Discontinued The Inhalater INH004 Phytotherapeutic Rechargeable Portable Vaporizer

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
The battery would last well enough to last you two days at that rate... though it wouldn't run as well on the second day.

And the herb may fall down, but there is a screen in the chamber so I don't think it's that big of an issue since the force of air will suck it back up.

CentiZen,
I really am going to have to buy this thing, Charge it all night and vape the day away and if it can handle not fully loaded up capsules, Me and the Inhalater are going to become very good friends :nod:

TheOtherSideVapes

Vaporizer Enthusiast & Retailer
Retailer
Wow, this thread has grown quite a bit since the last time I've been on here!

Wait, so if the bottom of the unit looks like that, then how are we supposed to change the batteries by prying the dial off? That makes no sense. Has anyone been able to get their unit open?

I actually just opened mine the other day, and I personally don't recommend others go about trying it... I wanted to see what the procedure was like, so I'd have a better idea for customer replacements in the future. I've had experience building computers and repairing laptops for about a decade, and I've also managed to build a vacuum Tube powered pre-amplifier from scratch when I was a bit younger. As far as I'm concerned, if I cannot easily replace the battery, then it is not user-servicable.

To get to the guts of the unit, you actually need to pop that black plastic piece off. Inhalater shows a picture of them trying to pry that off with a knife, and they have a very short description of the procedure, which led me to believe it was pretty straightforward. Well that black piece takes a bit of force to pry off, and when it pops off, the force of pulling it off will pull out the guts of the unit. Unless you are experienced in the procedure, you definitely risk damaging the internal wiring or circuitry.

I made a call to my supplier about this, and tried to see if there was anything we could do. I told them Inhalater needs to remove the information about how to change the battery from their website, because it is too difficult and risky for owners to perform the battery change themselves. In addition we are going to work on setting up an authorized repair facility in the United States to perform battery replacements for customers, so that we can keep the costs and turnaround time on this at an absolute minimum. The option for customers to replace their own batteries might remain in the future, but there should definitely be some sort of disclaimer about the risk of damage, along with better instructions of the procedure.

Sincerely,
Taylor

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Is this a short lived battery that will need to be replaced after a year. I know I have a cell phone and never changed a battery. I have the DV for about 5 months and am hoping with care won't have to worry about it for years.

Dreamerr,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
only time will tell, however I do think that vaporizer batteries in general are going to lose their charge quicker than a battery that would be used in a phone, because he will shorten the life of the battery and well... They're pretty close to the hot thing.

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
I wish they did a screw cap instead of the top cap click. Hard to open it some times, like this morning after eating a lot of greasy bacon :shrug: Also note the first version had the entire silver round top cap no sticker. The newest model (can't find any serial numbers) has the flat top but it is the same black composite resin as the body of the device, so with everything removed.. looks very sleek. I do have the carbon wrap and bought a spare aluminum wrap in case I get bored, and feel like doing some exacto'ing.. Also so are these knobs kinda like guitar knobs? That would be a boss switch with an inlayed or wooden dial.

IMG_3620.JPG

just imagine the possibilities.

Kaptan

I wish they did a screw cap instead of the top cap click. Hard to open it some times, like this morning after eating a lot of greasy bacon :shrug: Also note the first version had the entire silver round top cap no sticker. The newest model (can't find any serial numbers) has the flat top but it is the same black composite resin as the body of the device, so with everything removed.. looks very sleek. I do have the carbon wrap and bought a spare aluminum wrap in case I get bored, and feel like doing some exacto'ing.. Also so are these knobs kinda like guitar knobs? That would be a boss switch with an inlayed or wooden dial.

IMG_3620.JPG

Do you have a pic of the newest model?

Kaptan,

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
Do you have a pic of the newest model?

Nothing much different besides bottom and top's. Mine is all black except for the bottom dial sticker. Not much to look at lol.

