Discontinued The Herbalizer

weedemon

enthusiast
so today I was vaping at 371 F and i was going until i wasn't getting any more visible clouds. then i turned it up 4 degrees. to 375. and i'll be damned if i didn't get a cloud again. I had to test Vtac's statement after reading it. prior to that I was jumping in 10-25 degree intervals. I didn't think this thing was actually that accurate.

I also had a talk with Josh I had questions as to how stable the temp was able to remain during use. and he explained it to me that there was a lot going on behind the scenes that i couldn't tell from the outside. He also said that the wispy symbols are not the only time the unit is heating, in reality it's micropulsing very frequently, more often than the symbols will display. this was useful info for me.

he also wanted to assure me that if i haul on the herbie really hard, i will only vape the herb at a faster rate. I should not be able to actually raise the heat in the chamber. "stoking the fire" if you will. I am still a tad skeptical, but I haven't been able to prove him otherwise personally.

I have one more q and if I get an answer on that I will be sure to share it too. I gotta say, I am really impressed by everyone I talk to in this company. :)

lazylathe

Almost there...
What would be the best way to vape dry sieved hash in Herbie?
I would prefer to just do the hash and not do a flower/hash/flower sandwich.
I am finding that it blocks the screen very quickly and i almost need a mesh capsule to contain the hash in.

I have some compressed hash that i crumble on top of my flowers and that works really well.
I can compress the dry sieve as well but like the variety.

Darb

I am finding that it blocks the screen very quickly and i almost need a mesh capsule to contain the hash in.

I have some compressed hash that i crumble on top of my flowers and that works really well.
Maybe sandwich it between the two oil pads?

Darb,
Reactions: mvapes

weedemon

enthusiast
you could put a sacrificial screen on top of it to keep it off of the top screen in the lid. maybe both if you think it's needed for the bottom too?

I think the herb/hash/herb would be how I would do it if i was going to. :)

but with a set of screens you could jump right to high temps without compromising it via the presence of herbs. (i don't like taking my herbs over 420-430F) it gets dry and a lil harsh on the throat.

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
I'm hoping this may give the team some ideas....

20140201_191109_zpsygja1xdq.jpg

20140201_191116_zpsgbi16lua.jpg

20140201_191132_zpsphe8gkka.jpg

Vitolo

Vaporist

See the images and post here; http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-herbalizer.9116/page-56#post-517271

weedemon

enthusiast
ok, i am doing a bed of herb, with a nice layer of kief and then with the mesh pad on top to keep it down from the top screen. here goes...

*edit, it tastes funny. started on 330. turned it up to 350 and put the boost on. still tasted funny.

opened it up. found a puck of herb and the disk turned sideways with large airspaces... took pad out seems clean still. (visually speaking)

hit it by myself at the 350F setting. and couldn't handle it! really tasty! but also a good cloud! I am fuckin ripped now! wow... im gonna edit and re-arrange this post, and then go sit down with my doggie. :)

so far this thing has been very effective. but i think my friends will be less impressed. it's not as much a show off as the evo or sub will do. at least for me this appears to be the case.

tbh I don't mind not seeing the clouds as much. I feel my volume of consumption has already gone down using the herbie. but i'm not really feeling like im missing out. having the temp range and power to make little changes. And still notice a difference is really amazing. also been able to lock in uses for different ranges. (low = relief on the gut. high is better for nausea. more testing is needed though)

Last edited:

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
ok, i am doing a bed of herb, with a nice layer of kief and then with the mesh pad on top to keep it down from the top screen. here goes...

*edit, it tastes funny. started on 330. turned it up to 350 and put the boost on. still tasted funny.

opened it up. found a puck of herb and the disk turned sideways with large airspaces... took pad out seems clean still. (visually speaking)

hit it by myself at the 350F setting. and couldn't handle it! really tasty! but also a good cloud! I am fuckin ripped now! wow... im gonna edit and re-arrange this post, and then go sit down with my doggie. :)

so far this thing has been very effective. but i think my friends will be less impressed. it's not as much a show off as the evo or sub will do. at least for me this appears to be the case.

tbh I don't mind not seeing the clouds as much. I feel my volume of consumption has already gone down using the herbie. but i'm not really feeling like im missing out. having the temp range and power to make little changes. And still notice a difference is really amazing. also been able to lock in uses for different ranges. (low = relief on the gut. high is better for nausea. more testing is needed though)

Testing is a must! We put ourselves through rigorous testing for science.

lazylathe

Almost there...

