The Herbalizer

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Will someone please explain the practical details of using the fan assist and the whip without spewing vapor all over the room? Let's assume only one person is using it.
You can turn the fan on and off with the touch of a button. If you don't turn off the fan between hits, you will spew vapor all over the room, yes.

As you could see by my video, there is a lot of wasted vapor in fan mode if you're not hitting it. That's one of the reasons that I am not a fan of the fan mode. It should only be used IMO for those that lack the lung power to pull a decent hit. Otherwise your stash goes up in vapor.

:peace:

jds32

You can turn the fan on and off with the touch of a button. If you don't turn off the fan between hits, you will spew vapor all over the room

Hey Stu - nice to hear your voice in the video. What happens if you put your finger over the end of the whip while the assist fan is running? Is it safe to presume that just doesn't work and if using the assist alone, you'll have to:
1. start inhaling,
2. turn on the assist,
3. inhale until almost done,
4. turn off the assist and then
5. stop inhaling.
Sounds like it would be nice if there were a fan switch on the end of the whip?

What about what vitolo was saying about emptying an entire load in one hit? Does that solve the problem?

Maybe I'll like using a bag?

jds32,
Reactions: Stu

marduk

daydreamer
Depending on the kind of switch they're using, that problem could be fixed by a software change to make an option for the switch to function as a momentary switch. That way you'd have to hold it down for the fan assist, and as soon as you release it, the fan would stop. I know you can achieve the same thing in a different way now, but not having to remember to press the button to turn off the fan would be easier in some situations.

SD_haze

Hey Stu - nice to hear your voice in the video. What happens if you put your finger over the end of the whip while the assist fan is running? Is it safe to presume that just doesn't work and if using the assist alone, you'll have to:
1. start inhaling,
2. turn on the assist,
3. inhale until almost done,
4. turn off the assist and then
5. stop inhaling.
Sounds like it would be nice if there were a fan switch on the end of the whip?

What about what vitolo was saying about emptying an entire load in one hit? Does that solve the problem?

Maybe I'll like using a bag?
That is exactly how I liked using the fan with the whip. I'd click the fan on and start lightly inhaling at the same time. Only felt like three steps, not five.

I think the button control works great and wouldn't need a switch on the whip. Physical design stuff like that is likely pretty set in stone for this first version.

Even compared to the VapeXhale, I loved the Herbalizer bags. I'd likely use them more than the whip even as a big fan of direct draw

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Will someone please explain the practical details of using the fan assist and the whip without spewing vapor all over the room? Let's assume only one person is using it.
I feel like the fan helps the most when you're milking glass, you don't have to pull nearly as hard to get your glass to perc (if the fan isn't doing it already) and you don't get as fatigued milking a bigger tube. That plus using the whip and fan lets you take monster hits with just the effort of breathing. I left it on in the video to show vapor density coming out of it. If it's just me, the technique would be either hit it without the fan or turn it on/off for the whip hits, but I wouldn't leave it on in between hits.

grokit

well-worn member
We need an on-demand breath-activated in-line pressure-sensitive switch for the fan in this thing!

Perhaps in version 2.0 :haw:

Last edited:

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I gotta catch up on this thread, so im not exactly sure about the herbalizer...

But coming from the vivape, which has a fan that can not be turned off. I can honsetly say its awesome With the vivape its really easy to remove the wand in between hits so no wasted vapor, not sure how easy it is with the herbalizer but if you can turn the fan off easily it shouldnt be an issue with wasting vapor.

I dont know what it is about the fan and whip that i like so much, but before i had the vivape i had an ssv and i dont think i would go back to not having the fan as an option. With a fan, You get huge rips, very easily and with little to no effort. Also the vapor seems to be much smoother. Its all about your preferences though.

Man do i wish i lived on the other side. Wish i could have attended that session looks like it was a blast

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
I would think the fan assist, aside from bag filling, is for their advertized aromatherapy... no ?

smokum,

thesoloman

All I kept seeing in that video was the pizza box **fat guy reporting in for duty Sir!*
I can attest to how amazing that pizza was, i had the vegie version an i haven't had that good of flavor before... that goes for the herbie too, it had awesome flavor! I keep finding myself wishing i had a herby bag in my hannd again. It was such a cool thing to squeeze and draw supper smooth vapor. I'm sitting here drawing on the solo wishing to be hitting bag after bag, the restricted draw is starting to get to me now. (and the HOT as fuck metal on Ed's stems, keep burning myself haha) I guess it's time i started saving for a Herbalizer...

ludwig

You can turn the fan on and off with the touch of a button. If you don't turn off the fan between hits, you will spew vapor all over the room, yes.

As you could see by my video, there is a lot of wasted vapor in fan mode if you're not hitting it. That's one of the reasons that I am not a fan of the fan mode. It should only be used IMO for those that lack the lung power to pull a decent hit. Otherwise your stash goes up in vapor.

