The Herbalizer

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
First, for shit's and giggles - if anyone has a cloud buddy, you have got to trying dabbing on one side while running Herbie through the other. :mental:

Second, I have an 18/reducer that almost fits perfectly on top of Herbie's male joint. If I had taken 7th - 10th grade math I would totally measure this thing diameter and have a blower make me an adapter.

The EVO is the king of the hill as far as adaptability. Their glass and water tools are the tits! We should all learn from from each other. Imagine an EVO with temperature control like fucking Herbie! Or Herbie with Gong capability without a hose.

Honestly, one of the reason's I've been focusing so much on Herbie is because of health issues giving me trouble with my arm. No big deal, something I have to deal with but the fact that I don't have to hold Herbie up makes it my go to. It's temperature changed the game for us medical users.

Doesn't mean I don't like getting kicked in the head by the EVO every now and then. There's room for improvement on both, and we get to see the fucking race!

Once again, @lazylathe let the testing begin!

electric-shock-experiment-fail.gif

toros23

It was the early GonG adapter that PlanetVape offered for the Inhalater. It seems the design has changed a bit since then, with it getting a slightly angled end. I've seen pieces similar to this at my local headshop though, and I'm sure a glassblower could work one up in fifteen minutes.

If you want one that is not angled, just check LHS, ALT or eBay. Here are a couple links for online:

http://aqualabtechnologies.com/glass-accessories/glass-adapters.html
http://www.ebay.com/itm/380756389010

@lazylathe - that looks just like my setup, we both spend a lot of time staring at Herbie up close and personal.. lol

stealthwang

Just got my Herbalizer over the weekend! I'm loving the device tho it's really making it clear how dried out and mediocre the herb I have atm is. Thing looks like 15 years of refinements when placed next to my EQ. Going to write a longer review shortly. Maybe do a video.

Right now just wanted to say that a PONG cap to the bowl is my first must-have accessory.

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Ugh, you guys talking about putting your tubes directly on top of the bowl makes me cringe every time :ninja: only because it isn't the same system as a cloud (straight glass path with nothing else). Not curious to see what happens when a few drops of water hit the bulb...

stealthwang

Of course it's not the same, but I've never had even a drop flow out the bottom of my watertube.

Except if you blow into it- but then you're asking for trouble. People have had friends break their VXH doing the same thing. Getting cold water into any hot vape would break it.

Do watertubes really have this problem of droplet backflow?

Quetzalcoatl

Of course it's not the same, but I've never had even a drop flow out the bottom of my watertube.

Except if you blow into it- but then you're asking for trouble. People have had friends break their VXH doing the same thing. Getting cold water into any hot vape would break it.

Not normally, no. Splash back from pulling to clear wouldn't drip from the bottom, but a little cough is all you'd need... Still, not gonna tell you all how to use your stuff. You paid for it, you enjoy it how you want to.

I'd probably have some ridiculous setup to minimize the chances though, like a reclaimer on it to give it some bend... "just in case" :)

lazylathe

Almost there...
I feel very safe using Herbie with my HT as the spash guard is pretty large.
If a friend is visiting the HT gets attached to the whip for extra security.

Waiting for my iOffer perc to arrive so that i have a dedicated piece of glass that is safe to use with Herbie!
I also ordered a Weed Start perc to try out from GC as they had a 30% off sale!
Start with some cheaper glass and work my way up!

weedemon

enthusiast
I think I recall this being mentioned before, but I wanted to show you guys the easiest and cheapest mod to hook your herbie up to your water tools.

qVA4Aeu.jpg

that's a 2 inch (or 4 cm) piece of SSV (equivalent) tubing. [3/8" inner diameter, 1/2" outer diameter]
I found this thread very useful (http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/whip-tubing-all-your-questions-answered.3311/)

now on the bong I wanted to use it's got a 18mm fitting, but the downstem is 18mm on the outside, and 14mm on the inside. (lucky you if you have a 14mm female fitting too!) this lil mod will work great! *edit I just checked, and it will work with 18 as well. You need to insert the tube a lot further down into the downstem. I prefer the 14mm option.

I am now using my herbie with my new favourite method! this really kicked it up a notch. :)

7f7RKnW.jpg

can use those higher temps even more comfortably now! :)

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker

I don't think he was comparing the two. I think what he was saying is is why take the chance? Especially with a device that cost so much. We already know (kinda)that they're working on a gong adapter why not wait and see.

And I don't think the comparison the EVO as far water spilling back in is fair. The EVO had a wide open air path that doesn't allow for any contact with the device's internals. On Herbie however you would be spilling water right into a bulb!

HT's are absolutely safe, but jerry rigged with some tubing not only only defeats the purpose of a glass on glass connection but your putting yourself at risk!

Why do it? Herbie is in it's infancy stage at the moment, just sit back and enjoy a bit. I'm sure there's lots to come.