You talk about lack of clouds…
At 350 you are not going to get big clouds, turn it up and you will find them!
I can get bigger clouds with Herbie than with the EVO, thanks to the fan assist.
Load up some prime herb, attach a GonG to the whip so you can use your EVO HT.
Set it to the highest setting, turn on the fan and start inhaling.

I get absolutely fantastic clouds hitting Herbie this way.
If you judge the load size carefully you can do it all in one huge rip, which is fun for those times when time is short!
I will try and get some pics and hopefully a video up today!

@Vitolo Thanks for the reminder!
Those baskets look like the perfect match for Herbie, pity they only come from the UK.
I will try and come up with something on this side!

As @mvapes always says… More experimenting needs to be done!:science:

Tweek

I just toss my sift into the bowl, no extra screen or herb. But you can toss an extra screen or two in there, if you do not want to gunk up the primary one. I find it works well as is though.

Tweek,
Reactions: Vitolo

lazylathe

Almost there...
I never knew that making a short clip of a vape session was so difficult!!
Kudos to all those out there that have perfected it!!

After two sessions with the Herbie and a video camera, all just single hits, i am too medicated to try again!
I get the loading, attaching, vaping but when it comes to capturing the vapour on the camera i lose the plot! I am also stuck down in my small room with a fluorescent light at my head height so that is also proving to be difficult to work with.

I will try again later when i come down!

grokit

well-worn member
Herbie can paint a big tube white with the power-assist, that is for sure. But bigger clouds than the evo I think not, ime it's sub>evo>herbie as far as maximum cloud density goes. Clouds aren't everything, but I do wonder what possibilities might be unlocked if herbie maxed out at 475f instead of 445f.

Tweek

So far, the negatives I have for the Herbie would definitely be the noise...much quieter than a Volcano, it can still be a bit too noisy for some us touchier folks. Last night, I really noticed it as I was using while watching a video. Had to really crank up my volume which was annoying. Also felt like I might wake up the wife if I was not careful...:ninja:

I use alot of higher temp ranges, so there is alot of fan action, as it works to maintain temperature. There is also the clicking noise, but that is manageable. Not a deal breaker, but definitely something to consider, as I had assumed it would be much quieter.

Only other negative, would be bag filling...I find it takes alot longer than I assumed by the ads. I also find, that if you don't hold the bag in place, it will leak while filling. Not a huge deal, but still worth noting.

Other than that, things are still ticking along smoothly. It is my go to right now...I just pop open the lid, take some nice hits, and shut it down. So fast....I love it.

Let's talk temperature control/selective extraction. My anxiety levels have been pretty high lately, which makes me want to avoid too much of a cerebral effect from my flowers. At the very least, I'd like to be able to enjoy using marijuana even when I'm experiencing significant anxiety and obsessive irrational thoughts, which is one of my main symptoms.

I've been experimenting while consulting this chart in an attempt to isolate certain compounds, particularly those with anxiolytic and sedative-like properties, all while reducing the overall psychoactive effects from THC. I tried running the fan and not hitting the vape (freestyle mode!) until the fan auto shut off after 85 seconds or whatever it is. This was at 320 degrees. I then bumped it up to 340 and had a bag. Next, I turned it up to 350 and let the vapor boil off, followed by a second bag at 370. I still got high, but it definitely wasn't as "racy" as I've experienced in the past with this particular strain (Lemon Kush) at these low temps, and it didn't last as long. Once the head high began to fade, I still felt a nice subtle body high and felt pretty at ease overall.

I tried the experiment again with another strain (Black Cherry Soda, indica-dom hybrid) just now, only this time, I ran the fan until it shut off at 353, followed by a series of whip hits with incremental temp increases ranging from 356-400. Again, I'm high, but it's definitely not overwhelming like it sometimes can be when I vape at those temps for this length of time with this amount of bud in the Herbalizer. I haven't gone up to the higher temps yet, as it's the middle of the day and I can't afford to pass out on the couch this early. I think @green2brown made a post a few weeks ago about running the fan at 420ish and then taking some hits at full blast in order to medicate without getting high.

If we could find a more comprehensive/accurate (I really have no idea how accurate the aforementioned chart is) resource regarding the properties, effects, and boiling points of the different compounds that make up this incredible plant, the Herbalizer could seriously be a game changer. I mean, it already is a game changer as far as I'm concerned, but I really think selective extraction could be a huge breakthrough for everyone.

