Dueling mascots, or...
PZfRPZZ.jpg

...Norrin Radd makes a new friend :peace:
:party:

Last edited:

lazylathe

Almost there...
Herbie has a mate!!!
I bought a piece of glass off offer a while ago and it was delivered today.
So i had to try it out and WOW was it a great experience!!!

Very low diffusion and water volume, great flavour and very smooth!!
I can see a lot of testing needs to be done!:science:
I never knew that a WT could totally change your vaping experience!

The first milk shot!!!
Remember this is my first real standalone piece of glass ever!
Only other one i've used and own is the EVO HT.

2014-02-05173754_zps7d8f850f.jpg

toros23

Just picked up a 14mm/10mm GonG reducer (link here) and the 10mm end fits almost perfectly over the end of the plastic piece that typically connects to the hose/whip. No tubing required, fits really snug and no leaks. If you need to go to 18mm, you can use an 18mm/14mm reducer and it is still really compact and easy to deal with. So if you have a nice glass straw (like the Vapexhale one) or some other device with a female GonG joint, this is a great solution until something better comes along.

ei1h.jpg

lazylathe

Almost there...
You know in a blind taste test that I made up in my head 4 out of 5 people preferred glass.

Anyways, I'll throw a pic in too...

20140205_210636_zpshsjvom9m.jpg

@lazylathe - it seems that my whip is bigger than yours. :brow:

@mvapes Don't make me whip you with my whip!!

:brow::whip:

I did cut off about an inch of tubing to make the connector in post 2066.
No longer used now since i have some other glass!

lazylathe,
Reactions: mvapes
This device is changing the way I medicate. Last night I packed just enough to cover the screen (something like .03g) and took a couple quick rips with the fan assist at 445. I never thought I'd find myself vaping at full blast, but it's been good for me lately - more high temp compounds to balance out the THC, thus providing less of a racy effect. My heart rate didn't go up at all and I had a very pleasant body stone. Plus, Herbie makes the vapor smooth even at the high temps and I still got good flavor. Small amounts are a great way to avoid getting "over medicated" when you don't want to!

didolgi

I'm the first person to admit I'm a novice in the world of medical marijuana, but I'd learned how to get the most out of my PAX (daily driver). I could easily control just how medicated I got by how full I packed the oven, and how long I'd use each oven load.

A typical session with my PAX was .15-.25g on Medium(390F) and 20-25 minutes in length. Loading the same amount into Herbie at 390F does give me a pleasant sense of relaxation similar to the PAX. With the PAX it would last about 2-2.5 hours. I notice with Herbie it seems to fade faster, and I usually top up after only an hour.

With the Herbalizer I've been very cautious with how much I load in the bowl as I've read over and over how easy it is to over medicate. I admit I only have two full days of use under my belt at this point, but I just feel like I'm doing something wrong. Since I started using Herbie it just 'feels' very different. I've carefully measured amounts of strains that I've been using for months, and with the same amount as my PAX, I'm just not getting the same results with Herbie. I have tried matching Herbie's temps to the PAX's published set points, and the visible clouds are about a match, but the effects just don't seem to be there in the same way.

I know there is a learning curve with every new product, and I don't expect to master Herbie in just two days, but compared to what most people have written in this thread I'm just not getting the same results. I do like Herbie and I think in the long run we're going to be fine friends.

I've played with temperature settings, and whip vs. bag, dry vs. via bubbler. I'm just wondering what I'm not doing that more experienced users are doing? Thoughts?

green2brown

I'm the first person to admit I'm a novice in the world of medical marijuana, but I'd learned how to get the most out of my PAX (daily driver). I could easily control just how medicated I got by how full I packed the oven, and how long I'd use each oven load.

A typical session with my PAX was .15-.25g on Medium(390F) and 20-25 minutes in length. Loading the same amount into Herbie at 390F does give me a pleasant sense of relaxation similar to the PAX. With the PAX it would last about 2-2.5 hours. I notice with Herbie it seems to fade faster, and I usually top up after only an hour.

With the Herbalizer I've been very cautious with how much I load in the bowl as I've read over and over how easy it is to over medicate. I admit I only have two full days of use under my belt at this point, but I just feel like I'm doing something wrong. Since I started using Herbie it just 'feels' very different. I've carefully measured amounts of strains that I've been using for months, and with the same amount as my PAX, I'm just not getting the same results with Herbie. I have tried matching Herbie's temps to the PAX's published set points, and the visible clouds are about a match, but the effects just don't seem to be there in the same way.