Quetzalcoatl

I don't think he was comparing the two. I think what he was saying is is why take the chance? Especially with a device that cost so much. We already know (kinda)that they're working on a gong adapter why not wait and see.

And I don't think the comparison the EVO as far water spilling back in is fair. The EVO had a wide open air path that doesn't allow for any contact with the device's internals. On Herbie however you would be spilling water right into a bulb!

HT's are absolutely safe, but jerry rigged with some tubing not only only defeats the purpose of a glass on glass connection but your putting yourself at risk!

Why do it? Herbie is in it's infancy stage at the moment, just sit back and enjoy a bit. I'm sure there's lots to come.
I was and wasn't comparing the two. I should have been clearer, what I was comparing between the two was the immediate heated glass that water would touch if splash back were to occur. Despite Evo having wide open airflow it does have heated glass within the first few inches, with Herbalizer maybe two? I'm just thinking out loud, dont mind me :p

Quetzalcoatl,
Reactions: mvapes

stealthwang

I totally get where you all are coming from- I've just had good experiences with my FBomb so far using it attached to the whip and want to take it to the peak. Here's hoping whatever adapter they create has a splash guard in it.

Tried hooking up Herbie at max to a water pipe with a tube full of ice- so very impressed. The consistency!

Should start taking notes about things I want to rave about in my vid.

ResonantOG

Still haven't smoked since I got Herbie. What's that a month or more now? Thanks Herbalizer!!!

Edit: also been using my whip into a 14mm reducer on my Opinicus9 bubbler. Very nice hits. When I am pressed for time, I like to use this combo and hot temps to get the job done fast.

Last edited:

Crohnie

Crohn's Warrior
Would anyone care to give their opinion of Herbalizer's customer service? I'm sure I'm probably the exception, but I'm sorry to say my first impression is less than stellar from a company that sells a high end product.

Crohnie,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Would anyone care to give their opinion of Herbalizer's customer service?
Since the product is new... and the company is new... this implies that the customer service process is also new, and going through development.
The intent is perfect customer service obviously.
I am sure that your comment here will help things in a direction you will find able to improve that 1st impression.

Crohnie

Crohn's Warrior
Since the product is new... and the company is new... this implies that the customer service process is also new, and going through development.
The intent is perfect customer service obviously.
I am sure that your comment here will help things in a direction you will find able to improve that 1st impression.
Is it better to email or call? I've gotten no responses to several messages so far.

Your Highness

Cannasseur
I love my Herbie! BUT.... I have also sent a couple of emails with no responses and that's a little disconcerting. AND... I also made a purchase of some accessories back on the 10th of Jan and I haven't received and/or heard anything since. When I log into the site is still says processing. BUT... I will give them the benefit of the doubt. Other then what I just mentioned, my unit works absolutely perfect and I have no complaints in that regard.

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
Is it better to email or call? I've gotten no responses to several messages so far.

Being anal about response time, I did their 'contact us' form on their site, then followed it with an email at the end of the day not receiving a response.... then the next day I still hadnt heard from them so I called and left a message (which was returned within the hour place in the early evening EST).

I'm sure their processes need tweaking no doubt being so new in the retail game, but 'I' feel they are doing their best at this stage and am currently satisfied.

smokum,
Reactions: denalus

Crohnie

Crohn's Warrior
I love my Herbie! BUT.... I have also sent a couple of emails with no responses and that's a little disconcerting. AND... I also made a purchase of some accessories back on the 10th of Jan and I haven't received and/or heard anything since. When I log into the site is still says processing. BUT... I will give them the benefit of the doubt. Other then what I just mentioned, my unit works absolutely perfect and I have no complaints in that regard.
Thanks for that response. My "Account Desktop" on the Herbalizer has no information at all about my order. I find it disturbing that you haven't gotten responses to emails and that an order for accessories almost a month old gets no acknowledgment. This only serves to confirm my first impressions. If I don't hear anything in a couple of days, I will be canceling my order. IMO, these things should NOT happen with a company selling such a high end product.

toros23

Thanks for that response. My "Account Desktop" on the Herbalizer has no information at all about my order. I find it disturbing that you haven't gotten responses to emails and that an order for accessories almost a month old gets no acknowledgment. This only serves to confirm my first impressions. If I don't hear anything in a couple of days, I will be canceling my order. IMO, these things should NOT happen with a company selling such a high end product.

Hang in there, it is a startup and they could be having email or other issues. I heard from Sheila (sales) recently and know they are trying hard to get everything worked out. I had a hardware issue at one point and they took really good care of me, so I don't see any reason to cancel your order.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member

You've posted a few times about this, and you also posted something in the shipping thread. Please note the underlined part of this rule:
  • Don’t attack products or companies. You can post your opinion, and you can criticize, but posts written to offend are not allowed. State your complaint and move on.
You've had more than your fair chance to draw attention to your issue. Please don't post about it again until you have a resolution.

pakalolo,
Top Bottom