Last edited:

Vitolo

Vaporist
...but I really think selective extraction could be a huge breakthrough for everyone.
Members of the community have for a couple of years now, been bringing me quantities of ABV.
In return, I provide them with ABV oriented waxes, tinctures, pastes, and medibles.
Vaping the ABV at the higher levels (without being previously medicated on flowers) has provided anxiety and stress relief for a number of patients that are high strung, or who experience, anxiety, paranoia, or uncomfortable thought process when medicated.

Members of the community have for a couple of years now, been bringing me quantities of ABV.
In return, I provide them with ABV oriented waxes, tinctures, pastes, and medibles.
Vaping the ABV at the higher levels (without being previously medicated on flowers) has provided anxiety and stress relief for a number of patients that are high strung, or who experience, anxiety, paranoia, or uncomfortable thought process when medicated.

Interesting. Vaping ABV at high temps sounds awful (I'm a flavor snob), but if it could provide some relief I'm all for trying it. Have people reported relief by vaping ABV before medicating with fresh flowers, or is it only while remaining unmedicated by flowers that they see the benefit? Just to clarify, vaping marijuana is NOT causing me to have uncomfortable through processes, rather, it can often exacerbate the thoughts I'm already experiencing, particularly if I get too high/too much of a cerebral effect.

Vitolo

Vaporist
They have reported BOTH
Using it alone to medicate in a manner that sedates.. and reduces anxiety....
AND...
using it after medicating with fresh green flowers of Sativa predominant characteristics,... in order to reduce already existing levels of THC exacerbated anxiety.

weedemon

enthusiast
I am a Canadian. i use the metric system. I like degrees celsius, not fahrenheit. but on this one i prefer F... I think it's because I have more numbers to compare with. I like jumping 5-10 degrees per bowl.

i think it's funny how much I hate the imperial system. but.... I know my weight in lbs, not kg 2.2:1 conversion factor, easy i know... but i still go by lbs. i know my height by ft and in not meters and cm. *derp*

You talk about lack of clouds…
At 350 you are not going to get big clouds, turn it up and you will find them!
I can get bigger clouds with Herbie than with the EVO, thanks to the fan assist.
Load up some prime herb, attach a GonG to the whip so you can use your EVO HT.
Set it to the highest setting, turn on the fan and start inhaling.

I get absolutely fantastic clouds hitting Herbie this way.
If you judge the load size carefully you can do it all in one huge rip, which is fun for those times when time is short!
I will try and get some pics and hopefully a video up today!

haha, totally my bad. i meant to say i turned it up to 380 (not 350 the last time) when "i couldn't handle it" and thats when the cloud hit me and i was having a potency related coughing fit. it's a typo. also I dont stop there. I open it up, stir, and continue up to 430F. after that I don't really like the taste. I will go further if I am seeking relief, but if it's for recreation then 430 is my limit.

I have yet to see clouds bigger than that what the evo can make. or the sublimator either for that matter.

doing it all in one rip like i would the sublimator sounds interesting. what temp do you prefer to use to pull that off?

lazylathe

Almost there...
I am a Canadian. i use the metric system.
haha, totally my bad. i meant to say i turned it up to 380 (not 350 the last time) when "i couldn't handle it" and thats when the cloud hit me and i was having a potency related coughing fit. it's a typo. also I dont stop there. I open it up, stir, and continue up to 430F. after that I don't really like the taste. I will go further if I am seeking relief, but if it's for recreation then 430 is my limit.

I have yet to see clouds bigger than that what the evo can make. or the sublimator either for that matter.

doing it all in one rip like i would the sublimator sounds interesting. what temp do you prefer to use to pull that off?

LOL!!
I was hoping you went up to the higher temps!

For the one rip i go all the way up to 292 Celsius.
Start the fan and prepare for blast off!

EDIT!!! Been a Herbie day… That should read 229!!!
LMAO!!

Last edited:
lazylathe,

weedemon

enthusiast
LOL!!
I was hoping you went up to the higher temps!

For the one rip i go all the way up to 292 Celsius.
Start the fan and prepare for blast off!
im gonna try it! also gotta figure out a way to macgyver and HT to it! that sounds awesome ;)

weedemon,
Top Bottom