Discontinued The Inhalater INH004 Phytotherapeutic Rechargeable Portable Vaporizer

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Wait, so if the bottom of the unit looks like that, then how are we supposed to change the batteries by prying the dial off? That makes no sense. Has anyone been able to get their unit open?

And I'm sorry to hear about that Tim, that sucks very bad.

CentiZen,

Tim

So I found a glue gun and implemented a quick ghetto fix. Just went through 2 bowls, 1 in the DV and 1 in the Inh. I'm very pleased with the Inh so far!

The first thing I notice is how much "cleaner" the vapor tastes from the Inh, but then again my DV isn't brand spanking new.

darkrom

Great Scott!
Any pictures or even diagrams/materials list for the air path at the very least? Interesting video!

darkrom,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
The unit's physical design is alot like Hippie Dickies bud toaster but works a little differently. We have a polyimide (glass in HD's case) chamber wrapped in a nicrome wire. The air enters through two holes at the top and is pulled around a spiral next to the wires, but seperated by polymide (which has exceptional heat transmission capabilities). Then the air is pulled down and then up into the heatport. There is a small ceramic piece in the bottom of the heatport, other than that, it seems that the airpath is only polyimide. The vapor path is pretty much 2 centimeters of polymide, what seems to be an ultem mouthpiece and your throat.

CentiZen,

mephisto

Thanks for all of your reviews, SM, and Centizen. I got my Inh today and it absolutely
kicks my Davinci square in the nuts...Everything that has been said about this vape is true.
It tops my 2 M102 solos, easier to use than a TV, better vapor production than any other
portable I have owned. There have been many....I actually canceled my Pax order after
firing this vape up. Set it to 6, got at least 12 good solid hits. Much easier draw than the
DV. Got vaped and ripped all the stickers off. If you are on the fence about this one,
just buy it. Thanks to Taylor @ the Other Side for great service w/ shipping....

Tim

Thanks for all of your reviews, SM, and Centizen. I got my Inh today and it absolutely
kicks my Davinci square in the nuts...Everything that has been said about this vape is true.
It tops my 2 M102 solos, easier to use than a TV, better vapor production than any other
portable I have owned. There have been many....I actually canceled my Pax order after
firing this vape up. Set it to 6, got at least 12 good solid hits. Much easier draw than the
DV. Got vaped and ripped all the stickers off. If you are on the fence about this one,
just buy it. Thanks to Taylor @ the Other Side for great service w/ shipping....

I've only been able to have 2 sessions with my Inh, but I'm loving it too.
Personally, I found the DV to have an easier draw path. But the resistance on the DV is extremely dependent on how clean the screens are. I feel that, after a few (7 or 8 maybe) bowls, the middle and upper screens must be cleaned or inhaling on the DV is super constricted. But at this point we're comparing a $140 DV to a $250ish Inhalater. I'm a bit bitter because I payed full price when the DV came out, but it served me well. "Served," past tense, because Im thinking about giving the DV to a friend.

I really enjoyed that pure vape taste. The convection feels lighter but cleaner.. Not sure if that makes sense.
Happy vaping!

Tim,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Gee if we can get 25% off on this vape we can get both the t1 and the inhalator woohoo. I to paid full price for my dv but still like it unless one of these others are better for me. I am looking for the ease of a two hitter without cooking what is left while waiting for me to get back and hit again

Edit for draw. I never had any issues with the DV draw unless that top screen is really really dirty. I am not a huge hitter cause I don't want to cough but I don't want it to be hard either. I am not sucking my brains out like I am smoking a joint. I actually leave the corner of my mouth open to cool as it comes in with no issues at all. Smooth easy hits.

Dreamerr,

Spiritwalker

mephisto says much easier draw than DV, and someone else mentioned that earlier i believe.

now i don't know who to believe! lol AFAIK, this is the only portable i'd consider at the moment.

Spiritwalker,

Tim

mephisto says much easier draw than DV, and someone else mentioned that earlier i believe.

now i don't know who to believe! lol AFAIK, this is the only portable i'd consider at the moment.

:lol: Well for what it's worth, I do "pack" my bowls a bit. I use a small pick to gently compact the bowl in the DV, and I use a pen cap to gently push the herb into the polymide container for the Inh. So that may factor in, also.

Also, IMO, a completely clean DV is very hard to beat, resistance wise. I think it may be because, when closed, the DV does not form a complete seal (You can see into it when closed, between the lid and the bowl area) and I believe air flows in through that.

A friend just took a draw from the Inh and the first words she said were, "This tastes different than the Davinci!" She explained that it tasted better than the DV. She's not a vaporization expert by any means, however.

So there's that :lol:

Tim,

Tim

When my device goes into auto-shutoff, I turn my dial to "off" and then back on, but the status light blinks a VERY soft green instead of the normal bright blinking. It will not start heating up for some time. Does anyone elses device exhibit this behavior?

