The Herbalizer

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
If it was me and I was in the market I would take this over the volcano in a heartbeat.
The Volcano is an overpriced one-trick pony in my opinion, but one thing you can say for it is that it has proven to be durable. The Herbalizer is still a question mark.

We've seen enough launches of new vapourizers to know that in general, the more complex it is, the more early problems it has.

Yes along with you, and probably many on here, I would also take this over the volcano in a heartbeat. Not only is it more versatile, but IMO the aluminum heating element on the volcano can in no way compete taste wise with glass. Although it has definitely been proven to be durable though. But as long as customer service and repair times are decent i have no issues with sending my vapes in for a tune up.

Id probably choose this over the majority fo desktop vapes out right now...

Would i choose this over the vivape though? Im not so sure about that yet, i would need to see the herbalizer in person and/or try it. Because besides form factor, the ability to turn off the fan, and a better bag mouthpiece i dont see myself spending an extra $425 to choose this over the vivape.

Did anyone at the test drive thing have experience with using the vivape as well and can compare?

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
I will say buzzing of fans annoy the crap out of me. My ceiling fan annoys me and I turn it off at times cause of the noise and it is way quieter then the herbilizer and in fact most can't hear it. The fact that you can turn the fan off is a win but you will still have the one that comes on to cool it down. It is like anything else there are pros and cons to each person and someones pro is another persons con or visa versa.

nigel

And shepherds we shall be,for Accuracy & Discovery
There are three fans. The one for Aromatherapy and the one for Vaporization are user controlled. The third is for device cooling and that will be set to trigger at a temp point once the internals reach a warmth. I believe the unit Dreamerr tried just had that fan set to "always on", but the final version will only switch on as necessary.

Dreamerr

Did I talk a diff language again nigel...I thought I said it only makes noise if you have the fans on or when the one comes on to cool...
I will say buzzing of fans annoy the crap out of me. My ceiling fan annoys me and I turn it off at times cause of the noise and it is way quieter then the herbilizer and in fact most can't hear it. The fact that you can turn the fan off is a win but you will still have the one that comes on to cool it down. It is like anything else there are pros and cons to each person and someones pro is another persons con or visa versa.

EDIT: Since I don't have my own unit or as nigel pointed out a unit that the fan on the unit I tried never turned off. To me I have no idea how quiet it is in between that fan coming on and off but that is enough to annoy me all by itself.

jds32

I'm really very strongly considering purchasing one of these. I've been having numerous conversations with myself about the decision and I wanted to share some out loud. Here are some questions I'm asking myself.

Price - Selecting a price for a product is a series of trade-offs
1. Supply and demand - When supply is low and demand is high, you can "get away" with charging more. In a market with multiple functionally equivalent products from several vendors, you frequently get a natural outcome of a reasonable price/profit/features/quality. But if you're an exclusive, and choose to leverage that for a perceived excessive price (or other cost), you risk alienation.
2. Return on investment - Somebody put their money up front to develop this thing, and they're going to want to get it back plus a profit, and as soon as possible and with as little risk as possible. Those are very big variables. How quickly are the investors expecting to get their million dollars back?
3. Target market - Who's expected to purchase this? How much disposable income do they have? Are there customers they want to discourage from purchasing? Demographics play a huge role in pricing.

Initial Product Quality – What are we going to get initially?
It seems that this first set of unit's are essentially custom-built, labor-intensive, expensive devices from low-run components and limited sourcing optimization. If Apple can make an iPhone for USD$188, then I hope these guys can do a little better once everything's worked out. So what are the likely outcomes of this first batch of units?
A. One possibility is that we'll get poor quality units with low-consistency and high failure rates. Maybe the units get replaced with later batches of mass-produced units of greater consistency and quality - if we're lucky.
B. Another possibility is the first batch are the best unit's ever made. Mass-produced units may increase availability or lower costs, but these first units are the most cherished ever created.

And what about competition? I’m thinking by now, several companies should be re-thinking how to manage heating and temperature control?