:peace:

Just a touch of button? That's nice! I could imagine loading a bowl, hitting the fan assist and wait til it starts streaming out of the whip, turn it off and start drawing- that way it would be up to temperature and stay there faster than waiting for the bowl to heat up like on other whip style vaporizers. Would that have any difference?

This vaporizer is starting to grow on me... Maybe a LONG T-break for me until I can afford one? :D

Quetzalcoatl

Yeah, I'm ripping to bong right now wishing I had an Herbalizer to hook up instead. Or just attach a huuuge bag on it and let her go.

Anyways on the topic, it's gonna come with 4 bags and sets of 8 are available, but I don't think changing bags would be hard and the material used for the valve seems durable so I think replacements are for if they get lost or if you just want more bags to get everyone one (the Herbalizer can do bag after bag like it's just turning on, so easy and tasty).

Slowly but steadily chipping away at the price, fingers crossed I can get one before the end of the year at the rate of doctor/hospital visits I've been averaging haha. I only had an afternoon/evening with one so I can't imagine what you week-long testers are feeling now :rant:

Just a touch of button? That's nice! I could imagine loading a bowl, hitting the fan assist and wait til it starts streaming out of the whip, turn it off and start drawing- that way it would be up to temperature and stay there faster than waiting for the bowl to heat up like on other whip style vaporizers. Would that have any difference?
We did that as well for the whip, and I think turning the fan on and inhaling from the beginning is the best experience. You don't miss any of the terpenes that vaporize as the flower comes up to temperature, and as soon as you see the cloud density start to get thicker you can turn it off and do regular whip hits. You can let the vapors blow out until you're satisfied with the density, it does the same thing.

Last edited:

darkadious

I probably would wait until it starts to trickle down into eBay or buy it secondhand to pay under the sticker price on it.

i feel like something like this will not drop in price much at all, even second hand. most people count taxes towards their "total loss", so you'll probably be seeing units priced very near sticker. but those are my suspicions.

jds32

How long was it taking to cache the various samples you folks tried?

jds32,

Quetzalcoatl

I think the limiting factor is the end-user. I wasn't feeling greedy at the test drive so I didn't kill a whole load by myself, but I think if you're after speed it can be done in a minute or two tops? Remember, this thing actually heats up really fast. You might sacrifice 30 seconds from cold start to loaded bowl and attached whip? After that it's vapor as long as you want. Turn the fan on and take huge hits and I can see it being cashed in a minute or two? Vito said he had his morning routine in a minute and a half... Even the fast log vapes take longer just to fully heat up!

Smaller loads can be cleared in a hit or two, one if you have high temp. Temperature also plays a role, obviously a full load won't be completed vaporized with five or six hits at a low temp like 345.

Nevertheless1090

Been following this thread since day one and I must say I am interested.

I was at my local head shop discussing vaporizers with the owner and she informed she tried it! Sure enough, one of her employees had the vape like a boss shirt on (it's SWEET!). She told me she loved it and was ready to buy some for her shop until she heard the price. In her opinion, it's worth $400-500 at the max and it's severely overpriced.

She also told me how much they wanted for the herbie from the head shops and believe it or not, this thing does not have as much markup as Some may think.

I still would like to try it myself but it seems like the general conscensus is its great, just a little too pricey. But realistically, they may not have much room to discount it since they didn't cut corners with material and the quality of the device . A true catch 22.

Vitolo

Vaporist
Fact is I am on a very fixed low income.
Luckily all I budget for in life is my vaporization needs.
This is the first Vaporizer that costs over 250 that I have ever used that I felt was WELL worth the cost.
Indeed, it would in my opinion be worth putting aside money
every month for a year to own.
We all have priorities in life.
This is mine.
I am certain the good folks at Herbalizer do not blame anyone
for having other priorities.
I showed the Herbie to just over a dozen patients during it's visit with me.
All of them were low income patients.
I did hint at the potential cost of the unit.
2 out of the 15 that tried the unit said they want one.
Not maybe....
a direct look in the eye... and .. "I want one".

To me this is not even the difference between being "First Class" or "Coach"
To me it is the difference between Flying or taking the train.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
If it was me and I was in the market I would take this over the volcano in a heartbeat.

The Volcano is an overpriced one-trick pony in my opinion, but one thing you can say for it is that it has proven to be durable. The Herbalizer is still a question mark.

We've seen enough launches of new vapourizers to know that in general, the more complex it is, the more early problems it has. The Herbalizer is probably the most complex device we've seen, which means it has the most potential to have bugs. Nevertheless, because of the backgrounds of the inventors, I think the Herbalizer will be the most thoroughly tested design we've seen released. That's not to say there won't be bugs—there's no test that can duplicate general release—but I'm thinking the Herbalizer has the best chance of a bug-free version 1.

Top Bottom