I did a cool ghetto mod that makes me feel better at least, and so far will not budge off from it's sweet spot. I used a black ziptie around the dial and pulled it as taunt as possible, clipped off the sharp end and filed it down smooth. Lives right at the space between the dial and body. Provides a great tight dial turn, very very tight which I love. I keep the business end of the ziptie (the square) right in front of the light and follows the zero around.

kushcabbage,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker

IMG_3620.JPG

KC, I usually take my lid off by pushing from the side with my thumb. It clicks right off. I wonder if I could order a black top for mine

CentiZen,
Can some post a video of them filling and their vape session im curious as to how well it works and how easy to filll and use

TJM Vaping,

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
Can some post a video of them filling and their vape session im curious as to how well it works and how easy to filll and use
This session is for you mate.

Excuse the crappy filming just a quick ses. Should have used a better light source, these vapors are so thick and wonderful in person. So I started at 3-4 and moved onto 6 then at last maxed it off. I could have kept going but it was finished for me. If I set it at 4 while I had the thing loaded (like it would be in a portable situation) the vapor comes on imediatly. I like to put it in after it's heated and draw it until I see vapor. Notice this way, the light will flash to keep up until it's heated again. I use this time to taste and prime. iPad camera, sorry you couldn't see the ABV very well. Came out very consistent and brown. I usually always stay around 3-4 now getting nice taste and vapor right there. Also I'm so sorry the screen timeout went on and the wallpaper went away. Sad stuff.. at least you could see the vapor better :rolleyes:

Now you can see why this guy needs a new bubbler, I want something nice sized to milk..
cheers enjoy the footage, excuse my pussy coughs. :tinfoil:

Oh yea, like to thank Taylor for getting me set up with the inhalater! And CentiZen's thoughts and impressions that made me want to jump on this.

KC thank you alot and you basically just sold me on the product and also thanks to CentiZen for the info and his imperrsion of it. Also KC loving your vape spot got the window, the booty wallpaper and the nice little mat to do your thing, Kudos to you:tup:

Edit: Didnt hear the background music in the video so even cooler :spidey:

Dreamerr

Why use a portable vape with a bong? I am seriously new to vaping and don't bong cause of the smelly water. I have noticed most of you use bongs to vape. I assume it is to cool the vape off more but if using a bong why not use a desktop since you are now not portable anymore. Can someone please enlighten me? Can't you also use a longer tube to cool off as you did Kushcabbage?

BTW that is a cute little bong. I am soooooooooooo old school I have an old plastic type one from the 1800's lol. I haven't used it since I started smoking again after my injury. I didn't smoke for more then 20 years.

Dreamerr,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
Why use a portable vape with a bong? I am seriously new to vaping and don't bong cause of the smelly water. I have noticed most of you use bongs to vape. I assume it is to cool the vape off more but if using a bong why not use a desktop since you are now not portable anymore. Can someone please enlighten me? Can't you also use a longer tube to cool off as you did Kushcabbage?

BTW that is a cute little bong. I am soooooooooooo old school I have an old plastic type one from the 1800's lol. I haven't used it since I started smoking again after my injury. I didn't smoke for more then 20 years.

just because you can..... some people might not own a pile of vapes like most of us....

I use my Solo with the water piece every day versus my EQ 4.0 because its makes great vapor and there are no wires.... more portable around different locations at home.

using a clean non combusted bong doesn't result in the same smelly bong water you are thinking of. Totally different animal.

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
because we all love the bubble bubble sound :) most people who vape I believe prefer bubblers to bongs because the vape can sit atop the water pipe. There is moisture conditioning and diffusion. In all my water pipes like that video up there I was using super hot water. I use my portables as a desktop because it's easier and I HATE whips and bags. But that's just me. Portable to me means I can turn it off halfway through a ses at my desk while working at my computer, cap it back, go out somewhere and use it again.
Portable > Desktop
Also note like rufrothy said, this water will be a lot different, almost minty smelling over smelly bong water. That little piece is a Van tran travel micro bub only piece I cant seem to break.. http://www.highpriorityglass.com/brands-u-z/van-tran-small-travel-bubbler-14mm/

kushcabbage,

Dreamerr

Ok so they changed the name from bong to bubbler hmmmmmmmmmm. I am sooo old. I want one now lol. I guess depending on what new vape I end up with I will need some kind of silicone extension. I have seen one used with the DV. Is there a universal one? Can you use the extension to vape for a longer air path? I don't think I ever felt this green in my life ugh.