Who has some input here? Is anybody else asking themselves questions like these? TIA

jds32,
Reactions: Snappo

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
For myself, I realize that this is a very expensive device..... however, the plus's I'm anxious about are:
- the backgrounds of the inventors/producers
- precision heating control
- ease of inhalation (with fan assist if desired) for my weak, sensitive brochs/lungs
- desktop appeal of a 'stealthy' looking closed unit that I won't have to scramble to hide for unexpected guests
- quick hook-up, heating, and medicating times (so it appears)

So, even though I'm on a limited small disa pension, and with the hopes that the manu will be around for quite a while with a prestige device offering geared towards med users, the features and compact/stealth looks along with the anticipated longlife of a quality build warrants the cost (to ME).

I also consider that with my purchases (any), that there will always be a better price down the road (regardless of when I make a purchase), as its the same with everything one buys.... so it never fails (for me) that once I buy something, it always ends up cheaper priced/deals after the fact... such is life.

The only hesitation I feel at the moment is putting my trust into something on first release, but... with hopes that methodology of an engineer (let alone a NASA one) would catch any issues before release. As well, the fact that a USA manu'd item without a Canadian (in my case), distribution/service outlet will cause quite the hassle SHOULD the item require service/warranty.

I've got a gut feeling though that when my email announcement hits my in-box that I'm going to end up jumping on it right away anyways because it offers what 'I think' is everthing I want in a home vape with the ability to carry easily to friends without issue. I do hope that we are able to see more vid production of beta testers before release (which should basically be one of the professional processes anyways within such a market for an expensive device), of the final production unit. With THAT, I have no issue waiting a lil longer ;)

jds32

For myself, I realize that this is a very expensive device...

So, even though I'm on a limited small disa pension, and with the hopes that the manu will be around for quite a while with a prestige device offering geared towards med users, the features and compact/stealth looks along with the anticipated longlife of a quality build warrants the cost (to ME).

smokum, I find myself in a very similar position as you. I do have some reservations, but it's the feature set, unavailable anywhere else, that tips the scale.

We'll all be making a bit of a leap of faith in the manufacturer. I'm not sure how to resolve that fear ahead of time (at least not rationally).

As for price... this is supply/demand without competition.

jds32,
Reactions: Snappo

Vitolo

Vaporist
The Herbalizer's Circuitry, Halogen system and all of it's concomitant Patents will be hard to "emulate".
It would require the complete dissection of such unit, and then careful study with special attention to avoiding landing too close to Patent laws. It will be a good long time before this design will have actual competition based on similar design.
About a "Leap of Faith":
Those that are early adopters of any high tech vaporizer are traditionally taken the best care of.
If there existed a bug never uncovered by testing in a vape, The manufacturer is bound to satisfy the client in short order... after all, early adopters are like "the first children enrolled in a school",
or the "first tourists to take vacation in a new expensive resort".
Early Adopters are loved respected and needed by Manufacturers and are usually in the best position of anyone.
The leap they take is not a risky one in my opinion.
:2c:

Last edited:

jds32

Leap of Faith

I agree Vitolo, it's a leap of faith. We can assign our own values, or "how we'd do it", or what seems rational, to a vendor, but the fact is that the vendor in question has little or no track record, so yeah, it does come down to a leap of faith.

As for patents, I haven't seen their submission (do you have a link?), but it's hard for me to imagine their "how" being so general as to seriously impeed competition. But of course, that's all up to interpretation and the court system. Besides, I seriously doubt the Chinese copiers care at all about US patents.

ludwig

For me, with the Herbalizer, looking at the $700~ price tag, this is how I break it down-

It has 3 major features- Balloon, Whip, and Aromatherapy-

I would put 300-400 on the Balloon, 200-250, on the whip, the rest on the aromatherapy side.

so you're essentially purchasing 2 vaporizers and an aromatherapy device combined in 1.

The price tag might be high but looking at that way and just one ultimate desktop unit on my table instead of 2,3 vaporizers and the performance of it makes it an excellent buy. If it comes with a great warranty service, extras, and what else Herbalizer can offer us makes the deal even sweeter.