Tim,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
When my device goes into auto-shutoff, I turn my dial to "off" and then back on, but the status light blinks a VERY soft green instead of the normal bright blinking. It will not start heating up for some time. Does anyone elses device exhibit this behavior?

I find every time I move up a level in the temp, I will turn it off and back on to reset the timer. That way I never go to long... I will sometimes not notice the auto/sleep notice. I find turning it off and on when I change the temp works best for me.

Slightly Medicated,

Tim

I find every time I move up a level in the temp, I will turn it off and back on to reset the timer. That way I never go to long... I will sometimes not notice the auto/sleep notice. I find turning it off and on when I change the temp works best for me.

I started doing that, and found out that it wasn't the auto-shutoff that was causing the problem..

Attempting to turn on my Inh right after turning it off results in a faint status light blinking, rapidly. The device will not heat up. I have to switch it on and off a few times to get a strong/bright light.

Defective? :shrug:

Tim,

Vapor Junkie

I started doing that, and found out that it wasn't the auto-shutoff that was causing the problem..

Attempting to turn on my Inh right after turning it off results in a faint status light blinking, rapidly. The device will not heat up. I have to switch it on and off a few times to get a strong/bright light.

Defective? :shrug:

I just checked mine and it doesn't do that at all.

Is your battery charged?

Vapor Junkie,

Tim

I just checked mine and it doesn't do that at all.

Is your battery charged?

Yes, I've vaped half a bowl since. It also exhibits this behavior while on the charger. I'll get a quick video.

Currently uploading.

Tim,

Vapor Junkie

Wow that does appear to be defective. Mine has not done anything like that. Maybe someone else will chime in.

Hope your luck improves.

Vapor Junkie,

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
Yes, I've vaped half a bowl since. It also exhibits this behavior while on the charger. I'll get a quick video.

Currently uploading.
very interesting, I advice contacting your retailer, who I'm quite positive would be more than happy to replace, and provide prepaid return shipping. This unit does appear to be defective, a lagging capacitor or what we'll see if Taylor will chime in. I'm sorry your new toy isn't preforming how beautifully it should. Electronics do go wrong sometimes, lets just hope for an isolated incident and a quick working replacement in your immediate future.

On another note, what's everyones favorite dial number?

kushcabbage,

Vapor Junkie

On another note, what's everyones favorite dial number?

I was using mine on 9 last night, feeding it into an old combustion style double bubbler. It performed great! I found it more enjoyable in this setup than my EQ which I use with the whip.

Vapor Junkie,

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
I was using mine on 9 last night, feeding it into an old combustion style double bubbler. It performed great! I found it more enjoyable in this setup than my EQ which I use with the whip.
excellent! sounds like fat clouds. I'm more of a 6-7 kinda of guy :tinfoil:

kushcabbage,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Kaptan has, but I don't find it satisfying enough

Lately, I've just been filling the capsules about half or slightly more and cap it with a fine mesh barely domed screen. This will prevent herb getting into the inhalater heat chamber.
I use the stir tool that came with the Extreme Q to push the screen over the herb, even the end of a bic pen would work well. The clouds are comparable to when it's packed full, it just doesn't go as long as fully packed.
IMO, half capsules work best when solo, full cap for 2 or more.
a2b46a7e.jpg

CentiZen,
But im curious as to if the herb stays in there when half filled with out the screen he put over it. Also CentiZen would you say the battery would last you all day if you used it say 6 times throughout the day and let it fully charge at night? The 6 minutes of charging : 1 minute of use , seems like it would put a damper on my day if i had to charge it during the day. But I canceled my DaVinci order due to talk of OffGassing so i plan on getting this or the Pax. But with the 15% discount on Taylor's Website has me leaning more towards this.

TJM Vaping,

Vapor Junkie

But im curious as to if the herb stays in there when half filled with out the screen he put over it. Also CentiZen would you say the battery would last you all day if you used it say 6 times throughout the day and let it fully charge at night? The 6 minutes of charging : 1 minute of use , seems like it would put a damper on my day if i had to charge it during the day. But I canceled my DaVinci order due to talk of OffGassing so i plan on getting this or the Pax. But with the 15% discount on Taylor's Website has me leaning more towards this.

I've only had mine for a day and used it in a few times, but in that time I found that my herb does NOT stay put in the capsule unless it is either tightly packed(which makes it hard to draw) or I put a little screen over the end.

So I took a big screen for my EQ's cyclone bowl and cut it down to the inner diameter of a capsule, and I cap my capsule load with it. This seems to work great and doesn't add much difficulty since the Inhalater doesn't require stirring during use.

Vapor Junkie,
Top Bottom