I know there is a learning curve with every new product, and I don't expect to master Herbie in just two days, but compared to what most people have written in this thread I'm just not getting the same results. I do like Herbie and I think in the long run we're going to be fine friends.

I've played with temperature settings, and whip vs. bag, dry vs. via bubbler. I'm just wondering what I'm not doing that more experienced users are doing? Thoughts?

The stated temperatures of the PAX are likely poor indicators of the actual temperature within the chamber, meaning when you think it's running at 390F it's probably actually a decent amount hotter. I would simply suggest turning the temp up on your Herbalizer. The high end actives need a higher temperature than 390F to be released, so crank it up and you'll get significantly thicker hits with longer lasting, stronger effects.

Vitolo

Vaporist
Pax gets herb pretty darned tan.. and is straight conduction, so it may be giving a large dose....
AND, with the Pax you are mobile, and may tend to puff more regularly, as well as have longer sessions--->since the tool is in your hand.

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Try starting at a low temp and increment slowly and try starting at a high temperature from the start and see what effects you like most.

I think you might miss the CBN (it's sedative) that is more prevalent in vaporizers with a lot of conduction like the PAX.

grokit

well-worn member
Try starting at a low temp and increment slowly and try starting at a high temperature from the start and see what effects you like most.

I think you might miss the CBN (it's sedative) that is more prevalent in vaporizers with a lot of conduction like the PAX.

That's another reason to crank herbie all the way up,
for the most full-spectrum type of effect.

edit:
The fan assist can help with a more complete extraction as well,
when combined with operation at 345°f.

Last edited:

didolgi

I bow the great wisdom that is FC!! :nod:

After reading all of the advice above I started my session at 445 connected to glass, two hits later...:drool::drool::drool: It seems for me 'normal' was a much hotter extraction then I thought it was.

Since the PAX was the only vape I'd ever used, and until 8 months ago the last time I used marijuana was over 25 years ago I didn't have much to compare to. Now that I understand what real temperature control can do its time for :science: The difference in the experience from the same source material is amazing. This is a nuance I've head spoken of, but I never quite got it until now.

nigel

And shepherds we shall be,for Accuracy & Discovery
On the note of "over medication" with the Herbie:

There are a couple of theories. But, rather, I'm just going to relate personal experience here.
Let's get anecdotal.

So, this being a new device to me, I'm playing around with a lot of things I wouldn't necessarily engage in... testing "edge conditions" so to speak. I can't remember if this was a high temp night or not (okay... probably...), but I do know that it involved trying heavy hits.

And some kief...

It's [was] a Friday night. I'm hitting away, and for once, got a good stride going off of the whip. (I still haven't learned the whip properly and prefer the bags, but this session was going well.) Really nice session.

And I am most likely puffing between bigger hits, as that is the way of my people...

When I wake up, it is 6 am.

I am still on the couch. I'm in an upright seated position. Blanket still on my lap (it IS winter!). Quadruped had settled in my lap *somewhere* in the night.

And the whip is still grasped in my hand...

AND, with the _______ you are mobile, and may tend to puff more regularly, as well as have longer sessions--->since the tool is in your hand.

Good point! I do very much like my handheld for that very reason. :)

And for reasons stated above, perhaps it's advisable to not do that on the Herbie. :lmao:

Now that I understand what real temperature control can do its time for :science:

The motto of the Herbie is "Vape like a boss!"

I think it now has a battle-cry….

[EDIT: After J's comments today, decided to go into fan assist mode 100% for whip mode. I might have to rethink my thoughts on whips…]

Last edited:

ResonantOG

I bow the great wisdom that is FC!! :nod:

After reading all of the advice above I started my session at 445 connected to glass, two hits later...:drool::drool::drool: It seems for me 'normal' was a much hotter extraction then I thought it was.

Since the PAX was the only vape I'd ever used, and until 8 months ago the last time I used marijuana was over 25 years ago I didn't have much to compare to. Now that I understand what real temperature control can do its time for :science: The difference in the experience from the same source material is amazing. This is a nuance I've head spoken of, but I never quite got it until now.

Wow, this is almost my exact story, but it was 14 years, an MFLB then a PAX.

I kinda already knew about the temp inaccuracies with conduction, so my first sesh with the Herbalizer I just cranked it to 445. Hahaha

Glad to have you aboard!! The air is thick up here!

Last edited:
Top Bottom