How well does Herbalizer handle concentrates? I'm curious how the vapor is compared to the Cloud+ (I'm comparing it to Evo but its not out yet so Cloud+ should be close)

Tweek

The Herbalizer's Circuitry, Halogen system and all of it's concomitant Patents will be hard to "emulate".
It would require the complete dissection of such unit, and then careful study with special attention to avoiding landing too close to Patent laws. It will be a good long time before this design will have actual competition based on similar design.
About a "Leap of Faith":
Those that are early adopters of any high tech vaporizer are traditionally taken the best care of.
If there existed a bug never uncovered by testing in a vape, The manufacturer is bound to satisfy the client in short order... after all, early adopters are like "the first children enrolled in a school",
or the "first tourists to take vacation in a new expensive resort".
Early Adopters are loved respected and needed by Manufacturers and are usually in the best position of anyone.
The leap they take is not a risky one in my opinion.
:2c:

I find it depends on the manufacturer...I have been an early adopter on some pricey vapes, and didn't feel all that well taken care of. One or two are just sitting on my shelf now, plagued with issues...that being said, folks at Herbalizer seem like good peoples, so I am looking forward to interacting with them more come launch time.

Vitolo

Vaporist
I agree Vitolo, it's a leap of faith. ......so yeah, it does come down to a leap of faith.
I am with you all the way, jds32. I agree with what you say, but I think that you misinterpreted my post...
I was saying that in my opinion this was NOT a very large leap of faith, (at least not to me.) in that I feel complete faith in this companies abilities...
You asked about concentrates...
I covered that.
It does not do dabs like people that are recreational users do.
you place wax on pad, and put it in. You get a complete session, of a dozen hits, and the pad comes out clean and dry.. as does the chamber. I spoke about this and Dreamerr chimed in.. that I was able to go back and forth from herb to wax with ease and no cleanup.
I never enjoyed doing concentrates with the Cloud, it was messy...in fact I no longer use the Cloud. I passed it on to someone that seemed to appreciate it. I never liked the wait time, or the cleanup afterwards, and I got similar results and flavor from my other vapes, without the wait time, heat of unit or the work.
As for the "extras".... these items are standard and will be included with the Herbalizer.
You will not miss out on anything!

ludwig

I am with you all the way, jds32. I agree with what you say, but I think that you misinterpreted my post...
I was saying that in my opinion this was NOT a very large leap of faith, (at least not to me.) in that I feel complete faith in this companies abilities...
You asked about concentrates...
I covered that.
It does not do dabs like people that are recreational users do.
you place wax on pad, and put it in. You get a complete session, of a dozen hits, and the pad comes out clean and dry.. as does the chamber. I spoke about this and Dreamerr chimed in.. that I was able to go back and forth from herb to wax with ease and no cleanup.
I never enjoyed doing concentrates with the Cloud, it was messy...in fact I no longer use the Cloud. I passed it on to someone that seemed to appreciate it. I never liked the wait time, or the cleanup afterwards, and I got similar results and flavor from my other vapes, without the wait time, heat of unit or the work.
As for the "extras".... these items are standard and will be included with the Herbalizer.
You will not miss out on anything!

Oh wow, that sounds like the volcano and their pad- that means the extraction on herbalizer is very good. I'm with you, Vitolo, with the Cloud. I got Cloud+ when I was offered to replace my Cloud, had it for a month or so but let it go- not for me as well.

Tweek

Oh wow, that sounds like the volcano and their pad- that means the extraction on herbalizer is very good. I'm with you, Vitolo, with the Cloud. I got Cloud+ when I was offered to replace my Cloud, had it for a month or so but let it go- not for me as well.

If you look at the pad on their website, it's like a mini volcano pad. Kind of cute. I am eager to see how it does with oils as well. I have a sublimator, which is a blast for dabbing, but sometimes it's nice not to have to worry about hot metal when guests are over.

Dreamerr

I will repeat what I said earlier in the thread. When I used the herbalizer it was the first time I did concentrates and I was very impressed at the ease of use. I have heard all the stories of messy and all that stuff. This was seamless going back and forth and zero mess.

Edit: The pad that tweek mentioned above floats in the air so it is kind of kewl as well.

Vitolo

Vaporist
The concentrate pad works MUCH better with the Herbalizer than the Volcano.
The Volcano pad is "fixed"... wedged in, and it lets oil seep into the juncture where pad meets chamber.
The Herbalizer pad is smaller than the chamber walls. No oils seep anywhere, in fact while in use, the concentrate pad floats in the chamber suspended on a cushion of hot air. This is why it is so clean when done!

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Stu loaded up some wax on the pad and blew a balloon with it when we all hung out. We also tried just putting a dab on top of a packed bowl and that worked fine as well. You're not gonna get the whole dab in two rips with the pad I don't think, unless you put just enough to kill. It handles it efficiently in both cases.

Top Bottom