Dreamerr,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
I do it because you can get alot more vapor into your lungs at higher temperatures when its going through a little water. The smelly water is not bad with vapor, it smells like jello before you add the flavoring. I also just really, really like hitting bongs

CentiZen,
Been trying to contact The Other Side Vapes to see if he does multicard purchases over the phone and haven't gotten an answer all day, Kinda makes me sad cause i really really want this thing :cry:, I have two Visa PrePaid cards that add up to the amount

TJM Vaping,

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
Been trying to contact The Other Side Vapes to see if he does multicard purchases over the phone and haven't gotten an answer all day, Kinda makes me sad cause i really really want this thing :cry:, I have two Visa PrePaid cards that add up to the amount
maybe he's having a day off lol I'll bet he'll get back to you before long

kushcabbage,

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
Ok so they changed the name from bong to bubbler hmmmmmmmmmm. I am sooo old. I want one now lol. I guess depending on what new vape I end up with I will need some kind of silicone extension. I have seen one used with the DV. Is there a universal one? Can you use the extension to vape for a longer air path? I don't think I ever felt this green in my life ugh.
the inhalater comes with a pack of hygienic 2 and half inch tubes for the mouthpieces to cool your smoke. adding a size larger tube to your bong opening joint will let you use it for a water pipe, but I like using this without water just as much cheers

edit: oops I double posted :doh:

kushcabbage,
I would like to say thank you to Taylor over at The Other Side Vapes for calling me back and helping me my E-Card Through and He will defiantly be receiving my Business multiple more times in the future

Dreamerr

the inhalater comes with a pack of hygienic 2 and half inch tubes for the mouthpieces to cool your smoke. adding a size larger tube to your bong opening joint will let you use it for a water pipe, but I like using this without water just as much cheers

edit: oops I double posted :doh:

Since I believe you had the T1 at one point which one would you get. I think the T1 has a positive of user replaceable batteries yet they don't last long. What is your thoughts?

Dreamerr,

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
Since I believe you had the T1 at one point which one would you get. I think the T1 has a positive of user replaceable batteries yet they don't last long. What is your thoughts?
I really liked the design of the t1, and american made was a plus. I'm currently in the process of a transaction with it in the classified sections, so I've obviously found my favorite vape, moved on from the thermovape. The fact it can be boiled and sterilized for travel or on a plane is a big plus which could be a deciding factor or not. It's really up to preference but I'd say it's a no brainer to go with the inh004. With the t1 you change the bowl of course, but realize your going to be changing the battery as well. Another thing to carry in a portable situation. Now with the inhalater inh004 your going to be able to charge like your cellphone, use it while it's charging, more outlet/s usb options out and about now a days. You can charge it with your phone overnight and it will be ready for a whatever you can throw at it for the whole day and a into the next depending on how many bowls yours going to go through. The pax will not charge while using, and people are reporting they have to really pack the bowl down hard. I like the way over the thermovape that I can just prepack some capsules and bring them with me, don't need just as many batteries as bowls. Only thing I'm looking to mod now is find a way to plug up the capsules in use and in storage to keep hold it all down better. Maybe a small teflon plug with a hole or something. Another nice thing is the low heat option,pack a capsule full and keep it on 2-4 and you will keep getting vapor after vapor until you think it's done yet there's so much more for next session. Lately one capsule has been lasting me multiple sessions for different occasions. Low heat ltastly light vapor in the morning, same bowl, later in the afternoon turn it up to 6 and get some thick vapor for some couch lock.

also try to get that many hit's I did up there ^ with one thermovape bowl and battery.

kushcabbage,
Top Bottom