the Pax. low heat to start, med once that gets unproductive on low, and high to finish.

I actually went through much less of my meds over the weekend than anticipated.

While I do the same thing (start at low temp, work up to higher) I really don't understand the how or why of this - presumably the load has xxx "goodies" inside; lower temps get some goodies out, higher temps get more goodies out. I believe that a session at higher temps does exacltly what lower then higher temps, but just does it faster. Anyone?? I mean, you can only get xxx out of a load; lower temps mean xx, no? Not to say lower temps/head high isn't great and all that, but if you are going from lower to higher, beyond making the session last longer (which is A-OK with me too) what's the point? (And remember - I do exactly the same thing because it feels intuitive I guess... )

MrNorml,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
For me, I think it's more about enjoying the flavor of the lower temp vaping and then cranking it up when the good taste is gone. It just seems to last longer on lower temps. The higher temp is just to complete the extraction.

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
OK received one of those and the cap that you are supposed to take off to load the chamber is rotating like crazy but not coming out...WTF?

EDIT: OK forced it and it opened!

FLskwat,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
While I do the same thing (start at low temp, work up to higher) I really don't understand the how or why of this - presumably the load has xxx "goodies" inside; lower temps get some goodies out, higher temps get more goodies out. I believe that a session at higher temps does exacltly what lower then higher temps, but just does it faster. Anyone?? I mean, you can only get xxx out of a load; lower temps mean xx, no? Not to say lower temps/head high isn't great and all that, but if you are going from lower to higher, beyond making the session last longer (which is A-OK with me too) what's the point? (And remember - I do exactly the same thing because it feels intuitive I guess... )

Vapourizing by stepping up through the temperatures doesn't give you any extra vapour, but it does separate the components somewhat instead of delivering them all at once. As jam says, low temperatures also have more flavour since the terpenoids responsible for flavour vapourize first, and aren't overwhelmed by components that do not vapourize until you reach higher temperatures.

pakalolo,

xvdbio

This site is awesome. I've been vaping exclusively for about 8 years now didn't even know this forum existed until about a month ago. I have used several different vaporizers in the past and after reading this thread in its entirety I took the plunge and purchased the inhalator about 2 weeks ago from a local head shop (one of the newer units with the flat-topped caps). Unlike others in this forum I can't seem to get much visible vapor unless I have it cranked up to max. I get nothing but a very slight flavor at 4-5. I really want to like my Inh400 and after seeing the clouds produced in the videos that some of you posted I'm wondering whether I may have a unit that runs slightly cooler than others or if there's something I'm not doing correctly.

I should start with the proviso that I'm positive it's not the quality of the material itself (high quality stuff- no problem getting big clouds from other vapes). When I am able to produce little wispy clouds at 8-9 it's generally after taking a few very short draws. The longer the draw, the less vapor I seem to get which makes using it with water kind of a pain. When I crank it all the way up to max I only get about 2 or 3 decent hits. When I'm done using it at the highest setting the ABV looks good (uniformly dark brown). How much variability is there from one inhalater to another?

I feel like I must be doing something wrong. I'm using a cheap but fairly effective grinder. I feel my vegetable material is pretty dry, but it may be that I've gotten used to other vapes and my stuff isn't dry enough. Just how dry does it have to be? I keep second-guessing myself and wondering whether it's just that my expectations were too high? I'm eager to hear suggestions from some of you pros out there! Thanks!

xvdbio,

rayski

Vapourizing by stepping up through the temperatures doesn't give you any extra vapour, but it does separate the components somewhat instead of delivering them all at once. As jam says, low temperatures also have more flavour since the terpenoids responsible for flavour vapourize first, and aren't overwhelmed by components that do not vapourize until you reach higher temperatures.
Some of these substances' flash points are close to their boiling point. I think, at higher temperatures some terpenes and whatever are igniting, and this might be why we miss their flavor at higher temperatures. We might also be inhaling some combustion by-products.

rayski,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
This site is awesome. I've been vaping exclusively for about 8 years now didn't even know this forum existed until about a month ago. I have used several different vaporizers in the past and after reading this thread in its entirety I took the plunge and purchased the inhalator about 2 weeks ago from a local head shop (one of the newer units with the flat-topped caps). Unlike others in this forum I can't seem to get much visible vapor unless I have it cranked up to max. I get nothing but a very slight flavor at 4-5. I really want to like my Inh400 and after seeing the clouds produced in the videos that some of you posted I'm wondering whether I may have a unit that runs slightly cooler than others or if there's something I'm not doing correctly.

I should start with the proviso that I'm positive it's not the quality of the material itself (high quality stuff- no problem getting big clouds from other vapes). When I am able to produce little wispy clouds at 8-9 it's generally after taking a few very short draws. The longer the draw, the less vapor I seem to get which makes using it with water kind of a pain. When I crank it all the way up to max I only get about 2 or 3 decent hits. When I'm done using it at the highest setting the ABV looks good (uniformly dark brown). How much variability is there from one inhalater to another?

I feel like I must be doing something wrong. I'm using a cheap but fairly effective grinder. I feel my vegetable material is pretty dry, but it may be that I've gotten used to other vapes and my stuff isn't dry enough. Just how dry does it have to be? I keep second-guessing myself and wondering whether it's just that my expectations were too high? I'm eager to hear suggestions from some of you pros out there! Thanks!

From your description my diagnosis is that you're drawing too hard on it. Although this is about the Launch Box, most of the points JDSupreme makes in the video Keys to Perfect Vaporization also apply to the Inhalater. Try the method of hitting he describes and see if that helps.

Some of these substances' flash points are close to their boiling point. I think, at higher temperatures some terpenes and whatever are igniting, and this might be why we miss their flavor at higher temperatures. We might also be inhaling some combustion by-products.

No, definitely not. There is no ignition or combustion happening. Combustion releases by-products that are easily detected and are conspicuously absent in vapour.

pakalolo,

xvdbio

From your description my diagnosis is that you're drawing too hard on it. Although this is about the Launch Box, most of the points JDSupreme makes in the video Keys to Perfect Vaporization also apply to the Inhalater. Try the method of hitting he describes and see if that helps.

Definitely haven't used that method (I've been making an airtight seal with the mouthpiece). I'll give it a shot and let you know how it goes. Thanks!

xvdbio,
Top Bottom